PDA

View Full Version : The colour of Lateralus

cacophony
12-08-2002, 01:47 AM
Does anyone else here see any certain colours or images when they listen to this masterpiece of a song? During the song, particularly during the final two minutes or so, I see alot of blue. Kind of like many blue strikes of electricity weaving together to form like this large weaved ocean of electricity. When Myanard begins the verse "With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in..." this weaved blue electrical ocean begins to rise in the centre to form almost a spiralling electrical tornado type image.

I couldn't tell you why exaclty I always see this image, with all the blue while listening to this track, it just doesn't leave my mind when the song comes on. Does anyone else see anything in particular when listening to this song?

Oh, if anyone wonders why I spell colour like that, it is because I am an Aussie, and that is how we spell colour up here.

akira
12-10-2002, 05:48 AM
how about The Patient = Red? ;)

actually, i see Parabol/a in a swirl of white and blues, kind of like a Lifesavers Vanilla/Blueberry lollipop.

nina
12-10-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by cacophony

Oh, if anyone wonders why I spell colour like that, it is because I am an Aussie, and that is how we spell colour up here.

There is no need to explain yourself...after all, it is the proper way to spell it!!!

:)

oh yeah and royal blue and purple are the colours i see when i listen to this song

cacophony
12-10-2002, 06:26 PM
The patient red. I guess that is red yeah. I also see alot of green in the patient. Kind of a darkish lime green swirling about. I bit like a slightly unsettled large pool of water. Silky waves.

Is Australia below most of the rest of the world? I am not sure. I guess it depends which way you want to call up. Looking at a map it may be lower on the map, however, relative to where I am sitting now in Australia, the northern hemisphere is to my right. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

46&2
12-27-2002, 05:11 PM
During The Patient I see really dark, cold blue. Like a tall, forboding castle. Its really quite unsettling.

Butterfly_Soul
12-28-2002, 07:58 PM
When I hear Lateralus, I see a sunrise.. "Black then white are all I see in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, lets me see"... To me, this makes me think of the minutes before sunrise, when the world is only in shades of black and white: especially in the winter when all you can discern is shadows and snow (in Michigan, at least). Then as the sun rises, color floods the sky and allows you to see more breadth and depth of color around you. The sky gradually expands, allowing for "infinite possibilities", because you can never find the end of the horizon.

DXRocker73
01-09-2003, 10:41 AM
I see the song in yellow and blue until the last part: "With my feet upon the ground..."

I see it in black.

Toad
01-27-2003, 07:49 PM
I see a lot of green throughout the whole album, in different shades, but mostly bright. I also see blue in varying shades from time to time, and occasionally bits of black, and sometimes a greyish-white.