PDA

View Full Version : So many meanings!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RachJacob
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
It would seem that we have gotten way off track when it comes to getting to the personal experiences we have with the song other then "it gives me chills", damn it why does it give you chills?
This song Pushit has given me the ability to be the pusher and the push-ie, that is what makes this song so amazing and versatile.
Past all the mysticism these songs ignite intimate experiences to most subconsciously lived, hence the reason we fall so deeply into tools songs, they aren't talking to the over-analyzing tool know-it-all, they are trying to ignite something more... What could that be???

Yast3r
04-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I think that there is no really deep subtleties in the songs. Pushit to me has its one meaning to the band, which is quite hard for us to guess so therefor we bring what we know/have experienced into the music and make up our own interpretations. I think thats what their music is trying to ignite--creativity. The fact that we are on this website sharing experiences about their music, we are simply creating a community.

Their music is bringing people together, making people think and in return they give us nothing to expose the songs true meanings. Why? That'd put an end to what is being done here.

I unno, that's my two pennies! I don't think there is much more than that.

Inner_Eulogy
04-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I think that there is no really deep subtleties in the songs. Pushit to me has its one meaning to the band, which is quite hard for us to guess so therefor we bring what we know/have experienced into the music and make up our own interpretations. I think thats what their music is trying to ignite--creativity. The fact that we are on this website sharing experiences about their music, we are simply creating a community.

Their music is bringing people together, making people think and in return they give us nothing to expose the songs true meanings. Why? That'd put an end to what is being done here.

I unno, that's my two pennies! I don't think there is much more than that.

I would have to disagree with you on this, while I don't over-analyze thing like iAMTHEMa...I think it's more than obvious that they intentionally use layered meanings within the music or or least leave them in a general enough of a sense so that it's not directed to any one thing in particular (DISCLAIMER: This of course does not mean that EVERY far fetched dumbass idea is valid at all or even close to correct).

I understand what the OP is saying though even in Pushit where you can get the sense of being the victim and the abuser at the same time, or at least being pushed for so long until you fight back and retaliate.

Yast3r
04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I meant that when I said they leave their music open for us to create our own interpretations. There are many layers staring at us like pieces of construction paper... we can fold them, overlap them and place them out to make a pretty picture... or we can just look at them as an abstract piece with a bunch of construction paper snippets.

Know what I mean? Maybe I should use better metaphors. :P

RachJacob
04-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Sometimes I don't think it's much more than a simple matter of all the band members-- notably maynard-- being on the same page regarding exactly which abstract, drug-like headspace it is that they're trying to evoke-- notably that which they evoke through the instrumentation.

How you see there music can say a lot about how you interpret your world, your perspectives. Be careful with tool fans they will eat you alive.

RachJacob
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Better metaphors or not, the reason it is so hard to pin down what theirs songs mean to you personally is mainly due to the fact that these songs can have meaning to so many different aspects in our lives. But in the end it all comes down to one battle.

RachJacob
04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
One battle?

I am not here to give answers, only stimulate ones.

Yast3r
04-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Is that kind of like jeopardy?

You mean "What is Jeopardy?"

dxs
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
How you see there music can say a lot about how you interpret your world, your perspectives. Be careful with tool fans they will eat you alive.

True dat---now I'm a cannibal. jk

Pushit, to me, is a fairly difficult song to decipher---I'm not sure on whether the meaning itself is vague or whether I just haven't exposed the song to myself the right way.

When you first hear it, it kind of hints at the fact that it's a very sexual, yet violent song.

At the same time, I try to consider the link it has to Cesaro Summability, where a baby screams.

And then the lyrics of "ripping your fucking throat away" really bring question.

As a final short summary, I am led to believe that it is another expedition into either another person or oneself, because take note of the beginning.

"I will choke until I swallow
Choke this infant here before me
What is this but my reflection?
Who am I to judge and strike you down?"

Could this be Maynard trying to strike down an ego of sorts, or, if I were to stretch the subject...what if this infant was Devo?

That would really change things. And I sort of think that as a huge, HUGE stretch, but i just felt like throwing it in there.

Yast3r
05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
The first thing that came to my mind when listening to the song was about his son, Devo. As a child is a flesh and bone reflection of yourself and... well it's and infant before him.

Inner_Eulogy
05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
True dat---now I'm a cannibal. jk

Pushit, to me, is a fairly difficult song to decipher---I'm not sure on whether the meaning itself is vague or whether I just haven't exposed the song to myself the right way.

When you first hear it, it kind of hints at the fact that it's a very sexual, yet violent song.

At the same time, I try to consider the link it has to Cesaro Summability, where a baby screams.

And then the lyrics of "ripping your fucking throat away" really bring question.

As a final short summary, I am led to believe that it is another expedition into either another person or oneself, because take note of the beginning.

"I will choke until I swallow

Could this be Maynard trying to strike down an ego of sorts, or, if I were to stretch the subject...what if this infant was Devo?

That would really change things. And I sort of think that as a huge, HUGE stretch, but i just felt like throwing it in there.

What if the relationship he was in with Devo's mother was just so fucking stressful, he didn't know what to do. The infant before him is his son (his reflection) that he mentions but the song turns to his gisgust and hatred towards the woman because she's pushing and shoving him (whether that be physically, verbally, mentally and/or emotionally). It makes a lot of sense if you think of it in that way. When my son was still very young sometimes I wanted to take my stress out on him when he would cry non stop and there was nothing you could do, on top of that the relationship was fucking hell, it drove me mad...sometimes I wanted to scream at my own baby son because of all the stress I was under. Hence the words, choke this infant...who am I to judge or strike you down. He's realizes he's getting mad at his own son then contemplates this isn't your fault, it's hers.

dxs
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
That could be plausible, but it makes little sense that he would blame his stress on his wife rather than his son, though.

Sure, the wife is the one that gave birth to the child...but she herself has gone through enough turmoil by delivering the damn thing, and I'm sure he knows that. Are you saying that the blame he subconsciously throws is on his wife is when he's gone red with stress?

I'm sorry that you had to go through all that child stuff. First few years are always tough, eh?

dxs
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, the argument was branching off the child...right?

dxs
05-16-2008, 02:03 PM
No, I mean, what you meant earlier.
Unless you weren't really going through that at all.

Inner_Eulogy
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
That could be plausible, but it makes little sense that he would blame his stress on his wife rather than his son, though.

Sure, the wife is the one that gave birth to the child...but she herself has gone through enough turmoil by delivering the damn thing, and I'm sure he knows that. Are you saying that the blame he subconsciously throws is on his wife is when he's gone red with stress?

I'm sorry that you had to go through all that child stuff. First few years are always tough, eh?

No no, you misunderstood. He split with Devo's mom long ago. What I'm saying is that the relationship between the two of them was perhaps very chaotic and she pushed him to the breaking point. My point is that when someone is stressed to the max they sometimes tend to take it out on others. Perhaps he was getting mad at the baby but then realizing he was mad at her, not him.

dxs
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
OH!

That's why I didn't get it.
Thanks.

Now it all makes sense.

dxs
05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
And now I feel irrationally stupid.
But I guess it'll pass.

Yast3r
05-20-2008, 11:41 AM
And now I feel irrationally stupid.
But I guess it'll pass.

I'd doubt it. I think you can only remove it through years of therapy.

dxs
05-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Oh wow.
So I have to pay a shrink money to feel COMPETENT?

Yast3r
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh wow.
So I have to pay a shrink money to feel COMPETENT?

Its safe to assume so.

dxs
05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
>:O
I shall not fall for your brain therapy madness!

dxs
05-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Good, because a therapist is a waste of money for something so miniscule.

But yeah, I guess I should go back to what was going on in this thread---

I wasn't, my friends were.

I have no children and no marriages. I prefer to make intelligent decisions rather than rash ones.

I don't have children or marriages or anything of the sort---and I'm much less convinced to really enter a relationship. It's all really a lot of mumbo-jumbo that oftentimes results in the break-ups that Maynard and a lot of others probably gave into.

Even so, people say that "love" (notice this is in quotes) is often the cause for many rash decisions. And then the question of whether love really exists is put into play.

Really, I guess it depends on the person that you question. Some probably believe that love is out there, while some others don't even like to hear the word---believing it as simple show.

And for some reason, this really just sprouted thought within me.

What is love to you guys?
It's such a controversial topic that speaking of it is fairly difficult to me.

Humans seem to sort of know what it is, but I think a certain bunch of us have been confused by society into thinking a certain love is acceptable and unacceptable.

And maybe if we sort of try to define "love" we can get to the root of it.

theamazingtool
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
dxs- you crack me up

Medicea Sidera
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I was thinking about this line

" I will choke until I swallow

and one think come to my mind, it could be him asking to his fiancee to not have the kid "Choke this infant here before me", but she got the decision to have it "Who am I to judge and strike you down" in fact it goes perfectly with the intro of Cesaro Summability, the birth of the child! this song has so many meanings for my point of view, but i could be wrong!

Inner_Eulogy
05-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Good, because a therapist is a waste of money for something so miniscule.

But yeah, I guess I should go back to what was going on in this thread---

I don't have children or marriages or anything of the sort---and I'm much less convinced to really enter a relationship. It's all really a lot of mumbo-jumbo that oftentimes results in the break-ups that Maynard and a lot of others probably gave into.

Even so, people say that "love" (notice this is in quotes) is often the cause for many rash decisions. And then the question of whether love really exists is put into play.

Really, I guess it depends on the person that you question. Some probably believe that love is out there, while some others don't even like to hear the word---believing it as simple show.

And for some reason, this really just sprouted thought within me.

What is love to you guys?
It's such a controversial topic that speaking of it is fairly difficult to me.

Humans seem to sort of know what it is, but I think a certain bunch of us have been confused by society into thinking a certain love is acceptable and unacceptable.

And maybe if we sort of try to define "love" we can get to the root of it.

In the sense of love in a relationship: Love is not about being with someone you can live with, it's about being with someone that you can't live without. It's a word that encompasses a feeling that can either be described in so many words and yet none at all. Love to me is a combination of companionship, friendship and respect for one another. I could go on forever giving details or examples but I don't have time and again it would only be my interpretation.

theamazingtool
05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
thats beautiful, you should write a romance novel

Inner_Eulogy
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
thats beautiful, you should write a romance novel

Appreciate the sarcasm. Anyways, you're only 20 and apparently think the idea of love is ridiculous or are just too close minded to understand it.

slamminsalmon
05-22-2008, 09:54 AM
short and simply imo

its about loving/caring about the people who you know dont add anything to your life, and bring you down, keep you from being you.

Inner_Eulogy
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
short and simply imo

its about loving/caring about the people who you know dont add anything to your life, and bring you down, keep you from being you.

Well that's more of a spirtual and/or religious love/belief. I think the topic was more in the sense of a relationship.

dxs
05-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Well that's more of a spirtual and/or religious love/belief. I think the topic was more in the sense of a relationship.

Haha, Pushit doesn't seem to hint at an orgy, so it probably does move on to a relationship.

Appreciate the sarcasm. Anyways, you're only 20 and apparently think the idea of love is ridiculous or are just too close minded to understand it.

Well...how old are you?

Inner_Eulogy
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Haha, Pushit doesn't seem to hint at an orgy, so it probably does move on to a relationship.

Well...how old are you?

Well, I think there was just more of a general question of what love meant to people in general. Maybe I was wrong.

I'm 30yrs old

dxs
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
It's great that you know where you're standing right now---I guess you have a firm belief in love at the time. There's no wrong definition of love, but the outcome of love is what sometimes takes a wrong turn.

dxs- you crack me up

likewise.

-_- Ha ha.

Inner_Eulogy
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
It's great that you know where you're standing right now---I guess you have a firm belief in love at the time. There's no wrong definition of love, but the outcome of love is what sometimes takes a wrong turn.

I learned that the hard way after a 8yr long relationship with my son's mother when to complete shit.

dxs
05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Divorce?
I guess that was a time of constant P.O. and headaches.

So many people have been divorced these days because of such things; it's strange to see people married over 10 years, these days.

Rolo
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Divorce?

So many people have been divorced these days because of such things; it's strange to see people married over 10 years, these days.

BTW, you don't have to get married to start having children.

Attend your biology classes.

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Divorce?

I was never married to her, thank god

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Someone talking about 8 years with his son's mother kinda hints at the possiblity of a badly dissolved marriage, though. What IE's said so far rules nothing out.

I'm not sure I understand you're statement here, could you reiterate?

slamminsalmon
05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
if assholes were airplanes, this would be the airport.

Inner_Eulogy
05-23-2008, 11:20 AM
if assholes were airplanes, this would be the airport.

And you're air traffic control? lol

Carny_Handles
05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I always thought pushit was internal struggle..

..ego death.

theamazingtool
05-23-2008, 07:54 PM

your right, i am only 20. but i do not think that the idea of love is ridiculous in any way, shape or form. i just laughed when reading your post, you sounded so sappy.

(i am not knocking on your ideas/definition of love, just thought your post sounded funny, thats all)

dxs
05-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I was never married to her, thank god

Oops. Sorry for making the assumption.

Inner_Eulogy
05-24-2008, 12:12 PM
You ever witness someone having such a bad falling out with someone that when they bring up that person in question, they make sure to point out that the two are no longer friends?

meh, I dunno. It makes sense in my head.

Yeah, things did end on a pretty bad note.

Inner_Eulogy
05-24-2008, 12:14 PM
your right, i am only 20. but i do not think that the idea of love is ridiculous in any way, shape or form. i just laughed when reading your post, you sounded so sappy.

(i am not knocking on your ideas/definition of love, just thought your post sounded funny, thats all)

Sappy or not it's the truth. I'm quite confident in my manhood/sexuality. If I had said, love is when she swallows, would that have been better?

theamazingtool
05-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Sappy or not it's the truth. I'm quite confident in my manhood/sexuality. If I had said, love is when she swallows, would that have been better?

love is when she gargles

K1DA
05-26-2008, 11:28 AM
if assholes were airplanes, this would be the airport.Most true post I've seen in a while. Anyway, here's some construction.
"I'm gonna go ahead and go off for a second. I know that I've said this before, but only a portion of you get it so unfortunately I have to repeat myself a lot. I think we're all just too afraid. A lot of the decisions we make are based on shit that's fed to us in the media. And it's all based on fear. And the decisions are not from the heart, are not from compassion, and not from a place of love, but from fear. And this concerns me. 'Cuz we're separating each other from each other. And it's fucked. The example I use is uh smoking. I know it's a dumb example but its the best one I can come up with because I'm illiterate. We already know that smoking causes heart disease and lung cancer, in addition to like making you stink and whatever. But we have decided, for some reason, to go ahead and do it. That's fine. But a lot of people are deciding not to have sex 'cuz they're afraid of dying. Well everything kills you, everything kills you. Take the proper precautions and touch somebody. Ok? Because fucking feels way better than smoking cigarettes. Fuck it, do both of them. And have fun. You only live once. Stop being afraid. I'm done now." MJK

Seperating >> Gap

dxs
05-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow, it's illiterate if you say so, but profound. :)

dxs
05-27-2008, 11:24 AM
love is when she gargles

>.< Aha....ahahahaha....

Love is when she gags.

Yast3r
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
>.< Aha....ahahahaha....

Love is when she gags.

And then laps it up and smiles.

What? Why am I always alone in my school of thought. :(

dxs
05-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Do you see the face of a dinosaur?

Yast3r
05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Do you see the face of a dinosaur?

A cat head on a dinosaur body. It gets confusing at times.

dxs
05-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I see you have a fetish for archaic, mythological animals.

A cat can smile?

Yast3r
05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
I see you have a fetish for archaic, mythological animals.

A cat can smile?

A cat can do a lot of things when you tempt it with catnip.

dxs
05-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Drug dealer...
I see.

Please, tell me what you're on.

base metal
06-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Allright guys. Not to be a party pooper, but I found some of your ideas about this song to be interesting as I browsed along here.

I have a different take on this tune, but that's ok.

The whole stressful relationship, child now in the picture theory makes plenty of sense within the whole scope of things. It's the "choke this infant here before me" bit that I have a different view on. We do know that this song is about being pushed too far. By whom, we can only speculate and think on our own fucked up ordeals. There's no doubt that to be put in such a shitty position will make one a little crazy. Though I admit pushit isn't one of my favorite songs, it is a powerful song. I'll spare you all the darker thoughts that come to mind when I revisit this tune, but let me continue with the infant line.

I always looked at it as being someone selfish and completely ignorant to what they've done. Choke this mindless, evil individual here before thee. If I do... well, you all know the story.

That's about all I've got time for right now.

Peace out

Inner_Eulogy
06-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I always looked at it as being someone selfish and completely ignorant to what they've done. Choke this mindless, evil individual here before thee. If I do... well, you all know the story.

That's about all I've got time for right now.

Peace out

It'd probably help if you could reiterate what you're trying to say here.

dxs
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
It'd probably help if you could reiterate what you're trying to say here.

Yep, because we all sort of know the story...

base metal
06-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Well, what are an infants motives? Basic, but selfish. Their fault? No, they're just ignorant.

What are grown people with these characteristics? Assholes etc..

Dealing with the second type is what I translate into the meaning. But hey, that's just me.

dxs
06-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Dealing with the second type is what I translate into the meaning. But hey, that's just me.

So, the second type are the thing you believe is part of Pushit?

base metal
06-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Correct. The pushee, if you will.

dxs
06-13-2008, 03:37 PM
And the push-ed?

base metal
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Mayne, or anyone for that matter.

It's all what we envision, basically.

dxs
06-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Mayne, or anyone for that matter.

It's all what we envision, basically.

Do you believe that the choking is also metaphorical?

K1DA
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Infant. Something/someone that has a lot of growing to do. Another way of saying someone is mentally growing...evolving. Infant in terms of personal evolution.

base metal
06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
So you don't seem to believe that the "infant" line refers to an actual infant, per se, but more to the one pushing, as, by your theory on this, anyone who lives in selfish ignorance is an infant at heart?

If I'm reading you correctly here, pretty cool interpretation of the infant line, yo.

You got it. Glad to know my interp has brought another possible meaning to the table.

base metal
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Do you believe that the choking is also metaphorical?

I wouldn't count it out. That's a good question to open another doorway here ;

I'd elaborate on that, but right now I'd rather let someone else get the juices flowing.

Keep 'em coming

K1DA
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't count it out. That's a good question to open another doorway here ;

I'd elaborate on that, but right now I'd rather let someone else get the juices flowing.

Keep 'em coming
In the deeper layer, I see "choke" as a metaphor for making something "dead to me." In other words, I will have no thoughts about it, as those only compromise my peace/piece of mind.

I will choke until I swallow = Parts of me will have to die before I am ready for the truth to become me.

The infant that is BEFORE ME = The ego that is in front of the true self.

dxs
06-18-2008, 06:24 PM
In the deeper layer, I see "choke" as a metaphor for making something "dead to me." In other words, I will have no thoughts about it, as those only compromise my peace/piece of mind.

I will choke until I swallow = Parts of me will have to die before I am ready for the truth to become me.

The infant that is BEFORE ME = The ego that is in front of the true self.

Sounds like a desperate attempt to change one's life, regardless of the consequences or the aftermath.

It's almost as if our character is fed up with life, which would clearly explain why he's making fairly rash decisions, and not caring of what will happen afterward.

It's a pretty good thought, there, K1DA.

base metal
06-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Yep, I dig it.

There's no right or wrong answer, so let the thoughts continue peeps.

K1DA
06-20-2008, 04:27 PM
yes, the ego. As C.G. Jung has said, more or less "the ego is our most nearest and dearest complex." We love the ego. Remember, you will always love it.

Edit for Inner_Eulogy: also on the "throat" reference... He had a lot of nothin to say

theamazingtool
06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Well, what are an infants motives? Basic, but selfish. Their fault? No, they're just ignorant.

What are grown people with these characteristics? Assholes etc..

i like your infant interpretation.

i could see where this could fit into the album. the 'infant' is referred to many places both directly and indirectly. the way i see it is; the 'infant' crying in cesaro summability, is like an ignorant, asshole, an "infant". this "infant" is crying and bitching, the way a grown asshole worries about stupid shit, like referred to in aenema.

the end turns into something like a power surge, moving into aenima, sort of like "armageddon is here, duude". aenima then adresses these smiley gladhands, hip-gangster wannabees, "infants."

(-) Ions is like the storm itself and its aftermath. the 'tidal wave' has come and wiped everything away.

base metal
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
So then... he tears her fucking throat away.

Good way to solve the problem, I think.

Couldn't help but chuckle, but in all seriousness, I grew up with a couple who's relationship ended like that, unfortunately.

base metal
06-26-2008, 10:47 PM
yes, the ego. As C.G. Jung has said, more or less "the ego is our most nearest and dearest complex." We love the ego. Remember, you will always love it.

Edit for Inner_Eulogy: also on the "throat" reference... He had a lot of nothin to say

I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation. Gotta admit I don't read into the Jungian Psych. thing too much with Aenima though.

My honest opinion of what gave birth to the lyrics of Pushit would be Maynard's feelings about his abusive father (though I can't say for sure and won't try to insist).

As for nothin to say...
I don't think anyone who shares their 2 cents about the content of any Tool song has nothin to say ; )

base metal
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM

i could see where this could fit into the album. the 'infant' is referred to many places both directly and indirectly. the way i see it is; the 'infant' crying in cesaro summability, is like an ignorant, asshole, an "infant". this "infant" is crying and bitching, the way a grown asshole worries about stupid shit, like referred to in aenema.

the end turns into something like a power surge, moving into aenima, sort of like "armageddon is here, duude". aenima then adresses these smiley gladhands, hip-gangster wannabees, "infants."

(-) Ions is like the storm itself and its aftermath. the 'tidal wave' has come and wiped everything away.

*tips hat*

All I can say is I enjoyed this post.

Cheers

K1DA
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't see anything wrong with your interpretation. Gotta admit I don't read into the Jungian Psych. thing too much with Aenima though.

My honest opinion of what gave birth to the lyrics of Pushit would be Maynard's feelings about his abusive father (though I can't say for sure and won't try to insist).

As for nothin to say...
I don't think anyone who shares their 2 cents about the content of any Tool song has nothin to say ; )
The deal with "Aenima" is, it is a play on 2 words, "enema," which your probably familiar, and "anima," which is a feministic part of the unconscious, true inner self of a man as opposed to the persona/ego/part of self that is projected to others. This has strong ties to the "shadow" spoken about in 46&2.
As far as the eulogy quote, I only referenced another Tool fan because I know he seems to take offense to people quoting one tool song in reference to another. In that song I believe he is speaking about the ego as well, referring to it as "he" since the Anima is feminine in nature. Having "a lot to say" or speaking in general is a characteristic of the left brain, or male dominated hemisphere.

theamazingtool
06-30-2008, 07:34 PM
referring to the "left brain" is like referring to the "correct choice". everything is not so black and white, right or wrong. it is not like the left brain is a MALE dominated hemisphere, seperate and independent. the brain is simply, not this simple. the year is 2008 and we now know much more about the human brain than we did even a decade ago...

dxs
06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
It is said that I am right brained.

But that's kind of dumb, seeing as to how we use so little of our brains for daily function.

dxs
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Microsoft.

K1DA
07-01-2008, 08:41 AM
All I'm saying is, several fuctions of the left hemisphere of the brain have correlations with inherently male characteristics. It's also proven that females use both sides of the brain simultaneously, or use lateral (US!!!) thinking, better than males. The use of lateral thinking stimulates "out of the box" thinking, and improves communication among other things. No one uses both side eqally, thus everyone uses one side predominantly, or is a "left/right brain person." That doesn't mean one is only able to use one hemisphere. Check out the Schism video for a more in depth assessment.
Also, I think this article is kind of related http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=90343

K1DA
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
But that's kind of dumb, seeing as to how we use so little of our brains for daily function.Speak for yourself. However, it is true that humans in general use a very little % of the brain throughout life.

base metal
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
The deal with "Aenima" is, it is a play on 2 words, "enema," which your probably familiar, and "anima," which is a feministic part of the unconscious, true inner self of a man as opposed to the persona/ego/part of self that is projected to others. This has strong ties to the "shadow" spoken about in 46&2.

Yeah, I'm familiar with all this. It's kind of like the way Keenan established his more aggressive style with tool, then flipped it to a more "sensitive" vibe with apc. I was mainly referring to the overanalysis that I think goes on 'round here every now and then.

As far as the eulogy quote, I only referenced another Tool fan because I know he seems to take offense to people quoting one tool song in reference to another. In that song I believe he is speaking about the ego as well, referring to it as "he" since the Anima is feminine in nature. Having "a lot to say" or speaking in general is a characteristic of the left brain, or male dominated hemisphere.

I gotcha. No worries..

Inner_Eulogy
07-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Huh?

Inner_Eulogy
07-01-2008, 11:32 AM

I must say that I disagree entirely with these statements. How is an infant crying in any way an ignorant asshole? A baby is innocent and free from sin, a baby knows nothing and starts from scratch. They have no means to express themselves other than to cry or smile (and even that takes several months before they can smile). A "grown asshole" complaining and worrying about stupid shit is entirely different from the reasoning of a baby crying.

K1DA
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Huh?

my post really had nothing to do with you other than to try and get a rise. I was talking about songs, using other songs, see a few posts up.

theamazingtool
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I must say that I disagree entirely with these statements. How is an infant crying in any way an ignorant asshole? A baby is innocent and free from sin, a baby knows nothing and starts from scratch. They have no means to express themselves other than to cry or smile (and even that takes several months before they can smile). A "grown asshole" complaining and worrying about stupid shit is entirely different from the reasoning of a baby crying.

my bad innerdude, sorry to dissapoint you. agree to disagree

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2008, 05:08 AM
my post really had nothing to do with you other than to try and get a rise. I was talking about songs, using other songs, see a few posts up.

Ah, oh well....it's a little harder to get a rise out of me these days. Whatever floats ya' boat though.

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2008, 05:10 AM
my bad innerdude, sorry to dissapoint you. agree to disagree

It's completely fine, but if you're still in disagreement then please share your thoughts. Or perhaps if I misunderstood what you were trying to say then please reiterate.

K1DA
07-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I've read various reports of people who use both hemispheres equally.That's pretty inspiring, but to me, the notion that over a person's life they use one hemisphere precisely as much as the other is a millon to one chance. I'd love to see the research...

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
That's pretty inspiring, but to me, the notion that over a person's life they use one hemisphere precisely as much as the other is a millon to one chance. I'd love to see the research...

There is no normal person that doesn't use both sides of their brain. Anybody that says males only use one side and females the other is a moron and should go learn a bit about the anatomy of the human brain and what each part's function is.

Inner_Eulogy
07-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Exactly.

Besides, in this case, "equally" can be interpreted with a decent margin for error. 53/47, if such a thing could even be measured with such precision, can be written off as basically equal since the favor of one side is not much greater than the other.

Agreed, granted it may be true that women may use certain areas of the brain moreso than guys and vice versa giving their differently wired naturally but no such thing as one side or the other.

theamazingtool
07-05-2008, 05:09 PM

A baby is ignorant to the world around it. Hearing the baby cry in cesaro summability, is perhaps metaphorical to the way the ignorant people, as described in Ainima, bitch and moan about essentially, meaningless shit. Fucking cry baby...

Inner_Eulogy
07-07-2008, 05:01 AM
A baby is ignorant to the world around it. Hearing the baby cry in cesaro summability, is perhaps metaphorical to the way the ignorant people, as described in Ainima, bitch and moan about essentially, meaningless shit. Fucking cry baby...

I don't think that's what it meant. I think it was more of a sign of birth or being reborn. Similar to how the whole album concept was to flush away the old and in with the new.

K1DA
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
There is no normal person that doesn't use both sides of their brain. Anybody that says males only use one side and females the other is a moron and should go learn a bit about the anatomy of the human brain and what each part's function is.

Why did you quote me on this post? Your post has nothing to do with mine...

Exactly.

Besides, in this case, "equally" can be interpreted with a decent margin for error. 53/47, if such a thing could even be measured with such precision, can be written off as basically equal since the favor of one side is not much greater than the other.basically equal, your right. But not equal. It appears that you wish to conflict with me rather than work together towards a common goal. This is a disturbing trend on this forum. People love to argue over trivial matters that generally don't affect the big picture.

Inner_Eulogy
07-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Why did you quote me on this post? Your post has nothing to do with mine...

Originally Posted by K1DA
That's pretty inspiring, but to me, the notion that over a person's life they use one hemisphere precisely as much as the other is a millon to one chance. I'd love to see the research...

Let's try rereading your post now here for just a sec...hmm, yes, reference to someone using only one hemisphere....I'm trying really hard to find a connection as to why I quoted alongside your post but I just can't figure it out, brain hurts, there's gotta be a clue....

Seriously?!

Anyhow, I wasn't calling you out. I just made the response to your post because you mentioned something along those lines.

K1DA
07-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by K1DA

Let's try rereading your post now here for just a sec...hmm, yes, reference to someone using only one hemisphere....I'm trying really hard to find a connection as to why I quoted alongside your post but I just can't figure it out, brain hurts, there's gotta be a clue....

Seriously?!

Anyhow, I wasn't calling you out. I just made the response to your post because you mentioned something along those lines.

I never, in this thread or in the past like 8 year, have said anything about someone using ONLY one hemisphere of his/her brain. In that post I said someone using both hemispheres precisely an equal amount seems like a really long shot, not as long as someone using ONLY 1 side though.

Inner_Eulogy
07-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I never, in this thread or in the past like 8 year, have said anything about someone using ONLY one hemisphere of his/her brain. In that post I said someone using both hemispheres precisely an equal amount seems like a really long shot, not as long as someone using ONLY 1 side though.

You still just don't get it do you?

I never once said that that IS what you said. All I said was that you had made a reference to the brain's hemispheres in general which in turn made me stop and think about the convo that was going on regarding one-sided (left/right) thinking and so I simply responded to your post which it was referenced in.

I just told you a minute ago that I wasn't calling you out (which I normally would and made you feel stupid) but you're really giving me ammo here with that thick skull.

K1DA
07-09-2008, 09:57 AM
lol wow. somebody doesn't get it, for sure.

Inner_Eulogy
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
lol wow. somebody doesn't get it, for sure.

*sigh* Yes, K1DA...we've already established that. Now you're starting to sound like a 3yr old that repeats everything he hears.

K1DA
07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I just don't like your exclusionary language. You say that there is no human being ever who has ever used both hemispheres equally, and I say that the possibility of such is too great to rule out. I'll argue with anyone who takes a black and white stance on an issue in a world with shades of grey.
I said that in one of my first posts because I thought that to be true, that it is impossible to be a 100% perfect lateral thinker. I now know that is not fact and I realize that there is a very good possibility that it has happened, but I've never heard of a documented case.

K1DA
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
*sigh* Yes, K1DA...we've already established that. Now you're starting to sound like a 3yr old that repeats everything he hears.
you have 3000+ posts on this message board. IMO you have a few other things to catch on to besides this thread.

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2008, 05:00 AM
you have 3000+ posts on this message board. IMO you have a few other things to catch on to besides this thread.

So fucking what. And it doesn't mean shit. I've been a member since 2003. Rivek's been here for less than a year and has more posts then me, so what's your fucking point dipshit.

blake_bergeron
07-10-2008, 05:27 AM
So fucking what. And it doesn't mean shit. I've been a member since 2003. Rivek's been here for less than a year and has more posts then me, so what's your fucking point dipshit.

burn... just thought i'd chime in :)

dxs
07-10-2008, 05:49 AM

Judging by posts obviously marks that some people can't even use a half of their brains.

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2008, 06:18 AM
No kiddin. I'm a Tool fan, have been for many years, I enjoy posting on here when time allows, I've talked to many people on here for years...most of which have either not been around for a long time anymore or have moved to the interact sections. Nonetheless, I AM 30yrs old, I DO have a wonderful son and I DID share the fact that I was happy to have gotten laid over the weekend considering I've been single for a while now. I DON'T give 2 shits what some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown thinks about me. Kinda' funny how he called me out for sharing the fact that I got laid and then immediately turned around and boasted how he he was a college athelete with a pretty girlfriend....HAHA fucking hypocrite loser. I took martial arts for nearly 10yrs in different disciplines and I'd love to show you how much your college athletics mean to me....sissy

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
...or have moved to the interact sections.

Interact is fairly strange. ^^

blake_bergeron
07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
No kiddin. I'm a Tool fan, have been for many years, I enjoy posting on here when time allows, I've talked to many people on here for years...most of which have either not been around for a long time anymore or have moved to the interact sections. Nonetheless, I AM 30yrs old, I DO have a wonderful son and I DID share the fact that I was happy to have gotten laid over the weekend considering I've been single for a while now. I DON'T give 2 shits what some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown thinks about me. Kinda' funny how he called me out for sharing the fact that I got laid and then immediately turned around and boasted how he he was a college athelete with a pretty girlfriend....HAHA fucking hypocrite loser. I took martial arts for nearly 10yrs in different disciplines and I'd love to show you how much your college athletics mean to me....sissy

once again... BUUUUUUUUUURN... sissy...

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Interact is fairly strange. ^^

I much prefer these boards. My boys, Inner, Rivek, Esurient and you use these forums which means they are far greater than Interact. I've made a few interact posts, but don't care much for most of the users there.

dxs
07-10-2008, 06:56 AM
For some reason I don't really like the vibe Interact gives off. It's too restricted.
Dan prowls there all the time. Even if his posts aren't much better than ours.

Especially with the kinky---yes, kinky---backgrounds that don the area, I don't go there much.

blake_bergeron
07-10-2008, 06:59 AM
For some reason I don't really like the vibe Interact gives off. It's too restricted.
Dan prowls there all the time. Even if his posts aren't much better than ours.

Especially with the kinky---yes, kinky---backgrounds that don the area, I don't go there much.

i either don't know how or am unable to go there...

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:03 AM
You're not missing much. It's just either talking about drugs, penis's, fecal matter or seemingly inside jokes.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
i either don't know how or am unable to go there...

You've probably had access to it for a fucking long while, it's just that you didn't know it.
That's how it went for me.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:05 AM
You're not missing much. It's just either talking about drugs, penis's, fecal matter or seemingly inside jokes.

And the new one, the Bruce Lee section.

blake_bergeron
07-10-2008, 07:06 AM
You've probably had access to it for a fucking long while, it's just that you didn't know it.
That's how it went for me.

well how do you get to it?!?!?

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Go on the home page, and look for the Interact section.

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I just hit new posts one day and say all these bullshit forums. Now I have to scroll through pages of "new posts" to find the threads I actually want to reply to. I wish they took away my interact privileges.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Hey, that's what I did.

blake_bergeron
07-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Go on the home page, and look for the Interact section.

thanks...

Yast3r
07-10-2008, 07:20 AM
http://www.toolnavy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71 Here Blake, that's interact.

dxs
07-10-2008, 07:21 AM
thanks...

How'd it go, man?

blake_bergeron
07-11-2008, 05:32 AM
How'd it go, man?

i actually just checked it out... found an interesting thread about 2012, which i'm really interested in... so we'll wait and see how that goes... i'd love to hear everyone's opinion on that subject... i find it extremely fascinating... i'm also interested in the number phi or the golden ratio... that's some crazy shit... and one crazy little anecdote that ties the 2012 thing in with the golden ratio... if you take the number of years from 2012(the end of the mayan long count calendar) and when the mayans long count started you get 5127... about... if you divide that number by phi(1.618) and then look at that number as a year, i.e. 5127/1.618=3168.72... that 3168 number as a year is 1155BC... in that 2012-3168=-1155... very important things in history happen in these years... i don't know any specific things that happened in 1155bc, but if you keep dividing your answer by phi(1.618) a lot of those years are very important in our history... the next one i've calculated is in the beginning of next year... so lets just wait and see what happens...

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Do you have a site that goes on about the ratio/important dates? You've slightly intrigued me yet also gotten me very confused. ;\

blake_bergeron
07-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Do you have a site that goes on about the ratio/important dates? You've slightly intrigued me yet also gotten me very confused. ;\

no... i only heard it mentioned in a talk by david wilcock... so i decided to try it out for myself... i took a look at some of the years it landed on and i was pretty shocked at some of them... like one of the y ears it landed on was 1903... so i looked up stuff that happened that year... (and keep in mind, the mayan calendar was a timeline of consciousness evolution... not of a calendar of anything tangible)... and i found that that year was the year ford motor company started... the wright bros. first flight took place... and that was the first year lupus was treated... the next year was 1945... that was the year hitler died... the UN was established... atom bomb dropped on hiroshima... B-25 bomber hits the empire state building(and we can get into 911 conspiracy stuff if anyone wants)... and the first computer was completed... the next year was 1971... this year the holograph was invented and the voting age is dropped to 18... and the next one to occur is in 2009... the division is 2009.1 to be exact... that's why i said at the beginning of the year... once again, this isn't something i found specifically, i heard it mentioned and did my own division and research... do it for yourself... it's pretty interesting...

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 08:15 AM
And the new one, the Bruce Lee section.

That one I might actually like....Bruce Lee was the shit

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Actually, I've been around since 2003

Well, I was referring to this account you just started....you know what I meant

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
i actually just checked it out... found an interesting thread about 2012, which i'm really interested in... so we'll wait and see how that goes... i'd love to hear everyone's opinion on that subject... i find it extremely fascinating... i'm also interested in the number phi or the golden ratio... that's some crazy shit... and one crazy little anecdote that ties the 2012 thing in with the golden ratio... if you take the number of years from 2012(the end of the mayan long count calendar) and when the mayans long count started you get 5127... about... if you divide that number by phi(1.618) and then look at that number as a year, i.e. 5127/1.618=3168.72... that 3168 number as a year is 1155BC... in that 2012-3168=-1155... very important things in history happen in these years... i don't know any specific things that happened in 1155bc, but if you keep dividing your answer by phi(1.618) a lot of those years are very important in our history... the next one i've calculated is in the beginning of next year... so lets just wait and see what happens...

Haha, wow...talk about OVER analyzing....more power to ya'

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't know about over analyzing, but it's neat little tidbits based of a theory he has heard. I think its interesting, but doesn't really point to anything.

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't know about over analyzing, but it's neat little tidbits based of a theory he has heard. I think its interesting, but doesn't really point to anything.

Yeah, it's kind of interesting to me too but I hate math......

.....and I'm an accountant....go figure

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 08:34 AM
You're an accountant? I never would have pegged you as such. My sister's was going through as an accountant right--but switched over to human resources after finding that she slowly grew to hate it lol.

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 08:44 AM
You're an accountant? I never would have pegged you as such. My sister's was going through as an accountant right--but switched over to human resources after finding that she slowly grew to hate it lol.

haha, me neither....I just kind of landed into it by chance. I do plenty more than just accounting functions though in my position as Account Manager so it keeps it bearable so that I'm not just number crunching all day

Yast3r
07-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I give props to you for working in an office environment at all. I worked last summer at an office for about 3 weeks and wanted to go put my head under the tire of a backing up vehicle. I need to do something abit more creative than that, which is why I ended up taking television/film broadcasting.

Life sucks, you either go with what you want to do and struggle to find a job, or go with something you hate and can walk into any place and find one.

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I give props to you for working in an office environment at all. I worked last summer at an office for about 3 weeks and wanted to go put my head under the tire of a backing up vehicle. I need to do something abit more creative than that, which is why I ended up taking television/film broadcasting.

Life sucks, you either go with what you want to do and struggle to find a job, or go with something you hate and can walk into any place and find one.

Purdy much

blake_bergeron
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Haha, wow...talk about OVER analyzing....more power to ya'

it's just analyzing... not over analyzing... just because it's more work than you would do because you hate math, doesn't make it overanalyzing... the act of doing is measured by the one doing the act...

and whos to say seperating body from mind is a bad thing??? ever think about the mind being a burden??? we as humans have natural instincts... like flinching... you don't think, "hey i should flinch" you just do it... it's your intuition that makes you do it... the mind has nothing to do with it... so maybe our minds are burdens on our souls who only get to come out every now and then... when the time for them to is absolutely crucial...

Inner_Eulogy
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
seperating

And WHO can't spell?

FYI, it's separating....genius

dxs
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Ah, that's what I'm doing.

dxs
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it's kind of interesting to me too but I hate math......

.....and I'm an accountant....go figure

pwat???
never have guessed.

dxs
07-11-2008, 06:04 PM
That one I might actually like....Bruce Lee was the shit

we get cool numbers. XD

theamazingtool
07-11-2008, 08:00 PM

sounds like your DO GIVE TWO SHITS what "some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown" thinks, if you are talking about it in ANOTHER FORUM. and for boasting, someone asked me about how i spend my time, so therefore I clarified.

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 06:11 AM
sounds like your DO GIVE TWO SHITS what "some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown" thinks, if you are talking about it in ANOTHER FORUM. and for boasting, someone asked me about how i spend my time, so therefore I clarified.

I thought I'd clarify that ti was me that asked how you spend your time. Then I told you to fuck off.

dxs
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
You know, at least when I got into a flamewar with people it was about their ideas, not just a slew of ad hominems.

This whole thing, and both of you, are pretty pathetic.

homonyms?

theamazingtool
07-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I thought I'd clarify that ti was me that asked how you spend your time. Then I told you to fuck off.

indeed it was. you called me a "shit-branied asshole" haha, you sound like an 8 year old that just learned to swear...

dxs
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
indeed it was. you called me a "shit-branied asshole" haha, you sound like an 8 year old that just learned to swear...

Like those called stupidass?
*coughlikesomeoneherecoughcough*

Yast3r
07-12-2008, 02:15 PM

First of all, it was pretty evident that I was trying to resort to your level of intellect (and or maturity) when I called you that name.

dxs
07-12-2008, 08:02 PM
First of all, it was pretty evident that I was trying to resort to your level of intellect (and or maturity) when I called you that name.

Most of the time, I call people a 'doosh bagg'.

dxs
07-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Ad Hominem arguments, attacking the person instead of their points of discussion.

It's a logical fallacy and a false means to win an argument.

Oh, I've had that against me. :/

K1DA
07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
So fucking what. And it doesn't mean shit. I've been a member since 2003. Rivek's been here for less than a year and has more posts then me, so what's your fucking point dipshit.I'm glad you have a friend that is worst off than you... wierd. If you want to get laid more often, make conversation and friends in the real world instead of the virtual world. Sick burn with the curse word per sentence thing going on, though. Intelligence!

Who needs to get laid when it's so much better to sit at home and jerk each other off on toolnavy.com? Just ask blakeburgeon what to do, I'm sure he can't wait to tell you and he sure seems to have his shit together.

dxs
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Intelligence!
Werd to the Weird:
Sick burn with the cool curse.
Ask blakeburgeon
what to do
what to do

icy hot pain relief.

dxs
07-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey, both of you, leave me out of your dumb shit. I've got a band and good friends and I'm getting laid pretty regularly, I'd rather not be dragged into all this.

Well put.
I'd say the same thing if I were picked on.
However, nay to the near end.

Yast3r
07-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Well put.
I'd say the same thing if I were picked on.
However, nay to the near end.

I think everyone can say that. There are little people here who are complete recluses. I mean, me and you post here alot... but overall maybe 20 minutes a day is spent on here? For me, this time comes when I'm doing my job--looking after my website and keeping it up to date. When I have a dull moment I pop on here and chat with friends.

K1DA just simply cant make any friends here so he looks at it in a cynical light.

dxs
07-13-2008, 07:14 AM
I think everyone can say that. There are little people here who are complete recluses. I mean, me and you post here alot... but overall maybe 20 minutes a day is spent on here? For me, this time comes when I'm doing my job--looking after my website and keeping it up to date. When I have a dull moment I pop on here and chat with friends.

K1DA just simply cant make any friends here so he looks at it in a cynical light.

I want to go buy a cynical lightbulb so it can hypnotize me into it's ways for a day.

Technically, when I'm on toolnavy, I'm on fifty diff sites at the same time.
I keep my windows open, in case anyone's open for contact.

But aside from that, I have a pretty fruitful social life.

Why can't you make any friends, K1DA?

dxs
07-13-2008, 07:14 AM
I think I've been saying the same thing for some time now.

I don't think it's repetitive.

Yast3r
07-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't think it's repetitive.

Lmao I love how that's not dying. As for your question:
Why can't you make any friends, K1DA?

It's because he's an obnoxious ass who likes to put down other people for spending some time on a forum. He's far too cool to interact with people over a message board.

dxs
07-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Lmao I love how that's not dying. As for your question:

It's because he's an obnoxious ass who likes to put down other people for spending some time on a forum. He's far too cool to interact with people over a message board.

Really? I thought he was more the kind that was too AFRAID to interact with people over a message board.

dxs
07-13-2008, 09:32 PM
The sad thing you'll find is that almost everyone else outside of you, me, and dxs, like to do the same thing, but just don't have the balls to do so 99% of the time.

And one of those three don't have balls ahahaha

Yast3r
07-14-2008, 05:04 AM
And one of those three don't have balls ahahaha

That's definitely a self nomination on your part.

K1DA
07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Sorry for referring to you rivek, I wasn't thinking perfectly when I made that post. Thanks for not using the usual mentality I see from the little group, mindlessly jumping on anyone that disagrees with one of the members.

The only person I'm putting down is inner eulogy, the only reason I do so is because I've seen the dude unleash merciless verbal assaults on fellow tool fans for completely unjust reasons. Things like posting an interpretation of a song that doesn't link up well with inner eulogy's own interpretations. Most often his targets have ideas that seem to be too "out there" for him. I feel it is precisely these ideas (in general, not just in tool) that need more contemplation, the kind of contemplation most only give to the conservative, too "in there" ideas that are presented to the masses in bulk daily.

You guys are right that I don't go out of my way to make friends here, which I know is definitely not a positive characteristic, and I apologize for that. I don't spend nearly 20 minutes a day here though, and the reason I came here was for information about tool and to see what kind of thoughts people had about the band, not to make friends. I'm not going to give some spiel about how awesome my social life is but rest assured, I'm making it. No band though, but I haven't been playing for too long. Hope for the best with yours, rivek.

dxs
07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
That's definitely a self nomination on your part.

Grammy.
Wheee.

dxs
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Lol, thanks for the wishes and the understanding at my objections. One thing I don't understand though... why do so many people seem to think that 20 minutes is a very long time spent doing something?

I don't consider anything entertainment-wise really worth doing unless it takes up around half an hour or so... and closer to two or three hours if it involves socializing with people I know in real life. Am I in the minority for wanting to spend so much time on things? Has our instant-gratification culture left me in the dust?

As far as I know of, it seems only Yast3r's said that.

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:07 AM
This whole thing, and both of you, are pretty pathetic.

Fortunately for us, not nearly as pathetic as you.

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:08 AM
homonyms?

lol

blake_bergeron
07-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Has our instant-gratification culture left me in the dust?

all right mister "holier-than-thou"... lets just calm down... who do you think you are??? maynard??? lol...

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm glad you have a friend that is worst off than you... wierd. If you want to get laid more often, make conversation and friends in the real world instead of the virtual world. Sick burn with the curse word per sentence thing going on, though. Intelligence!

Who needs to get laid when it's so much better to sit at home and jerk each other off on toolnavy.com? Just ask blakeburgeon what to do, I'm sure he can't wait to tell you and he sure seems to have his shit together.

Right, because I waste my time on here out of my normal life. Another false fact from a fucking moron without any facts. The only time I'm on here with a very rare exception is during work. I don't have any "friends" on here, only people that I've talked to quite a bit as time has passed and I've got plenty of friends and family in the "real world" as you put it. If you're so fucking cool then why the fuck are you on here big shot? Shouldn't you be doing something more productive yourself?

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey, both of you, leave me out of your dumb shit. I've got a band and good friends and I'm getting laid pretty regularly, I'd rather not be dragged into all this.

Quit your fucking whining Rivek, you flame people all the time and put others down while you walk around here like you're some fucking god with a napoleon complex. You're a two faced egotisical twat. And now you even want to attack me and shit. Pissing on your own kettle.

blake_bergeron
07-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Quit your fucking whining Rivek, you flame people all the time and put others down while you walk around here like you're some fucking god with a napoleon complex. You're a two faced egotisical twat. And now you even want to attack me and shit. Pissing on your own kettle.

first off no one walks around here... it's the internet... we don't have legs... we're just a collection of thoughts talking shit to each other... no reason for any one to get so bent out of shape... who gives a fuck if rivek whines and blames(or flames, don't know if that was a typo or i just don't know the lingo) and puts people down... who gives a shit... we all do it... it's fun... it's why we're here... it's shit we wouldn't normally say to anyone(at least i hope not) and here's where we vent... nothing personal... so there's no reason to get upset IE or rivek or anyone else... just enjoy the ozzy and keep your mouth shut...

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:24 AM
The only person I'm putting down is inner eulogy, the only reason I do so is because I've seen the dude unleash merciless verbal assaults on fellow tool fans for completely unjust reasons. Things like posting an interpretation of a song that doesn't link up well with inner eulogy's own interpretations. Most often his targets have ideas that seem to be too "out there" for him. I feel it is precisely these ideas (in general, not just in tool) that need more contemplation, the kind of contemplation most only give to the conservative, too "in there" ideas that are presented to the masses in bulk daily.

You guys are right that I don't go out of my way to make friends here, which I know is definitely not a positive characteristic, and I apologize for that. I don't spend nearly 20 minutes a day here though, and the reason I came here was for information about tool and to see what kind of thoughts people had about the band, not to make friends. I'm not going to give some spiel about how awesome my social life is but rest assured, I'm making it. No band though, but I haven't been playing for too long. Hope for the best with yours, rivek.

So have the rest of them, especially Rivek. Have you not paid attention, he and I were probably the 2 biggest dicks on here for a long time burning bitches left and right. But if you weren't such a fucking blind dumbfuck you might have noticed that it's been a long time since I've flamed anyone for anything. I was going through a rough time and used TDN for a while to channel those frustrations....that's passed for several months now. So again, when you want to start fucking running your mouth again...know your fucking facts dipshit.

Yast3r
07-15-2008, 05:26 AM
I don't have any "friends" on here

:(

Inner_Eulogy
07-15-2008, 05:28 AM
first off no one walks around here... it's the internet... we don't have legs... we're just a collection of thoughts talking shit to each other... no reason for any one to get so bent out of shape... who gives a fuck if rivek whines and blames(or flames, don't know if that was a typo or i just don't know the lingo) and puts people down... who gives a shit... we all do it... it's fun... it's why we're here... it's shit we wouldn't normally say to anyone(at least i hope not) and here's where we vent... nothing personal... so there's no reason to get upset IE or rivek or anyone else... just enjoy the ozzy and keep your mouth shut...

Sure thing Mr. taking things too literally. When I said walking around here, I meant it metaphorically. I wasn't aware that I would have to reiterate this in a 3rd grade level so that you would understand that.

As far as flaming on here, it does get annoying. I was doing it for a long time myself and have since tried to avoid doing so and not be such a dick. While others here still seem to thrive on it.

blake_bergeron
07-15-2008, 05:28 AM
So have the rest of them, especially Rivek. Have you not paid attention, he and I were probably the 2 biggest dicks on here for a long time burning bitches left and right. But if you weren't such a fucking blind dumbfuck you might have noticed that it's been a long time since I've flamed anyone for anything. I was going through a rough time and used TDN for a while to channel those frustrations....that's passed for several months now. So again, when you want to start fucking running your mouth again...know your fucking facts dipshit.

way to go IE... that's what i'm talking about... not to egg on or anything, but this is the place to vent so if you need to, let 'er rip...

dxs
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
You guys are right that I don't go out of my way to make friends here, which I know is definitely not a positive characteristic, and I apologize for that. I don't spend nearly 20 minutes a day here though, and the reason I came here was for information about tool and to see what kind of thoughts people had about the band, not to make friends.

It doesn't hurt anyone to start, dude.

blake_bergeron
07-16-2008, 05:17 AM
no one is a friend here... we're all just talking to talk and maybe learn something not make friends... i'm never out and say, "hey my friend inner eulogy or dxs or rivek or whoever said such and such"... no one i know knows about you and no one you know knows about me... so friends... no... people who can hurt your feelings... no... only true friends can hurt you because they know how... people you talk to over the internet... no... everyone needs to chill out...

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 06:07 AM
no one is a friend here... we're all just talking to talk and maybe learn something not make friends... i'm never out and say, "hey my friend inner eulogy or dxs or rivek or whoever said such and such"... no one i know knows about you and no one you know knows about me... so friends... no... people who can hurt your feelings... no... only true friends can hurt you because they know how... people you talk to over the internet... no... everyone needs to chill out...

I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. I used to be a major nerd and like some things I'd rather not say here at the expense of my dignity, but I met some friends on there--we still talk to this day 6 years later, and we both have seen each other on multiple occasions in real life. (Last summer my one friend visited for 2 months.)

So while you may be sort of correct, I wouldn't say so.

blake_bergeron
07-16-2008, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. I used to be a major nerd and like some things I'd rather not say here at the expense of my dignity, but I met some friends on there--we still talk to this day 6 years later, and we both have seen each other on multiple occasions in real life. (Last summer my one friend visited for 2 months.)

So while you may be sort of correct, I wouldn't say so.

well every point has it's exceptions and i guess you're one of them... but for the most part, i'm right... i mean what's the percentage of people on here who met here have ever met in person??? probably less than 3%...

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Well this site is rather different, but not necessarily impossible to make friends. I guess it depends what you call a friend. If its someone you spend time talking to, enjoy talking to and you have a personal connection--does that not make them a friend even though they are anonymous and don't know you in real life?

blake_bergeron
07-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Well this site is rather different, but not necessarily impossible to make friends. I guess it depends what you call a friend. If its someone you spend time talking to, enjoy talking to and you have a personal connection--does that not make them a friend even though they are anonymous and don't know you in real life?

well that's true... a friend is who ever you want her/him to be... it's different for everybody... as is everything... but a friend to me is someone i could trust with any information... someone who has my back no matter what and someone i could open up to and say anything to... and while i could do that here because none of you "know" me, i wouldn't... it would be pointless...

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
You know why I'm not really digging your flaming here, Inner? Because you used to be good at it. Witty, and factual. Now, as I said, you're just spewing a bunch of baseless ad hominems. It makes you look less like someone who's on form and more like someone who's flailing.

It's disappointing and kinda sad to watch. Try sticking to the discussion instead of character attacks.

Mostly because, as I've said, I've lost interest in just flaming people left and right. If I see some half assed twit trying to spread some nonsense on here I try to ignore it instead of ramming their stupidity back up their ass.

I dunno, I honestly didn't notice I had any change in my style of attack to begin with.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Also... two-faced?

lol, I didn't know that we had people here who take the "alliance" we used to joke about so seriously. Wasn't it you who just said you had no friends on this board?

LOOOOOL.

I did, and that's because I don't know anybody on here personally. It's the internet, however, there are still groups of people on here that normally get along and have each other's back per sey. That's what I was referring to.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
well that's true... a friend is who ever you want her/him to be... it's different for everybody... as is everything... but a friend to me is someone i could trust with any information... someone who has my back no matter what and someone i could open up to and say anything to... and while i could do that here because none of you "know" me, i wouldn't... it would be pointless...

I ran over a snake once

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I ran over a snake once

I hit a skunk last week.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I hit a skunk last week.

I like the smell of a run over skunk

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I think I did too, because I was very hungry.

Inner_Eulogy
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I think I did too, because I was very hungry.

Reminds me of a particular green plant

Yast3r
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Reminds me of a particular green plant

Alvera? Rhubarb?

blake_bergeron
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I ran over a snake once

thanks man...

Rolo
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
WIKI: "Skunk - cannabis is a potent strain of cannabis, grown through selective breeding and usually hydroponics, that is a cross-breed of Cannabis sativa and C. indica. Skunk cannabis potency ranges usually from 6% to 15% and rarely as high as 20%. The average THC level in coffeehouses in the Netherlands is about 18–19%"
Nederwiedewiedewiet

Rolo
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I could tell you that but then i would be lying. You'll have to use that plane ticket to move your ass overhere.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Alvera? Rhubarb?

Ummm....not exactly

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm kinda turning the same way on flaming people, but sometimes a fuckwit can get so annoying that someone has to shut them down before they'll chill out. And it seems these days when you hit the limit on someone that way and go after them, instead of being clever and witty about it you just spew a slew of half baked insults at them until they give up.

I mean, a sledgehammer works, but I'd kinda rather pick the lock myself, just because it's more suave.

Again, I didn't realize I was being any more witty and clever previously than presently

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Nederwiedewiedewiet

*cha-ching*

blake_bergeron
07-17-2008, 05:48 AM
*cha-ching*

is 1991???

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 06:30 AM
is 1991???

Huh?

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 06:35 AM
He forgot a very important it.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 07:56 AM
He forgot a very important it.

Still not sure what he was trying to say

Yast3r
07-17-2008, 08:02 AM
The whole "Cha-Ching" thing was probably popular in 1991.

K1DA
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Oh my god thank you, I love this thread! All started because I pushed the right (or wrong, depending on your paradigm) person's button. I don't see how anyone could be dissappointed in me, I'm sure it felt good for you all to let out your frustrations on a screen name. Healthy, who's to say? Keep in mind I referenced one person and what, 2 or 3 others jumped in for the flames. In case anyone forgot, this forum is to discuss a band which promotes peace, unity, and communication.

K1DA
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
way to go IE... that's what i'm talking about... not to egg on or anything, but this is the place to vent so if you need to, let 'er rip...
had to quote this one. dipshits. peace.

Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh my god thank you, I love this thread! All started because I pushed the right (or wrong, depending on your paradigm) person's button. I don't see how anyone could be dissappointed in me, I'm sure it felt good for you all to let out your frustrations on a screen name. Healthy, who's to say? Keep in mind I referenced one person and what, 2 or 3 others jumped in for the flames. In case anyone forgot, this forum is to discuss a band which promotes peace, unity, and communication.

Then perhaps you should quit acting like a egotistical dick. You started the shit with me if you don't recall.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 05:20 AM
had to quote this one. dipshits. peace.

is this a compliment or not??? if it's sarcasm i'm totally missing it...

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 05:27 AM
is this a compliment or not??? if it's sarcasm i'm totally missing it...

Nah, it's not sarcasm. He's just a cunt who thought you cared about his opinion.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Nah, it's not sarcasm. He's just a cunt who thought you cared about his opinion.

i guess so... thats sad...

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
i guess so... thats sad...

Most definately. I had to dab my eyes with a Kleenex a few times.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Most definately. I had to dab my eyes with a Kleenex a few times.

kleenex is a proper noun... that's improper usage unless it was actually a kleenex brand tissue...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
In the words of Michael Keaton in Multiplicity..."I like pizza"

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 10:59 AM

not so good a movie...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
not so good a movie...

Nah, but it has it's humorous moments

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry I think I posted in the wrong thread.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:01 AM
It was a kleenex brand tissue. I only use brand names.

You label whore you

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
How are you guys posting so fast in here? I just posted that I use kleenex in a reply to Blake and then I was about 5 posts down on the next page.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
How are you guys posting so fast in here? I just posted that I use kleenex in a reply to Blake and then I was about 5 posts down on the next page.

Too slow homeboy

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM

dial-up's a bitch man...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
dial-up's a bitch man...

BURNNN

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
BURNNN

it wasn't meant as a burn... i just remembered he was on dial up in canada...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
it wasn't meant as a burn... i just remembered he was on dial up in canada...

OOOHHHH, BURNed again....he lives in Canada

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
It's not too bad browsing this site actually. I was just preoccupied with the other threads.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
It's not too bad browsing this site actually. I was just preoccupied with the other threads.

speaking of, i just started a 911 thread in interact... i'd love to get your opinions on the subject...

Inner_Eulogy

Excuses excuses

Inner_Eulogy
speaking of, i just started a 911 thread in interact... i'd love to get your opinions on the subject...

Get get get get up get down 9-1-1 is jokin' your town

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Excuses excuses

And I make supper in between posts!..... really!

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
And I make supper in between posts!..... really!

whatcha cookin???

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:20 AM
whatcha cookin???

Cannn ya' smellll-l-l-l what the Yast3r iiissss cookiinnn

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
whatcha cookin???

Baked.....Pota....Noodles? :(

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Cannn ya' smellll-l-l-l what the Yast3r iiissss cookiinnn

nice...

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Wrestling used to be awesome. How dare you not know the Rock references.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:26 AM

He was the only guy ever worth watching because it was hilarious....

IT DOESN'T MATTA'

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:27 AM

my bad dude... damn...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM

Yeah dude, what the fuck

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
He was the only guy ever worth watching because it was hilarious....

IT DOESN'T MATTA'

Pfft, it was full of awesomeness. Like when Mankind fell through the cage and a chair landed on his face and his teeth/nose all broke. Totally wicked childhood memories.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
TooL quote? Hmm...

Are you attracted to me or something? You're following me around like a little puppy and throwing out these little one liners liek some pathetic pick up line attempt, or perhaps you're just lookinh for some attention. We're all here minding our own business having our own conversation and here you come along all looking for a hug but, ya' know what?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WANT A HUG!!!

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:36 AM

If he wants a hug up in here, gimme a hell yeah!

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Are you attracted to me or something? You're following me around like a little puppy and throwing out these little one liners liek some pathetic pick up line attempt, or perhaps you're just lookinh for some attention. We're all here minding our own business having our own conversation and here you come along all looking for a hug but, ya' know what?

they put the rock on ya bitch...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
they put the rock on ya bitch...

DAMN STRAIGHT BIAAATCH

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
DAMN STRAIGHT BIAAATCH

Stone Cold also made a cameo a few posts up.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Stone Cold also made a cameo a few posts up.

all right no more wrestling...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 11:59 AM

He tired himself out already wrestling his pigs while being all oiled up in the pen

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Lets start talking about something just as entertaining as a sport. NASCAR!

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Lets start talking about something just as entertaining as a sport. NASCAR!

in the words of jesse jackson... "i want to cut your nuts off"...

Rolo
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
He's already got a chainsaw...

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I went to Nascar last weekend at the Chicagoland Speedway....Kyle Busch won both on friday AND Sat, I won $100 betting on a race when I don't know shit about racing or Nascar...but it was fun and drunkeness

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I went to Nascar last weekend at the Chicagoland Speedway....Kyle Busch won both on friday AND Sat, I won $100 betting on a race when I don't know shit about racing or Nascar...but it was fun and drunkeness

i no longer respect you as a person... wait did you say drunkeness??? disregard first sentence...

Rolo
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Drunkeness is always a good excuse for fun, imo

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
F-F-F-FIX'D

Wow, you've been seeding through all these worthless posts? And your intention was for us to read that in the Mortal Kombat Demon Announcer voice, correct?

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
i no longer respect you as a person... wait did you say drunkeness??? disregard first sentence...

What, because I SHOULD like Nascar? Like all the good red blooded rednecks and their trailer homes?

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
What, because I SHOULD like Nascar? Like all the good red blooded rednecks and their trailer homes?

cars in circle just doesn't do it for me... just because i couldn't do it doesn't make it good... i put it together with nickelback...

dxs
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm baaaaaaack!

xD
Came back from OC.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm baaaaaaack!

xD
Came back from OC.

whats up d???

Yast3r
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm baaaaaaack!

xD
Came back from OC.

I thought that show got canned a long time ago.

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:18 PM

and rightly so...

Rolo
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
cars in circle just doesn't do it for me... just because i couldn't do it doesn't make it good... i put it together with nickelback...

LOL.

Yeah, i also don't understand people who set there alarmclock at 4 am to watch a F-1 grand prix thats going on at the other end of the world.

dxs
07-18-2008, 12:25 PM

The show, not the place.

Inner_Eulogy
07-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Then you're dyslexic or blind altogether because apparently you don't have a clue what the fuck I said about Nascar

blake_bergeron
07-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Then you're dyslexic or blind altogether because apparently you don't have a clue what the fuck I said about Nascar

backwards shit say to known been have i...

dxs
07-18-2008, 12:32 PM

Pizza is to enjoy :)