PDA

View Full Version : further explanation

fork
10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
ok, sorry, but i haven't checked these forums in a long time. first of all, to answer the question about the pixel hunting, yes its from toolband.com and if you haven't got the time for it, i left the link to the most interesting (IMO) secret in my last post. to answer the question, why would the song jimmy be directly related to monty python? well at least two possilbe reasons... first its kinda weird but funny.... if you see Monty Python and the Holy Grail, there are two scenes featuring a character named "Brother Maynard the scholar" played by Eric Idle. Also, I recently saw the DVD release and in the documentary bit they discussed how the movie was actually produced by members of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. My whole point is that even though it is very subtle sometimes, Monty Python is a very philosophical and intelligent sort of comedy if you have time to completely understand what they were getting at. Tool is known for their eccentric humour and its not so outlandish of them to have fun....even while describing a personal trauma. Second possible reason, if you are familiar with psychology, you should know about "trigger" effect. Trigger effect is when your mind subliminally makes associations without your conscious awareness and then later provides a flood of memories (sometimes very painful repressed memories like child abuse) when you come into contact with associated stimuli. It explains why, when you, for example, smell a certain smell it reminds you of your childhood days. Anything could be a possible trigger.... and my guess is that Tool is trying to get us to understand a variety of concepts with their little references.

fork
10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
i didn't mean to make this a new thread by itself. :P my bad. if you are curious, this was meant to be a continuation of my "pythonesque" thread