PDA

View Full Version : The Lovers

Machiavelli70
10-07-2003, 03:49 PM
tangential: Makes more sense to have "let the lovers kiss" than "let the waters kiss". Just thought that'd be an interesting lyrical substitution.

CoRnErStOnE24
10-19-2003, 10:41 PM
The grudge is i kick ass song man.. The transitions from verse to verse, the guitar and bass riffs, the lyrics and the drums.. 99% of these so called bands out there couldnt dream of writing a song this complex lyricly and musically. THese new trendy "artists" make millions off of songs a freakin third grader could write! People need to start Listening to music instead of just hearing.

Machiavelli70
10-27-2003, 10:11 AM
. . . out of curiosity, what's that got to do with anything?

_La_te_ra_lus_
11-25-2003, 09:38 AM
The song, well atleast how I see it, is about coming together as a whole, and getting over your grudges...So, it's not really about two specific people, but things mending as a whole.

Machiavelli70
11-28-2003, 07:54 AM
it is about coming together, but when i said "the lovers" (sorry, shift key is sporadic, I'm on a mac) I was referring to the famous ones -- Romeo and Juliet, who because of the capulet/montague grudge had their lives taken. just an interesting though -- not an interperetation or criticism.

radmanics
11-28-2003, 11:16 AM
That's quite interesting.. but the line before.. "let the oceans kiss" links more thoroughly. Tool see water (and tears) as a way of healing and growing, though. Still, an interesting idea.

neochrist
11-28-2003, 05:23 PM
read the book of enoch and then you'll understand why it says, "let the waters kiss"

Machiavelli70
12-02-2003, 08:35 PM
I dunno if Tool sees tears as a way of healing. All that lachrymology stuff was bullshit. And I'll read Enoch, get I the chance.

But I think it's "Let the waters kiss and transmutate" rather than "Let the waters kiss, and transmutate"

radmanics
12-05-2003, 02:21 PM
That would work better with Schism, I think... the whole Romeo and Juliet thing

g-bay-be
12-07-2003, 08:36 PM
That would work better with Schism, I think... the whole Romeo and Juliet thing

Yes it would... even though Romeo and Juliet, imo, is the worst of shakespere. the whole Let thelovers kiss is great and beautiful and deep i love it man... I know toolhas inspired us to think on such a deeper level. The whole metaphor of the grude being an anchor is just awesome and nothing short. I love it tool has inspired me to great things including art liturature and many other things. absolutely amazing!!!!!!