PDA

View Full Version : Best Peformed Live

ProfoundHaytred
12-06-2002, 07:44 AM
What is the best tool song of undertow that is perfomred live??
well i say if youve heard the 2 meter sessions, than its definatly four degrees, prison sex, bottom, flood, but will all honesty i think that evreysong off this album is good live cause its my favorite, but i'd really like to hear disgustipated, has it ever been played live, i heard that it was somewhere but im not sure.

pushthis
12-30-2002, 12:21 AM
I saw Tool in Memphis back in 98 i think it was, and they played Flood. It was incredible. To this day, my favorite song I've heard them play live. (Well.. other than D/R/T)

the reverend
12-30-2002, 04:08 AM
Earlier this year i saw them play Flood and 4 Degrees. My two favourites. They were both awesome. I hear Prison Sex is awesome too...

When they started playing the intro to Flood i think my heart skipped a beat. It was probably this best part of any song they played that night,,,

Genocidal
02-13-2003, 03:17 PM
They played Disgustipated (well, a version of it) in '92 and in '94. It was basically jammed with breaks of "this is necessary" thrown in.

The best Undertow song live is Flood, hands down. They did so much with it; it's a very diverse in terms of setlist placement. You can basically put it anywhere in a set and have it flow.

It's also my favorite on the album itself. Makes sense :)

stalkingbutler
06-16-2003, 11:21 AM
I heard flood live,it was so good my soul collapsed,seriously.

BackToMyKnees
06-18-2003, 06:54 PM
They're all good. I heard a bootleg of an all Undertow/Opiate song live show, but I can't remember the best one. Probably Undertow since it's just the greatest song.

erazorhead
06-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Genocidal
The best Undertow song live is Flood, hands down. They did so much with it; it's a very diverse in terms of setlist placement. You can basically put it anywhere in a set and have it flow.

if you meant that as a pun, you are my hero.

Genocidal
08-12-2003, 06:23 PM
sadly, no, it wasn't pun. it's true. they've opened with flood, played it in the middle of the set, stuck it on the end of opiate, and ended shows with it. i can't think of any other song that they've done all that with. maybe sober. shit, i thought of one :S

and the 2meter session was:

sober
intolerance
four degrees
prison sex