PDA

View Full Version : 5th year anniversary of Judith Marie

joblobob
06-19-2008, 04:42 AM
18 June, 2008 (09:17am)
WINGS ANNIVERSARY & A MESSAGE FROM MAYNARD

"Today Marks the 5 year anniversary of Judith Marie's surrender to a 29 year struggle against time and gravity. Take a moment to count your blessings. Remind yourself that life is short. (In Judith's case, long and painful.) Take a deep breath and allow the petty stuff to disintegrate into dust and blow away. It's all gonna work out. Judith's last wishes were that her final resting place be near me. So I brought her ashes to my home in Arizona and spread her across the South East facing slope so every morning she could watch the sunrise with me. Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, her new wings are these estate vines. And like her, these vines are tenacious, vigorous, stubborn, and the fruit is sexy and complex. I'm going to name this wine "Nagual del Judith, Judith's Cabernet Sauvignon." Now she gets finally to travel around the world, meet new and interesting people, and be around lots and lots of great food. Pure Heaven." - MJK

From Toolband.

TOOL_Rules
06-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought Maynard didn't like talking about his mom and regretted "putting himself out there" like he did in 10000 days:

"I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks 'wings" and "wings pt. 2." I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It's just too difficult in what I would consider a hostile environment. It's not a very nurturing setting, a Tool concert. There's a lots of people there that get it, but theres definitely a percentage who don't and it's a very, very,very difficult place to try to express those kinds of feelings. So having put yourself out there in that way with songs like "prison sex" and "wings," I don't want to do that anymore. All those songs were exploited and misconstrued. People were flippant and dismissive. And technically, "wings" is very difficult to pull off, so if any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and that's not a good song for me to have fall apart."

-Maynard

oh well...

The songs are already recorded, pereznor. If you really "read" the Maynard quotes that you posted you'd realize that he is talking about the difficulty of "performing" these songs in "what he considers a hostile environment", a TOOL concert. All true if you ask me. Now, on the five year anniversary of his mother's passing you want to chastise him for posting a little memorial sharing with TOOL fans how he chooses to have her live on through his AZ wine vines? You are one harsh dude. You're one of the guys he's talking about that just doesn't get it. I would deduce that we'll likely never again get a personal piece like Wings, Prison Sex or Jimmy and nothing that close to his childhood will be played again live. Other than that, there is no relation or correlation of his recent quotes to yesterday's five-year anniversary memorial. You have to be a TOOL hater, not a TOOL fan, to have posted something as moronic as this.

joblobob
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Where is that quote about maynard from??

theamazingtool
06-20-2008, 07:08 PM
No, he was actually talking about how stupid it was of him to put himself out there like he did on 10000 days.

this is EXACTLY what TOOLrules just said....whos the moron here?

Kody27
06-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I thought Maynard didn't like talking about his mom and regretted "putting himself out there" like he did in 10000 days:

"I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks 'wings" and "wings pt. 2." I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me emotionally, mentally, and physically. It's just too difficult in what I would consider a hostile environment. It's not a very nurturing setting, a Tool concert. There's a lots of people there that get it, but theres definitely a percentage who don't and it's a very, very,very difficult place to try to express those kinds of feelings. So having put yourself out there in that way with songs like "prison sex" and "wings," I don't want to do that anymore. All those songs were exploited and misconstrued. People were flippant and dismissive. And technically, "wings" is very difficult to pull off, so if any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and that's not a good song for me to have fall apart."

-Maynard

oh well...

maybe that's why it's titled "Transformation and regeneration" on his myspace, asshat. look up the meanings of those words and then maybe you'll understand a small memorial for a loved one whos passed a littlbe bit better.

Kody27
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh... you're one of the ones that "gets it", right?

I don't know have you ever had your mother or father taken away? I have so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who "get's it". It's sad to see people like you on here poking fun at something so personal and serious, everything is not always a joke you dumb fuck.

Kody27
06-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Death is very real good sir, and what better way to remind you of the beauty of life? Actually I did post a bulletin with a link to maynard's dead mother blog. I thought it was appropriate and beautiful for those who have experienced loss. I used to be like you, afraid of death and ignoring all unsightly reminders of such a negative thing. But I quickly learned that death isn't always negative, it exist to remind us to shoot forward in life.
What about Tool songs, don't they do the exact same thing? They remind us of the beauty in life by showing us the ugly first. Why not post it on myspace since everything on there is some 14 years old girls bull shitting about high school gossip and their latest cold sores? A little darkness can bring out the light.

TOOL_Rules
06-23-2008, 12:58 PM
this is EXACTLY what TOOLrules just said....whos the moron here?

Thank you, amazing. And Kody, wow what a great post. Very well said!!

Tool_Is_Sick
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
No, he was actually talking about how stupid it was of him to put himself out there like he did on 10000 days. And there he goes again...

moronic, heh

LOL! Your an idiot

Cheesegreater
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Enjoyed your post Kody. I'm 100% with you on facing the ugly things and that death isn't always a negative thing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading what Maynard wrote about his mother. Death is a very real thing, so is sexual abuse, and the people afflicted by these events are sometimes dying to have someone or something to relate to (hence wings and prison sex.) However there are many people out there that will be 'flippant and dismissive' about such topics. Hell, they'll even call you 'negative' or 'pessimist' just for wanting understanding and closure in regards to these sensitive subjects.

I have much respect for MJK, he's very human. The ones that really enjoy his writing or as some others cheaply say the ones who "get it," are people that are just grateful to have messages that they can relate to. Nothing more, nothing less. Isolation can be a terrible feeling, and MJK has a talent for writing about things people repress that make us feel isolated. It's a sickening sensation to have to harbor intense emotions deep inside, and there's nothing better than getting out those bottled up feelings by relating to others and feeling some commonality. Maynard has given a lot to the world when you think about it, he'll definitely have a legacy.

Kody27
06-23-2008, 07:58 PM
More like out in left field. Was that over your head too?

Cheesegreater
06-23-2008, 10:45 PM
wow, i'm definitely out of my league here.

sorry to ruin your "I LOVE MAYNARD AND EVERYTHING HE DOES" party.

when you're all done sucking each other's cock, maybe we can have a substantial discussion.

Well dude, I'm sorry to rain on your parade jackass. Let's go back to talking about Maynard's personal flaws, about how he makes the same mistakes over and over again. What the fuck is your problem anyway? I mean really, why do people lurk around on these boards hoping and praying to find something they can belittle, cheapen, or harp upon? I can't help but wonder what's goes on inside people's minds sometimes. It's as if, "If there's no conflict. It's not interesting." Jesus, what did I possibly fucking do to piss you off preznor?

The funny thing is I actually understood and agreed with you about how people keep tripping over the same problems in life. I didn't write what I wrote because of some imaginary pissing contest where I'm trying to win by appearing more 'enlightened' than someone else. Maynard has no legacy and hasn't given shit to the world. There, you happy? Is that more fun for you to read? Thought so.

All of a sudden we're sucking eachother's cock just because we can relate to what it's like to lose someone close. Fuck you man. It seems obvious you've never dealt with that pain, or maybe someone close to has died but you just don't care about anyone but yourself. Why the fuck do you have to turn the topic into this?

theamazingtool
06-24-2008, 01:28 AM
your cheese just got GREATED

Cheesegreater
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
This isn't debate class douche bag.

If I wouldn't have referred to people cheaply saying 'get it' you would have had nothing to get insulted from. My my, and that's hardly an insult.

$avage
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm just going walk into this thread.. take a look around. Sit down right over here and say "RIP".

Good day gentlemen.

theamazingtool
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
this is what you hippies fail to understand. You just nailed it in the head.

You dumbasses are making this debate waaaaay too personal. Chill the fuck out.

Also, in all this discussion, I'd appreciate if you fucktards count the times you've insulted me, vs the other way around. That's right, cunts, I've just evened it out in one post.

VERY intelligent post

Tool_Is_Sick
06-24-2008, 06:03 PM
"LOL! Your an Idiot" I call it like I read it sweetheart. Dont run off..we were having fun!!!!!

Cheesegreater
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I call it as I see it as well, and obviously when this pereznor stepped in he interrupted a perfectly good BJ. Damn it all!

Kody27
06-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I like how they're all herding around the only one poster who has been "debating" me on the issue by quoting me and saying smart things like "your cheese just got GREATED " or "LOL! Your an idiot".

Anyways, I'm through wasting my time in this thread. Proceed with the dick licking... no more interruptions from yours truly. In case you guys feel like re-igniting the issue, just re-read my posts.

So why are you reading this now pereznor?

Tool_Is_Sick
06-25-2008, 06:15 AM
They had it coming. All he did was quote the lead singer of the band in order to point out a possible contradiction.

Your avatar is extremely peaceful IMO.

Funbags
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
18 June, 2008 (09:17am)
WINGS ANNIVERSARY & A MESSAGE FROM MAYNARD

"Today Marks the 5 year anniversary of Judith Marie's surrender to a 29 year struggle against time and gravity. Take a moment to count your blessings. Remind yourself that life is short. (In Judith's case, long and painful.) Take a deep breath and allow the petty stuff to disintegrate into dust and blow away. It's all gonna work out. Judith's last wishes were that her final resting place be near me. So I brought her ashes to my home in Arizona and spread her across the South East facing slope so every morning she could watch the sunrise with me. Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, her new wings are these estate vines. And like her, these vines are tenacious, vigorous, stubborn, and the fruit is sexy and complex. I'm going to name this wine "Nagual del Judith, Judith's Cabernet Sauvignon." Now she gets finally to travel around the world, meet new and interesting people, and be around lots and lots of great food. Pure Heaven." - MJK

From Toolband.

This is just lovely. What a beautiful soul to share this touching memorial.

I think if more people lived their lives in tune with whats actually in their hearts we'd see a whole lot more cool in the world.

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 05:09 AM
This is just lovely. What a beautiful soul to share this touching memorial.

I think if more people lived their lives in tune with whats actually in their hearts we'd see a whole lot more cool in the world.

Thank you.

I was reading this debacle and couldn't help wonder to myself; self, what if this were not taking place on the internet, but in a banquet hall. What if Maynard, or anyone else for that matter, took center stage and gave this beautiful memorial. Then what if this were to ensue. WOW.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 06:17 AM
That's a cool way of lookin at it, it would be much more personal and touching being said live. Looking at it that way, it would take some balls of maynard to talk so emotionally to his tool fans one on one(million). He's never gonna do it because douchbagToolFan#59 would yell PLaY FrEebIRD AnD THRd Eye!

Divine_left
06-27-2008, 06:26 AM
A hostile environment indeed...

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 06:26 AM
I was focusing more on the aftermath of the spoken memorial. He finishes, someone proclaims to the room that he is contradicting himself because of previous statements and then the room broke out into an episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Kinda like the way we change when we're behind the wheel of our car. Would anyone really walk into a bank and look at the line. Then go, I'm just gonna cut in...right....here. Then laugh and flip the person behind them off? We do it on the way to the bank, but not inside. The car gives us the illusion that we are protected from recourse. It is less likely that the person you just cut off will follow you to the bank and beat your ass in the parking lot. But without the car, you are much more likely to be held accountable for your actions.

Like a telephone tough guy...

Kody27
06-27-2008, 06:34 AM
I was focusing more on the aftermath of the spoken memorial. He finishes, someone proclaims to the room that he is contradicting himself because of previous statements and then the room broke out into an episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Kinda like the way we change when we're behind the wheel of our car. Would anyone really walk into a bank and look at the line. Then go, I'm just gonna cut in...right....here. Then laugh and flip the person behind them off? We do it on the way to the bank, but not inside. The car gives us the illusion that we are protected from recourse. It is less likely that the person you just cut off will follow you to the bank and beat your ass in the parking lot. But without the car, you are much more likely to be held accountable for your actions.

Like a telephone tough guy...

Ah I see, sorry I didn't even understand what you meant at first. Yes I can see it now, maynard delivers this and a rabble ensues right in front of him. Then he pulls out his little judges hammer and demands order! Most likely he would just walk away though. So douchebagToolFan#59 would ruin it for all of us.

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Or he might show us some of that ju-jitsu he has been practicing. Now that would be sweet.

One of my favorite videos of all time is him choking that fan on stage. Beautiful hip toss, took his back and slapped on the rear naked choke.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah especially since he looked like he was goin in for a hug to the poor confused drug induced fan, then HI YAAAA fucking Hong Kong Phooey on your ass.

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
I bet that guy won't be climbing on stages for a looooong time.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Or maybe he went and took jiu jitsu lessons so next time he climbs up there he'll flip maynard and ride him like a wild pony into the night.

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Maybe. Just maybe...

Cheesegreater
06-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I like your observations gjamison. Flaming doesn't happen in real life that much does it? If it did, we'd be living a constant UFC/drama filled life.

gjamison27
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, most telephone tough guys make-up the physically (and mentally) weaker portion of our population and are the first ones to pick up guns and start shooting. Sick sad world.