PDA

View Full Version : the 23rd song

Lateralareallofus
06-17-2008, 09:31 AM
ok so besides this track representing synchronicity, or the voice of god, or any of the other ideas, it is also the twenty third song. beginning with Aenima, and then continuing to Lateralus and 10000 days, Viginti Tres is the twenty third song. you have to exclude all the segues and intro tracks, and also combine songs like wings part 1 and 2 together to equal 1 song.

Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., 46&2, Hooker, Jimmy, Pushit, aenema, third ae, grudge, patient, schism, parabol(a), ticks, lateralus, triad(disposition, reflection, triad), vicarious, jambi, wings for marie, pot, rosetta stoned, right in two, viginti tres.

So these viginti tres songs are to be seen as one( in synch with eachother). After all, aenima, lateralus and 10000 days are the complete alchemy process: purification, putrification, enlightening of the duality of the universe.

gjamison27
06-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Why would you start with Aenima, skip the instrumentals, and combine 2 songs in to one?

Lateralareallofus
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
well the ones i counted are songs with lyrics and music. Some of the instrumentals could be seen as an intro to a song, such as mantra and schism. You cant seriously count intermission or die eir von satan as tool songs like eulogy or stinkfist.

I began with aenima becuase it is the beginning of the alchemy in Tool's albums. The Great Work is a three step process: nigredo, albedo, rubedo.
Wikipedia:
Alchemical symbolism has been occasionally used by psychologists and philosophers. Carl Jung reexamined alchemical symbolism and theory and began to show the inner meaning of alchemical work as a spiritual path. Alchemical philosophy, symbols and methods have enjoyed something of a renaissance in post-modern contexts.

"Magnum opus
The Great Work; mystic interpretation of its three stages:

nigredo(-putrefactio), blackening(-putrefaction): individuation, purification, burnout of impureness; see also Suns in alchemy - Sol Niger
albedo, whitening: spiritualisation, enlightenment
rubedo, reddening: unification of man with god, unification of the limited with the unlimited.
Within the Magnum Opus, was the creation of the Sanctum Moleculae, that is the 'Sacred Masses' that were derived from the Sacrum Particulae, that is the 'Sacred Particles', needed to complete the process of achieving the Magnum Opus."

I can go further into this but its obvious that the blackening and purification is aenima, the whitening and enlightening is lateralus, and the unification of man with god and such dualities is the 10000days and reddening.

i dont know about you, but i cant listen to parabola without listening to parabol to lead into parabola. and its known that disposition/refelction/triad are stringed together, as seen on the lateralus album back cover. So i counted these each as one song which is perfectly rational.

Inner_Eulogy
06-18-2008, 10:26 AM
well the ones i counted are songs with lyrics and music. Some of the instrumentals could be seen as an intro to a song, such as mantra and schism. You cant seriously count intermission or die eir von satan as tool songs like eulogy or stinkfist.

I began with aenima becuase it is the beginning of the alchemy in Tool's albums. The Great Work is a three step process: nigredo, albedo, rubedo.
Wikipedia:
Alchemical symbolism has been occasionally used by psychologists and philosophers. Carl Jung reexamined alchemical symbolism and theory and began to show the inner meaning of alchemical work as a spiritual path. Alchemical philosophy, symbols and methods have enjoyed something of a renaissance in post-modern contexts.

"Magnum opus
The Great Work; mystic interpretation of its three stages:

nigredo(-putrefactio), blackening(-putrefaction): individuation, purification, burnout of impureness; see also Suns in alchemy - Sol Niger
albedo, whitening: spiritualisation, enlightenment
rubedo, reddening: unification of man with god, unification of the limited with the unlimited.
Within the Magnum Opus, was the creation of the Sanctum Moleculae, that is the 'Sacred Masses' that were derived from the Sacrum Particulae, that is the 'Sacred Particles', needed to complete the process of achieving the Magnum Opus."

I can go further into this but its obvious that the blackening and purification is aenima, the whitening and enlightening is lateralus, and the unification of man with god and such dualities is the 10000days and reddening.

i dont know about you, but i cant listen to parabola without listening to parabol to lead into parabola. and its known that disposition/refelction/triad are stringed together, as seen on the lateralus album back cover. So i counted these each as one song which is perfectly rational.

It's definately an interesting way to view it as a whole like this

gjamison27
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
It is, I agree.

But I can listen to Parabola w/out Parobol and I don't see how we can just blink Opiate out of existence.

Seems like a manipulation of data to fit a purpose...

Tool_Is_Sick
06-18-2008, 12:26 PM
ok so besides this track representing synchronicity, or the voice of god, or any of the other ideas, it is also the twenty third song. beginning with Aenima, and then continuing to Lateralus and 10000 days, Viginti Tres is the twenty third song. you have to exclude all the segues and intro tracks, and also combine songs like wings part 1 and 2 together to equal 1 song.

Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., 46&2, Hooker, Jimmy, Pushit, aenema, third ae, grudge, patient, schism, parabol(a), ticks, lateralus, triad(disposition, reflection, triad), vicarious, jambi, wings for marie, pot, rosetta stoned, right in two, viginti tres.

So these viginti tres songs are to be seen as one( in synch with eachother). After all, aenima, lateralus and 10000 days are the complete alchemy process: purification, putrification, enlightening of the duality of the universe.

Its an interesting concept but where is intension? I take it, you think its a long segues? In this case, Viginti tres is number 24 to your little puzzle you have going on.

Some people have too much time on their hands. Wow..

Lateralareallofus
06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
intension is the lead in to right in two. So that makes 23.

Rolo
06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Funny thing is that you excluded all "instrumentals", but Viginti Tres itself is an instumental as well in this...

Also the Magnum Opus theory is interesting indeed. But now that it's finished, one could think that there will be no more albums coming up since the task is completed :(

Lateralareallofus
06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Funny thing is that you excluded all "instrumentals", but Viginti Tres itself is an instumental as well in this...

Also the Magnum Opus theory is interesting indeed. But now that it's finished, one could think that there will be no more albums coming up since the task is completed :(

ya well the only flaw in my theory is exactly that; viginti tres is an instrumental. but it seems that everything fits together so well that it must work.

Thats the exciting thing my friend. Now that the Great Work is completed, Tool can go in a completely new direction with their music

Rolo
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Or focus on other projects than TOOL itself... :'(

gjamison27
06-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Tools next album will be about bitches and money yo!

Tool_Is_Sick
06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
intension is the lead in to right in two. So that makes 23.

If intension isnt a "song" but a "lead" then you might as well say that lost keys isnt a song but a "lead" ..your theory/idea is weak imo.

I count 25 songs if I even follow your theory but thats just me.

Tools next album will be about bitches and money yo!

WORD!!

Tool_Is_Sick
06-20-2008, 02:38 PM
You combine all of the instrumentals into one song and that's song 23 duh.

Edit: good, I'm tired of having to listen to rap music to get my bitches and money fix

That makes perfect sense leefs. ;) Seriously..Can you even imagine Tool making an album about "doing drugs" and how to exactly brainwash hot bitches? Ohh the sweet imaginitive combinations of awesomeness that could proceed haha.

Lateralareallofus
06-21-2008, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Tool_Is_Sick;2501619]If intension isnt a "song" but a "lead" then you might as well say that lost keys isnt a song but a "lead" ..your theory/idea is weak imo.

I count 25 songs if I even follow your theory but thats just me.

i am counting lost keys as a lead in

Carny_Handles
09-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I shoved every tool song up my ass and shit spiraled out of me 23 times.

Rolo
11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Did i really click that? :(

shoddyAnimal
11-10-2011, 06:09 AM
the voice of god

this is where I stopped reading.......zzzZZZZzzzz

you're overthinking this whole number thing...
STOP THAT NOW.... I DONT LIKE THAT (this is the voice of god)

toolisineffable
11-10-2011, 06:28 PM
The thing is it depends on how you define the 23. I'd do it like this...

1. Intermission / jimmy
2. Die Eier Von Satan
3. Pushit
4. Cesaro Summability
5. Ænema
6. (-) Ions
7. Third Eye
8. The Grudge
9. Eon Blue Apocalypse / The Patient
10. Mantra / Schism
11. Parabol / Parabola
12. Ticks and Leeches
13. Lateralus
14. Disposition / Reflection / Triad
15. Faaip De Oiad
16. Vicarious
17. Jambi
18. Wings for Marie / 10,000 Days
19. The Pot
20. Lipan Conjuring
21. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) / Rosetta Stoned
22. Intension / Right in Two
23. Viginti Tres

...but other people, such as the OP in this case, would do it differently. Since I went through the effort to do that I thought I might as well count how many tracks were left...

1. Sweat
2. Hush
3. Part of Me
4. Cold and Ugly
5. Jerk Off
6. Opiate
7. The Gaping Lotus Experience
8. Intolerance
9. Prison Sex
10. Sober
11. Bottom
12. Crawl Away
13. Swamp Song
14. Undertow
15. 4 Degrees
16. Flood
17. Disgustipated
18. Stinkfist
19. Eulogy
20. H.
21. Useful Idiot / Forty Six & 2
22. Message to Harry Manback
23. Hooker with a Penis

...23 > Intermission > 23. Kind of blew my mind for about 2.3 seconds but 'H.' runs into 'Useful Idiot' so it doesn't really work.