PDA

View Full Version : fuck you

theamazingtool
04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
i love TOOL for way too many reasons to begin to count. however, i especially love their raw-side, their angry, "fuck you" songs. jerk-off is one of my all time fav's along with hooker and ticks. i think all three of these songs are very similar in the sense of all being their "fuck you" songs. i am not one of the all too many punk, ignorant fans that likes tool because they are loud and angry. i understand and appreciate everything they have ever released. i am just stating my appreciation for and in my opinion, the connection in these three killer songs

gjamison27
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Werd to me mum!

Inner_Eulogy
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
i love TOOL for way too many reasons to begin to count. however, i especially love their raw-side, their angry, "fuck you" songs. jerk-off is one of my all time fav's along with hooker and ticks. i think all three of these songs are very similar in the sense of all being their "fuck you" songs. i am not one of the all too many punk, ignorant fans that likes tool because they are loud and angry. i understand and appreciate everything they have ever released. i am just stating my appreciation for and in my opinion, the connection in these three killer songs

Gee, thanks but the podium's over there to the left

theamazingtool
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
huh?

Yast3r
04-28-2008, 01:11 PM
He was thanking you for the inspiring topic. It truly is epic in nature.

Inner_Eulogy
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
He was thanking you for the inspiring topic. It truly is epic in nature.

<snicker> Yes yes, that's precisely what it was

Yast3r
04-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I wish he'd make more posts like this. I felt I learned a lot, but there is so much more to learn from him. :(

dxs
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I get what you mean.

The thing about TOOL's rageful songs is that it isn't a huge mess.
Most anger-filled songs are either trash or something close to it, but TOOL merges several of these things together, which is awesome, no?

Ticks and Leeches would be my fav "Fuck you" song.

Inner_Eulogy
05-09-2008, 05:13 AM
I get what you mean.

The thing about TOOL's rageful songs is that it isn't a huge mess.
Most anger-filled songs are either trash or something close to it, but TOOL merges several of these things together, which is awesome, no?

Ticks and Leeches would be my fav "Fuck you" song.

I never really did get into that song, I'm not sure why, it's ok I guess but it's like a sore thumb on that album, it's the piece that just doesn't fit.

dxs
05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Personally, what I like most is the bridge.

The bridge seems to be the aftermath of all the rage, because a lot of the time, people tend to feel sorrowful after such a desperate rant.

And that's what I found most beautiful in that song. True, the song in itself does stick out...but the bridge is what keeps me loving it.

Divine_left
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
... ignorant fans that likes tool...

clearly you're not.