PDA

View Full Version : abortion?

jjf46n2
12-10-2002, 07:21 AM
The thing that has always amazed me about Ænema is how it can have so many meanings. I've seen plnety of opinions on the song being a tribute to Bill Hicks and how it can interpreted to mean a cleansing of society as well. One thing that has always interested me as well as those though is the deliberate inclusions of images of a fetus in the music video. Seeming to cast a meaning to the song song that it can be about abortion as well. "Mom please flush it all away" I don't want to start that old argument about whether it is right or wrong on this board, but I like to examine all of Tool's lyrics from multiple perspectives, and Ænema has always been on of my favorites because it holds so many layers. When you start to think of it that way you start to tihnk about the way the song offhandedly dismisses large groups of people as if they didn't matter. "I can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change, my friend." Well, it's by no means a definitve view of the song, but it's another way to look at it, especially considering the video. And I though I'd bring it up since no one else seemed to have mentioned it and I wondered if I was alone in this thought.