PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you heard the string tribute version?

Googadust
12-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Nothing incredible, but definitely interesting. In the beginning, it sounds like a man climaxing, and the start of the actual music sounds a lot like a song when you get into a battle in an rpg; especially reminiscent of final fantasy games to me.

Jerk off
12-17-2002, 10:37 AM
I have that Cd and i love it to death. Its a mix of my two favorite music styles. Tool and Classical! I listen to it when i sleep and while I do home Work.
mW

Rice
01-05-2003, 07:08 PM
yeah, I was gonna buy that. I saw it at Sam Goody...and they had this import from England. It was just a biography. I don't know, I'll check it out and post something on it or whatever.

dawn.
01-05-2003, 07:25 PM
i've had this since the cd first came out...definatly worth the time to listen to...parts of it just gives me chills...

anyhow, i got in to an interesting conversation in the official marilyn manson board. believe me, that place is shit and its hard to get anyone to realize anything. someone from there thought the tool and nin stringed albums were all done in midi...i ended up posting scans, then asking for them to give me a link to where they heard that from...of course, i got no awnser.

The JoZ
03-30-2003, 10:02 PM
I bought this CD because I am both an avid Tool fan and a cellist myself...

About the only thing I don't like is the fact that they didn't emulate the killer ending of "The Grudge"...other than that, great stuff...

DisgracedEffigy
04-04-2003, 12:24 PM
I think the String Tribute to Tool is really good. The Section is incredibly talented in what they do. I can almost hear Maynard's voice when listening to the tribute. Their NiN tribute wasn't quite as good though.

circumsizedMind
04-05-2003, 04:16 AM
Whats this CD called and where can I find it fellas? Im from Sydney,Australia

DisgracedEffigy
04-05-2003, 02:37 PM
The String Tribute to Tool - The Section

Any record stroe should have this. Otherwise, search for the catalog nmber and ask them to get it.

etaipo
12-06-2006, 01:31 PM
It's amazing that Tool's music translates well over into Classical, but I miss the drums.

tomisatool
12-06-2006, 07:09 PM
The cd is excellent, my only problem is how they simulate Maynard singing, which at times can sound awesome and others sound really lame.

I would recommend it though, helps me get through term papers.

Ghostwriter
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Its just SWEET!