PDA

View Full Version : could be...could not

NeonAnimus
09-19-2003, 05:19 AM
To me the song (Prison sex) is about more then just the point of view from the child molester.... It is the cycle full circle, being abused as a child, breathing but not living....and then as an adult becoming the person you hated as a child, the child molester thus finishing the circle. It isn't about believing it is your destiny, in a sense it is taking the control from someone as it was taken away from you. And yet not even realizing why...

In the video, the monster had control if the "child". He had the "child's" legs. The "child" can't get away, can do nothing for himself. he acts like he is dead (sleeping) when the monster comes. one of the things I like about the video is the monster seemingly trying to fix the face of the "child" it is broken, so he covers it.....but under the new face is still the old mind....
the "child" taking the paint brush and drawing a red line across his chest.....(could the paint brush be like a sword? Honorable killing?)
Any way.....I think the song has many meanings, depending upon who is listening to it.

Fatman
09-19-2003, 06:12 AM
Hmm I never got the whole paint brush thing, anyone got any theories on it?

im_naked_and_fearless
09-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Hmm I never got the whole paint brush thing, anyone got any theories on it?

i always thought it to be the molester actually molesting the child when he is "brushing" the child. like in the end you see the molester "brushing" him and the kids hand is raising up to like stop him but then he pushes his hand away. that what i think... but also in the end im not really sure why the kid "brushes" himself

Underalus
09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
it's cause he feels dirty and spoiled so he brands himself to let others no he's damaged. Maybe he's just Masturbating.

learist
09-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Maybe he is cutting himself because of all of his pain. Or maybe he has been molested so much, he begins to molest himself. I HAVE NO CLUE!!!(I'm no psychologist)

Mehhico
09-24-2003, 08:50 PM
it's cause he feels dirty and spoiled so he brands himself to let others no he's damaged. Maybe he's just Masturbating.

I thought your first line was interesting because I got to thinking. It is definately a stretch, but, as there is reference (or seems to be) in The Grudge to the book: The Scarlett Letterman, maybe the little guy IS branding himself. In The Scarlett Letterman, the adulterer is branded (well, embroided, anyway) with an "A", maybe the little guy is branding himself "I" for innocent, because the child is ALWAYS the victim.
Probably not, but I have no other clues as to what it is supposed to mean, or could mean.

Kind regards,
Andy

im_naked_and_fearless
09-25-2003, 12:19 PM
I thought your first line was interesting because I got to thinking. It is definately a stretch, but, as there is reference (or seems to be) in The Grudge to the book: The Scarlett Letterman, maybe the little guy IS branding himself. In The Scarlett Letterman, the adulterer is branded (well, embroided, anyway) with an "A", maybe the little guy is branding himself "I" for innocent, because the child is ALWAYS the victim.
Probably not, but I have no other clues as to what it is supposed to mean, or could mean.

Kind regards,
Andy

I'm confused if "The Scarlet Letter" the same as "The Scarlet Letterman"

learist
09-25-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm confused if "The Scarlet Letter" the same as "The Scarlet Letterman"

He's juswt saying that in the book "The scarlet letter", the main character is forced to wear a scarlet A on her chest for adultry so everyone would know her crime and cause shame upon her as a form of punishment. The scarlet letterman could be someone who lets everyone know someones crime and never lets them live it down.

Mehhico
10-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Oh, shoot!!! I meant to write the book: The Scarlet Letter. Not The Scarlet Letterman. Dang Nam it!!!! Sorry, my bad.

Regards,
Andy

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 04:00 PM
l think some of you people are a little confused...When, in 'The Scarlet Letter' you are "branded" with an 'A', for being an adulterer, yes...but an adultery is not the act of molesting children, it's the act of having sex with someone besides your spouse when you're married. Just thought l'd clarify that.

Mehhico
10-16-2003, 09:31 PM
That is true, I do know the difference between adultery and pedophilia. I was also under the impression that the book was saying that the people branded a letter of the sin on the front of the accused, regardless of whether the sin was adultery or not. The letter is a symbol of the crime which they have been accused of, and they were to wear it so that everyone knew what that person did. Please correct me if I am wrong, as it may just be for the people who committed adultery in particular, or maybe it was just that single specific situation. I am not clear about this point, as it was a while since I read the book.
I guess what I am trying to say is that it is ALMOST feasible that the "little guy" in the video is branding himself with an "I" because he wants everyone to know that he is innocent. As I said before, I have no other clues as to why he did that.
Then again, the song is about the cyclic nature of the events, so eventually the little guy might become the abuser. I don't know where I am going with this. maybe I'll think about it more and get back.
Yeah, I think I'll do that.
Yeah, good idea Andy.

Kind regards,
Andy

AllforUnity
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Well, the book itself was pretty specific, it wasn't as much about the public, as it was the story of the family in the book. lt LEAD you to believe that the scarlet letter, being the 'A', stood for adulterer. l'm not sure about the rest of the embroidered letters, for other crimes.

Pyrophoric_yeti
11-14-2003, 02:27 AM
Im not sure what conclusions we are trying to make here but as ive been told that apparently this song is all about marticide then if the child wants to kill the mother and the mother molested the child then I could stand for incest, I realy dont know its late at night, im just adding random thoughts to the cake mix who knows what kind of cake we will get. This my friends is all part of the fun.