PDA

View Full Version : think it adds to 46&2?

theamazingtool
05-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Does anybody else like useful idiot? I like it, i think it kinda builds up to 46&2. kinda like:
-intermission/jimmy
-Lost keys/rosetta stoned etc...
i dont know if it is intended to be a segue(is that the right word?) for 46&2 or not. although i think it adds to 46&2, like the transition from (-)ions to thirdeye, good stuff =]

Inner_Eulogy
05-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Does anybody else like useful idiot? I like it, i think it kinda builds up to 46&2. kinda like:
-intermission/jimmy
i dont know if it is intended to be a segue(is that the right word?) for 46&2 or not. although i think it adds to 46&2, like the transition from (-)ions to thirdeye, good stuff =]

**shrug**

Yast3r
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe it works as a segue because there is no substance to the song, it is about 20 seconds long and it is the track before 46&2?

Wait no, that's definately crazy talk.

dxs
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, oftentimes tribute bands put Useful Idiot and 46 & 2 together when they perform them.
That would be their belief. Whether it is correct or not, I don't know, but hopefully that's a help.

ufopancakes
06-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I like to think of it more as an ending to H... But whats up with the name?

dxs
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Useful Idiot?
I kinda like it...

ufopancakes
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Useful Idiot = a sound of a record ending... I see no correspondence. Maybe if I had a hit or two of acid I could formulate something :)

Inner_Eulogy
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Useful Idiot = a sound of a record ending... I see no correspondence. Maybe if I had a hit or two of acid I could formulate something :)

Don't you mean correlation? lol, anyways...I'm kinda curious as to what that means in CORRELATION with the skipping record sound myself.

ufopancakes
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Don't you mean correlation? lol, anyways...I'm kinda curious as to what that means in CORRELATION with the skipping record sound myself.

Yes. Thats exactly what I meant. I work 3rd shift, and sometimes I'm not all there. lol

dxs
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Ever got computer high?

Inner_Eulogy
06-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes. Thats exactly what I meant. I work 3rd shift, and sometimes I'm not all there. lol

=-) Isn't it so much better now that we've kissed and made up?

Tool_Is_Sick
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
**covers his eyes incase of something scary**

Rolo
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
-intermission/jimmy

It does.

slamminsalmon
06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
it could be both the end of h and the beginning 46&2.

its their for a reason.

the sound itself is the end of the record. try listening to the album starting at 46&2.

its repeating, near redundant, ongoing until someone lifts the needle, and changes the record.

Rolo
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
The creepy/scary repetitive sound really builds up to the beginning of 46 & two, imo

Although the scratchy needle sound really does appear at the ending of H. I guess it's supposed to be somekinda bridge between the two songs generally.

dxs
06-13-2008, 01:28 PM
it could be both the end of h and the beginning 46&2.

its their for a reason.

the sound itself is the end of the record. try listening to the album starting at 46&2.

its repeating, near redundant, ongoing until someone lifts the needle, and changes the record.

I tried.
You're kind of right.

This may be stretching it, but maybe Stinkfist and Eulogy are almost like the prelude to AEnima and the tail end of Undertow. Then, after the passing of Useful Idiot, it enters the soul cleansing process, as the album name seems to depict.

ufopancakes
06-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Ever got computer high?

Not really. But when I start getting really lethargic, I see tunnel vision on the computer... I guess its close.

theamazingtool
06-15-2008, 03:47 AM
how can you get your computer high?

Tool_Is_Sick
06-15-2008, 10:14 AM
how can you get your computer high?
Do you see your power button for your computer tower? Slightly caress the button with a feather with crazy glue on the tip and slowly say "Computer I love you, Computer I want you" Your computer should become high and in love with you momentarily. If this doesnt work, the correct directions should be in your computer manual.

theamazingtool
06-15-2008, 10:47 AM
very interesting, yet i want to know everything before i commit. can this be addictive? possible tickle overdose?

Rolo
06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
very interesting, yet i want to know everything before i commit. can this be addictive? possible tickle overdose?

Depents on your processor and which version of Windows/Linux you're working with.

dxs
06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
:D it was how to get high off your computer, but I'm gonna go try that w/ the power button.

Technically, to get computer high, just stay on the comp for about 2-3 hours, maybe even longer.
Since I am forced to remain within such parameters at least once a week, I'm computer high fairly often. Your head becomes to feel a little woozy and numb.

And then, when you look away, your head hurts like fuck.

Yep, that's how it's done :D
And you see weird things in a bit.

dxs
06-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Depents on your processor and which version of Windows/Linux you're working with.

Apples, from what I know of, are extremely addictive.
:( Unfortunately, I am immune to the powers of Apple. I don't like the side effects.

dxs
06-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Not really. But when I start getting really lethargic, I see tunnel vision on the computer... I guess its close.

Just sit for another hour and you'll feel it.

Rolo
06-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Apples, from what I know of, are extremely addictive.
:( Unfortunately, I am immune to the powers of Apple. I don't like the side effects.

They do keep the doctor away, though...

dxs
06-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah. Just hurl an iMac at 'em and they'll scream and run.
I think they're allergic.

Rolo
06-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah. Just hurl an iMac at 'em and they'll scream and run.
I think they're allergic.

Haha, that was exactly what i meant :)

dxs
06-15-2008, 02:36 PM
What do you own?

Rolo
06-15-2008, 02:41 PM
HP laptop, dunno the serialnumber (at work at the moment) almost two years now and not complaining.

dxs
06-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Does it work for you?
Explain, to the HP users.

Rolo
06-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Nah, it just does whatever i expect of it. But i'm not a heavy user, imo

dxs
06-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Slave computer?

theamazingtool
06-15-2008, 07:22 PM

windows XP

advice?

Rolo
06-15-2008, 08:14 PM
windows XP

advice?

Start off with a low dose and slowly increase daily. Also PM Doctor T_I_S (http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2496929&postcount=19) weekly so he can monitor you.

Rolo
06-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Slave computer?

Huh?

weesper
06-16-2008, 02:55 AM
My two cents: Stinkfist (a.k.a. song #1), eulogy and H were all released as singles. Hence the skipping record since we are the useful idiots who bought the record and listened to these songs.

dxs
06-16-2008, 07:07 AM
I bought it for Forty-Six and Two.

dxs
06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Huh?

Doesn't that HP do all you tell it to?
And if it's a work computer, it's obviously more of a slave---branded with serial codes :)

Rolo
06-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Doesn't that HP do all you tell it to?
And if it's a work computer, it's obviously more of a slave---branded with serial codes :)

O.K...

Well better to have a slave computer than to be a computer slave, imo.

BTW it's a HP Pavilion DV5000 series. So what's your gear?

dxs
06-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Sony Vaio.
Anything for that?

Rolo
06-18-2008, 07:52 PM
*shrugs*

I know the type and brand but then my hardware-knowledge stops. If it works for you, it works i guess.

Omega
12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
i have a brain. that kicks all your computers asses.

inSin
07-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I like to think of it more as an ending to H... But whats up with the name?

i read awhile back on here someone talking about how the song Useful Idiot is 38 seconds (36&2) and that 46&2 has that theme of evolution.. and that if we keep this up we are devolving..

Inner_Eulogy
07-20-2009, 07:29 AM
i read awhile back on here someone talking about how the song Useful Idiot is 38 seconds (36&2) and that 46&2 has that theme of evolution.. and that if we keep this up we are devolving..

That doesn't even make sense, at least not logically.

theamazingtool
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
nope, not even close.

Inner_Eulogy
07-21-2009, 10:47 AM
nope, not even close.

True dat

univonc
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
That doesn't even make sense, at least not logically.

Remember 46 is the number of chromosomes we possess in the body (23 pairs).

46 and 2 could suggest something evolutionary.....

Angel on the Sideline
07-24-2009, 05:07 AM

How many goddamn times does this have to be said on these forums: if you had 48 chromosomes you'd be mentally retarded and possibly physically deformed. Adding two chromosomes doesn't lead to some greater evolutionary state.

Yast3r
07-24-2009, 05:53 AM
How many goddamn times does this have to be said on these forums: if you had 48 chromosomes you'd be mentally retarded and possibly physically deformed. Adding two chromosomes doesn't lead to some greater evolutionary state.

Maybe those people have made that 'evolutionary' step and can no longer function or retain memory of what was previously said on these forums.

Hey, maybe 46+2 could mean 48 chromosomes... maybe it can hint to evolution!

Inner_Eulogy
07-24-2009, 09:01 AM

LOL, yes, we currently have 44 chromosomes that make up our biological chemistry and 2 for sex that determine what sex we are.

Scientifically, adding 2 chromosomes is usually only a sign of retardation and usually results in nothing good. Metaphorically in the song (and Bob Frissell's book), the idea of adding 2 chromosomes is to signal an evolution to a higher consciousness.

Thank you Mr. Obvious!

Yast3r
07-24-2009, 09:03 AM
(and Bob Frissell's book)

Bob Frissell is such a kook to the extent that it is humorous he takes his material seriously. And even funnier when people quote him on things. But I love reading his work just for that reason.

Inner_Eulogy
07-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Bob Frissell is such a kook to the extent that it is humorous he takes his material seriously. And even funnier when people quote him on things. But I love reading his work just for that reason.

Yeah, it was an interesting read

inSin
07-25-2009, 05:53 PM
ooops. like i said i read it on hear awhile back.

univonc
07-27-2009, 09:37 AM

(yawn)

In vitro does not mean in vivo.

Remember it is a song. Not reality....

univonc
07-27-2009, 09:38 AM
LOL, yes, we currently have 44 chromosomes that make up our biological chemistry and 2 for sex that determine what sex we are.

Scientifically, adding 2 chromosomes is usually only a sign of retardation and usually results in nothing good. Metaphorically in the song (and Bob Frissell's book), the idea of adding 2 chromosomes is to signal an evolution to a higher consciousness.

Thank you Mr. Obvious!

I prefer "Dr." Obvous.

Inner_Eulogy
07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I prefer "Dr." Obvous.

Nice one N00B

Yast3r
07-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Maybe those people have made that 'evolutionary' step and can no longer function or retain memory of what was previously said on these forums.

Hey, maybe 46+2 could mean 48 chromosomes... maybe it can hint to evolution!

I agree with whoever posted this.

Wait a minute!

On second thought, maybe 46+2 could mean 48 chromosomes... maybe it can hint to evolution!

univonc
07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Nice one N00B

I prefer "Dr." N00B

univonc
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Thank you Mr. Obvious!

44 chromosomes, let's call them "somatic".

The "sex linked" chromosomes do more than just determine our sex.

Your term "biological chemistry" can be considered "biochemistry"?

BTW, 48 chromosomes may not necessarily mean retardation.

How bout 48 (XXXy) or 48 (XXyy) Klinefelter's? There may not be retardation (mentally).

Just pointing out another "obvious fact".

Dr. N00B

Inner_Eulogy
07-28-2009, 09:28 AM
44 chromosomes, let's call them "somatic".

The "sex linked" chromosomes do more than just determine our sex.

Your term "biological chemistry" can be considered "biochemistry"?

BTW, 48 chromosomes may not necessarily mean retardation.

How bout 48 (XXXy) or 48 (XXyy) Klinefelter's? There may not be retardation (mentally).

Just pointing out another "obvious fact".

Dr. N00B

LOL, did you take a good day or two to research this? I'm so proud of you.

univonc
07-28-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL, did you take a good day or two to research this? I'm so proud of you.

13 years post high school.

and you?

Inner_Eulogy
07-28-2009, 11:15 AM
13 years post high school.

and you?

Me? I'm not as anal as you apparently.

univonc
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Me? I'm not as anal as you apparently.

There is nothing "anal" from defending myself (since I didn't start the flaming comment)

and for calling out an "obvious" alternative.

I choose to interpret, like you. Just because you may post on a massive and obsessive basis, just not give you that right to flame me.

Inner_Eulogy
07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
There is nothing "anal" from defending myself (since I didn't start the flaming comment)

and for calling out an "obvious" alternative.

I choose to interpret, like you. Just because you may post on a massive and obsessive basis, just not give you that right to flame me.

***Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy

Scientifically, adding 2 chromosomes is usually only a sign of retardation and usually results in nothing good. Metaphorically in the song (and Bob Frissell's book), the idea of adding 2 chromosomes is to signal an evolution to a higher consciousness.***

First of all, I know that you read what I originally posted in response and I didn't flame you at all other than calling you Mr. Obvious which was just in fun but now you're just starting to come off as a whiny arrogant child.

univonc
07-28-2009, 02:00 PM
***Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy

Scientifically, adding 2 chromosomes is usually only a sign of retardation and usually results in nothing good. Metaphorically in the song (and Bob Frissell's book), the idea of adding 2 chromosomes is to signal an evolution to a higher consciousness.***

First of all, I know that you read what I originally posted in response and I didn't flame you at all other than calling you Mr. Obvious which was just in fun but now you're just starting to come off as a whiny arrogant child.

Again, I'll speak s-l-o-w-l-y. No arrogance. I have not complained. I have been merely called into question, and I responded. May I reference the how long did it take you to research comment? How about the "anal" comment? Or even better how about "we are so proud of you" as well comment?

Please reread your posts. I think the arrogance rests with the finger pointed toward yourself.

Inner_Eulogy
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Again, I'll speak s-l-o-w-l-y. No arrogance. I have not complained. I have been merely called into question, and I responded. May I reference the how long did it take you to research comment? How about the "anal" comment? Or even better how about "we are so proud of you" as well comment?

Please reread your posts. I think the arrogance rests with the finger pointed toward yourself.

lol, failed again....ALL of those comments were made AFTER you chose to make your snide retort

univonc
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
lol, failed again....ALL of those comments were made AFTER you chose to make your snide retort

It is not snide when it is true.

Yast3r
07-28-2009, 03:20 PM
univonc, learn when to stop with the retaliations. You're derailing the thread you tried so hard to contribute to. Why tarnish what you had originally posted with this series of childish insults and retorts?

Inner_Eulogy
07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
univonc, learn when to stop with the retaliations. You're derailing the thread you tried so hard to contribute to. Why tarnish what you had originally posted with this series of childish insults and retorts?

Agreed, and I was trying to help the guy until he got all uppity about it

Ravenpig
08-13-2009, 06:04 PM
My theory on this track is this.

Adam's listening to it thinking to himself, "I kinda like it".

Paul walks in, hears it, and says, "That's not useful, idiot".

Paul then gets kicked outta the band, Adam finds a place for the track on the album(spawning a whole bunch of "theories" of it's "true" meaning)and names it "Useful Idiot".

Mystery solved.

Inner_Eulogy
08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
My theory on this track is this.

Adam's listening to it thinking to himself, "I kinda like it".

Paul walks in, hears it, and says, "That's not useful, idiot".

Paul then gets kicked outta the band, Adam finds a place for the track on the album(spawning a whole bunch of "theories" of it's "true" meaning)and names it "Useful Idiot".

Mystery solved.

Uhhh

Ravenpig
08-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Your sarcasm meter not working?

DÆmonoidTrinomial
04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
I'm essentially w/ Weesper, as far as "Useful Idiot" kind of breaking the fourth wall and calling the listener a useful idiot for paying money (this was the mid 90's anyone listening to it most likely did buy it) for this album that was missing a song by what could have been assumed to be like a careless album pressing accident or something. Obviously, it's a joke that was only relevant for a week n a half after the album was released, much like Disgustipated being on track 69 to make people think they had gotten a biffed copy of the album. Also, the joke really only applied to the vinyl which I recently found out was released a good month or so before the CD/cassette.

As far as it being the H. /Forty-Six & 2 median, I don't know I've always looked at it as a 40 second piece all its own, functioning as a seque between the two but not neccesarily as either the H. outro or 46&2 intro. Quite honestly, "Useful Idiot" says more to me in it's desolate, disturbing, "the matrix is glitching" 40 seconds than "Viginti Tres" says in its bloated 5 minutes.

p.s. Even this insignificant in-joke of a track provides me w/ visuals. I always saw this like, "old camera", brown tinted footage of a forest on fire (recorded by... i don't know, my haunting, companion entity: someone who doezn't exist but who I can sometimes feel in the same room as me but I can't hear, see or smell them) Damn sometimes I miss being 8 yrs old and thinking to that level of un-grounded abstract.

okman
05-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Its about the game of them trying to be a cool band, realizing their success, some smuck selling their album, smuck makes bunches of moneys, and they're left with the carrot shaking just out of arms reach. Meanwhile, all the dope beasty tees, with new tattoos, are boasting about their three day grace tickets.

okman
05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Here's Tom with the weather.

Inner_Eulogy
05-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Its about the game of them trying to be a cool band, realizing their success, some smuck selling their album, smuck makes bunches of moneys, and they're left with the carrot shaking just out of arms reach. Meanwhile, all the dope beasty tees, with new tattoos, are boasting about their three day grace tickets.

You mean sHmuck perhaps?

Skin Ticket
05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Also that last sentence... I don't think dope beasty tees get tattoos OR boast. About anything

forty-eight-and-two
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Have any of you bought the album on vinyl? useful idiot is the last track on the vinyl and it was just put there to give it the old record feel. because old record players made that sound once the tracks stopped. some of thier interludes are JUST interludes. goddamn overthinkers.