PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Toilet Training!

BonJenko
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I have removed the content of this thread because I do not think the title I have chosen adequately fits.

I will more properly organize my data, and then recompile it under a new name.

Please, don't ignorantly post your opinion without reading what I will say. I fully understand what the song means. Don't try to point that out to me. The object of this post is to dig deeper than the meaning of the words, to the motives that put those words into song.

imatoolhed
03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Feel free to expand, criticize, enlighten, or ridicule.

go back to music 101 plzy

BonJenko
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, that was helpful. Care to give one bit of useful criticism?
Or would you rather just bash my thoughts within two minutes of posting them?

imatoolhed
03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
ok fine this is from The Tool FAQ (http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html)

G58. "Ænema" is about LA being flushed away, right?

In a nutshell, yep, it's about Los Angeles, California falling into the Pacific Ocean as a result of a big big big earthquake. If you take Maynard's advice and "don't just call him a pessimist / try to read between the lines", you could probably take it to be about just generally cleansing and purging (hmm, that's the last line in "Flood.")

G59. What is a "smiley gladhand" supposed to be?

Gotta be one of those 'hand shaking smiley-faced' types. You know. Politicians.

G60. Why is the song spelled differently than the album title?

Clearly, since "Ænema" the song title must have a different meaning than "Ænima" the album title; that whatever "Ænema" represents must not be representative of the whole album.

G61. Hold the phone; my vinyl copy of the album spells the song "Ænima" and not "Ænema" !!

Right you are; that would be a typo. Want proof? Look VERY CLOSELY at the label on Side 3 of the vinyl, and you'll see the correct spelling.

BonJenko
03-24-2008, 03:54 PM
ok fine this is from The Tool FAQ (http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html)

G58. "Ænema" is about LA being flushed away, right?

In a nutshell, yep, it's about Los Angeles, California falling into the Pacific Ocean as a result of a big big big earthquake. If you take Maynard's advice and "don't just call him a pessimist / try to read between the lines", you could probably take it to be about just generally cleansing and purging (hmm, that's the last line in "Flood.")

G59. What is a "smiley gladhand" supposed to be?

Gotta be one of those 'hand shaking smiley-faced' types. You know. Politicians.

G60. Why is the song spelled differently than the album title?

Clearly, since "Ænema" the song title must have a different meaning than "Ænima" the album title; that whatever "Ænema" represents must not be representative of the whole album.

G61. Hold the phone; my vinyl copy of the album spells the song "Ænima" and not "Ænema" !!

Right you are; that would be a typo. Want proof? Look VERY CLOSELY at the label on Side 3 of the vinyl, and you'll see the correct spelling.

Did you even read it? Aside from "G58" I made no mention of any of those things.

And yeah. Its pretty damn obvious its about cleansing. I'm looking outside of the box.

Read it, then tell me how much I don't know about music. Thanks.

imatoolhed
03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
frankly from me having to post that in reply to your stupid post

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT IMO

BonJenko
03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
*Lol*... Well you haven't given me one single solid criticism, so the same could be said about you. IMO.

Move on now. Your opinion is no longer desired. I was looking for someone who could expand upon my thoughts, not ignorantly cast them aside.

And, you still didn't read it.
Or if you did, you clearly didn't understand any of it.

You say I don't know shit.. Tell me. What the hell does the title have to do with anything I said?

Sorry for having an original thought. You should try it some time.