PDA

View Full Version : In response to Miss Judith's new journey; may she find her way ..................

CodyC
12-20-2008, 11:05 PM
A seed is created........equipped with the instinctual, if not cosmic foreknowledge of events to come. It begins it's growth in two opposite directions; Skywards into the sun and earthwards into the soil.
In the sun, it will breath in carbon dioxide, and through transpiration use it, change it and return it to the atmosphere; no longer a gas poisonous to the animal kingdom, but instead one that is clean and life sustaining. Through photosynthesis, it will absorb sunlight and turn it into a unique form of energy that it can use. Above ground, it will cool the temperature with shade, provide food and nutrition for other life forms and help clean the world in which it lives.
Below ground, it's roots will extend deep into the earth, accessing the nutrient-rich water table. They will extend outward, providing a strong, efficient support system in preparation for a lifetime of growth in size and weight. The roots aid in preventing over-erosion of the soil, giving the landscape stability and endurance.
When the tree is established in maturity, it begins to form seeds. Now, these seeds cannot simply fall to the earth below. There isn't sufficient light due to the shade of the parent tree, and there isn't enough room, nutrients or water for both old and new growth.
Enter the genius of our Mother Earth.........
Some seeds come in the form of cotton, as light as air, able to hitch a ride for miles on the slightest breeze. Others are like single blade 'helicopters,' twirling their way across vast exspanses in no wind at all. Pine trees, geared for life in the thickest of forests, hold onto their seeds until the parent's present journey has ended, and it has returned to the ground. Only then will it finally release the seeds to embark on their own new path.
My favorite, however, is the apple tree. It's seeds cannot soar, fly or perform any other kind of airborn meneuver. It is merely a small, black pebble. Instead, it's parent will build a juicy, sugary pith around it; something sure to please the taste buds of any living creature. But how will they know it to be tasty? Maybe a bright, beautiful red package to wrap it all in. And when this apple is it's brightest and tastiest, it's stem will get weak, and it will plummet down through the lower branches to the shady earth beneath.
Not to worry though, for along comes a deer, wasting no time devouring this bright and delicious treat it has found. She then continues on her stroll, let's say, to a sunny meadow by the river. As she walks, her body digests the apple, getting needed sustanance and refreshment, allowing only the seed to survive. She walks to the edge of the forest and beyond, finally arriving hours later at her destination. Right before a nice afternoon nap, she takes a huge, gnarly dump in the grass.
Now this seed lies unscathed, in a field that could use a few more trees, a short distance from the river, in it's very own pile of the best fertilizer on the planet. Hell, even the shit forms a crust, offering the seed added protection while it germinates. You can't write this stuff.....
And so then continues the cycle of life and endless energy.
I am not a christian, I put no creed into anyone else's idea of religion, I don't pray and if there is a god, I am usually pissed off at his ass. I do, however, recognize the harmonious and symbiotic flow of life on this earth. I have realized that energy never ceases to exsist, but rather only transforms into something else. Not something better or worse. Just different.
Today, in my front yard, I noticed a kid a block away bouncing a basketball. I could see the ball leave his hands, hit the ground, return to his grasp, and remain there a step or two before I heard the sound of the bounce. Of course, the light particles reflecting this image traveled much faster than the sound of it all, causing the delay.
Whenever we look up at the night sky, we are literally looking into the past. Think of a star that is 10 million lightyears away. If a lightyear is the distance covered by light traveling in a straight line for an entire year, then much of the twinkling we see in our night sky comes from stars long since expired. Our star could have gone supernova 5 million years ago, yet we will continue to see it's light for another 5 million years! Light that is still visible after 315,360,000,000,000 miles away. THREE HUNDRED TRILLION MILES and still perceptible!.
Proof to me that energy never ends; that everything is on it's way to somewhere else, and here and now is just another stop on the way, like yesterday was and tomorrow will be......

theamazingtool
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
your av makes me laugh

Yast3r
12-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I didn't read your rant but I'm sure it sucked.

Strewth
12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Right before a nice afternoon nap, she takes a huge, gnarly dump in the grass.

I totally TLDRd that, but this bit caught my eye. Lol.

akarsha_
12-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I thought it was awesome. And I'll be sure to share it with others. Thanks =)

Inner_Eulogy
12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I thought it was a pretty damn good thought. One of those things that you kind of just sit there and randomly ponder when you try to assimilate life in general.

akarsha_
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
It also reminded me of The Lion King

Strewth
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Finally read it, bit by bit...

Yea circle of life.

Inner_Eulogy
12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
One of those, "I'm taking a shit so I guess I'll ponder life for a few minutes" kind of things.

Strewth
12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Perhaps a huge, gnarly dump in the grass?

Inner_Eulogy
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Precisely....

LMAO...who the fuck says that anyways? "A big gnarly dump"...haha

Strewth
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I dunno but I lol'ed at it.

Hippies maybe.

Hodge
12-22-2008, 07:45 PM
i enjoyed this a lot

Inner_Eulogy
12-23-2008, 06:46 AM
i enjoyed this a lot

We're thoroughly elated

Omega
12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
We're thoroughly elated

I'm thoroughly aroused.

also, TL;DR

CodyC
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe the reason a baby cries in agony when it is born is because it has just experienced it's own death from a previous existence. We naturally assume that the fragile, eggshell mind of infancy (Morrison) is due to it's lack of any input, and from the moment of it's birth on, it learns, filling empty space with the knowledge, wisdom and experience we offer it in our world. What if it isn't "blank" upon birth, but full to the brim with the memory of a completely different reality, and upon it's birth into ours, REPLACES the old with the new, seemingly newborn in every way to us, but in it's own mind feeling like a tribesman from first century earth suddenly cast into today's technological "masterpiece," left with only the ability to scream in horrendous horror, for it senses the cozened utopiate idealisms of this mess of ours are about to be forced upon it, and there is nothing it can do to stop it...
This seems to fit in the paradigm of our reality more than the idea of Heaven, Hell or absolute nothingness, since energy persists among us, as a tangible whisp of what it was, what it is, and what it shall be. We have just been looking in the wrong places.

Or not...

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe the reason a baby cries in agony when it is born is because it has just experienced it's own death from a previous existence. We naturally assume that the fragile, eggshell mind of infancy (Morrison) is due to it's lack of any input, and from the moment of it's birth on, it learns, filling empty space with the knowledge, wisdom and experience we offer it in our world. What if it isn't "blank" upon birth, but full to the brim with the memory of a completely different reality, and upon it's birth into ours, REPLACES the old with the new, seemingly newborn in every way to us, but in it's own mind feeling like a tribesman from first century earth suddenly cast into today's technological "masterpiece," left with only the ability to scream in horrendous horror, for it senses the cozened utopiate idealisms of this mess of ours are about to be forced upon it, and there is nothing it can do to stop it...
This seems to fit in the paradigm of our reality more than the idea of Heaven, Hell or absolute nothingness, since energy persists among us, as a tangible whisp of what it was, what it is, and what it shall be. We have just been looking in the wrong places.

Or not...

I think it's merely crying because it has been deprived from its very being--its house and lifestyle. It is forced to breathe foreign air and is exposed to the chill of the moist air. It no longer hears the heartbeat and fluids rush through its mother.

Buuuut I will say I like the theory.

CodyC
01-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I think it's merely crying because it has been deprived from its very being--its house and lifestyle. It is forced to breathe foreign air and is exposed to the chill of the moist air. It no longer hears the heartbeat and fluids rush through its mother.

Buuuut I will say I like the theory.

I for one, still cry...

CodyC
01-05-2009, 08:06 PM
See my response in creativity, poetry and prose, "age, please?"

If you wanna read more of my bullshit, that is.

Yast3r
01-06-2009, 05:19 AM
See my response in creativity, poetry and prose, "age, please?"

If you wanna read more of my bullshit, that is.

I'll check it out now.

Strewth
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM
As far as I can tell, my most recent past life ended in 1985 or 1986, during June or July. I was born in May '87. I'm pretty sure the reason I was crying was cos I just got forced out of a birth canal, which science has told us isn't a painless experience for mother or child. Having died at least a year before my conception, I doubt that my previous death had anything to do with why I was crying as a newborn. Taking into account the circumstances of my previous death, which I remember in disgusting detail, a fresh start actually would have been a relief I can imagine. But after getting shot in the face by a friend at the behest of the girlfriend I had abused terribly, I think I'm lucky to have had an even remotely favorable incarnation this time around. My perceptions clash with yours. So, that's life.

But you're thinking and questioning anyway; good for you. Yet I still find some of your stuff nearly unreadable...

CodyC
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
As far as I can tell, my most recent past life ended in 1985 or 1986, during June or July. I was born in May '87. I'm pretty sure the reason I was crying was cos I just got forced out of a birth canal, which science has told us isn't a painless experience for mother or child. Having died at least a year before my conception, I doubt that my previous death had anything to do with why I was crying as a newborn. Taking into account the circumstances of my previous death, which I remember in disgusting detail, a fresh start actually would have been a relief I can imagine. But after getting shot in the face by a friend at the behest of the girlfriend I had abused terribly, I think I'm lucky to have had an even remotely favorable incarnation this time around. My perceptions clash with yours. So, that's life.

But you're thinking and questioning anyway; good for you. Yet I still find some of your stuff nearly unreadable...

Unreadable how? Please, do tell...
As for the whole past life thing; that isn't exactly what was in my mind. I was thinking more of a transition from an entirely different reality, one which anyone alive in ours today couldn't even begin to imagine or understand....Perhaps something akin to a fish becoming human; cast suddenly and violently from the fishbowl to the living room, finally seeing that it is a humans arm, outstretched, dropping the food in the water. Human? Water? Living room? So drastic in it's physical form and far beyond anything conceivable in the fishbowl reality. One human life to another doesn't come close to the obtrusiveness of the change in reality that was thinking. But.....I am glad you are happier now..........Guns don't kill people, friends from a previous life do.

Strewth
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Okay, I have to have a brief chuckle at "Guns don't kill people, friends from a previous life do."

halfway a win, dude. Halfway a win.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
That was good reading, everyone.
I was nodding along, and then laughing out loud.

I latched onto the idea of 'Yesterday is Tomorrow.'
Or, continual energy not on a time line as we understand it.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Unreadable how? Please, do tell...
As for the whole past life thing; that isn't exactly what was in my mind. I was thinking more of a transition from an entirely different reality, one which anyone alive in ours today couldn't even begin to imagine or understand....Perhaps something akin to a fish becoming human; cast suddenly and violently from the fishbowl to the living room, finally seeing that it is a humans arm, outstretched, dropping the food in the water. Human? Water? Living room? So drastic in it's physical form and far beyond anything conceivable in the fishbowl reality. One human life to another doesn't come close to the obtrusiveness of the change in reality that was thinking. But.....I am glad you are happier now..........Guns don't kill people, friends from a previous life do.

Do you live anywhere near Woody Creek?

TWENTY-THREE
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
The idea of sound/light is very interesting to me. . .I will explore it further. That's a great observation, something so obvious yet invisible to those in habitual nonchalant.