PDA

View Full Version : structure

porcelain anima
09-14-2003, 04:56 PM
I doubt any one out there is going to care about this but I'll waste my time any way. Yesterday I sat down and listened up to ticks and leeches, on lateralus, writing down each time the songs changed, in order to derive some type of formula. To see if there is a common thread to Tool's songs. And believe it or not I found one. Now this is kind of a strech from clear cut formulas like ABABA like most popular band have. but what I got was as follows: AAB and then some crazy stuff. If you look at the songs in depth the first half of "The grudge", "the patient", "schism", "Parabola", and "ticks and leeches" they all have two melodies working together in really interesting ways. this goes on for what is like two verses with no chorus between them. then there is something kinda like a chorus. after that the songs go crazy bridges leading to other bridges leading to mixes of other parts of the song. If there is some one out there who finds this interesting I'd like to hear what you think about all of this.