PDA

View Full Version : How amazing is this live

Zerocool997
12-06-2002, 08:38 AM
I never realized exactly how great this song is live until the 4th time I saw it. I saw them play Triad for the first time ever @ MSG in October of 2001 and then the last time I saw it was on Halloween of 2002. This song is so amazing live. The fact that there is no vocals makes it that much better. I mean i can never tell when the riffs in the song are going to change they just come out of no where, thats why this song is so amazing. Usually you know when to change riffs fromt he drums or the vocals but in the song there seems to be no signal of when to change atleast I haven't noticed one.

nickknocker
12-07-2002, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I saw Tool play in Boston on August 16th. and it blew my mind to see how well this song was played live. I play guitar (heh, well enough in my own mind) and can tell you from experience, the only way to remember when to change riffs is LOTS of practice with timing and the number of times the riff is played; it takes a while, but eventually you get used to it. Sometimes. also. the electronic samples help with the timing.

GBuck
12-11-2002, 02:23 PM
I saw it october 2001 in Atlanta, the double drummer performance by and the osseus labyrint (sp?) show during the intermission and schism stand out in my mind the most.

the lack of words and the tribal sound of the pounding drums combined to make it more of a great live experience just a bit more than the rest of the songs. you're there to admire the beauty of everyone thrashing together in a perfect harmony of sound and motion without words.