PDA

View Full Version : ambiguous or intended

eslupminoyler
10-07-2003, 09:18 PM
I was having the same type of conversation with a friend of mine. I came to the conclusion moreso the opinion that maynards epiphany's of christ on both tool and apc are fueled by animosity. If this were false how could he create such beautiful metaphors. Whether or not christ is the center of attention on these songs, Maynard still must inately have a stigmatized view of him. A metaphor which is implied bewteen christ and hitler or christ and martyrdom or christ and tim leary is a symmetrical pattern that has identifiable characteristics.

"You had alot to say.
You had alot of nothing to say.

Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross.
We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr.

To ascend you must die.
You must be crucified
For your sins and your lies. [sic]
Goodbye..."

Whomever this is about, christ is bellitled, since a metaphor can be reversed. i.e. bashing Hitler to relate to christ

Then again Maynard is quite knowledgable about the bible, and in this song Eulogy like Judith, he makes some surpristing contraditions that seemingly prove that god is not the center of attention.
Dynamics, chance, state of mind.

WideOpenEye
10-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's how I see it.

Christ is a state of consciousness that the people who put the bible together attached to Jesus cause he was the first one to prove to alot of people that this was attainnable.

The state of consciousness is something that is acheived after egodeath, that some people reach (for a moment) when doing LSD. This rips you apart from the mask that you put on in society.

So his using Christ and the TYPICAL story that every one knows is only a way to look at someone who is a martyr (wants to save everyone) RAPE THEM from their own experience. Hence killing the God inside themselves, FUCK YOUR GOD !

Maybe this helps...probably won't. Listen to the songs you mentionned with what I said in mind it will give it a good twist, even of I can't force to see it this way, so weak and powerless.

Piece !