PDA

View Full Version : Alternative ending

Macrame
09-29-2003, 08:30 PM
I always thought Pushit's ending would be so much more powerful without the last instrumental progression and the song would close with the line "It will end no other way" with Maynard's voice echoing in near silence without the band there to accompany him at those last seconds. It would just give me chills every time and I think it would accent it a whole lot better.

Talk about a run on sentence.

Any thoughts on this?

rickiep00h
12-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I think it seems a lot more orgasmic the way it ends on the record. Like a huge catharsis... the last little spurt of energy the band has is blasted out into those last few chords. Much like the end of Lateralus.

aintsofar
12-04-2003, 01:03 PM
i get the impression the band is saying "abrahadabra" at the end of lateralus.

aintsofar
12-06-2003, 04:02 PM
oops .... (I and rickiep00h) meant lateralis.

AllforUnity
12-11-2003, 08:00 AM
l think the ending of the song is great how it is...

Mehhico
12-11-2003, 01:45 PM
I agree with AllforUnity. This last part of pushit has given me many chills over the past 8 years. Every time I hear it, the end few notes are just so powerful, and sort of winds the song up, but not only the song, it kinda tells me that a certain time or event in someones life has finally finished (going with the theme of the song and album). It gets hammered through the speakers.

Then it leads onto Cesaro Summability, maybe the time of reflection and acceptance (going with the lachrymology thang), and Ænema which indicates the ideas of a new beginning after a desturctive end.

Take care,
Andy

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Thank you Andy...But don't you mean 7 years?

Metamorphosis
12-22-2003, 05:22 PM
i think the ending of the song is even greater on pushit-live, then again i think pushit-live is simply better.