PDA

View Full Version : my band's demo

noresolution
10-07-2003, 11:18 PM
my first thread got deleted so here we are again. thanks for listening.

thevirusunknown
10-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Maybe its just me but, I don't see any links or anything.....

Elgyn
10-08-2003, 03:47 PM
I enjoyed it. I'm not usually a fan of silence, but this particular recording stands out.

Any chance of a link?

noresolution
10-08-2003, 04:28 PM
lol oops...
www.mp3.com/no_resolution

elevate
10-08-2003, 07:28 PM
A high energy, emotional song with kickass drumming.
While it's a pretty good drum recording, IMO, he's overplaying quite a bit and ...well...it sounds like he's trying to stick the druming from 46 & 2 into your song (5th verse). It sounds like he's a good drummer, as far as skill goes, but needs to not be so busy all the time. There also sounds like some timing issues in [burp], though nothing some more practice shouldn't solve. I'm a drummer, so I guess these things kinda stick out to me. Overall, I'd say it's pretty good stuff - I like the way the songs progress. I think your recording is way too compressed and/or limited - it sounds like it's a recording made off the radio. The guitar seems to be at a nice level when it's by itself, but is then completely sucked back deep into the mix when bass and drums come in. I also you think you could stand to have some more effects on the vocals, if only at selected times, and for the most part, I'd say the vocals are bit too prominent in the mix, though that could just be the excessive compression.

noresolution
10-26-2003, 11:07 PM
While it's a pretty good drum recording, IMO, he's overplaying quite a bit and ...well...it sounds like he's trying to stick the druming from 46 & 2 into your song (5th verse). It sounds like he's a good drummer, as far as skill goes, but needs to not be so busy all the time. There also sounds like some timing issues in [burp], though nothing some more practice shouldn't solve. I'm a drummer, so I guess these things kinda stick out to me. Overall, I'd say it's pretty good stuff - I like the way the songs progress. I think your recording is way too compressed and/or limited - it sounds like it's a recording made off the radio. The guitar seems to be at a nice level when it's by itself, but is then completely sucked back deep into the mix when bass and drums come in. I also you think you could stand to have some more effects on the vocals, if only at selected times, and for the most part, I'd say the vocals are bit too prominent in the mix, though that could just be the excessive compression.

thanks for the comments. i cant hear the 46&2 part you were talking about, what section of the song were you referring to? i agree that the recording is pretty fucked up we did the whole thing in a guys garage, but we got a good deal.