PDA

View Full Version : Keep Going

euthanasia
12-09-2002, 06:50 AM
This is a question to whomever would like to answer it. Already being 4 tool albums, and of course being tottally impossible to predict any forecomings.
What would you think perhaps, or what would you like the next Master Piece of tool deal with? Will it continue the path? Would it change the way? Would it dig up some unknown philosphy long forgoten? Would it force us to open our eyes even wider?

paraflux
12-09-2002, 08:21 AM
1) Since there is a repeating pattern, I would imagine it would be more along the lines of D/R/T. In the schematics they list all three as one song, check it out. And their pattern is the last song on any album is more like the next album than it is the one it's on. Make sense? Opiate sounds more like Undertow than the rest of Opiate, Flood more like AEnima, and Third Eye more esoteric like Lateralus.
2) They don't do the digging for us completely. They provide the illumination so we can see what we're supposed to do, they provide the comfort when it's hard and we need support. But we have to do the work ourselves.
3) They don't force anything, ever. Everybody who is inspired by their music has let themselves feel something long forgotten, The music can take us by the brain and impress images and ideas on it but the responsibility for self-improvement is ultimately up to us.

RNS
12-09-2002, 09:06 AM
the followup to Lateralus will have to be a dangerous album to better it, but hey who knows.
I'm sure it will rock,but Tool are human and like many others before them their 5th Album could suck balls.
Not mentioning any names but a certain very popular metal act from the 80's/90's did seem to lose the plot somewhat when stardom was thrust upon them- i'm not saying this will hapopen with Tool,but it all has to end sometime. As far as I'm concerned the 4 albums they have done will always be classics and if they never release anything else they have still left a mark far bigger and deeper than most.

Jerk off
12-09-2002, 10:23 AM
Some say the end is near some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we do.

Your right, everything has to end sometime but, let us hope that Tools end is far off.......
They can't just let us hang after an experience like lateralus.

MW