PDA

View Full Version : part of me is sick

theamazingtool
04-18-2008, 08:30 PM
this live version, along with its opiate version, are equally raw, badass classic tool. they should get more recognition...

1350 Days
08-01-2008, 05:30 PM
The 72826 version was better I thought.

And they have enough recognition; in fact I am guessing they want less.

And for the record, I thought you meant a part of you is sick. Just so you know.

theamazingtool
08-06-2008, 02:47 PM
never heard it. i would like to get my hands on 72826 tho...

1350 Days
08-08-2008, 05:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgXNFjIWt8

Not for everyone, but personally I think this is the best version. Much more raw than the Opiate (and especially Salival) version(s).

theamazingtool
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
i like it, but still couldn't pick a favorite out of the three.

theamazingtool
01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
ive said it before and ill say it again.

good tune.

im listening to it right now actually

Yast3r
01-03-2009, 04:07 PM
ive said it before and ill say it again.

good tune.

im listening to it right now actually

At first I thought you mentioned tuna, but then I saw you didn't so I decided to just post this so we can turn this into a conversation about tuna as opposed to this song.

Perhaps tuna makes a part of me sick due to the silver content...

gonzo
01-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Part of me gets sick just thinking about tuna.

Strewth
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
I've never attempted tuna while listening to Part of Me. I think, though, based on the sensations in my stomach considering tuna right now, more than part of me would be sick if I tried it at the moment, or maybe any moment.

Now I can taste it.

O, the horror.

gonzo
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I believe a past girlfriend broke up with me over a tuna fish lunch and then left me with the bill. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.
"Sorry, Charlie," she said, "But there's more fish in the sea."
I need a new bird, I was thinking. And I said something like;
"Fierce invalids home from hot climates like parrot stew."
"Fuck you," she said.
You already kinda' alluded to that when you dumped me, I mentioned. And so on...

Anyway. I like that song Part of Me.

Strewth
01-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I like smoking cigarettes and drinking tea.

I found a cinnamon lollypop sitting on the table this morning when I woke up.

It looks like it's made of the same stuff as Red Hots. Which worries me. It's also SQUARE, and a little bit pointy.

But now that I'm eating it, it isn't as hot as I expected.

The bright red deceived me.

Part of Me is a good song.

Yast3r
01-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Ehhh, I don't think I've listened to this song in a while. It never impressed me and despite inspiring me to recently consume 3 tuna sandwiches with varying amounts of mayonnaise, I still have no warm feelings towards it.

gonzo
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Ehhh, I don't think I've listened to this song in a while. It never impressed me and despite inspiring me to recently consume 3 tuna sandwiches with varying amounts of mayonnaise, I still have no warm feelings towards it.

Hellman's or Coolwhip?

Strewth
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I think you mean Miracle Whip. I hope you mean Miracle Whip...

Wait, no I don't.

Coolwhip bears more resemblance to mayonnaise than Miracle Whip.

01-04-2009, 02:44 PM
okay it seems you are talking about food, so in addition I bought Orville Redenbacher's gourmet popcorns and well. they taste like normal popcorns. It stated in the package that "Orville" developed the popcorns over 40 years to get it right, and he used science. hmm.

Strewth
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
They are lying to you.

It's the same as if you bought generic popcorn.

01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
They are lying to you.

It's the same as if you bought generic popcorn.

Yes, also these Traditional USA marshmallows tastes just like any other marshmallows. I also like them better cold than roasted.

Yast3r
01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I bought the light kind once because I noticed how significantly healthier it was. It tasted like a blend of cardboard, butter and Styrofoam.

Strewth
01-04-2009, 04:36 PM
That's because that's what it's made of.

gonzo
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I think you mean Miracle Whip. I hope you mean Miracle Whip...

Wait, no I don't.

Coolwhip bears more resemblance to mayonnaise than Miracle Whip.

Haha
I realized this mistake about 5 minutes ago. Hit me like a rail.
Jesus. I got waffles on the brain.
Miracle Whip. Yeah. I don't like that stuff.
So, yes, it was a subconscious slip.

Strewth
01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Everything is better with Coolwhip.

Except tuna sandwiches. =(

Yast3r
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Everything is better with Coolwhip.

Except tuna sandwiches. =(

Is this for certain? Have you tried it?

Strewth
01-04-2009, 05:14 PM
On accident.

Once...

It was at a picnic.

I don't want to talk about it.

Yast3r
01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
That's understandable. I assume an army of ants was involved and you probably lost the lower third of your right ear. (At least that's what vision comes to mind when I picture someone eating a Tuna and Coolwhip sandwich over the community of killer ants).

I wonder if Peanut Butter would work good as a replacement of Mayonnaise in a Tuna Sandwich?

Strewth
01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
How did you know...?

My deformity, o god...

But I doubt peanut butter's efficacy as a mayonnaise replacement in a tuna sandwich.

Yast3r
01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
How did you know...?

My deformity, o god...

But I doubt peanut butter's efficacy as a mayonnaise replacement in a tuna sandwich.

It's cheaper, more accessible, lasts longer and doesn't need refrigerated. I think its pretty efficient.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Peanut butter and Kippers.
On delicate crackers.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Peanut butter and Kippers.
On delicate crackers.

Ritz Crackers, more like.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
"Stop having a boring tuna, stop living a boring life; make a tuna salad, it's exciting, have an exciting life!" - Vince, The Shamwow Guy.

Words to live by.

theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Hellman's or Coolwhip?

cool-hwip

god i love family guy

Strewth
01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
You're hweird.

theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
i knhow

crincled
01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
i like it, but still couldn't pick a favorite out of the three.

the salival version or the demo version are easily better than the opiate version.

Ok, i heard the demo version, and i stand corrected.

salival V >>>>>>> opiate V > demo V.

theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
when i bumped this thread the other day, i was listening to salival and actually thinking bout how i liked it better than opiate. it been a while since i heard the demo tho...

gonzo
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm just jealous I don't have the Salival version.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm just jealous I don't have the Salival version.

Do you mean in physical form? Or Mp3?

gonzo
01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Mp3. Shit. I never thought of that. (I'm stunned sometimes!)
I was literally in the physical realm.
Now, I know how to get this elusive recording.
Thanks, mate.

crincled
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
it's no wonder... salival is a near relic, nowadays

gonzo
01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
it's no wonder... salival is a near relic, nowadays

Like my very first post, Better late than never...
I missed the Tool boat for a decade, fuck.
Now, it feels I'm racing to catch up.

Tool is musical sustenance.

Strewth
01-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I miss my Salival set...damnit.

theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I miss my Salival set...damnit.

i miss my DVD not working any longer

Strewth
01-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Bummer dood.

I would shit bricks if mine stopped working.

theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Bummer dood.

I would shit bricks if mine stopped working.

i thought u "missed ur salival set", as in; dont have it anymore?

Strewth
01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Well it's in storage.

And presumably still functions within normal parameters.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Someone around here absconded with my 'AAA' bateries obliterating my use of satellite.
I must 'Sherlock' this misadventure.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Someone around here absconded with my 'AAA' bateries obliterating my use of satellite.
I must 'Sherlock' this misadventure.

A common occurrence in my household. I usually have no luck in finding AAA, AA is a different story however.

Strewth
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I have many and varied types of batteries all about.

All I have to do is look for them.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:35 PM
A common occurrence in my household. I usually have no luck in finding AAA, AA is a different story however.

AA. Found like 40 of them.
AAA is like Salival.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
AA. Found like 40 of them.
AAA is like Salival.

It's really deceiving sometimes as well. You get your hopes up anticipating that a device uses AAA batteries only to find that it is solely running on the brute strength of a singular AA battery. Damn you deceptive alarm clock!

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I have many and varied types of batteries all about.

All I have to do is look for them.

I need a flashlight to look. And it's out of batteries, too.
No D's about, either.
I need 2 D's to find the 6 A's.

I'm like a puppy chasing it's tail.
And loving it!

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I need a flashlight to look. And it's out of batteries, too.
No D's about, either.
I need 2 D's to find the 6 A's.

I'm like a puppy chasing it's tail.
And loving it!

Ouch... 6? Sometimes I wish satellite's didn't have their own receivers so that I could still use the manual buttons on the television.... (I may already be living in the past, I'm not so sure if my LCD even has channel up and down buttons on its front.)

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
It's really deceiving sometimes as well. You get your hopes up anticipating that a device uses AAA batteries only to find that it is solely running on the brute strength of a singular AA battery. Damn you deceptive alarm clock!

D'oh.
Damn.
Why have you forsaken me great battery god?!
And curse you to hell alarm clock!

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Ouch... 6? Sometimes I wish satellite's didn't have their own receivers so that I could still use the manual buttons on the television.... (I may already be living in the past, I'm not so sure if my LCD even has channel up and down buttons on its front.)

I don't think they do anymore, the new ones.
There's no sense going near the set at all without a flickie.
They don't respond to human touch.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
D'oh.
Damn.
Why have you forsaken me great battery god?!
And curse you to hell alarm clock!

I believe it's already been there to record its morning chant. "ERRR-ERR-ERRR-ERR", It's cries nearly make my ears bleed as my head fills with thoughts of doubt as to whether or not I should attend class or work that day.

Which might I add always ends with me giving in to my duties and appearing where I'm required.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
No. Just two triple A batteries. 'AAA' + 'AAA'
So, I came up the 6 A-thing. 6 A's. Silly letter play.
I just need two. Well.

Not really. Shit. I could of taken the one from the basement up to my TV, the one by the IPOD docking station. But I really didn't want to, this was way more fun.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
No. Just two triple A batteries. 'AAA' + 'AAA'
So, I came up the 6 A-thing. 6 A's. Silly letter play.
I just need two. Well.

Not really. Shit. I could of taken the one from the basement up to my TV, the one by the IPOD docking station. But I really didn't want to, this was way more fun.

It's like a grown-up edition of an Easter hunt, except not as rewarding.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I believe it's already been there to record its morning chant. "ERRR-ERR-ERRR-ERR", It's cries nearly make my ears bleed as my head fills with thoughts of doubt as to whether or not I should attend class or work that day.

Which might I add always ends with me giving in to my duties and appearing where I'm required.

I play ping-pong, too, for a bit(snooze), until I get pissed off, and just get up.
Alarm sounds are made in hell.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I play ping-pong, too, for a bit(snooze), until I get pissed off, and just get up.
Alarm sounds are made in hell.

It doesn't matter what you start thinking after the alarm sounds--it has some kind of psychological advantage that cannot be defeated. You give in to its shrill warning and can never truly rest at ease after hearing it.

And to make matters worse, there is now no escape for me. My alarm clock works off battery and outlet and automatically detects the time and date with no buttons for adjustment. Such a creepy piece of technology to have next to my head as I lie defenseless. Let's just hope they don't continuously expand upon the alarm clocks arsenal of wake-up routines by equipping it with water guns.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
It's like a grown-up edition of an Easter hunt, except not as rewarding.

Exactly. Even if I win this hunt all I end up with is eye candy.
A calorie devoid emptiness washes over me.

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Exactly. Even if I win this hunt all I end up with is eye candy.
A calorie devoid emptiness washes over me.

Might I suggest the power of Cheetoh's?

gonzo
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
It doesn't matter what you start thinking after the alarm sounds--it has some kind of psychological advantage that cannot be defeated. You give in to its shrill warning and can never truly rest at ease after hearing it.

And to make matters worse, there is now no escape for me. My alarm clock works off battery and outlet and automatically detects the time and date with no buttons for adjustment. Such a creepy piece of technology to have next to my head as I lie defenseless. Let's just hope they don't continuously expand upon the alarm clocks arsenal of wake-up routines by equipping it with water guns.

I guess I wouldn't mind so much if the alarm clock could turn on the George Foreman Grill, and after one snooze push, the bacon was done. Split/splice it into the coffee maker, as well.

And then it said, "Good morning, sir. Your bacon is ready. Cream and sugar."
This is the dream.

gonzo
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Might I suggest the power of Cheetoh's?

Tonight. I believe a Brando is in order.
To the ice!

Yast3r
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I guess I wouldn't mind so much if the alarm clock could turn on the George Foreman Grill, and after one snooze push, the bacon was done. Split/splice it into the coffee maker, as well.

And then it said, "Good morning, sir. Your bacon is ready. Cream and sugar."
This is the dream.

That actually would be quite decent. If you can find me an alarm clock that can do that--I'd definitely buy it. Although I don't like the idea of a George Foreman Grill running while I'm sleeping (and being in my bedroom). I'd much prefer Hulk Hogan's Mean Lean Meat Grilling Machine.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 04:34 AM
That actually would be quite decent. If you can find me an alarm clock that can do that--I'd definitely buy it. Although I don't like the idea of a George Foreman Grill running while I'm sleeping (and being in my bedroom). I'd much prefer Hulk Hogan's Mean Lean Meat Grilling Machine.

I'd worry a tad, too. What with George or the Hulkster doing up the bacon whilst we sleep.
And what's with the macho grills, eh?

What about a Chris Rock Grill--it's fast, and ornery, and it'll cook yo' fuckin' meat.
Skinny guys.
Like, Anthony Perkins Vacancy Grill--does birds up fine, and takes all the calories away.
A Twilight Veggie Grill for the teenage crowd, but it won't grill anything with a soul.

Anyway. That was the dream. I'm gonna have to grill my own breakfast.
Tally-ho.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Jesus.
Part of me is sick, I can't stay on topic.
I need some FocusIn.

Yast3r
01-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Jesus.
Part of me is sick, I can't stay on topic.
I need some FocusIn.

Out of all my posts I think about 300 of them have been on topic.

Strewth
01-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Being on topic is overrated. It is also how threads die.

Yast3r
01-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Being on topic is overrated. It is also how threads die.

So we're essentially saving the album section of the boards with our off-topicness. That makes me feel good.

Strewth
01-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes. Without our consistently off-topic poaste, there would be NOTHING going on outside of interact, and we would probably all just leave.

Yast3r
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes. Without our consistently off-topic poaste, there would be NOTHING going on outside of interact, and we would probably all just leave.

Now that's the strewth.

Get it? Strewth? ...Funny right? I'll be here all night all.

Strewth
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to tip your transsexual waitresses.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
lol
It does make me feel pretty good.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Now that's the strewth.

Get it? Strewth? ...Funny right? I'll be here all night all.

That's the strewth.

Not that anyone asked but, this is how I made up my name.

A few years ago I read a book called, 'Half Asleep In Frog's Pajamas,' by Tom Robbins. And like Tom, I got fascinated by the Bozo tribe that lives along the Niger River in Africa. How for 5,000 years the Bozo have known of the existence of Sirius, the Dog Star, and the White Dwarf that orbits Sirius every 50 years. (This was discovered by telescope 150 years ago.) Now how did the Bozo knew about this? The Bozo also have a ritual in which a member of the tribe strikes a hollow rock during a major ceremony they have every 50 years, to pay homage to the White Dwarf. Furthermore, the Bozo also knew about the third moon in the star system.
I mean, 5,000 years before the telescope. Unbelievable. Mysterious.

Now, bored at the beginning of last summer, I was googling Terry Bozzio videos and one in particular caught my eye. Terry Bozzio vs. Danny Carey. I ventured in, and, well...
Everything shifted. I thought, man, there's something about Danny I should investigate. So, with a couple more google clicks, I found I liked Lateralus and 10,000 Days.

But I still wanted more. So I found some Tool sites, and picked this one, because it was free.
So, little bozzio, or lil' bozo, is what I came up with.
As in, this world is totally mysterious, yet I think I could keep a fifty year beat going.
Boom

Strewth
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Good on you, d00d.

Just keep swimming.

gonzo
01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Good on you, d00d.

Just keep swimming.

With the crocodiles, no less

Yast3r
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
With the crocodiles, no less

I was watching Taboo on National Geographic and there is this tribe that worships crocodiles. They tell their children that there is a giant temple filled with an alligator and that they must fight them in order to become men. They make the sounds and everything so that the tribesman(or boys in this case) get all fearful before they bust through a stick wall. On the other side of the wall is the towns ancestors with sharp and long sticks, used to poke and keep the boys away from the fortress. Those brave enough enter to fight the crocodile, but instead find out that they have to lie down and succumb to about 3 months of pain as they have every inch of their body sliced with razors to create the illusion of alligator skin.

I think they would have preferred to fight the crocodile.

theamazingtool
01-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I was watching Taboo on National Geographic and there is this tribe that worships crocodiles. They tell their children that there is a giant temple filled with an alligator and that they must fight them in order to become men. They make the sounds and everything so that the tribesman(or boys in this case) get all fearful before they bust through a stick wall. On the other side of the wall is the towns ancestors with sharp and long sticks, used to poke and keep the boys away from the fortress. Those brave enough enter to fight the crocodile, but instead find out that they have to lie down and succumb to about 3 months of pain as they have every inch of their body sliced with razors to create the illusion of alligator skin.

is that the show where you have to guess which stories are real and which are fake(taboo)? i could be totally wrong...

Strewth
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I think Taboo is about stuff that westerners usually find inappropriate or disturbing.

At least, there was a show like that with the same title a couple years back.

theamazingtool
01-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I think Taboo is about stuff that westerners usually find inappropriate or disturbing.

At least, there was a show like that with the same title a couple years back.

sounds highly disturbing and inappropriate

Strewth
01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I usually only found it moderately interesting, actually. It was one of those, I'm bored, so I guess I'll watch something fucked up on television things. PBS has freaked me out way more than that show did lol.

gonzo
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Bozo allow their children to swim in the river with the croc's. There is some venerated bond between human and crocodile. And they encounter no problems. No children have been eaten.

Yes. Instead of the razor tattoo ordeal, I'm sure they'd rather wrestle a croc. But they're not allowed. They learn, maybe, to suppress the urge to kill that which frightens them.
Pretty serious way to learn.

And yes. Us, westerners would have some issues with that, eh?
Not I, but...

gonzo
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I usually only found it moderately interesting, actually. It was one of those, I'm bored, so I guess I'll watch something fucked up on television things. PBS has freaked me out way more than that show did lol.

The Jerry Springer Show freaks me out.
And Rocket Robin Hood. lol

gonzo
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
sounds highly disturbing and inappropriate

Before I buy one of those leg lamps, does it provide enough light to read by?
'Cause when I get to a paragraph I don't really like I could stroke the lamp inappropriately.
Thereby, disturbing my neighbors.

C I dropped A U

theamazingtool
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Before I buy one of those leg lamps, does it provide enough light to read by?
'Cause when I get to a paragraph I don't really like I could stroke the lamp inappropriately.
Thereby, disturbing my neighbors.

C I dropped A U

YES.

my dad is actually most happy with the impressive yellow glow, that the lamp gives off, lighting up an entire room(or in his case, his work shop/beer drinking/pot smoking hangout)

"C I dropped A U" umm, what? i dont understand...

Strewth
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
He left out the U in neighbors.

Stroke the leg lamp, yeah. The leg won't mind; the neighbours might.

gonzo
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
YES.

my dad is actually most happy with the impressive yellow glow, that the lamp gives off, lighting up an entire room(or in his case, his work shop/beer drinking/pot smoking hangout)

"C I dropped A U" umm, what? i dont understand...

I was tired of British empirialism, so I'm boycotting u's in some words.

And yes. Yes. The lamp will be going into my workshop/hangout.

Yast3r
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I was tired of British empirialism, so I'm boycotting u's in some words.

And yes. Yes. The lamp will be going into my workshop/hangout.

Workshop eh? What do you work on in your shop?

gonzo
01-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Workshop eh? What do you work on in your shop?

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance.
Mostly art, but some days I work at eradicating the pain of being.

Strewth
01-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Tylenol usually works for me.

Yast3r
01-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Advil over here.

gonzo
01-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Advil + Brandy

gonzo
01-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Fuck it, I'm gonna post jump
I can't wait another sec

Karmic retribution. I bragged the other night about not getting sick. The next morning my head felt like cement and my hands like fucking balloons.

Thank you Advil and Brandy. Because tonight I'm at the Roger's Center for AC/DC, baby. Let the good times roll...

gonzo
01-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Advil over here.

Hey. There are some poastes missing here, right?
We were talking with someone from Texas, eh?

This is what I worry about most, waking up having lost my mind in dreams.

gonzo
01-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Yup. I'm an arse...
Beta, alpha, theta, delta...
At this delta level if I make myself believe I have scissorhands then there really is no point in smoking anymore. My habit is sliced and cut. And I will save money twice over because shaving is a cinch now.
Now, y'all can tell me to shut the fuck up.
I don't care, I hate myself more...and, back to the top.

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd worry a tad, too. What with George or the Hulkster doing up the bacon whilst we sleep.
And what's with the macho grills, eh?

What about a Chris Rock Grill--it's fast, and ornery, and it'll cook yo' fuckin' meat.
Skinny guys.
Like, Anthony Perkins Vacancy Grill--does birds up fine, and takes all the calories away.
A Twilight Veggie Grill for the teenage crowd, but it won't grill anything with a soul.

Anyway. That was the dream. I'm gonna have to grill my own breakfast.
Tally-ho.

LMAO....I find this funny

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
That's the strewth.

Not that anyone asked but, this is how I made up my name.

A few years ago I read a book called, 'Half Asleep In Frog's Pajamas,' by Tom Robbins. And like Tom, I got fascinated by the Bozo tribe that lives along the Niger River in Africa. How for 5,000 years the Bozo have known of the existence of Sirius, the Dog Star, and the White Dwarf that orbits Sirius every 50 years. (This was discovered by telescope 150 years ago.) Now how did the Bozo knew about this? The Bozo also have a ritual in which a member of the tribe strikes a hollow rock during a major ceremony they have every 50 years, to pay homage to the White Dwarf. Furthermore, the Bozo also knew about the third moon in the star system.
I mean, 5,000 years before the telescope. Unbelievable. Mysterious.

Now, bored at the beginning of last summer, I was googling Terry Bozzio videos and one in particular caught my eye. Terry Bozzio vs. Danny Carey. I ventured in, and, well...
Everything shifted. I thought, man, there's something about Danny I should investigate. So, with a couple more google clicks, I found I liked Lateralus and 10,000 Days.

But I still wanted more. So I found some Tool sites, and picked this one, because it was free.
So, little bozzio, or lil' bozo, is what I came up with.
As in, this world is totally mysterious, yet I think I could keep a fifty year beat going.
Boom

My guess is aliens (or known as the Gods or Angels perhaps to them) came and taught the ancients advanced things as such (ie. the Mayan Calendar, I-Ching, Bozo, Atlanteans, etc). However, as the human race became more and more self indulged and ignorant, the aliens backed off and instead chose to just view us "vicariously". They got fed up after having handing us all the "tools" to do so much better and we fucked it up (think the topic in Right In Two). Since, throughout the ages, all the ancient knowledge has been lost and filtered until entirely dissipating. Who knows, just food for thought, now fire up that George Forman grill.

...and look at us now.

Yast3r
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
My guess is aliens (or known as the Gods or Angels perhaps to them) came and taught the ancients advanced things as such (ie. the Mayan Calendar, I-Ching, Bozo, Atlanteans, etc). However, as the human race became more and more self indulged and ignorant, the aliens backed off and instead chose to just view us "vicariously". They got fed up after having handing us all the "tools" to do so much better and we fucked it up (think the topic in Right In Two). Since, throughout the ages, all the ancient knowledge has been lost and filtered until entirely dissipating. Who knows, just food for thought, now fire up that George Forman grill.

...and look at us now.

I don't like that theory at all. If there was a superior race who had witnessed our rise and impending fall, why would they not salvage the goods of the experiment? I mean... you have a cage full of hamsters and see that one has caught a disease and is infecting the others, surely you would remove it from the cage and find a way to dispose of it.

The same would be of an alien race. If they essentially taught us the fundamentals of life and showed us how to better ourselves, would they not eliminate the cancers and individuals who plague us as a whole? There would be a day when we'd see a giant claw reaching down from the sky, like in those toy vending machines, and it'd grab at everything that is leading us towards our destruction and it would throw it somewhere far away from the individuals who seek improvement and world peace (or just keep the people around who do not effect others in a negative fashion).

theamazingtool
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
wow, i havnt read any of this shit. thanks a lot guys, for ruining my SWEET fucking thread i had going here...

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't like that theory at all. If there was a superior race who had witnessed our rise and impending fall, why would they not salvage the goods of the experiment? I mean... you have a cage full of hamsters and see that one has caught a disease and is infecting the others, surely you would remove it from the cage and find a way to dispose of it.

The same would be of an alien race. If they essentially taught us the fundamentals of life and showed us how to better ourselves, would they not eliminate the cancers and individuals who plague us as a whole? There would be a day when we'd see a giant claw reaching down from the sky, like in those toy vending machines, and it'd grab at everything that is leading us towards our destruction and it would throw it somewhere far away from the individuals who seek improvement and world peace (or just keep the people around who do not effect others in a negative fashion).

Um, no stoopid....not if they're entirely emotionally detached. Ever thought of that. If you had an ant farm and one ant started killing the others, would you care enough to exterminate that bad ant or watch the farm fend for itself? It's like giving someone a gift and saying "What you do with it from here is on you"

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 12:15 PM
wow, i havnt read any of this shit. thanks a lot guys, for ruining my SWEET fucking thread i had going here...

You must now be elminated!!!

theamazingtool
01-09-2009, 12:47 PM

easy w/ that red, its hard on the eyes

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 12:50 PM
easy w/ that red, its hard on the eyes

theamazingtool
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM

thats a lot better, thanks. green is actually my favorite color

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 12:59 PM
thats a lot better, thanks. green is actually my favorite color

;-)

Yast3r
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Um, no stoopid....not if they're entirely emotionally detached. Ever thought of that. If you had an ant farm and one ant started killing the others, would you care enough to exterminate that bad ant or watch the farm fend for itself? It's like giving someone a gift and saying "What you do with it from here is on you"

Entirely different scenario. If you spent time teaching the ant how to communicate and gave it a bunch of methods for enriching their lives and then helped it build some structures, would you just so easily watch it all fall apart at the hands of a few bad ants? Under your example the ants are just in a glass container, there is no emotional connection. But obviously the aliens cared or they wouldn't have taught us things as in your first post. Stoopid.

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Entirely different scenario. If you spent time teaching the ant how to communicate and gave it a bunch of methods for enriching their lives and then helped it build some structures, would you just so easily watch it all fall apart at the hands of a few bad ants? Under your example the ants are just in a glass container, there is no emotional connection. But obviously the aliens cared or they wouldn't have taught us things as in your first post. Stoopid.

Not really, it's all a matter of perspective. I could easily teach those ants all those things and then just be simply amused at their own downfall.

I'm off to buy another ant farm...mwah-hah-haaaa

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Stoopid...HA

Yast3r
01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Not really, it's all a matter of perspective. I could easily teach those ants all those things and then just be simply amused at their own downfall.

I'm off to buy another ant farm...mwah-hah-haaaa

May I suggest a litter of kittens? More interesting fights and more personality.

Inner_Eulogy
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
May I suggest a litter of kittens? More interesting fights and more personality.

And more of a mess and hassle. I'll stick to my one cat Fuji and my fish Roger.

gonzo
01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
I fucked the thread up.
And I like the color green. That's a cool color.

One theory, and it's just a stoopid theory, is that the information travelled through space as a spore. Say a mushroom spore. And that spore touches down on Earth. It travels on what, a meteorite. Whatever. It gets here. Grows. Into a mushroom. Somebody eats it, and BOOM; they see Sirius, or something. A pyramid. Etc...

Or aliens. Cute little fuzzy ones, like penquins, perhaps.

Oh. Burnt my feet on the grill. Fucking George. I'm switching to the Hulkster.
Had a rough time tapping at the Rock Show.

Yast3r
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I fucked the thread up.

One theory, and it's just a stoopid theory, is that the information travelled through space as a spore. Say a mushroom spore. And that spore touches down on Earth. It travels on what, a meteorite. Whatever. It gets here. Grows. Into a mushroom. Somebody eats it, and BOOM; they see Sirius, or something. A pyramid. Etc...

Now whatcha gunna do, Brother? When the Hulkster grill is making pancakes FOR YOUU!!!

gonzo
01-10-2009, 10:44 AM
PROCESS THE PROTEINS!

And then go pound some pencil-necked geek for some easy cash...

gonzo
01-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Now whatcha gunna do, Brother? When the Hulkster grill is making pancakes FOR YOUU!!!

O by the way
LOL

Yast3r
01-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I wonder if the most efficient way to shut a Hulk Hogan Grill is by delivering a vicious leg drop across its lid?

gonzo
01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I wonder if the most efficient way to shut a Hulk Hogan Grill is by delivering a vicious leg drop across its lid?

No pain no gain
Now WORK FOR YOUR DINNER!

Yes. A vicious leg drop followed by a powerslam.
Y'know. This is a durable machine.

Yast3r
01-10-2009, 11:03 AM
No pain no gain
Now WORK FOR YOUR DINNER!

Yes. A vicious leg drop followed by a powerslam.
Y'know. This is a durable machine.

If you wrapped a shirt around it... would it dramatically rip it in half as it opens to offer you some nicely cooked meat?

gonzo
01-10-2009, 11:17 AM
If you wrapped a shirt around it... would it dramatically rip it in half as it opens to offer you some nicely cooked meat?

LMAO

scrumptiously glistening flanks and breasts would pop out at you and make you feel lke a wolf
then you'd use the shirt to dap your jowls and wipe down the canines

a red sleeveless shirt with yellow writing, right?

yes, good marketing ploy
we should put pam anderson in the shirt
PETA, that means she likes meat, eh?

it's do-able

Yast3r
01-10-2009, 11:32 AM
LMAO

scrumptiously glistening flanks and breasts would pop out at you and make you feel lke a wolf
then you'd use the shirt to dap your jowls and wipe down the canines

a red sleeveless shirt with yellow writing, right?

yes, good marketing ploy
we should put pam anderson in the shirt
PETA, that means she likes meat, eh?

it's do-able

I think we need to market a new grill... I guarantee we could team up and take over the marketplace. We just need an idea and an endorsement.

gonzo
01-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I think we need to market a new grill... I guarantee we could team up and take over the marketplace. We just need an idea and an endorsement.

Mickey Rourke. And he loves dogs too.

Eh?

Gotta' say this:

Yesterday at 5:50 PM Toronto time, I walked out under the CN Tower into the hazy, noisy air of the construction zone beside the Steam Whistle Brewery to enjoy a specially-procured cigarette with a couple buds. Again, the lights were cool.
At that time, it was 4:20 PM Hong Kong time, today.
Ten minutes later the Steam Whistle blows. 6 o'clock.
"What does that mean?," said the one guy.
"That it's 4 o'clock in Sydney, Australia, mate." I said.
"What?"
To bring it down to our level, I said, "The Aussies are rolling their joints now, dude."
Jesus. Stoners, eh?

So. Let's contact Mickey. And Darren. We'd call it 'the Wrestler.'
It's great for cooking hot dogs.
I'm thinking solar techno.

gonzo
01-10-2009, 02:12 PM
*poaste jumper*

Okay. I see it like this:

We go to Costco and buy like 50 Hulkster Grills. We paint em all (FDA approved!) lime green.
Then we take a picture of Mickey holding one of his dogs in a nice setting. Cue in the sound of a sizzling grill. Maybe some waves and a cool song in the background.
Voice over of Mickey saying;
" Tired a eatin' at just any flea-bitten Diner, people. Aren't ya'll just tired o' that crap.
Well, if you're like me, u probably want to just stay home with the pets, y'know.
But you still want sometum' better than take out. Am I right!?
Well, folkes, you want the Wrestler. You'll never wanna eat out again.
You got Mickey's guarantee. It's one hot little doggie!"

We don't even need to tell Mickey or the Hulkster.
When we get sued, we'll just pout and tell em' we're Canadians, eh.
We didn't know, we're just trying to feed our pets. So, fuck off.

C Win/Win bcause by then we'll have made a secret deal with Proctor & Gamble

Yast3r
01-10-2009, 05:27 PM
*poaste jumper*

We go to Costco and buy like 50 Hulkster Grills. We paint em all (FDA approved!) lime green.
Then we take a picture of Mickey holding one of his dogs in a nice setting. Cue in the sound of a sizzling grill. Maybe some waves and a cool song in the background.
" Tired a eatin' at just any flea-bitten Diner, people. Aren't ya'll just tired o' that crap.
Well, if you're like me, u probably want to just stay home with the pets, y'know.

I like it. Will we try and make it rusty and such to fit Mickey's rough exterior? Especially his role in the wrestler... he looks pretty... pretty bad.

gonzo
01-11-2009, 06:45 AM
I like it. Will we try and make it rusty and such to fit Mickey's rough exterior? Especially his role in the wrestler... he looks pretty... pretty bad.

He looks pretty bad from all those years a' eating out, we tell em.
And definitely, we play up the rusty, rough exterior angle.
Hell, man, we're on our way.

gonzo
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Again. Sorry for the poaste jump, but I'm tired of the Raptor game and the Wolf Blass is going to my head. So...

To summarize: We take a little Canadian ingenuity, add some Swiss precision, and top off with a splash of goood ol' American Super Bowl Theatrics to form 'The Wrestlin' Team.'

So that we have a precision Alarm Clock with a trigger relay with digital connections to various other portals--this thing rings in the morning and YOU push snooze thus setting off the various triggers engaged to: a grill that cooks bacon (for u & u'r doggie), a coffee brewer that brews (u'r favorite blend), and maybe a toaster (bagels & lox) and an IPOD?
And this whole 'TEAM' can sit upon a reasonably priced IKEA unit.

And then good morning f'n' sunshine. A rusty sunbeam. And a jolt into reality.

**Now, later, in dreams, I'm a gonna be all sugar plums and 'Wrasslin' Dawn.'**

part a me is sick
peace out

gonzo
01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
No. Not yet.

(someone tell me to fuck off if this is boring you on this beautiful sunday aft...)

Jesus Christ. Seriously. I can't wait to get this circus on Dragon's Den. Eh?

Yast3r
01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
No. Not yet.

(someone tell me to fuck off if this is boring you on this beautiful sunday aft...)

Jesus Christ. Seriously. I can't wait to get this circus on Dragon's Den. Eh?

My bet is the girl that looks like Rogue from the Xmen will offer us one million for 4 percent of our company.

gonzo
01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
My bet is the girl that looks like Rogue from the Xmen will offer us one million for 4 percent of our company.

LMAO
I picked her, too
She seems like a dog person

p.s. i like the #'s there

theamazingtool
01-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I fucked the thread up.

i guess thats your theory

Yast3r
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
LMAO
I picked her, too
She seems like a dog person

p.s. i like the #'s there

She's into dogs, and anything that can potentially cook dogs. Either that or the Boston Pizza guy will offer us money to make him a new grill... Either way, we've got money going our way.

gonzo
01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
She's into dogs, and anything that can potentially cook dogs. Either that or the Boston Pizza guy will offer us money to make him a new grill... Either way, we've got money going our way.

That + Mickey just won a Golden Globe for best actor and the last peoples he thanked were his doggies ( both living and deceased--he started to say a eulogy but they began playing the 'get off the stage music'). Fucking brilliant. It's probably on YouTube already.

*tail in between legs*
sorry i don't have a link

gonzo
01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
i guess thats your theory

Not mine. Jebus. I'm not endorsing that theory. Simply preposing something I read.

Inner_Eulogy
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
*poaste jumper*

Haha

gonzo
01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
More BIG green writing pleaz, it eggs me on...

Yast3r
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
More BIG green writing pleaz, it eggs me on...

DOES THIS TURN YOU ON?

crincled
01-12-2009, 04:00 PM
that turns my greatgrandma on...

gonzo
01-12-2009, 05:23 PM
DOES THIS TURN YOU ON?

This color gives me a hankering for bacon

gonzo
01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
that turns my greatgrandma on...

and daniel day lewis, eh

theamazingtool
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
he said egg him on, not turn him on. and boz, id watch out; did u see what happened to the last person inner demanded to be eliminated!!??

Inner_Eulogy
01-13-2009, 10:17 AM
he said egg him on, not turn him on. and boz, id watch out; did u see what happened to the last person inner demanded to be eliminated!!??

Boz don't bother me one bit, he's rather amusing actually.

theamazingtool
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Boz don't bother me one bit, he's rather amusing actually.

well, id hope not. what not to like about boz?

gonzo
01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
my brothers in wit and spirit, thank you

Strewth
01-13-2009, 02:06 PM
It's almost interesting, knowing that none of my poastes show up except to probably like Dan and the mods and shit. I could be that new, extra page that you click on, and NOTHING IS THERE so it just takes you back a page. I could be that secret evil that confuses you slightly. For I am one of the phantoms of global ignore. I am another random ghost of TDN.

*haunts*

theamazingtool
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
my brothers in wit and spirit, thank you

why your quite welcome

gonzo
01-17-2009, 07:14 AM
why your quite welcome

Hey. My wife does not like L.A.M.C. She said, "WTF is that!!"
She said, " I couldn't make it stop, so I just pulled the plug."

gonzo
01-17-2009, 07:20 AM
It's almost interesting, knowing that none of my poastes show up except to probably like Dan and the mods and shit. I could be that new, extra page that you click on, and NOTHING IS THERE so it just takes you back a page. I could be that secret evil that confuses you slightly. For I am one of the phantoms of global ignore. I am another random ghost of TDN.

*haunts*

O phantom spirit, thank you for haunting me. Invisible, and globally ignored like air.

theamazingtool
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey. My wife does not like L.A.M.C. She said, "WTF is that!!"
She said, " I couldn't make it stop, so I just pulled the plug."

haha thats good shit. how does she like message to harry manback?

gonzo
01-17-2009, 11:08 AM
haha thats good shit. how does she like message to harry manback?

That may push her over the edge, so I hide that track constantly.
Baby steps...so far, all she likes is Intermission.

Yast3r
01-17-2009, 11:27 AM
That may push her over the edge, so I hide that track constantly.
Baby steps...so far, all she likes is Intermission.

Has she ever heard Merkaba?

gonzo
01-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Has she ever heard Merkaba?

No. She hears Tool and leaves the room. Last week she was bugging me to find her Panic At The Disco. (shudder!) And I told her, this week I'm all about the Foo's/Trew's/and Rage. Pick one of those? She took the Trews.

Sidenote: Have you heard this band called the Airbourne Toxic Event? I checked out Binaer Pilot and found it interesting and refreshing.

Yast3r
01-17-2009, 02:04 PM
No. She hears Tool and leaves the room. Last week she was bugging me to find her Panic At The Disco. (shudder!) And I told her, this week I'm all about the Foo's/Trew's/and Rage. Pick one of those? She took the Trews.

Sidenote: Have you heard this band called the Airbourne Toxic Event? I checked out Binaer Pilot and found it interesting and refreshing.

I've never heard of that band before. What style are they?

I'm glad you liked BinaerPilot... despite not amusing the Bin, I find them to be quite good. Especially the album Sickness Session and the song Rocket.

gonzo
01-18-2009, 07:49 AM
I've never heard of that band before. What style are they?

I'm glad you liked BinaerPilot... despite not amusing the Bin, I find them to be quite good. Especially the album Sickness Session and the song Rocket.

Shit. Quickly, I'd say Arcade Fire+Wall of Voodoo. New and old. Like a rocket the song just lifted off...which segues me to the Sickness Session. Thanks.

gonzo
01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I think you have me mistaken for someone who is computer literate. I'm not. I still use pen and paper.

Part of me is sick, but I took the Steelers by 7 pts, and so far so good. I'm looking to make a fair sized Super Bowl beer fund.

gonzo
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
That was a win, so now I can buy myself, oh, about 62 beers. Three more and I could drink one for every Tool song. Is that right?

gonzo
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Goddammit, my math is skewed. I won enough to buy 3 24's and a 26er of Wild Turkey.
So, fuck it, Super Bowl Sunday will be a Pearl Jam day by default.

theamazingtool
01-23-2009, 08:00 AM
That was a win, so now I can buy myself, oh, about 62 beers. Three more and I could drink one for every Tool song. Is that right?

depends how technical you want to get. my computer says there is 63, but that is because opiate and gaping lotus experience is the same track, as is lamc and maynards dick. if you want to count tracks, there is what; like 132?(cause of disgustipated)

theamazingtool
01-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Goddammit, my math is skewed. I won enough to buy 3 24's and a 26er of Wild Turkey.
So, fuck it, Super Bowl Sunday will be a Pearl Jam day by default.

i was think whiskey tonight. perhaps some cheap ltd? no pearl jam tho.

gonzo
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
i was think whiskey tonight. perhaps some cheap ltd? no pearl jam tho.

Hey man, thanks for the guidance. I've decided to buy whatever until I run out o money.
Bourbon, beer, pizza and Tool, all the way.

theamazingtool
01-23-2009, 08:47 PM
evan williams

gonzo
01-24-2009, 07:17 AM
evan williams

Trolling the official Tool site I saw a cool YouTube video advertising Puscifer...LOL funny.