PDA

View Full Version : my eulogy

Binah3
12-10-2002, 09:46 AM
When i put the song eulogy into personal terms i look at it totally different than what maynard and the rest of tool look at it is...this song is definitely about saying goodbye to something that is not cherished very much...when i look back into my childhood i realize i waved the old goodbye to religion without looking back...for the priests, preachers, and god himself, "He had a lot to say, He had a lot of nothing to say", this line fits perfect for all three of those types of people.

"No way to recall, what it is that you had said to me, Like i care at all."

I didnt care very much about what anyone was saying to me about religion at all. I got pushed through sunday school like almost every kid does while the higher man was trying comform my mind in the way that hey wanted it. All religion does is brainwash you and make you think in terms of something that most people dont even believe. Hence the Timothy Leary "Think for yourself, Question authority." You cant do that in a religion.

J1516
12-12-2002, 07:02 PM
ummmmm.... that was one of Jesus' and Buddha's biggest message. That's why Jesus was killed. Jesus said to seek truth, Siddhartha said to search your soul for YOUR nirvana. I hate that nobody looks into any other religions than Christianity and Paganism in the death metal NIN crap world. Because everyone seems to think Christianity=all religions and Paganism=rebel religion. It's like people look to paganism to be rebels since the bible says that pagans are bad. Really, pagans in the bible are different than real pagans because the words are in different context. Look at Dante's Inferno. The first circle was for the pagans, but there were jews there, not just pagans. A Pagan in the bible is someone who doesn't look for god. In reality I'm sure you all know what it is.
Why not look to any other religions like, oh lets start withJudiasm, ok, now Hindu, perhaps some Buddhist.
And it's not even Christianity that you people look at as a whole. You only look for Catholosism.
And let me say hating a religion based on what happened in the middle ages is the same logic the KKK uses for hating the Jews.
Furthermore, there's a cross on Lateralus, and Alex Grey has an amazing picture of Jesus and the buddha. I don't think they relly don't like religion. Tool has said before that they think religionis beautiful but dogmas are bad and extremly dangerous. I couldn't agree more. Church doesn't get me closer to god, so I don't go.
About this song: I find it to be about freeing yourself. The goodbye and the violent guitars at the end all symbolize destroying the views that limit your mind and coming into freedome.

Binah3
12-13-2002, 04:46 AM
First of all i wasnt talking about everyone else i was talking about what religion did to me and how it affected me...the key word is me...its not how it affected everyone else and it has nothing to do with just christianity...that just so happened to be my religion as i was growing up...i was only referring to my personal experiences with religion...and now that ive matured i have said my own eulogy to religion...i have my arguments against god...if it offends you that much that i dont believe in religion and im putting down religion then theres something wrong...you shouldnt be worrying about other peoples views and as far as the KKK goes they are the epitome of dirt...i dont appreciate being catergorized with them...finally, just because i dont have a religion and dont believe in any certain one doesnt make me any different from you or the next person that would put a post on here...i have many different views when it comes to religion...therse no hositlity in this post...but im just trying to make a point to those close minded people out there.

"Keep Going."