PDA

View Full Version : "La Te Ra Lus" is French

eyebrowsmcgee
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm no expert in French, but I tried La Te Ra Lus at Babelfish. It traslated it as "you ruffle read." I have no idea what that means or if it just a coincidence.

Macrame
10-02-2003, 03:10 AM
Well, this makes an excellent topic for conversation, but I think it's coincidence.

Because that no sense make

learist
10-04-2003, 12:40 PM
You have to take in account the difference in grammer between French and English. I don't know much French at all, but I did take a little Spanish. A good exapmle I can find in Spanish is that you put adjectives after nouns. For instance: "casa" means house, and "blanco" means white. So, to say white house in spanish it would be casa blanca. If you translate that directly to English it would read,"house white."

eslupminoyler
10-10-2003, 11:28 AM
la te ra lus
you ruffle read
dear elffur uoy
dear elf if you are, you owe, why?

This is the significant climax to Lateralus...

(sighing...)

Sandoz
10-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Lateralus is Latin, not French. It doesn't mean anything, except "lateral" which means the same in French as it does in English.

eslupminoyler
10-10-2003, 05:45 PM
no it isn't french, even a beginner to that beautiful language could tell you that.

mstajduh, im from west virginia, Martinsburg to be exact, I used to live in hurricane which is between charleston and huntington. Going to WVU, that's cool.

AllforUnity
10-11-2003, 01:44 AM
l'm pretty sure it's just referring to lateral, the latin term...then again there is that leg muscle...but l don't think that has anything to do with it. Any thoughts?

clown137
11-01-2003, 10:51 PM
on dictionary.com the meaning if lateralus is change of an orginization. From what i got out of lateralus it was based on the quabala and evolution. with that being said i think it means change for the better. almost like aenima

beastenick
03-21-2004, 01:32 AM
la te ra lus
you ruffle read
dear elffur uoy
dear elf if you are, you owe, why?

This is the significant climax to Lateralus...

(sighing...)

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

neochrist
03-21-2004, 11:59 PM
"overthinking, overanalyzing seperates the body from the mind"

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-25-2004, 07:01 PM
no it isn't french, even a beginner to that beautiful language could tell you that.

mstajduh, im from west virginia, Martinsburg to be exact, I used to live in hurricane which is between charleston and huntington. Going to WVU, that's cool.

I'm fluent in French... and it sounds so much like you have snot in the back of your throat on some letters...

It's nice and sing-song though...

christ oxide
03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm no expert in French, but I tried La Te Ra Lus at Babelfish. It traslated it as "you ruffle read." I have no idea what that means or if it just a coincidence.

I can see why you only made 1 post ever you retard. Lateralis is as someone else put it, latin. It comes from the word Lateral, which means side. Such as the quadricep muscle vastus lateralis. Take your English to French dictionary, put some A1 sauce on it, and shove it (Laterally) up into your rectal cavity.

ReverendMaynard
04-03-2004, 06:37 AM
*throb* Ahh, my head.
One more asshole. That's all I need and my collection of skulls will be complete.
Shit, there's one!
*throb*