PDA

View Full Version : ....

v2rocket
10-01-2003, 06:57 AM
well, here's what this song says to me:

stinkfist describes to me, the progression of addiction. the words "this may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to" allude to shooting up any drug, but i believe it refers to shooting heroin. those words are said by people who are teaching others to shoot up all the time. i can't count the times i've heard "now this is going to hurt a little, but you'll get used to it." and the reference to "i don't want it, i just need it. to breathe, to feel, to know i'm alive", describes heroin addiction perfectly to me. (although it could be any drug, i picked heroin because of.....now you didn't really think i'd put that on the internet, did you? ;) ). as for the words "finger deep within the borderline, knuckle deep within the borderline, etc" describes the progression of addiction, as it goes from a simple pleasure, to a habit, to an obsession which fills your life and becomes your primary mode of thought. like how you start out doing every once in a while, then start doing it every other day, to every day, to the first thing you think of when you wake up is how to get today's fix. also, another thing that does somewhat point to heroin, instead of anything else, are the words "relax. slip away." these are words constantly used to describe the feeling of heroin. when someone shoots you with it, specifically for the first time, they always say, after "this may hurt....", is "now just relax, and slip away." well, there's my opinion,...

Toolisgod28
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
i think thats a really good subject on what the song is about...as a drug addict i can actually relate to the song now after reading your view on it

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 04:49 PM
l don't see the song as being about drugs...l see the quote "this may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to" is just referring to life itself...Because life does hurt alot sometimes, but we all end up getting used to it. That's why at the beginning of the song it's referring to a change, and how it needs to happen, because life is an undeniable delimma.