PDA

View Full Version : A balance

Pages : [1] 2

dxs
05-10-2008, 10:53 AM
A lot of the people that speak about Ticks and Leeches often feel one or the other for this song---love or hatred. Some people crank it up, whereas others tend to condemn the track to the powerful “skip” button without a second thought. It all depends on the listener, and how much the song means to them.

As of yesterday, I was viewing a thread that discussed songs that were temporarily dubbed as “fuck you” songs. Now, those that fit in such a category included the TOOL songs that were often accompanied with aggressive riffs and a shouting, angry Maynard. Perfect examples would include songs like Hooker With A Penis, Jerk-off, and---you guessed it---Ticks and Leeches.

The passive hostility and lack of interest toward the song that I often crashed into across several threads and profiles baffled me somewhat. I knew that some people, I'll use Inner_Eulogy as an example, didn’t click with the song too well because:

I never really did get into that song, I'm not sure why, it's ok I guess but it's like a sore thumb on that album, it's the piece that just doesn't fit.

I perfectly understand this viewpoint, along with the viewpoints of many other toolnavy members that might not be too fond of Ticks and Leeches for reasons similar or different to the one previously stated.

But at the same time, I continue to think that the lyrics of Ticks and Leeches are often underrated and overlooked; just taken as words of rage and nothing more---“Is this what you wanted? Is this what you had in mind? Cuz this this is what you're getting. I hope you choke.”---rather than something more profound and meaningful.

Ticks and Leeches had always been a song that I treasured, not by the fact that it was heavy, per se, but because of the way that TOOL so intricately and successfully managed to balance out two important elements in this song---broadly put as “anger” and “sorrow”. This amazed me. Few artists could balance out such two elements in such a perfect method---much less express it in a way that the vibration of these two powerful emotions could be perceived, understood, and moved all at once.

Because the bridge of this song leaves me bereft of anything to say besides the fact that the song, through emotional means, should be throwing wads of emotion at you every time you hear it. Very hard.

The emotion within this song is so powerful its nearly overwhelming. If you look at the beginning of the song---the buildup from Danny’s drum beat as it ascends to the lyrics…it begins with rage. It makes you believe that rage is all that our character (which we will use for several scenarios) is currently feeling.

And some people may have been fooled into believing that the entire song continues in such fashion.

Well, that‘s what the song hints at, at first. But what we all must take into consideration is, in fact, the words:“My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter; beat my compassion black and blue.”

If we summoned up our most shallow thinking before those set of lyrics turned up in the song, chances are we’d think that so-and-so is probably feeding off our character, and our character is pissed as hell. But with the coming of these lyrics, there should at least be a little lightbulb in your head that might inform you that the song has taken a drastic, drastic turn.

These set of lyrics means that, not only is so and so feeding off our character…but he is feeding him in possibly an emotional way. And this should immediately make one think that sorrow is soon to ascend. With anger comes sorrow; it is law.

Sorrow is an outcome of anger---no one likes to be angry a lot of the time, even if someone may be proud of a reputation of being a hothead. One might feel angry all the time, and never really notice that sorrow is slowly feeding off oneself with time until a person‘s compassion is almost devoured, and the sorrow has sprouted out of one’s subconscious and has made itself known.

You see, sorrow has this tendency to hide behind anger until it is deemed safe to come out. Sorrow is the passive, though the more cunning of the two emotions. Slowly but surely, it creeps upon oneself.

And when compassion is beaten black and blue, let us say, there would only be two emotions towering and ruling over oneself. Anger and sorrow. Ticks and leeches.

These can manifest into spite, hopelessness, conceit (yes, conceit can be offspring to these two), lack of confidence, and many other emotions, but in the end, they all branch off of those two main factors.

Our character doesn’t want them. He defies them with vigor, in an attempt to make amends to previous mistakes in several ways---and the ticks and the leeches don’t disappear…because, to be honest, those two emotions were the ones giving him the willpower to fight away the negativity in the first place. If anger and sorrow are, in fact, all one has, there’s simply no way that it can be fought alone, because there is no other resource that can hope to free the character from such a thing.

It’s like trying to make a PB&J sandwich without bread. Without bread, the PB&J would taste repulsive. You wouldn’t be able to get very far without the jelly and the peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth and making you realize that you are an utter sandwich-making failure. That’s sort of what I’m trying to say, here.

(And if you can eat PB&J without bread and not have issues, I commend you. Teach me your ways.)

Though it may seem strange, this person no longer remembers how to do any of the other things it once did accordingly--there‘s no bread left to get the fucking sandwich started. He just knows how to hate others and how to hate himself.

Technically, that’s what anger and sorrow (our ticks and leeches) are in this song. Hatred for others and hatred for oneself.

And so, the song progresses---overruled by anger until about 3:23, where the guitar sinks from angry riffs to a lonely, desolate strum. Ambience take over empty silence; mostly covered by Maynard’s whispers throughout.

This part of the song doesn’t require words--though all that is tangible within the bridge are repetitions of the words “suck me dry”. I know that gives rise to some sexual innuendos, but let’s move away from the posssible blow job and get back to the interpretation.

Practically, at this point in time, it’s sorrow’s turn to scavenge, and it takes over.

When anger finally storms away in rage, sorrow takes shy and tentative steps towards our character and is there to “comfort”. Sorrow is there to whisper words that seem worthless and meaningless for a minute, and then angrily penetrates and stabs much, much harder than the blunt blows that anger dealt upon our character.

The leeches are sucking just about now. From approximately 3:23 to 5:44.

And then…our character stands up again. I would find this the climax (haha, I almost got away with writing “climate”) of the song, where our character is fed up. Really fed up. We’re not talking about the leech, but the character.

“Suck me dry…” Once again, his blood has been bruised and borrowed, his compassion beaten black and blue by the leech. He’s been pestered long enough and he’s off in a fit again, fighting off the sorrow that has brought him down so low.

Anger realizes that this is his chance.

The main riff returns this time, accompanied by strong crashes by the percussion, which were not as heavy as the song comes to a resolution. Rage returns to our character, because sorrow has now provoked him into feeling the same anger that we previously saw in the beginning, and caused him to stand up again---it is anger’s turn to feed.

And the song comes round full circle---starting again at the point where the song had just begun. Ticks and Leeches, to me, is a circle. A cycle that will never end unless another can bring a stop to it.

If you look at it for a minute, Ticks and Leeches seems fairly linked to a song from Undertow---Bottom. If you just turn that song on right now, you’ll probably realize how similar the song is to this interpretation of Ticks and Leeches.

Bottom doesn’t exactly depict the “enemy”, but it really gets it right when it comes to explaining the emotion of our character in Ticks and Leeches through a microscope. The lyrics in Bottom portray what is going through the character’s mind at the time.

As for what T&L can mean with the overall concept of Lateralus, it can range from the concept of bipolarity---which I believe is not as spontaneous as people claim it to be---to several other mental psychoses that can originate from excessive confusion and stress. That probably won’t even begin to cut it.

Or we can take it to the next level (some would call that stretching the concept)---it might be another plead for us to listen to TOOL’s music through a perspective other than the shallow ones that we tend to judge them through at times. It could be anything.

Really, I believe every TOOL song to be a parable that teaches us something. What it can teach is diverse, and it affects people in several different ways. What it means to TOOL might be very different from what it means to you, but if it saves you from making an idiotic decision or something of the sort, then it’s all worth it.

Probably as 10,000 Days is making a desperate attempt to galvanize us and open our eyes to problems forcefully forgotten, maybe Lateralus teaches us to always aim towards personal bliss and contentment, regardless of how fruitless or impossible a task may seem. And the perspectives, subjectively, are fairly lateral, probably giving birth to the name of the album.

*exhales* And that marks the end of my interpretation. :D

dxs
05-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Um, care to share your thoughts?

Yast3r
05-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Please give us a summary of your interpretation as I do not have the time to read it right now. I read the first half of it and I like your thinking, once I have time to read the rest I'll chime in on it.

dxs
05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh, sure.
I'll summarize it sometime this week...I hope. :)

theamazingtool
06-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Please give us a summary of your interpretation as I do not have the time to read it right now. I read the first half of it and I like your thinking, once I have time to read the rest I'll chime in on it.

i second that

Lateralareallofus
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
This is a very interesting interpretation. I never looked at this song in this light. At first i didnt like this song becuase it does seem so out of place on such an uplifting album. But now it makes more sense as to why its there. Of course there are multiple meanings to this song but i think Tool definately had something similar to what you wrote when they composed Ticks and Leeches.

dxs
06-24-2008, 09:46 PM
This is a very interesting interpretation. I never looked at this song in this light. At first i didnt like this song becuase it does seem so out of place on such an uplifting album. But now it makes more sense as to why its there. Of course there are multiple meanings to this song but i think Tool definately had something similar to what you wrote when they composed Ticks and Leeches.

Haha, thank you.

Oh my, I forgot to write a summary for this ;D

Nevertheless, sometimes I wonder if I'm overanalyzing the situation. Haha, some people could suggest that just by looking at the length of the passage.

I always knew that Ticks and Leeches fit in with the album, regardless of how random it seemed to fit under the circumstances and the vibe from all the other songs...because it carried a different vibration from the other hard songs from TOOL's era, and if you compare them, you CAN see the diff.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I like this interpretation, a lot. I've never given ticks and leeches the chance to be multi dimensional like that in my mind, although I never associated it with sexual innuendos either...It only makes sense though, that Tool would create such an artful masterpiece surrounding the elephant in the room, anger. It's what tool used to be all about, and to me, ticks was always their goodbye song to anger. And now it's apparent to me that it's much more than that. This was a very touching read in that it reminds me of my late father, he had some addictions and it turned him violent most of the time and immediately after, overwhelming sorrow. This song now has a whole new level of attachment for me now. Thanks for the eye opener man, way to interpret a Tool song without spitting out random occult spiritual mystic enlightened lingo that no one else really understands at all.

dxs
06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
You're very welcome. I'm happy that I've opened a door for you.

Some people do relate Lateralus as a whole to spiritual things, and it sort of irritates me that they leave it at "the album is spiritual" and just leave it that wadon't bother to think it over much after that.

Spiritual in what?
It gives off the vibe, but how does that help us or contribute?

Lateralus seems to go through a timeline of a human's life, at least, to me.
And Ticks and Leeches was the breaking point, where one can take no more.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 10:28 AM
You're very welcome. I'm happy that I've opened a door for you.

Some people do relate Lateralus as a whole to spiritual things, and it sort of irritates me that they leave it at "the album is spiritual" and just leave it that wadon't bother to think it over much after that.

Spiritual in what?
It gives off the vibe, but how does that help us or contribute?

Lateralus seems to go through a timeline of a human's life, at least, to me.
And Ticks and Leeches was the breaking point, where one can take no more.

To me Lateralus is Tool's definitive self-reflection conquest. The whole album was an obstacle for the members to get through before they could advance into their own peace of mind. To me, the topic of self-reflection is evident throughout every song on lateralus, it's as if these songs were obstacle in the abyss that tool is crossing. I think days is more "spiritual" than lateralus in a sense, because maynard said in an interview that days was more organic as to lateralus being more chemically influenced. Of course the degree of spirituality can be argued for eternities amongst us, but all i'm sayin is that lateralus is almost like a chore, turning around and facing what's wrong with yourself, before creating art about other things.

dxs
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I can agree with you on that as well, for I can understand your viewpoint.
Lateralus seems sort of like putting AEnima under a microscope, and analyzing the smaller problems within the larger ones.
This could, in fact, stretch to the personal issues of the members themselves, and I suppose they hope that others can learn from the experience.

At the same time, though, there seems to be parts in Lateralus where these obstacles are overcome.
And I guess this is where the transition takes effect from Lateralus to 10KD.

10,000 Days seems a bit more...angry, though that's not really the right word to describe it.
It seems like it's overrun with disappointment, but at the same time, inked with promise. There's a chance that we can still break through our OWN barriers.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 11:33 AM
It's like Tool is looking outward instead of inward this time. days is them looking through a telescope, and lateralus is them looking through a microscope. I've always looked at days as a breakthrough point for tool to express their views on higher things only after conquering their inner demons. Like now maynard has a chance to sing about politics, aliens, moving in higher dimensions, the fate of the world in general, rather than singing about anger, evolution, grudges, relationships and enlightenment. Albeit that wings for marie is one of his personal problems, it's more like an ode to his mother rather than self reflection.

dxs
06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
10KD doesn't exactly seem to hint at self-reflection to me, but it seems more like a galvanizing album.

Maybe it IS the fact that they overcame their obstacles to make 10,000 Days a bit more blunt than the rest of the albums, along with adding different elements, topicwise, into their music. Or is it that they're trying to make us overcome our own problems as one? Making us overcome our problems with authority, society, and our way of life. now that they were able to overcome their own?

I guess that brings forth a new change to TOOL's music, one that we can only confirm when the new album comes out, whenever that may be.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
10KD doesn't exactly seem to hint at self-reflection to me, but it seems more like a galvanizing album.

Maybe it IS the fact that they overcame their obstacles to make 10,000 Days a bit more blunt than the rest of the albums, along with adding different elements, topicwise, into their music. Or is it that they're trying to make us overcome our own problems as one? Making us overcome our problems with authority, society, and our way of life. now that they were able to overcome their own?

I guess that brings forth a new change to TOOL's music, one that we can only confirm when the new album comes out, whenever that may be.

I think both are true. Overcoming your own obstacles is a multi-faceted treasure that allows you to make whatever you do afterwards, "more blunt". I'm saying they weren't able to discuss these varied topics seriously until they conquered their basic elements. Also, in return it gives them a chance to try and make us overcome our problems as one.

And what exactly do you mean by galvanizing?

I hope there's a new change in Tool's new album, there always is and I haven't been disappointed so far...

dxs
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
By galvanizing, I mean, eye-opening. An eye-opening album that informs and flushes out doubts and problems and such, and gives rise to new philosophies.

Mm, through their recently gained freedom, they wish to share the rest of it with others...sounds reasonable and pretty plausible.

And you're right; Tool always pleases...every time. :)

Kody27
06-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes they do, yes they do. So what's the next logical step? What does one do when you've overcome your inner-obstacles, then immediately addressed outer-obstacles and progressed to the forefront of the next step in music progression?

dxs
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, actually.

I suppose the new obstacle is getting everyone else to overcome their own.
Until that is solved, they may be at a standstill.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
You think so? Maybe when Tool comes to a standstill they just trip their balls off and go, "Oh yeah." But seriously, the next step in evolution has to be something either a) unheard of and completely unpredictable or b) something way over our heads that most of us won't even like until 10 years from now. of course there are other possibilities but what's most likely?

dxs
06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Haha.

Hm they all seem predictable...
I mean, this is Tool we're talking about...

Maybe, they'll try to break it to the world in a different approach.

Though, at the same time, I believe that Tool isn't trying to target the entire world.
If so, they would have made an effort to go immensely mainstream, where everyone would know their name, and as you've seen, Tool doesn't go on Saturday Night Live and tries to publicize themselves through media and such.

Unless they want to get everyone to know them through their music, I'd guess that it's not their true intention.

Kody27
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Haha.

Hm they all seem predictable...
I mean, this is Tool we're talking about...

Maybe, they'll try to break it to the world in a different approach.

Though, at the same time, I believe that Tool isn't trying to target the entire world.
If so, they would have made an effort to go immensely mainstream, where everyone would know their name, and as you've seen, Tool doesn't go on Saturday Night Live and tries to publicize themselves through media and such.

Unless they want to get everyone to know them through their music, I'd guess that it's not their true intention.

Their true intention most likely lies in performing the Great Work...and in ways that we'll never know they do. Whatever it takes for Tool to do what they were meant to do on this Earth, I think they'll figure it out and do it. Obviously they know they're audience is growing, there sounds reach out to millions now so we're all listening and they know it. Knowing this, Maynard will probably piss in all of our faces. And Danny will laugh.

dxs
06-26-2008, 09:06 PM
And Adam will sigh.
And Justin will put on his flip-flops. Yes, I see it.

We should remind Maynard to zip up afterwards. It seems like him to forget.

Obviously, they already know what they must do.
However, I'm unsure on whether they know what their next move is.
Have they had it planned out from the start?
Or are they improvising?
Improvising actually leads to better results, most of the time, after careful planning.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 06:09 AM
I've heard rumors of a surreal movie and a soundtrack, actually adam said something about it on an internet site or something. That would be the next step in evolution, a band moving up to the movie industry...Hell Tool might slowly take over every industry until they've depleted all the media resources, then what, then they'll HAVE to do something live and new to keep up with the changes. i don't know, they'll probably just rot and go downhill from here.

ufopancakes
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
If they keep things moving, and they come back to the table and not let petty ego disputes get between them... I don't see them ever going downhill.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
If they keep things moving, and they come back to the table and not let petty ego disputes get between them... I don't see them ever going downhill.

Yes, but they are human. So let's hope you're right!

dxs
06-27-2008, 01:05 PM
I've heard rumors of a surreal movie and a soundtrack, actually adam said something about it on an internet site or something. That would be the next step in evolution, a band moving up to the movie industry...Hell Tool might slowly take over every industry until they've depleted all the media resources, then what, then they'll HAVE to do something live and new to keep up with the changes. i don't know, they'll probably just rot and go downhill from here.

Adam has definitely got the potential.
If it does happen, not only will he get the support of Tool fans, but he'll eventually be known around by the people who watch the movie if it becomes a hit.

I hope, though, that it's not too much work for them. It's probably why Tool takes its sweet time before releasing another album, if not for letting their message from the previous one sink in.

A Perfect Circle supposedly quit, and judging by their myspace, it's going to stay that way.

dxs
06-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Do they seem like the kind?
They seem to work in such good harmony, filling up where the other left off.
I think they can make it through, and if there's anything that will break them up, it would most likely be their tedium of getting the message through.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 02:18 PM
That sucks to think that it'd be our fault if Tool broke up, just because our society is too hard headed for change. I don't think even America's ignorance can extinguish the flame of Tool's inspiration.

dxs
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
That sucks to think that it'd be our fault if Tool broke up, just because our society is too hard headed for change. I don't think even America's ignorance can extinguish the flame of Tool's inspiration.

Hopefully not.
It does get them quite upset, however.

Then again, hinting from The Patient, they'll hold it out as long as they need to, regardless of how hard the journey is.
Shouldn't we all press onward?

Kody27
06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
They've said they'll continue making music together until they die.

Doesn't mean they'll release or perform it live, though. :|

Actually they said that Tool would die as soon as they lost the ability to communicate or compromise with each other, or something to that effect. I don't know, look it up in the revolver mag because i can't remember word for word.

Kody27
06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Ok well I don't have my issue of it handy here, but I do specifically remember either Adam or maynard saying something to that effect, what was it exactly?

ufopancakes
06-28-2008, 02:16 PM

I think they acknowledge that many of their fans 'get it'.

dxs
06-28-2008, 03:35 PM
No, they didn't.

It would feel even stranger if a member died.
Though I still don't think that would mark the end.

Maybe I'm overestimating them...?

Rolo
06-28-2008, 06:43 PM
... and if there's anything that will break them up, it would most likely be their tedium of getting the message through.

Al Jourgensen once said that Ministry made there best albums in the periods when there was a Bush in charge (Bush Sr. -> Psalm 69, Bush Jr. -> Animositisomina & the later albums). Now that the George W. era is coming to an end, Ministry stopped.

dxs
06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Hm.
Bush Jr. is still out there.

Rolo
06-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Untill november or so? I don't believe he's coming back after that.

Maybe if his brother Jeb wants to run for candidate in 2012, Al would see new inspiration :)

Wait. Did i say 2012? Shit! Mayans were right! End of the world X(

dxs
06-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Anything's the end of the world if a Bush is in it...

Rolo
06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, it seems like a snowball effect; George Bush Sr. invaded Kuwait in an attempt to stop Saddam but didn't go to Iraq to kill 'em. George W. Bush Jr. invaded Iraq and killed Saddam.

What would Jeb do?

Inner_Eulogy
07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
A lot of the people that speak about Ticks and Leeches often feel one or the other for this song---love or hatred. Some people crank it up, whereas others tend to condemn the track to the powerful “skip” button without a second thought. It all depends on the listener, and how much the song means to them.

As of yesterday, I was viewing a thread that discussed songs that were temporarily dubbed as “fuck you” songs. Now, those that fit in such a category included the TOOL songs that were often accompanied with aggressive riffs and a shouting, angry Maynard. Perfect examples would include songs like Hooker With A Penis, Jerk-off, and---you guessed it---Ticks and Leeches.

The passive hostility and lack of interest toward the song that I often crashed into across several threads and profiles baffled me somewhat. I knew that some people, I'll use Inner_Eulogy as an example, didn’t click with the song too well because:

I perfectly understand this viewpoint, along with the viewpoints of many other toolnavy members that might not be too fond of Ticks and Leeches for reasons similar or different to the one previously stated.

But at the same time, I continue to think that the lyrics of Ticks and Leeches are often underrated and overlooked; just taken as words of rage and nothing more---“Is this what you wanted? Is this what you had in mind? Cuz this this is what you're getting. I hope you choke.”---rather than something more profound and meaningful.

Ticks and Leeches had always been a song that I treasured, not by the fact that it was heavy, per se, but because of the way that TOOL so intricately and successfully managed to balance out two important elements in this song---broadly put as “anger” and “sorrow”. This amazed me. Few artists could balance out such two elements in such a perfect method---much less express it in a way that the vibration of these two powerful emotions could be perceived, understood, and moved all at once.

Because the bridge of this song leaves me bereft of anything to say besides the fact that the song, through emotional means, should be throwing wads of emotion at you every time you hear it. Very hard.

The emotion within this song is so powerful its nearly overwhelming. If you look at the beginning of the song---the buildup from Danny’s drum beat as it ascends to the lyrics…it begins with rage. It makes you believe that rage is all that our character (which we will use for several scenarios) is currently feeling.

And some people may have been fooled into believing that the entire song continues in such fashion.

Well, that‘s what the song hints at, at first. But what we all must take into consideration is, in fact, the words:“My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter; beat my compassion black and blue.”

If we summoned up our most shallow thinking before those set of lyrics turned up in the song, chances are we’d think that so-and-so is probably feeding off our character, and our character is pissed as hell. But with the coming of these lyrics, there should at least be a little lightbulb in your head that might inform you that the song has taken a drastic, drastic turn.

These set of lyrics means that, not only is so and so feeding off our character…but he is feeding him in possibly an emotional way. And this should immediately make one think that sorrow is soon to ascend. With anger comes sorrow; it is law.

Sorrow is an outcome of anger---no one likes to be angry a lot of the time, even if someone may be proud of a reputation of being a hothead. One might feel angry all the time, and never really notice that sorrow is slowly feeding off oneself with time until a person‘s compassion is almost devoured, and the sorrow has sprouted out of one’s subconscious and has made itself known.

You see, sorrow has this tendency to hide behind anger until it is deemed safe to come out. Sorrow is the passive, though the more cunning of the two emotions. Slowly but surely, it creeps upon oneself.

And when compassion is beaten black and blue, let us say, there would only be two emotions towering and ruling over oneself. Anger and sorrow. Ticks and leeches.

These can manifest into spite, hopelessness, conceit (yes, conceit can be offspring to these two), lack of confidence, and many other emotions, but in the end, they all branch off of those two main factors.

Our character doesn’t want them. He defies them with vigor, in an attempt to make amends to previous mistakes in several ways---and the ticks and the leeches don’t disappear…because, to be honest, those two emotions were the ones giving him the willpower to fight away the negativity in the first place. If anger and sorrow are, in fact, all one has, there’s simply no way that it can be fought alone, because there is no other resource that can hope to free the character from such a thing.

It’s like trying to make a PB&J sandwich without bread. Without bread, the PB&J would taste repulsive. You wouldn’t be able to get very far without the jelly and the peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth and making you realize that you are an utter sandwich-making failure. That’s sort of what I’m trying to say, here.

(And if you can eat PB&J without bread and not have issues, I commend you. Teach me your ways.)

Though it may seem strange, this person no longer remembers how to do any of the other things it once did accordingly--there‘s no bread left to get the fucking sandwich started. He just knows how to hate others and how to hate himself.

Technically, that’s what anger and sorrow (our ticks and leeches) are in this song. Hatred for others and hatred for oneself.

And so, the song progresses---overruled by anger until about 3:23, where the guitar sinks from angry riffs to a lonely, desolate strum. Ambience take over empty silence; mostly covered by Maynard’s whispers throughout.

This part of the song doesn’t require words--though all that is tangible within the bridge are repetitions of the words “suck me dry”. I know that gives rise to some sexual innuendos, but let’s move away from the posssible blow job and get back to the interpretation.

Practically, at this point in time, it’s sorrow’s turn to scavenge, and it takes over.

When anger finally storms away in rage, sorrow takes shy and tentative steps towards our character and is there to “comfort”. Sorrow is there to whisper words that seem worthless and meaningless for a minute, and then angrily penetrates and stabs much, much harder than the blunt blows that anger dealt upon our character.

The leeches are sucking just about now. From approximately 3:23 to 5:44.

And then…our character stands up again. I would find this the climax (haha, I almost got away with writing “climate”) of the song, where our character is fed up. Really fed up. We’re not talking about the leech, but the character.

“Suck me dry…” Once again, his blood has been bruised and borrowed, his compassion beaten black and blue by the leech. He’s been pestered long enough and he’s off in a fit again, fighting off the sorrow that has brought him down so low.

Anger realizes that this is his chance.

The main riff returns this time, accompanied by strong crashes by the percussion, which were not as heavy as the song comes to a resolution. Rage returns to our character, because sorrow has now provoked him into feeling the same anger that we previously saw in the beginning, and caused him to stand up again---it is anger’s turn to feed.

And the song comes round full circle---starting again at the point where the song had just begun. Ticks and Leeches, to me, is a circle. A cycle that will never end unless another can bring a stop to it.

If you look at it for a minute, Ticks and Leeches seems fairly linked to a song from Undertow---Bottom. If you just turn that song on right now, you’ll probably realize how similar the song is to this interpretation of Ticks and Leeches.

Bottom doesn’t exactly depict the “enemy”, but it really gets it right when it comes to explaining the emotion of our character in Ticks and Leeches through a microscope. The lyrics in Bottom portray what is going through the character’s mind at the time.

As for what T&L can mean with the overall concept of Lateralus, it can range from the concept of bipolarity---which I believe is not as spontaneous as people claim it to be---to several other mental psychoses that can originate from excessive confusion and stress. That probably won’t even begin to cut it.

Or we can take it to the next level (some would call that stretching the concept)---it might be another plead for us to listen to TOOL’s music through a perspective other than the shallow ones that we tend to judge them through at times. It could be anything.

Really, I believe every TOOL song to be a parable that teaches us something. What it can teach is diverse, and it affects people in several different ways. What it means to TOOL might be very different from what it means to you, but if it saves you from making an idiotic decision or something of the sort, then it’s all worth it.

Probably as 10,000 Days is making a desperate attempt to galvanize us and open our eyes to problems forcefully forgotten, maybe Lateralus teaches us to always aim towards personal bliss and contentment, regardless of how fruitless or impossible a task may seem. And the perspectives, subjectively, are fairly lateral, probably giving birth to the name of the album.

*exhales* And that marks the end of my interpretation. :D

Holy novel batman!

Inner_Eulogy
07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Um, care to share your thoughts?

Haha, no kiddin

dxs
07-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Invade all of the Middle East to kill Iraq itself.

He is pretty dumb after all.

It's a family disorder.
Poor bloke.

dxs
07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy novel batman!

The plain white screen of Microsoft Works prevent me from limiting my typing....

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2008, 05:13 AM
The plain white screen of Microsoft Works prevent me from limiting my typing....

Sounds more like a personal problem...so tell me, how does it make you feel?

dxs
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
The white screens make me feel nice.

I enjoy the blinking of the cursor, and I just let it all out.

By the end, I realize I have about three or four pages of typing in the five-minute period that I was exposed to it.

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
The white screens make me feel nice.

I enjoy the blinking of the cursor, and I just let it all out.

By the end, I realize I have about three or four pages of typing in the five-minute period that I was exposed to it.

So what'd Yas get probed for anyway?

Rolo
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
So what'd Yas get probed for anyway?

I think explaining that again, is repetitive

Rolo
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Read this then (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=103189)

That's why he and 5th eye got probed, imo

dxs
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm still keeping some contact with the poor guy.
He doesn't really like tdn anymore. He already contacted dan, got ignored, and doesn't really care about getting unprobed anymore.

He doesn't think it's repetitive.

dxs
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Yast3r had two repetitive threads---the second was about Opiate being too repetitive.

that's the one that got them screwed. I think dan deleted all their posts, because they aren't there anymore.

I was there when it happened, actually.

Rolo
07-03-2008, 04:55 AM
Yast3r had two repetitive threads---the second was about Opiate being too repetitive.

that's the one that got them screwed. I think dan deleted all their posts, because they aren't there anymore.

I was there when it happened, actually.

Damn, missed that :(

Inner_Eulogy
07-03-2008, 07:09 AM
I think explaining that again, is repetitive

I don't think it's repetitive

Inner_Eulogy
07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Read this then (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=103189)

That's why he and 5th eye got probed, imo

Haha, that's too funny.

Rolo
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Last post by Dan (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2495765&postcount=117) seems to explain it in a way. They both got probed simultaneously.

base metal
07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Good Post, OP.

My take - it's those energy predators and parasites that can "drain patience and drain vitality". We can't help but be affected at times, but in the end, it is in our best interest to overcome any vulnerability to such negative forces.

dxs
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Last post by Dan (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2495765&postcount=117) seems to explain it in a way. They both got probed simultaneously.

Yep, that was the one :)

Inner_Eulogy
07-07-2008, 05:05 AM
I don't think it's why he and 5th eye got probed

I think that's repetitive ;-)

dxs
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Good Post, OP.

My take - it's those energy predators and parasites that can "drain patience and drain vitality". We can't help but be affected at times, but in the end, it is in our best interest to overcome any vulnerability to such negative forces.

That sounded very heroic. :)

Inner_Eulogy
07-08-2008, 05:04 AM
It may be, but repetitiveness isn't why he and 5th Eye got probed

Well then why would you repeat it, now it's getting repetitive

Yast3r
07-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Stop bringing up this situation guys, it's getting repetitive.

Yast3r
07-08-2008, 04:26 PM
My new avatar is the most badass one ever to grace these forums. Agreed?

dxs
07-08-2008, 08:56 PM

It's very sexy.

Yast3r
07-09-2008, 07:00 AM
What do you like to picture him saying?

dxs
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
To be honest, I don't picture him saying anything.
Just staring off, with a wide suspicious grin on his face...:D

Inner_Eulogy
07-09-2008, 09:38 AM

Too chipper for me

Inner_Eulogy
07-09-2008, 09:38 AM
What do you like to picture him saying?

"I swallowed my gum"

Yast3r
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
He doesn't look so 'chipper' now, does he?

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2008, 05:01 AM

Haha, oohhh-kayyyy

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't think it's the most badass one ever to grace these forums.

Rivek, you've obviously got a very clouded perspective on what is 'badass'. You disappoint me. :(

dxs
07-10-2008, 05:57 AM

Ew, did something pms on your face?

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Not the effect I was going for, but I guess we can pretend he was sitting under a PMSing dino. :)

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Not the effect I was going for, but I guess we can pretend he was sitting under a PMSing dino. :)

Agreed. ;)

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 06:06 AM
He does look like he just took a mouthful of something, doesn't he?

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:08 AM
You know, it also looks like Advil.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 06:10 AM
I don't see that connection. :(

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Advil's that nice red color.
Maybe your avatar, after getting sat on by a PMSing dinosaur, refused to take his Advil, and someone threw it at his face.

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Rivek, you've obviously got a very clouded perspective on what is 'badass'. You disappoint me. :(

I dunno man, I've seen better myself. It reminds me of Pokemon, which I don't like at all.

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I dunno man, I've seen better myself. It reminds me of Pokemon, which I don't like at all.

What's with people relating any big-eyed cartoon monster on a Pokemon?

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
What's with people relating any big-eyed cartoon monster on a Pokemon?

Dunno, just does

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm on the hunt for a new icon, but I can't seem to find one. You guys should do the labor for me and I'll just pick which one I like best.

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:56 AM
What kind of icon you hunting for?

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Preferably one that is awesome? Lol I don't know. I just need someone to find me one that looks good and I'll more than likely use it.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:19 AM
https://stashbox.org/156165/Evil-penguin.gif

Try this.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:20 AM
http://stashbox.org/156165/Evil-penguin.gif

Actually no, try this.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Thank you very much sir. I'm using it now.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I noticed.
I used stashbox to upload, but really, I got the penguin from the same site I got the nazi gollum.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:35 AM
His chainsaws a little clean, but what can you do.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Put blood on it.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Needs something more than that. Something to make him seem more crazy than a penguin with a chainsaw.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Mussolini suit.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Maybe a simple bow tie will do the trick. What color/design should it have?

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Blue with yellow polkadots.
Maybe he should have someone's head on the chainsaw.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe my previous avatars face, being exploded by the chainsaw?

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:58 AM
That would be great...!

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm starting to work on him now. Wish him a successful surgery.

dxs
07-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I have no idea what I will see in the course of 5-10 minutes.
But I wish it luck.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 08:26 AM
May I present to you my new icon, which takes this: http://toolnavy.com/customavatars/avatar38104_5.gif

and turns it into this: http://stashbox.org/156201/happyguy.jpg

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 03:50 AM
I don't think I disappoint you

I know. I've got a soft spot in my heart for you. :">

Rolo
07-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Tool Dating Network (=repetitive, btw)

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Tool Dating Network (=repetitive, btw)

I don't think it's repetitive.

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, me and Rivek don't think it's repetitive.

dxs
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't understand how it's repetitive.

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't understand how it's repetitive.

That's cause it's not. Well at least, I don't think it's repetitive.

dxs
07-11-2008, 09:14 PM
May I present to you my new icon, which takes this: http://toolnavy.com/customavatars/avatar38104_5.gif

and turns it into this: http://stashbox.org/156201/happyguy.jpg

D:< You lack Rolo's amazing linking ability.

dxs
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
That's cause it's not. Well at least, I don't think it's repetitive.

Well, how does Rolo think it's repetitive?

Rolo
07-12-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't Rivek it's thinkpetitive

Rolo
07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
D:< You lack Rolo's amazing linking ability.

:)

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 06:09 AM
I don't lack his amazing linking abilities.... He's just had longer to master his craft. :(

dxs
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
tit

Rubb.

dxs
07-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't lack his amazing linking abilities.... He's just had longer to master his craft. :(

Rolo, how long did it take you to master your craft?

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 01:04 PM
I think it took him the full 2 years before we joined. He practiced daily from 2006-2008. He's what you may call a linkage veteran.

dxs
07-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Rolo, that's so cool!
Do you think he fought in any linkage wars?

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Probably one or two. They're bound to happen every now and then.

Rolo
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I think it took him the full 2 years before we joined. He practiced daily from 2006-2008. He's what you may call a linkage veteran.

Actually, i started posting on this forum less than a year ago. I joined TDN after seeing Tool at Ahoy Rotterdam in ´06, just because i wanted to post about the concert, which i never did. After that i didn´t pay much attention to this until i accidently came back. Shit happens i guess..

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Actually, i started posting on this forum less than a year ago. I joined TDN after seeing Tool at Ahoy Rotterdam in ´06, just because i wanted to post about the concert, which i never did. After that i didn´t pay much attention to this until i accidently came back. Shit happens i guess..

Shh. Rolo, you're ruining the illusion!

dxs
07-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Shh. Rolo, you're ruining the illusion!

I know, seriously.
Brag about how the blood of foes were splattered that night after you accidentally massacred fifty people by linking them to a bad porno.

Yast3r
07-13-2008, 06:07 AM
I know, seriously.
Brag about how the blood of foes were splattered that night after you accidentally massacred fifty people by linking them to a bad porno.

I think he also hit them with a Rick Roll... it was devastating.

dxs
07-13-2008, 07:16 AM
I think he also hit them with a Rick Roll... it was devastating.

>.< lmfao

Inner_Eulogy
07-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Holy hell

Rolo
07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Would i ever? (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=onrzgB_-0sM&feature=related)

Yast3r
07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Would i ever? (http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=onrzgB_-0sM&feature=related)

I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!

Rolo
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down!

Don't wanna get you curious but you don't even come close.

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Shit. I dared not listen to see if I was correct.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
It's a horrible song I say

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
It's a horrible song I say

There's no doubt about that.

Rolo
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL, I knew that :)

Rickroll #2

Rolo
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Appreciated :)

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 05:23 AM
LOL, I knew that :)

Rickroll #2

What the hell's a rickroll? I've heard people say it a few times on here

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 06:44 AM
What the hell's a rickroll? I've heard people say it a few times on here

Its origins come from an image of a duck on wheels. People would say that they are linking to something, and then link to the duck on wheels and they'd say "You got Duck Roll'd". After that someone began linking to Rick Astley's music video for Never Gunna Give You Up. So you'd always have to be careful what you click on because nothing is worse than a Rick Roll.

Also, a few days ago on the Daily Show, Correspondent Jon Oliver Rickrolled Jon Stewart when he drew attention to the monitors.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Its origins come from an image of a duck on wheels. People would say that they are linking to something, and then link to the duck on wheels and they'd say "You got Duck Roll'd". After that someone began linking to Rick Astley's music video for Never Gunna Give You Up. So you'd always have to be careful what you click on because nothing is worse than a Rick Roll.

Also, a few days ago on the Daily Show, Correspondent Jon Oliver Rickrolled Jon Stewart when he drew attention to the monitors.

Umm...yeah, that's just fucking retarded

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Umm...yeah, that's just fucking retarded

Indeed it is.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Indeed it is.

Damn Swedes

Rolo
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Damn Rick

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Damn rolling.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Damn stupid pseudonyms

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Damn stupid synonyms.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
And donut fuck those acronyms

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 11:56 AM
WTF? Y not? TTYL, I G2G.

Rolo
07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Damn postpumps

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Mmmpphhh!!! **squeezes one out**

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Actually, duck/rickrolling is pretty hilarious as long as you're not the one that got duped into it.

I concur. It happens a lot on Digg when you're interested in a news story, someone comments and says "Oh check out this expansion of it" and then you click and get rickrolled.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Must be something for the internet teenager type *shrug* Sounds lame to me, like tightrolling your pants back in the late 80's

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Must be something for the internet teenager type *shrug* Sounds lame to me, like tightrolling your pants back in the late 80's

It's more cooler than that. It's like... right up there with pokemon cards and battle pogs.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow, I stand corrected and yet completely reinforced

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Wow, I stand corrected and yet completely reinforced

The one time you refuse to quote, you bump off onto another page and now I've not a clue as to what we're talking about.

Good going.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
The one time you refuse to quote, you bump off onto another page and now I've not a clue as to what we're talking about.

Good going.

You forget so quickly young grasshoppa', we'z talking about the lame ass rickroll, ya' heard

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh right. I get confused when I'm hopping through a million threads containing different conversations with the same people. :P

Rolo
07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh right. I get confused when I'm hopping through a million threads containing different conversations with the same people. :P

Don't overestimate yourself. No more than 691, judging by your postcount ;)

dxs
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM

correction - 705.

Yast3r, you post hella fast in a two-day time span.

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 07:31 PM
correction - 705.

Yast3r, you post hella fast in a two-day time span.

I had to catch up to you DXS. We once were equal and then my ban placed you on a whole new level compared to me. I had no choice but to push myself to my limits and really try and pass you. ;)

dxs
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I had to catch up to you DXS. We once were equal and then my ban placed you on a whole new level compared to me. I had no choice but to push myself to my limits and really try and pass you. ;)

Wow, so it's a competition, is it? lol

dxs
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Lol, they're so cute when they have their cock-off about post count

This is the first time we've had a cock-off...:(

XP
Spoiler.

Rolo
07-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Wow, so it's a competition, is it? lol

Don't wanna push anything, but i wonder who will post 1,000 first...

Yast3r
07-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Don't wanna push anything, but i wonder who will post 1,000 first...

Most definately DXS. She finds actual threads to post in and generates real conversations. I'm already sick of talking about Tool so I ignore all those threads.

dxs
07-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Most definately DXS. She finds actual threads to post in and generates real conversations. I'm already sick of talking about Tool so I ignore all those threads.

Well, every now and then.
Most of my posts are in these fine convos, and Yast does a good job of catching up to me. O.o

I bet you're gonna beat me by one post.

I also chill in Interact if there's something good, but not often.

Speaking of Interact, have you guys heard of toolquarter?
After I informed Interact of it, it seems that everyone's trying to find a way to sabotage it (for good reason). But it's difficult. That forum sucks Tool's cock really hard.

I mean, if we like Tool, they love it a thousandfold. So much that it's not even fanship---they can't even think for themselves, damn it.

So much for questioning authority. What happened to the words of Maynard?

Yast3r
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I mean, if we like Tool, they love it a thousandfold. So much that it's not even fanship---they can't even think for themselves, damn it.

So much for questioning authority. What happened to the words of Maynard?

I think some of those crazies jumped here for a while but Inner got rid of them. :)

Rolo
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
You meant the whining Toolies who can't accept a little flaming?

Yast3r
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM

That was most definitely them. I forget what the one guys name was but I had to turn him onto ignore he got so bad. I wonder if he's still around...

dxs
07-19-2008, 02:25 PM
That was most definitely them. I forget what the one guys name was but I had to turn him onto ignore he got so bad. I wonder if he's still around...

Fatsybox?

dxs
07-19-2008, 02:25 PM

They roam around Toolquarter and they multiply in number.

Rolo
07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Fatsybox?

No, Iamthemanyesiam, or something like that

Yast3r
07-19-2008, 02:29 PM
No, Iamthemanyesiam, or something like that

YES! IamThemA. He was by far the biggest crazy to ever grace these forums.

dxs
07-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I've seen his tracks but not significant ones.

Rolo
07-19-2008, 02:35 PM
YES! IamThemA. He was by far the biggest crazy to ever grace these forums.

You never witnessed the rise and fall of Mr. Styx.
Don't search for him; he's on global ignore from what i've heard...

dxs
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
:D
Okay.

Describe his antics.

Rolo
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Meth-head. No input whatsoever not even off topic. I think I_E can descibe the dude better that i can.

blake_bergeron
07-19-2008, 03:23 PM
You never witnessed the rise and fall of Mr. Styx.
Don't search for him; he's on global ignore from what i've heard...

how many different names did he/she have???

Rolo
07-20-2008, 10:25 AM
♫ Who you gonna call? ♫

♫ "STYXBUSTERS!" ♫

Rolo
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Just call me Dr. Rolo "Ray" Stantz, Dr. Rivek Venkman

dxs
07-20-2008, 12:36 PM
♫ Who you gonna call? ♫

♫ "STYXBUSTERS!" ♫

hahahaha

dxs
07-20-2008, 12:36 PM
hahahaha

I apologize, that was not a good contribution.

blake_bergeron
07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I maintain that Styx was a half-braindead racist who deserved the drum-out he got, and that iamthema was deluded beyond belief.

well you managed to rid tdn of a racist... and i think we can all thank you for that... people who are still racist and sexist and any other -ist need to leave...

Yast3r
07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Says the age-ist

Says the guitar-ist.

Yast3r
07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Well played, sir

Thank you very much captain.

dxs
07-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Well played, sir

Agreed. :D

dxs
07-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Anyway, um...let me start another topic to get us all talking...

Mmm...
What color are the shoes you wore just recently?

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Mmm...

White. All my shoes I've ever owned were white.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 09:28 AM

Mmm...

brown... they were dress shoes... i had to get all spiffed up to go to court this morning to finalize some stuff with my adoption... our son is officially ours now... WOOHOO!!!

Rolo
07-21-2008, 09:33 AM
brown... they were dress shoes... i had to get all spiffed up to go to court this morning to finalize some stuff with my adoption... our son is officially ours now... WOOHOO!!!

Congrats.

Rolo
07-21-2008, 09:34 AM
White. All my shoes I've ever owned were white.

Is that some sorta anxiety?

Rolo
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
On topic; brown.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats.

thanks, man... we're really excited!!!

dxs
07-21-2008, 09:38 AM
I wore Vans. :)

Off the wall canvas.

dxs
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
thanks, man... we're really excited!!!

I bet those brown shoes had something to do with it. :)

Rolo
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM

LMAO

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM

not really... they're uncomfortable as hell... you know, they're my 'special occasion' shoes...

Rolo
07-21-2008, 09:45 AM
not really... they're uncomfortable as hell... you know, they're my 'special occasion' shoes...

"Look swell but hurt like hell"-shoes?

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
"Look swell but hurt like hell"-shoes?

indeed... bad thing is they don't even look that swell... but they are brown leather so they are considered "nice"...

dxs
07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Love is pain...xD

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Love is pain...xD

that's what a lot of women go through apparently... from dresses to shoes i've seen some pretty uncomfortable pieces... true they may look good, but if they're uncomfortable, whats the point??? women rely on the shallowness of men waaaay too often... and then end up complaining about how shallow they are... irony...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Lets move on from such a stupid topic.

Socks, discuss.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Lets move on from such a stupid topic.

Socks, discuss.

seriously??? why not sock suspenders... thats a much better topic i think...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
seriously??? why not sock suspenders... thats a much better topic i think...

Most definitely not. Socks are just so.... thrilling. Sock suspenders? Total party killer.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Most definitely not. Socks are just so.... thrilling. Sock suspenders? Total party killer.

not if thats all you're wearing...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
not if thats all you're wearing...

It doesn't matter if you're wearing anything else. Everyone's eyes always gravitate to a nice pair of socks.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
It doesn't matter if you're wearing anything else. Everyone's eyes always gravitate to a nice pair of socks.

not if you're wearing pants... or boobie tassels...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
not if you're wearing pants... or boobie tassels...

If you can see the bulge of a sock, your eyes are going to be locked there.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 11:58 AM
If you can see the bulge of a sock, your eyes are going to be locked there.

a tube sock maybe...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
a tube sock maybe...

Don't get me going with soccer socks.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Don't get me going with soccer socks.

the ones you can hike up to your balls??? no thanks... they're just thick stockings without the cup support...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:20 PM
the ones you can hike up to your balls??? no thanks... they're just thick stockings without the cup support...

I bet if you made a website of cats wearing socks it'd be one of the most visited sites in the world.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I bet if you made a website of cats wearing socks it'd be one of the most visited sites in the world.

depends on how it was marketed... you would get a lot of sexual predators or a lot of old cat ladies... or both... thats a scary collection of people...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:22 PM
depends on how it was marketed... you would get a lot of sexual predators or a lot of old cat ladies... or both... thats a scary collection of people...

So in other words over half of the internet's population?

Rolo
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM

A suggestion;

Pussystockings.com

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
A suggestion;

Pussystockings.com

Lol, I like it. It has a very nice ring to it and I think it'd get alot of accidental hits.

Rolo
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Lol, I like it. It has a very nice ring to it and I think it'd get alot of accidental hits.

I haven't checked if there already is a site named that way, though

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I haven't checked if there already is a site named that way, though

Use godaddy's domain checker when you have the time. If you've got 10 dollars, buy and park it. I'm sure someone one day will want to buy it off of you.

Rolo
07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Use godaddy's domain checker when you have the time. If you've got 10 dollars, buy and park it. I'm sure someone one day will want to buy it off of you.

Damn shame i only have euro's... :(

Oh well, you can have it.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Damn shame i only have euro's... :(

But I've not got the resources currently and someones sure to snatch it up before I can make the purchase. :(

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
A suggestion;

Pussystockings.com

now thats how you market something...

Rolo
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Use godaddy's domain checker when you have the time. If you've got 10 dollars, buy and park it. I'm sure someone one day will want to buy it off of you.Damn shame i only have euro's... :(

But I've not got the resources currently and someones sure to snatch it up before I can make the purchase. :( now thats how you market something...

If Blake's got $10 ...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 12:59 PM
If Blake's got $10 ...

We'll split the ad revenue and business 3 ways? I've got a cat who can be our first model as well.

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 01:00 PM
We'll split the ad revenue and business 3 ways? I've got a cat who can be our first model as well.

and my dad has got tons of suck suspenders...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
and my dad has got tons of suck suspenders...

I don't know what those are, but they sound like they can be the inspiration for some sort of ****-erotic fetish?

Rolo
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Good idea;

Rolo; creative thinktank

Yast3r; Feline pimp

Blake; benefactor

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Good idea;

Rolo; creative thinktank

Yast3r; Feline pimp

Blake; benefactor

can my title be "bonefactor"??? since i don't have much to give except my wicked good looks...

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Good idea;

Rolo; creative thinktank

Yast3r; Feline pimp

Blake; benefactor

It was my idea therefor making me the thinktank. You simply came up with the name so you can be involved in the marketing. You'd also be the PR and manager of the project.

Rolo
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
It was my idea therefor making me the thinktank. You simply came up with the name so you can be involved in the marketing. You'd also be the PR and manager of the project.

Who created the actual website name again?

Rolo
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
can my title be "bonefactor"??? since i don't have much to give except my wicked good looks...

Pics or your lying

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Who created the actual website name again?

You. :(

blake_bergeron
07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Pics or your lying

http://trig.com/blake_bergeron/gallery/detailed/625398?folder=293285

i don't look like that anymore... i shaved my head about two months ago... its just too hot for all that hair...

Rolo
07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
You. :(

Tadaa!

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Pics or your lying

His looks oddly resemble Jesus. I saw him from his Trig profile that he linked to yesterday.

Rolo
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
http://trig.com/blake_bergeron/gallery/detailed/625398?folder=293285

i don't look like that anymore... i shaved my head about two months ago... its just too hot for all that hair...

We need a girl to discuss the "hotness"

DXS, what do ya think?

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=104555 <- Valid discussion opportunities within this thread. :)

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I wear black shoes.

Always do.

They don't look like dirty pieces of shit as quickly as white shoes do.

I wear Doctor Scholl's Wal-Mart shoes. I'm a pretty big deal.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
You gellin'?

I'm gellin' mc-melon.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm not gellin', but I'm a felon.

What did you steal and what are ya' sellin'?

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I stole some gold, but I ain't sellin,
I'ma sit on it while the price is swellin.

Don't worry bout' coppers cause I ain't tellin'.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
You bettah not be talkin to da coppers
or I be poppin yo ass like orville redenbacher

Don't come at me wit' threats, you're just a big talker

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I ain't got time to talk between makin these dollas

What exactly did dollas rhyme with?

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
talker - dollar

it's called slant rhyme, and it's done by people who have more talent in rhyming things than shel silverstein or trent reznor

I like trent, but c'mon, FUCKING EVERYTHING DOESN'T HAVE TO END IN THE SAME THREE LETTERS

A Millionaire,
I'm a Young Money Millionaire, tougher than Nigerian hair,
My criteria compared to your career this isn't fair,
I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed...
Through the pencil and leak on the sheet of the tablet in my mind,
Cause I don't write shit cause I ain't got time,
Cause my seconds, minutes, hours go to the all mighty dollar,
And the all mighty power of that cha cha cha chopper,
Sister, Brother, Son, Daughter, Father motha f**k a copper,
Got da maserati dancin on the bridge pussy poppin,
Tell the coppers... hahahaha you can't catch em, you can't stop em,
I go by them goon rules if you can't beat em then you pop em,
You can't man em then you mop em,
You can't stand em then you drop em,
You pop em cause we pop em like Orville Redenbacher,

[Verse 2:]
A milli in here a milli in there
Sicilian bitch with long hair
with coconut Derierre
Like smokin the thinest air I open the Lamborghini
Hopin them crackers see like look at dat bastard Weezy
Hes a beast, hes a dog, hes the muthfukin problem
Ok your a goon but what's a goon to a goblin
Nothin nothin you ain't scarin nothin
On some ****** bullshit call em dennis rodman
Call me what you want bitch call me on my Sidekick
Never answer when it's private damn I hate a shy bitch
Don't you hate a shy bitch yea I ate a shy bitch
And she ain't shy nomore she changed her name to my bitch
Yea nigga that's my bitch so when she ask for the Money when you through don't be surprised, bitch
It ain't trickin if u got it
But u like a bitch with no ass, u ain't got shit
Muthafuka I'm Ill, not sick
And I'm ok, but my watch sick
Yea my drop sick
Yea my glock sick
And my knot thick
I'm it

Muthafuka I'm I'll...

[Verse 3:]
They say I'm rappin like BIG jay, and tupac,
Andre 3000 where is erika badu at
Who dat
Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man
Who that wanna do dat boy ya knew dat you da Swallow
And I be da shit now u got loose bowels
I don't owe you like two vowels
But I would like for u to pay me by the hour
And I'd rather be pushing flowers
Then to be in the pen sharing showers
Tony told us this world was ours
And the Bible told us if the girl was sour
Don't play in her garden and don't smell her flower
Call me Mr. Carter or Mr. Lawn Mower
Boy I got so many bitches like I'm Mike Lowry
Even Gwen Stefani said she couldn't doubt me
Muthafuka I say life ain't shit without me
Chrome lips pokin out the coupe like it's poutin
I do what I do and u do what u can do about it
Bitch I can turn a crack rock into a mountain
Damn dat
Don't u compare me cause there ain't noody near me They don't see but they hear me
They don't feel me but they feel me I'm Ill-e

----
Now that's mad rhymes yo.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
You know, I seriously hated that song with a passion when I first heard it, but it's grown on me a hell of a lot. I actually respect lil' wayne now, even though I still don't really dig him.

I'm really hoping that was the sarcastic side of you that everyone says embodies the "Rivek" character. If not I'm no longer your shy little red fish. :(

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:36 PM
To clarify, I don't respect him as a rapper, I respect him as a man who can get a song stuck in my head so much that I'm forced to like it in order to not kill myself.

Oh, alright. I guess I can let it slide.... LET YO BACKBONE SLIIIIIIIDE.

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Worse than Flobots mixed with Fall Out Boy.

Wow that's pretty shit-tacular. Sorry it took me a while to respond, I was reading this: http://www.radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/04/letter_to_charles_manson_richard_ramirez_ted_kacyi nski_bill.php

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I think that is the most brilliant link I've ever seen.

Manson ftw.

His letter really creeped me out. Who would have thought he was so insane?

Yast3r
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe the families of, y'know, all those people he and his followers killed.

Maybe.

Just a thought.

Oh most definitely not. Preposterous thought.

blake_bergeron
07-22-2008, 06:03 AM
His letter really creeped me out. Who would have thought he was so insane?

his mother maybe... how would you like to be charles mansons mom... thats got to suck...

Yast3r
07-22-2008, 06:10 AM
his mother maybe... how would you like to be charles mansons mom... thats got to suck...

I can only parallel it with modern day figures. I guess that'd be like being Britney Spears' mom... THE HORROR!

blake_bergeron
07-22-2008, 06:30 AM
I can only parallel it with modern day figures. I guess that'd be like being Britney Spears' mom... THE HORROR!

true... at least theres a monetary plus with britney... but other than that... horror...

Rolo
07-22-2008, 11:55 AM

Britney already shaved her head like a skinhead once. Now just wait until she puts a swastika on her forehead.

Rolo
07-22-2008, 11:56 AM
true... at least theres a monetary plus with britney... but other than that... horror...
Damn slow server made me double post :(

blake_bergeron
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Britney already shaved her head like a skinhead once. Now just wait until she puts a swastika on her forehead.

britney manson... thats not a pretty sight...

Yast3r
07-22-2008, 12:04 PM

I hope that happens soon so she can officially be barred from making television appearances.

Rolo
07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
britney manson... thats not a pretty sight...

Next upcoming shockrock artist could name himself that way, lol

That or Charles Spears

blake_bergeron
07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Next upcoming shockrock artist could name himself that way, lol

That or Charles Spears

britney in no way compares to marilyn... in hotness anyway... marilyn wasnt the best actress...

I hope that happens soon so she can officially be barred from making television appearances.

dude, if theres paparazzi shes going to find them...

Rolo
07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
britney in no way compares to marilyn... in hotness anyway... marilyn wasnt the best actress...

If i read this correctly, Britney should have gotten an Oscar for "Crossroads" in your opinion?

blake_bergeron
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
If i read this correctly, Britney should have gotten an Oscar for "Crossroads" in your opinion?

britney shoule be impaled with an oscar... no no no... what i meant was that marilyn is hotter but not a good actress, like britney... sorry for the confusion...

Rolo
07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
No confusion, i just saw an opportunity to respond on ;)

dxs
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Shoot, I missed it all...:(

I want to talk about socks, sock suspenders...and stuff...

Yast3r
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Shoot, I missed it all...:(

I want to talk about socks, sock suspenders...and stuff...

It got us all far too hot and flustered. It's such a sexual discussion.

Yast3r
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
You had me at socks.