PDA

View Full Version : New studio stuff from my band for critique

Neill Fraser
09-30-2003, 02:08 AM
http://www.enternet.co.nz/users/thedopeshow/audiox/ep/

Recorded in a studio with some additional overdubs from home. I know the quality isnt the best but I'm looking for comments more on the songs themselves than the recordings - they're definently listenable, just not particularly professional!

Thanks. Neill

Windir
09-30-2003, 02:19 AM
It seems like you guys miss-play each other.

There are some notes that just doesn't fit in... in all the songs.

I can't say much more.

That would be it.

Thank you.

elevate
09-30-2003, 07:22 AM
Most of the music didn't strike me as particularly interesting - it wasn't bad, and some of the riffs are good, but I think the songs lack a cohesiveness. The pieces are good, they're just not assembled right. IMO, The Gallows shows the most promise. However, you need to tell your drummer to calm down - it's overplaying madness, plus there's some timing issues as well. He also needs to lay off the china some...or it may just be that there was an overhead mic too close to it. Regardless, it's a combination of it being way too loud and getting hit way too much.

Elgyn
10-01-2003, 04:31 PM
I really liked the version of 'The Easy' which you did on your own, and I listened to it a lot on my computer. I wanted an opportunity to let you know, but you hadn't been around. I like the version you've done of it with your band, it seems to have stuck to the format of it, and it works well.

The timing of Standard Time seems a little off to me, particularly the drumming. Perhaps there's some pun intended with the title, but it seems the drumming misses some key snare or kick hits, and it leaves things feeling a little unfinished at times.

I haven't listened to the gallows yet, I'll get on to that when I have a little more time.

I like 'The Easy' though, its a fine tune.

Matteran
03-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I don't know about you guys, but i still listen to this on a regular basis. The original link doesn't work, but if you go here: http://www.inverseorder.cjb.net/

you should be able to find some music.

I guess this guy left TDN for good, because I pm-ed him a little while ago about hearing new stuff, but he never responded, and that was probably sometime in november.

neochrist
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
the singer especially needs to project more when hitting higher notes.

it sounds like some parts of the drums also need to be miked better, or maybe he/she isnt hitting them right everytime.