PDA

View Full Version : memories

eulogy508
09-21-2003, 01:50 PM
I don't know why, this song is just a very memorable song. It reminds me of a lot of great times... like when I bought Aenima months ago.... does anyone else feel very nostalgic when hearing stinkfist? What does it remind you of?

Soldat
09-22-2003, 08:25 AM
I don't know why, this song is just a very memorable song. It reminds me of a lot of great times... like when I bought Aenima months ago.... does anyone else feel very nostalgic when hearing stinkfist? What does it remind you of?

I'm an art student. I pick several songs and build worlds around them. Stinkfist is an epic in my eyes.

learist
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
The first time i heard the song, I was sitting in my friends apartment and he had just bought the box set dvd. He popped it in(After several bong hits, I might add), and we watched it. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I was immediatly hooked. Everytime I hear that song, it brings me back to those good old days when I was so ignorant to what was really going on around me.

Mehhico
09-22-2003, 10:31 PM
I don't know what it is about the starting sounds, but every time I hear it, I get amped up. It is such a unique effect, and the build up to the kick in, wow! I love putting it on the jukebox at the hotel/bar near my house because the jukebox is up quite loud, but for some reason "Stinkfist" is a shade louder than the rest of the music on there. The intro itself is fucking loud, so you can imagine how full-on the kick in would be.
Yep, a fine song, and it brings me back to the mid 90's when I was just starting to understand that this band definately has got something special.

Kind regards,
Andy

StinkfistJEff
10-18-2003, 11:07 PM
I was the singer for a band for 2 years. I'm not an amazing singer, but can really imitate Maynard very well...some would say that does make me a good singer, I don't. Anyways, we played Stinkfist many times and basically mastered it. We played it for live audiences twice, and everytime I hear it it brings me back to performing Stinkfist live....such a powerful experience behind all of that.