PDA

View Full Version : arirasko

psilomind
09-14-2003, 09:40 AM
This is the first installment of a two piece song:
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/poon/f_001.mp3

The drums are actually a toy bongo that I sampled, drenched with effects, and sequenced in fruity loops. The melody, if you'd call it that, is a live recording of a guitar run through my amazing effects pedal.

If you dont like this part, its probably because I was going for a dissonant, uncomfortable aesthetic. Why? Mainly to contrast with the second half of the song, which is much more "song-like", I assure you. However that part is unfinished, so I'll post it at a later time.

Anyway, I'm calling this one "Dance of the Dead" until I can think up a better name. The second part, if you're wondering, is entitled "Arirasko".

elevate
09-15-2003, 07:48 AM
The melody, if you'd call it that, is a live recording of a guitar run through my amazing effects pedal.
Ahh...the wonders of effects. I just recently achieved almost the exact same sound with a vibraphone. Anyway, I like this piece. I think you could perhaps add another track of the drums, but have it be dry, or drier. I'm thinking that would give the 'beat' more body, and hence make it seem more tribal. I'm not sure how far you want to take this, but I think you could add more percussion elements to have it build up - a shaker, for instance, always somehow magically raises the energy level. Nice work - I like the dissonance; sounds kinda like a tribal Aphex Twin.

Paladin
09-15-2003, 06:54 PM
kinda sounds like me. very nice, i like it...

holy reality
09-16-2003, 09:45 AM
it sounds like Santa Clause meets industrial....

weird.... catchy... cool....

i liked it, aside from the drumming at the end... it had a kind of "pop" to it that made my teeth hurt :/

psilomind
09-20-2003, 05:54 PM
heres an update:

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/poon/dotd.mp3

BrightyBrighty
09-21-2003, 05:55 AM
my thoughts on the first half of your song: in a word... AWSOME! man I <3 effect pedals so much. I dont think that there is anything as cool as they are. well i'm gonna listen to the second half now

psilomind
09-21-2003, 06:10 AM
my thoughts on the first half of your song: in a word... AWSOME! man I <3 effect pedals so much. I dont think that there is anything as cool as they are. well i'm gonna listen to the second half now

Oh, I didnt really clerify myself enough... but the update is still of the first half. Sorry for the wait, but my pedal just kind of broke and its making things difficult.

You could tell me if you think the second version is any better though.

Sorry again.

Elgyn
09-22-2003, 05:39 PM
hehe, thats crazy.
I listened to the first and second, and the second sounds a lot more 'balanced'... definitely a better second draft. I like the intro and outro, its nice the way they sweep together.

Its cool though, I'd be interested in hearing more. You've got some good atmosphere going, and I like the blend of electronic music, and alternative music you've got going. If that makes sense.

psilomind
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Okay, I've stretched the concept even further into three seperate tracks... I guess I've taken a liking to this song...

Part 2 is still relying on my broken pedal, so heres the third:
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/poon/outro.mp3

Any more thoughts?

Elgyn
09-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Thats creepy.
I imagine a lonely old man playing piano. How did you get that sound - guitar, piano?? Its a nice melody. Becomes almost haunting with the thunder in the background.

I haven't ever heard anything like this, but I really like it.

I'd like to hear the singing at the end a little louder, because that could be seriously effective. As it is I can only just make it out, but I like where its going. Towards resolving all the tension you've built up through the song.

Just my thoughts.
I think this is seriously good, well done.

BrightyBrighty
09-25-2003, 11:50 AM
that was incredible. I love the thunder sample. it reminds me of At the drive-in. somethin' like that. what's this about part two now... I don't know I've been having a really dumb week. but this this song has to be one of the highlights