PDA

View Full Version : My song

holy reality
09-29-2003, 12:40 PM
I guess it's incomplete, or something... I dunno.. I was just screwing around..... but it sounds good.... and weird....

www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/holyreality/Untitled.mp3

Windir
09-30-2003, 01:04 AM
I guess it's incomplete, or something... I dunno.. I was just screwing around..... but it sounds good.... and weird....

You've said it all, my friend. ;)

elevate
09-30-2003, 07:25 AM
I guess it's incomplete...
Understatement.

What are you recording with?

holy reality
09-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Understatement.

What are you recording with?
you liked it? or you thought it was complete?

i'm recording with cool edit pro.

elevate
09-30-2003, 09:55 AM
you liked it? or you thought it was complete?

i'm recording with cool edit pro.
I didn't say whether I liked it or not, and no, I don't think it's complete. I was saying that you calling it 'incomplete' is an understatement.

Anyway, CEP....I'm assuming you used a mic, so what kind? The only reason I ask is because, and I've mentioned this before, is that you can get nice results using amp modeling software. I realize it's subjective, but I think it would sound better than whatever setup you're currently employing.

holy reality
09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
i don't know what kind of mic, it's in the top of my monitor...... and.........................

you're saying like buying a POD or something? i like the sound i have... well not really... i want a new amp, but i like the way it sounds miced alright, aside from when there's too much low end and it produces the rattling.

elevate
09-30-2003, 02:16 PM
No, I meant software...which is kinda the same as the POD, same principle anyway. I've been using WarpVST lately, which is supposed to model various Hughes & Kettner amps/cabinets. I dig it.

seeyouauntie
09-30-2003, 02:29 PM
from what i can hear it sounds pretty bad ass, is the hum/high pitched *wooowooowooowooo* thing supposed to be there? it kind of drones out some of the sound...i wish i could hear a better recording of it.

holy reality
09-30-2003, 02:38 PM
from what i can hear it sounds pretty bad ass, is the hum/high pitched *wooowooowooowooo* thing supposed to be there? it kind of drones out some of the sound...i wish i could hear a better recording of it.

yes it's supposed to be there, just turn the volume up to a modest level...... that's the way i intended it to sound, when it gets louder you hardly hear the background tone....

but i do have a better (slightly) version... i jacked arounrd with left/right pan and rotations and such and adjusted some volumes.... i'll upload it.

elevate... what do i use to open .oog files?

okay, updated it, just follow the link i already gave you...

elevate
09-30-2003, 06:18 PM
elevate... what do i use to open .oog files?
This will work. (http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10223959.html?tag=lst-0-2)

psilomind
10-01-2003, 11:23 AM
This will work. (http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10223959.html?tag=lst-0-2)
Yeah, I'd highly reccomend everyone here get an OggVorbis player like this... it simply kicks the living shit out of the MP3 codec.

Here's the player I use (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp.htm)

As for the songs, I think holy's would be more functional as an atmospheric background to a more coherent melody... just a thought.

Elevate's song is pretty damn good as well, though I have no source of comparison to see where the modelling helped it out.

elevate
10-01-2003, 12:00 PM
though I have no source of comparison to see where the modelling helped it out.
Well, if there was no modeling it would be a totally clean guitar sound. I record directly through my mixer - no amp, no preamp, no eq, etc... It really wasn't meant to compare to anything necessarily; just for holy to check out what amp modeling software can sound like. For me, the combination of the software sounding pretty damn good (IMO), coupled with the incredible ease of recording directly through my mixer makes it a no-brainer for me. Not to mention I can record ultra nasty distortion without waking up my 5-month old son.