PDA

View Full Version : Summer TOOL tour

Agenda
03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
So it looks as though we may get a show in July after all. Some thing about the newsletter from February, hmmmmm. Taken from TOOLarmy.com.

"I'm sure many of you have heard of an upcoming summer tour. Although I can't announce any specific dates yet (as the bulk of the dates haven't been confirmed), once they are finalized and official, we'll be sure to announce them on the site. So... be on the lookout for these dates to be posted soon, and get ready for live Tool this summer. (Now I understand what that elemental was referring to in the February newsletter)"

BMB

Airport Mesa
03-24-2009, 07:51 PM
A tour without an album. Un-freakin-believable. I was just pondering this recently. How great were the days in the mid 90's where they could just decide to tour. My recent sickness is turning to elation and butterflies. All I can think of now of course is what do they choose to play. My socially accepted fetish=Tool. Thank satan for bending the rules and old patterns of predictability.

One Dark Flame
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't exactly know what the tour is for, but I really don't care at all, God willing I'll be there.

Yast3r
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Pretty cool news, I hope they hit up Toronto.

SpiralReflection
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
A tour without an album. Un-freakin-believable. I was just pondering this recently. How great were the days in the mid 90's where they could just decide to tour. My recent sickness is turning to elation and butterflies. All I can think of now of course is what do they choose to play. My socially accepted fetish=Tool. Thank satan for bending the rules and old patterns of predictability.

I guess we forget this is the first time in a long time MJK hasn't had A Perfect Circle touring/writing commitments.

Some reasons for a non-album tour:

1. The money's good

2. Play some older songs that get left out when focusing on the latest albums' material

3. The album tours have a very coordinated, scripted feel due to the visuals. This tour might be more stripped down with the opportunity to switch things up night to night.

4. Next album tour will consist of playing album start to finish, very few catalog songs get played

Who knows why they're doing it and what we'll get, but those are some of my guesses

Ganjalf
03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL TOUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*BEGINS COUNTING MONEY*

One Dark Flame
03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd be surprised if the setlist get's changed too much. I do expect Wings/10k will be taken off, and replaced.

slamminsalmon
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Heil satan.

imatoolhed
03-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Hmmmmm

Choke
03-25-2009, 05:04 AM
WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ganjalf
03-25-2009, 05:09 AM
you guys are forgetting the fact that tool said they liked to play back in the day songs before putting on the album to work out the kinks so maybe we'll hear a few (1 or 2) new songs as they're working them out

Inner_Eulogy
03-25-2009, 06:04 AM
you guys are forgetting the fact that tool said they liked to play back in the day songs before putting on the album to work out the kinks so maybe we'll hear a few (1 or 2) new songs as they're working them out

That would be awesome

imatoolhed
03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
#4 would be sweeeeet

not really imo, unless every song was kick ass. which i doubt it would considering how 10kd turned out...i would not like to hear that whole album as the only thing played in concert

That would be awesome

yes it would

...also about this whole thing. is anyone thinking that april 1st is just around the corner? and they didn't really do nothing good last year for it

Kody27
03-25-2009, 07:35 AM
"Nothing is happening in july, Blairs newsletters are useless, there are no 'clues' "

Fail.

theamazingtool
03-25-2009, 08:02 AM
...also about this whole thing. is anyone thinking that april 1st is just around the corner? and they didn't really do nothing good last year for it

very true.

One Dark Flame
03-25-2009, 08:44 AM

I also, remember an interview where Danny stated he was "upset" that they couldn't play new stuff before it was released on a cd anymore. Due to the fact that it would wind up on youtube and whatnot.

Hope I am worng and we get a few new tunes. That would be amazing to hear!

Inner_Eulogy
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM

That would be a very cruel joke if they've been leading us up to this just as an April Fool's trick

phylleb
03-25-2009, 11:13 AM
i heard that the locations of the tour dates will be in the back yard of the most sarcastica and annoying users on this web page. good luck fuck heads

phylleb
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
april fool's bitches

Vein
03-25-2009, 11:17 AM
I CAME

SpiralReflection
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM

In this day of file sharing, I don't expect any full songs with vocals this early. Maybe they jam out some new ideas, that would work.

Re: April Fools, I think the opening act will be our April Fools. There could be a line or two in the announcement making an obvious reference to some ridiculous opening act (Miley Cyrus, Michael Bolton, Toby Keith, Rick Astley, religious revival). I think the tour announcement will have the April Fools in it, but the tour itself is real

Vein
03-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Hopefully they play Teleincision.

Or maybe they'll properly cover Stranglehold this time.

akarsha_
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope it's an april fools joke. There's no way it will travel to Australia and if I don't get to go then none of you should. God knows they have toured America wayyyy too many times for it to be even close to fair.

Lateralareallofus
03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
i dont think tool would pull this as an april fools joke. That would be crossing the line. I am stoked for this summer now though. My first tool concert hopefully.

O, and Vein, great avitar. "Who else seen the leprechaun? say yeahhh!"

imatoolhed
03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
That would be a very cruel joke if they've been leading us up to this just as an April Fool's trick

true, but its kinda close to the 10kd release parties that each band member was suppose to be the host of the april before the album came out...how many people tuned out for those

jakesstuff_69
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I might go if I aquire free tickets. but only if they are free

Ravenpig
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
This would indeed be a harsh April Fool's joke. I don't think it's their style though.

I will go when I acquire tickets. They don't have to be free. I'd prefer it that way, though.

lotus.
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
This summer?

Kody27
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
you are fucking stupid if you think this is or is leading up to an elaborate april fools joke.
tool does april fools jokes on april fools, or at least in april shortly after because they take forever posting anything.

Hodge
03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
i could go for a tool show this summer

SpiralReflection
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
you are fucking stupid if you think this is or is leading up to an elaborate april fools joke.
tool does april fools jokes on april fools, or at least in april shortly after because they take forever posting anything.

Plus they let the media come to them by posting something on the website and casuing a stir on the interwebs, I think the Chicago press and the Lolla leak confirm this isn't April Fools

03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Lollapalooza is more or less confirmed.

BlairLicksTaint
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm just hoping they come to Red Rocks this summer, instead of some lame indoor arena like Pepsi center or something.

All I know is that unlike many people on this site, I still actually like the band and I'm super stoked. I am very curious as to why they are doing this, and especially what the visuals will be like. The whole 10kD tour was so lackluster compared to the Lateralus tour that it would just be better if they had no screens, Maynard stood in front like a normal singer, and they just rocked out. If they suck again, I'll throw a rock at them like Nickelback.

If they are planning to go straight into the studio after this tour, it might make for an interesting album since the last two were preceeded with a year+ break. something new in the formula.

inSin
03-25-2009, 06:59 PM

buzzkill.

i was really fucking excited.. but that brought me back down to earth..

One Dark Flame
03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I hope it's an april fools joke. There's no way it will travel to Australia and if I don't get to go then none of you should. God knows they have toured America wayyyy too many times for it to be even close to fair.

I wonder why..do you think it has anything to do with where they're based out of?

One Dark Flame
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
true, but its kinda close to the 10kd release parties that each band member was suppose to be the host of the april before the album came out...how many people tuned out for those

If I remember correctly wasn't that a toolshed.down joke? I didn't think the official website had an april fool's joke that year.
I do however, remember that ign.com actually bought in to that joke.

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2009, 05:52 AM

Oohh yeahhh, I forgot all about that.

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Kody27

You're a fucking fool period. And a dumbass for even thinking I was being serious. If you're gonna continue to be a whiny little cunt you may as well douche that pussy mouth on your face first

Majesty12
03-26-2009, 06:22 AM
I think they toured around the release of the Vicarious DVD. Maybe this is to tour for video, The Pot that Adam is working on.

Kody27
03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Who wants some back stage passes? The bad news is you'll have to suck Maynard's cock and let me video tape me putting a 2ft long purple dildo up your asshole and then I'll upload it onto the internet for pre-pubescent girls across the globe to laugh as your excrements flow out onto your hairy little ballsack.

........where do I sign

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Remove user from ignore listKody27
This message is hidden because Kody27 is on your ignore list.

dancingflame
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
hmmm...I wonder if they would come over to europre for some festivals...

Hodge
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
toronto show ftw

Kody27
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM

You're a fucking fool period. And a dumbass for even thinking I was being serious. If you're gonna continue to be a whiny little cunt you may as well douche that pussy mouth on your face first

what's your problem, i wasn't even talking to you. Get a grip before you blow a vessel old man.

theamazingtool
03-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Get a grip before you blow a vessel old man.

lol

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Is he talking to me? lol, I'm not even old.

slamminsalmon
03-26-2009, 10:33 AM
really? i always pictured you with a walker, with tennis balls on the feet.

theamazingtool
03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
and depends!

Inner_Eulogy
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
What are you guys like 15 or somethin?

lol

lotus.
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL uhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaah

LOLLAPALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZA MOTHERFUCKERS!

Janes and Tool, this is a dream come true.

:)

gonzo
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
yes, what he said ^ this summer is shaping up nicely

jane's and tool in TO FTW :)

Rolo
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
The ulitimate april TOOL's joke would be them releasing an album out of the blue on april 1st. I'd be fooled...

Rolo
03-26-2009, 01:50 PM
I dare them!

But it's not gonna happen.

Kody27
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
because as we all know, past behavior = future behavior, period, always, million dollars.

I pray this is an april fool's joke. It would be the funniest one in years.

You're right, it's an elaborate summer wide april fools joke over a week before april fools.

gonzo
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
That would be pretty fucking sweet

Teleincision finally due on April 1st?

Teleincision is an interesting concept, as tele predicates how the incision may well be taken.

And April 1st is a pretty long con? A clever ruse.

ufopancakes
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Goddamnit I hope its not an April Fools joke... although it wouldn't be suprising.... Their April Fool's Jokes fall around April 1st... one year I believe was March 31st... So they could announce dates on the 28th and say "Ha! Gotcha!" on the 7th! Who the fuck really knows with these clowns.

They are way overdue for an Indy date.

Kody27
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I never said I thought it was one. I said I pray that it is one.

Learn to read, imo.

You don't have to say something to imply it, imo.

Then what the fuck was the whole past behavior not equaling future behavior shit about? No they haven't done tricks in the past like this on this date, but yes they could in the future, no shit sherlock. But you're an idiot if you think that this could even possibly be an april fools joke so just zip it already.

theamazingtool
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
The ulitimate april TOOL's joke would be them releasing an album out of the blue on april 1st. I'd be fooled...

i would shit a brick.

Kody27
03-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Lol. You really need to get a clue.

i've got all the clues and scooby snacks i need bromo, thanks. i think i solved the mystery, old man riveks whole life is an april fools joke, and he would of got away with it too if it wasn't for his inadequate intuition and pure ignorance. JUST KIDDING MAN CHILL OUT BRO DUDE LOL WTF IMO

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
You don't have to say something to imply it, imo.

Then what the fuck was the whole past behavior not equaling future behavior shit about? No they haven't done tricks in the past like this on this date, but yes they could in the future, no shit sherlock. But you're an idiot if you think that this could even possibly be an april fools joke so just zip it already.

Lol. You really need to get a clue.

Dude, and you thought I was too serious..lol

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Inner, I really don't understand how you can fail at understanding situations this consistently. I mean come on, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Please, stop failing.

Better than failing at life like you, imo.

Yast3r
03-27-2009, 11:11 AM
lol, like you know anything about my life

besides, I don't have a failed marriage on my track record, and my girlfriend didn't leave me recently

Why don't you guys stop competing over who's dad is cooler or who has the larger dick?

And the now necessary, imo.

Kody27
03-27-2009, 11:16 AM

besides, I don't have a failed marriage on my track record, and my girlfriend didn't leave me recently

someone struck a neeeeeeeeerve.

seriously, stop being so serious before i seriously go home you guys.

Kody27
03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
if by "struck a nerve" you mean "set himself up for an easy pwn", then yes.

Inner gets easily owned like he eats diapers, and thats a lot.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM

You might actually be onto something if you even had your fucking facts straight.

A) I've never been married

B) So fucking what if I recently broke up with someone. It didn't work out, it happens to everybody, even you...big fucking deal.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
yeah, cause I totally was the one who started personal attacks

Actually, you WERE the one that started all this shit by creating a thread under my name just to run your fucking mouth at me and you've been doing it ever since.

Rolo
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
ah, so your son is a bastard child

Do you really have to be married to have a child?

gonzo
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I say we take all this angst out on employee's of Goldman Sachs, a company whose average employee still made more than $350,000 last year, even when the economy was going down the drain.

Rich bankers bailing out rich bankers. Funding their rescue w/ tax dollars. Those arrogant fucking moles. Fat, short, balding lil dipshits who all thought they were rock stars.

Fuck them. Fuck them all to hell.

Cause now I want FREE TOOL TICKETS!!!

Kody27
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the Dr. Phil show where today's topic is bastardism. Are you a little bastard child who is wanting to break free but can't because you're constantly pwned in the tool forums? Well todays show is for you and all the other innocent bastard childs out there. bastards.........bass turd.

Kody27
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Yah rly. Congrats, that doesn't prove or near prove shit. what am I supposed to be reading here?

Tool played bonaroo when the other bands were:
Widespread Panic
The White Stripes
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
Wilco
The Flaming Lips
The String Cheese Incident
Franz Ferdinand
Ornette Coleman
Bob Weir and Ratdog
Damien Rice
Ween
Gov't Mule
Ziggy Marley
The Decemberists

none of those bands are close to being like tool, no band is really close to being like tool so what do you expect to happen at these kind of festivals?

I'll admit I'm wrong if april fools comes and goes and it changes, but until then I'm still convinced none of this is an april fools joke fucktard.

From fourtheye:

"Thanks to the many Fourtheye readers who submitted this news! I guess this Tool tour ain’t looking so foolish after all…"

Kody27
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
This is true, we'll just have to wait and see...and fuck the fray, more like the GAY daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Ganjalf
03-31-2009, 06:45 AM
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2703652&postcount=96
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2703744&postcount=102

O rly?

Debunked. For serious.

Kody27
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Debunked. For serious.

The debunking has been debunked, for realdo.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Tool-tickets/artist/720703

Master_Of_Nothing
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Lay off guys, go chill in different corners. Inner, blow steam off on noobs etc.
Rivek, dont kick guys when they're down. Not only is it a bad character trait, karma can be bitch.

Kody27
04-01-2009, 05:14 PM
karma applies to everything you do and say, online or not. Even if you don't take the things you say seriously, karma does because your words affect other people nonetheless.

Kody27
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
You'd better watch your back, the TDN fairy will unsheath upon you a generous portion of giblet gravy with karma chunks 9 days old from grandmas bedpan until you puke digital condoms attached to the umbilical cords of christ.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I dearly hope someone takes a photo of that event. priceless imo

Kody27
04-02-2009, 07:39 AM
it cannot be captured by mortal ways, you must enter the chamber of infinite potatoes, and smash under thy toes, buttery morsels oozing from the testicles of jehovah, while invoking the wounded healer of narnia to whisper unto you the forbidden recipe for eternal starchiness and fiber soaked holiness.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I think i know of a place like that.....sounds like my local supermarket store..

Kody27
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Is your local supermarket in lucy's sky? WITH DIAMONDS?! Mandelbrotting crucifilical fetuses around a triple helix of sub-galactic dinosaur pants?

Master_Of_Nothing
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
i dunno bout the fetuses, but i can safely tick every other box. Any other requirements?

Kody27
04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
i dunno bout the fetuses, but i can safely tick every other box. Any other requirements?

No, you are ready. You will now be known as, Professor Longbottom.

Master_Of_Nothing
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
YEAH!!! oh shit, Trevor! TREVOR!
*frog hops away*
heh
*pulls magnum out and wastes the frog*
Fucking frogs

Airport Mesa
04-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Got tickets to Denver and New Jersey. F-ing Crazy.

Airport Mesa
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
TOOL SUMMER TOUR - TWO CONFIRMED DATES

These two shows have been confirmed, with more to follow. I've been told that there will be ToolArmy pre-sales, but haven't received the details yet. As soon as more dates are confirmed, they will be posted, along with the pre-sale information.
Jul 18 2009 - Mile High Music Festival - Commerce City, CO, USA

Aug 01 2009 - Liberty State Park - Jersey City, NJ

Tickets on sale: April 6

BMB

What the hell is Blair talking about, presale...On Sale April 6. I got my tickets 3 days ago? I'd be surprised if the day off tix for Tool were still available.

Ganjalf
04-07-2009, 06:39 AM
technically if theres presales theres going to be non festival dates. In theory that is.

Airport Mesa
04-13-2009, 06:47 PM
TOOL SUMMER TOUR - TWO CONFIRMED DATES

These two shows have been confirmed, with more to follow. I've been told that there will be ToolArmy pre-sales, but haven't received the details yet. As soon as more dates are confirmed, they will be posted, along with the pre-sale information.
Jul 18 2009 - Mile High Music Festival - Commerce City, CO, USA

Aug 01 2009 - Liberty State Park - Jersey City, NJ

Tickets on sale: April 6

BMB

What the hell is Blair talking about, presale...On Sale April 6. I got my tickets 3 days ago? I'd be surprised if the day off tix for Tool were still available.
Blair's full of shit, unless there's something big going on @ Toolarmy that no one's talking about which is totally possible. April 6?

MJudge
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
LAS VEGAS AND SAN DIEGO ON-SALE DATE

Just confirmed are shows in Las Vegas and San Diego. The on-sale date for both shows is this Saturday, JUNE 12th.

Thursday, July 15 - San Diego @ Viejas Arena

Friday, July 16 - Las Vegas @ Planet Hollywood Theater.

mekk
06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
anyone know if they will have an opening band? if so, who?

Repugnant Creature
06-16-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll tell you in a few days... wish it was melvins tho.

nusense
06-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I'll tell you in a few days... wish it was melvins tho.

I'll tell you now: it's Wovenhand all the up through Denver.

hatelull
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll tell you now: it's Wovenhand all the up through Denver.

Link for proof?

AstroTravellin
06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
This is all that I've been able to find. I don't believe it....but we'll see. It says the answer was confirmed by someone at toolband.com....

http://www.chacha.com/question/who-is-the-opening-band-for-tools-summer-2010-tour

SKEvil
06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Well, WOVENHAND is definitely playing the 19th through the 28th.

See their blog post: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=90411388&blogId=535879512

spivey76
06-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Any word on any east coast dates?

And does anyone know why the boards on toolarmy aren't working yet? Lazy webmaster? Or is it some weird dissectional.com path I haven't found yet?

krizzle87
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
(First post, please don't flame)

I'm planning on attending the San Francisco show at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium on 7/12. It starts at 8pm, and I was wondering, what's a good time to arrive if I want to be at the front? Any advice?

Thanks,
K

nusense
06-28-2010, 04:44 PM
(First post, please don't flame)

I'm planning on attending the San Francisco show at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium on 7/12. It starts at 8pm, and I was wondering, what's a good time to arrive if I want to be at the front? Any advice?

Thanks,
K

Early.

Ha ha. Seriously though, what do you mean by "front?" Like against the barrier? I'd say before Noon if you want to be absolutely sure? Why not ease back and get there a little later and just shoot for really awesome Loge/seats? Better view and all that.

markuspoop
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I'd say camp out the night before to make sure you're literally the 1st person in. Than when they scan your ticket and let you in pull a Usane Bolt and book it to the front of the barrier.

"You better run for it, run for it, run."

(anyone know, without using the interweb, what song those lyrics are from?)

krizzle87
06-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I thought as much. Problem is, I've got work on that Monday... the earliest I could probably be there is at like 5PM...

"You better run for it, run for it, run."

Ummm... Ke$ha?