PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous human combustion

El_chupacabras
10-07-2003, 04:39 PM
i have an interesting thought weve all probably heard of spontaneous human combustion havent we? well then what if the product of over thinkning and over analyzing is a seperation of the body and the mind like JMK says??? well maybe spontaneous human combustion is our mind escaping our body... my thought is that maybe our brain/mind holds our body at a completely stable body temperature of 98.6 degrees so what if when our mind leaves so does that moderator and then our body begins to overheat and we burst into flames which is spontaneous human combustion... just a though of mine :P

neochrist
10-07-2003, 05:05 PM
i think its caused by angry leprachauns

El_chupacabras
10-07-2003, 06:07 PM
i think its caused by angry leprachauns

HEHEHE Quite possibly!

AllforUnity
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Anywho...as l am back, like l said l would finish...

Lateralus...Fantastic song. l just love how Maynard goes into the development of life and the mind throughout this entire album. l mean, if you really think about alot of the songs on the album, most of them have to do with dealing with something, or developing..."Red and Yellow then came to me, reaching out to me..." Things like that...it seems to me that he's pretty much referring to how he didn't know much when he was a child, and then when he grew older, and his intelligence grew as well, he could see other things more clearly, because they came out to him.

l love this song, it is definately one of my favorites by TOOL. :)

Machiavelli70
10-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Lateralus...Fantastic song. l just love how Maynard goes into the development of life and the mind throughout this entire album. l mean, if you really think about alot of the songs on the album, most of them have to do with dealing with something, or developing..."Red and Yellow then came to me, reaching out to me..." Things like that...it seems to me that he's pretty much referring to how he didn't know much when he was a child, and then when he grew older, and his intelligence grew as well, he could see other things more clearly, because they came out to him.

Yes yes. Tool isn't really the best band out there musically -- whether in terms of technique, theory, et cetera. However, so many bands that play good music (though there aren't so many of them) don't have so much depth to them. That's what sets Tool apart. Time signatures, syllables, content all relating to the golden spiral. Show me another band who can do it, and then show me another band that does.

It's all about reaching your potential.

El_chupacabras
01-02-2004, 06:24 PM
thats a good point very few if any bands can come close to the power of tool's lyrics... matthew good band is one... in my opinion anyway... i think that lyrics are what make a GOOD song not a popular one because many of tool's songs can really delve into the minds of their listeners and help them to realize many things they have not before... i know my homework is tool and my grades for classes like LA and psychology have shown improvement( I GOT A 79 IN LA I always used to get 60's IM so happy) THANK YOU TOOL!!! however this music doesnt help for classes like math and what not :P if only :'( and ways those are some of my new thoughts and experiences

LabRat404
02-12-2004, 01:30 PM
...it seems to me that he's pretty much referring to how he didn't know much when he was a child, and then when he grew older, and his intelligence grew as well, he could see other things more clearly, because they came out to him.

I dont think he meant *literally* his infancy. his infancy was his state of mind that says "I must see to belive." "Red and Yellow then came to be reaching out to me", as I've mentioned before, may represent colors on the Tree of Life. I think this song is about his mental growth and his personality development. it's about him learning about meditation, spirituality, and the mind. I'm not really sure what Paganism is about, but a friend keeps telling me that this is what Paganism is.