PDA

View Full Version : Hey mod, hey admin, something-something DJ. Here we go!

Edman
10-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Mods/Admins,

I just wanted to congradulate you with the way you've run things here. I don't know if many people do that, but with the limited forces you have for such a crowded forum, you've managed to keep everything in line.
Good idea on keeping this forum alive while Tool is elsewhere for the moment with contests like TTU questions and such, but here's an idea for other contests:

-Have people make up their own mind expanding TTU questions. There would truly be some good brain exercising there.

-You must have noticed by now that debating is a popular past time at TDN, so why not have some kind of debate tournament with a topic of the mod/admin's choice. Have people sign up for this in a special sticky. Have a few judges sign up, too. Then, create a tournament with a different topic for every round with a common underlying theme. Allow people to make, say, 3 arguments and rebuttles each. Whoever gets the most victory arguments (the stronger arguments will be discussed by the panel of judges) moves on to the next round until the remaining two reach the end and face each other. The winner gets a prize naturally, as what would happen with any of these suggestions.

-Have a poetry contest. Do it in the same fashion you had your visual arts contest. I would be a great panelist for that contest, although I think I would rather enter it.

-Perhaps have an avatar contest? let people send in what they believe is a great avatar and have it choosen by the TDN gods.

Just a few ideas.

Pro_Art
10-01-2003, 11:42 PM
You must have noticed by now that debating is a popular past time at TDN, so why not have some kind of debate tournament with a topic of the mod/admin's choice. Have people sign up for this in a special sticky. Have a few judges sign up, too. Then, create a tournament with a different topic for every round with a common underlying theme. Allow people to make, say, 3 arguments and rebuttles each. Whoever gets the most victory arguments (the stronger arguments will be discussed by the panel of judges) moves on to the next round until the remaining two reach the end and face each other. The winner gets a prize naturally, as what would happen with any of these suggestions.
I like your idea, but we should wait before we do another
contest. What should the timeframe be for each debate,
and how should the topics be chosen? Other than that, I
think you've pretty much covered everything.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Edman
10-02-2003, 11:05 AM
You could somehow workout a time schedule for each combatant and arrange a certain time for the round to begin.

And, yes, there should be a little buffer zone right after TTU. I think the poetry idea is wicked, though.

deviatedwolf625
10-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey, I know this was mentioned in the Socialize forums, but the 1st annual TDN Opinion Awards is a good idea ... should go under the special title, i.e. "1st annual TDN Award's most belligerent poster" ...

Don't really want to slaughter the idea, but it's a thought ...

deviatedwolf625
10-04-2003, 08:36 AM
OH! Also I agree with Edman completely, I like the way the mods run this place, even Brightwizzle! Please, keep it up!

Edman
10-04-2003, 09:47 AM
There's only so much ass to kiss.