PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen

alobaraparabola
09-26-2003, 02:20 PM
I was just thinking in my Grade 11 chemistry class, could H. stand for Hydrogen? To me, the song is about making a decisions and being torn up by having to make a choice. Hydrogen is an element with only one electron. In order to be balanced, the atom must give away one electron or take one, so it can receive either a positive or negative charge. It makes a "choice" as we do. This idea kind of fits in with the half-full, half-empty thing as well which I believe was mentioned in the FAQ. Does my idea make sense, or am I destined to fail chemistry?

glassjaw709
09-28-2003, 10:03 AM
thats an interesting theory.... how hydrogen doesnt react well with other elements... and how it has to give to recieve... hmmmm

ps.... im going to fail history too... dont worry, were all in the same boat

alobaraparabola
10-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks (or is crazy enough to think) H. could stand for Hydrogen, which represents the positive and negative of our lives? I remember reading an article on Innuendo Cornicopria which sort of supported my theory. It sort of fits in with the whole lachyrmology thing too. Maybe it even relates to (-) ions.

I know people are entitled to thier own opinions, but I sincerely doubt the song is about heroin. It doesn't really seem to fit the theme of the CD either. Maybe if it was on Undertow, I have have believed it. Please, some suggestions, comments, questions?

dawn
10-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Hydrogen=Æther?

Perhaps?

neochrist
10-15-2003, 04:24 PM
thats an interesting theory.... how hydrogen doesnt react well with other elements... and how it has to give to recieve... hmmmm

actually hydrogen reacts extremely well with other elements, its the most reactive element there is.....

Divine_left
02-15-2004, 03:59 PM
actually hydrogen reacts extremely well with other elements, its the most reactive element there is.....

No, lithium is.

In any case, interesting theory, I like it. And it could hold some validity, I think I'll listen to the song again with this in mind. Thanks.

Ghost of Starman
02-15-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Francium is the most reactive, since its single valence electron is so far away from the nucleus, that it barely takes any charge to take it away, compared to a valence electron closer to a nucleus. In any case, who the fuck really cares. That is a very interesting theory, too. :)