PDA

View Full Version : suck me dry

seeker
12-06-2002, 11:36 AM
i think T&L is a feeling song. the lyrics are rather short if you cut off what's repeated later, and the song starts out so intense that it makes me think of a burst of anger, a sudden falling of the peaceful front that the album up to this point has created. this song represents the difficulty of self-control, and the results of trying too hard. he has been feeling enlightened, spiritual, and he has been prolonging such reactions in trying to keep close to the feeling of transcending mortality. but now he has exploded, and he is unloading on some unlucky individual. then there is a lapse in intensity, like he has just realized his loss of control. the feeling lingers and he whispers 'suck me dry' over and over (and something else that's not quite a whisper... what is he saying, anyway?) then suddenly he comes back with a vengeance... he had lost control thanks to the subject of his rage, and in his lapse he has realized a blank in thinking, a blackout of spirituality perhaps. realizing this loss, and perhaps rage-renewed, the song recaptures the energy of the beginning tenfold and roars to its sudden conclusion. after the encounter, time will heal the scars from the explosion, and the cool, collected calm of spirituality will return.

everyone needs a vent.