PDA

View Full Version : Similiar music

osiris
09-28-2003, 02:02 AM
I was listening to the opiate vinyl the other day and I realized that I want to hear some similar music to this track...some of that late 60s to mid 70s acid music that kind of defines the hippy stereotype. You know....quiet music in the background sitting around dropping acid...yeah. Anyone able to make some suggestions?

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 12:10 PM
l don't like drugs...:/

dark_star
10-13-2003, 07:10 AM
See my user name? Download that song by the Grateful Dead. I have a feeling "Hippy Music" isn't what you think it is but if you want to try something zaney and crazy, Musical Abstract Art if you will, then download this song. You can also listen to the version on "Live/Dead" from warner brothers, that's probably one of the best versions around. (be sure to listen to everything going on, the organ the bass (phil plays a 6 string bass) and the drums (they have 2 drummers)). Just remember LIVE IS BETTER!

Actually I never really respected Tool untill a friend who's taste in music I have the upmost respect for had me listen to Salival and now they are in my top 5 band list already. I think that live music is where bands can freely express thier artistic abilities without the weight of a record label telling them "Fuck your art, I want money". If a band doesn't express itself live then its not really music they create, just money. (you can listen to a dead song 150 times and it will never really be the same song twice)

well enough of my rants, sorry but i just hope to broden your musical horizons, because once you respect that type of music it really opens the flood gates of music and information. The Grateful Dead's songs are surrounded by just as much wonder and speculation as many Tool songs. well anyways I'm ranting again so i better stop

Bottom line, If you love music, I think that you will like the Dead (Although drugs will enhance the experience, they are not absolutely necessary but for your first time you may want to try some)

AllforUnity
10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Go to a TOOL concert...you'll be blown away by orgasmic artism and talent...

TOOL live...it's like watching gods, in my opinion.

Zeromus
10-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you have see them live. Have you? if you did...Man i envy you, i will never go to a Tool Show...shameful

"Zeromus its not here...but he will come back!"

dark_star
10-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Go to a TOOL concert...you'll be blown away by orgasmic artism and talent...

TOOL live...it's like watching gods, in my opinion.

I dont know if that was to me, but if it was...

yeah you're right I cannot wait for a chance to go to a TOOL show. (it does sound like they may tour again doesn't it?) Because the same thing happened to me with the Grateful Dead, After listening to several live recordings I was impressed to say the least. Unfortuanatly I wasn't "of age" when the band/phenomenon took the country by storm the first time however I did get some "sloppy seconds" in the form of "The Other Ones" and "The Dead" and lemme tell ya' it increased my love for not only thier music but all other types of music 100 fold, it was the first time that music actually grabbed ahold of me and took me places I could never go on my own. I am hoping that attending a TOOL show will have the same affect, however as it stands today If TOOL were to begin commercially releasing live performances I would buy every one, and I'll bet alot of you other people would too (so if any one who has any pull to get things done over at TOOL headquarters is reading this...RELEASE MORE LIVE STUFF)

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Well, yes, that was to you. And l don't know about touring for TOOL...l don't see them going out for a while, considering APC is on tour now...BUT, you should also, if you can, try to see one of their shows, because it's magnificent as well. l don't see TOOL touring until their next album comes out...which could be...who knows?