PDA

View Full Version : to anybody who thinks this is about politics

Alex99
09-28-2003, 09:07 PM
think that way if works for you but there's a good chance it's ain't what Maynard wrote it into referance to.

Somebody once asked him a political question and he said "I'm a musician, not a poliction". Anyway, if he hates the government so much surely he sees the irony of producing a product which will then have tax added to it which will be given to the government. He's basically assisted the goverment by selling a cd about how muich he hates them. You guys forget, he's no purisit. He's just a well educated chap with a great way of twisting words and singing. I expect there is something you are a million times better at doing then him,

Imdrowning
07-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Lots of musicians write about how they don't like the government. I'm sure they do so being fully aware of the irony you pointed out (most of them anyway). That irony exists but isn't a reason to not write about hating the government.

thomasknight
07-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Talking Heads '77 - Don't Worry About the Government.

I would guess MJK subscribes to the same idea. The government is not our big problem, they only survive on our ignorance and complacence. Maybe MJK is more sick of his and other people's complacence at letting the government be what it is and allow this consumerist society to develop?