PDA

View Full Version : Sodom, Gomorrah, and Babylon

dissonance51765
09-29-2003, 09:00 AM
I think we all know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Old Testament of the book of bullshit some call the Bible (God rains fire and destroys the cities for being unvirtuous - but nowadays, who gives a shit if a priest fucks a little boy?). I would also like to add that in the final book of the New Testament, Revelation, God does pretty much the exact same thing to the corrupt city of Babylon (I like this because Christians usually claim that "their" God in the New Testament is much more evolved and loving than the wrathful, "Jewish" God of the Old Testament - this shows that He has not evolved at all). Of course the book of Revelation is the end of the world and if people tried to fit it in with today, I think LA would be a real nice candidate for Babylon. This is just another facet of Maynard's song here, because of the beliefs of some that the destruction of a corrupt city would be incorporated with the end of the world (or the finding of a final state of peace and enlightenment).

FUCK THE EYE
10-14-2003, 03:56 AM
fuck you, who are you to say fuck god, they created us, might as well give them respect, but don't worry they'll be returning and you'll DIE

radmanics
10-21-2003, 08:49 AM
mate, everyone is intilled to their opinions. And, when jesus does return.. we're all going to die. Some of us will go to heaven and some will go to hell +shrugs+

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 11:14 AM
How do you even know this "force" created us? You don't know of anything besides a book someone could have made all up just so people would feel less in control of their life, and not have to do things on their own...who knows if "Jesus" will come, who knows about anything...lt's not a tangible thing.

supersonic2006
10-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Faith is part of Religion, without faith, there is no point.

and the bible was written by many many different people over a great span of time.

Cylith
11-12-2003, 05:34 PM
fuck you, who are you to say fuck god, they created us, might as well give them respect, but don't worry they'll be returning and you'll DIE

You seem to like the word "fuck" an awful lot...you even put it into other people's mouths...you see dissonance51765 never said "fuck god," yet you trash him for saying so. Way to show you're all grown up.