PDA

View Full Version : Child-like skipping high-hat.

tali
08-08-2008, 06:44 AM
I love the drums in the verses of this song. It has a sort of childish joy to it. Especially the high-hat. The high-hat actually sounds like it is skipping. Juxtaposed with the dark nature of the guitar/bass/vocals. I see the child, Jimmy, 11 years old in the drums. The guitar and bass are the world around him: dark, frightening, depressing. The vocals are the adult James delving back into those dark memories. Such a powerful and emotional song.

Esteban Crespo
07-18-2014, 02:05 PM
I love the drums in the verses of this song. It has a sort of childish joy to it. Especially the high-hat. The high-hat actually sounds like it is skipping. Juxtaposed with the dark nature of the guitar/bass/vocals. I see the child, Jimmy, 11 years old in the drums. The guitar and bass are the world around him: dark, frightening, depressing. The vocals are the adult James delving back into those dark memories. Such a powerful and emotional song.

I know it's been long since you wrote this...but I need you to know that I totally agree. It's a beautiful way to get into the song.