PDA

View Full Version : reflection (live, with hawk from tricky)

jpmanson
12-06-2002, 01:20 PM
last year, i saw tool in tacoma, hawk from tricky came and sang in reflection. i was wondering if anyone knew what the lyrics were. i have a live recording of this version, if anyone wants it, i am on soulseek under the name "jpmanson"

i am thinking that this other version could give a whole new meaning to the song, apart from waht i already think. but i have trouble making out what is sung.

lonely_host
12-06-2002, 01:30 PM
what do you think the meaning is?

jpmanson
12-06-2002, 01:36 PM
well, i get the feeling that it is about a person who is about to commit suicide, then at the moment when he is about to do it, he has a mystical/religios experience. this experience causes the person to change his mind and decide to move on with his life.

something like that, there is probably more to it im sure, but that is what i get out of it at the moment.

lonely_host
12-06-2002, 01:49 PM
I like to look at Lateralus as an album as a logical progression to somewhat of an enlightened end..not really in the sense of a story being played out but rather fears, doubts, reactions, revelations, and finally ending with re-birth in Disposition-Reflection-Triad..its hard to put much of a physical world around the lyrics of tool without it being subjective but one atmosphere Reflection provokes is that of being consumed in a dark, empty hell of narcissism and egotism. The grudge against human spirituality has been dealt with, life has been put into perspective, and the universe has come into focus..but there is still the carnal, instinctive beast of the ego. There is only one more lap around the circle before the cycle is complete. "So crucify the ego before its far too late and leave behind this place so negative in mind and cynical..and you will come to find that we are all one mind".

just a thought...