PDA

View Full Version : Question about a book by Bob Frissel (Nothing in this book....)

corgansthirdeye
12-05-2002, 05:30 PM
I am interested in buying this book, but before i fork over the 15 bucks, i was wondering...how do we know anything he says is correct? im still going to buy it, but i was just wondering. I mean, i dont want this whole metaphysical thing to be just another blind faith thing like in religion.

I am new to the world of the metaphysical, so i beg you to pardon my ignorance.

timesig.net
12-11-2002, 07:52 AM
Good, you have decided to buy the book. The answer to your question is in the book. In the beginning he says that what you believe in the book is up to you. The book is not 100% truth or 100% lies, the whole idea is that the book is a grey section of human belief. How can I believe this if I know that is not true??
This book is more of a way to open a new train of thought in your life, which can develop into a new way of life. Have fun, and buy the book. Bob explains things in a superior fashion to my meager oratorry abilities.

2L8665
12-19-2002, 06:33 AM
Good post, timesig.net and to add to that comment, it is worth the $15 (in my opinion). If you're looking for answers to any Ænema song, this IS the book. It will help shed a new light on "the gap," "Fourty-six and 2", and all the way down to "jimmy". If you read it all the way through you'll have a deeper view of what this album is about.

2L8665
12-19-2002, 07:00 AM
My apologies, I've been up all night. That's Ænima
I'll just tuck my tail and run on along now lol

Slash05
12-22-2002, 11:09 AM
what is the name of the book?

2L8665
12-22-2002, 03:17 PM
"Nothing In This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are"
is the title of the book. Again, the author's name is Bob Frissell. It's a great book, hope ya enjoy it as much as I did/do.

George Bush Sr.
12-28-2002, 10:17 AM
Try reading David Icke's newest book or try Jim Marrs book rule by secrecy which is better than Icke's and cheaper. Bob Frissel doesn't have nothing compared to these authors.

4nick8
12-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I've never heard of any of these authors. What sort of books are they?

Metaphysics? Isn't that like L. Ron Hubbard (and fuck all his clones)?

Pardon my ignorance in this area, but I've never investigated it before. Perhaps I'll start looking around the net to become more informed.

shade13
12-30-2002, 11:43 PM
Icke's a friggin nutjob. Brilliant... but a little off the deep end.

iammeapparently
12-30-2002, 11:52 PM
has anyone read Bob Frissel's other books? are they as good?

George Bush Sr.
12-31-2002, 09:10 AM
icke may be a "friggin nutjob" but he has done massive amounts of research. MASSIVE. MASSIVE.

Spoon
01-11-2003, 06:30 PM
I am about 7/8 through NITBITBIEHTR and it's a very interesting read. Mind you, Frissell seems to pull facts and numbers out of his ass with no proof at all, it does explain some Tool-related things and is fun to think about.

I'd buy it. Wait..I did

stillclover
01-14-2003, 08:07 PM
if your wanting proof, which i think is a funny way to go about spirituality, instant gratification and all. but if your wanting some kind of proof, sacred geometry is one of the easiest seen if not understood, and while it is in bob frissel's book, i think that the ancient secret of the flower of life by drunvalo melchizedek is a bit better. the two just back each other up on most points. he goes into great detail of everything he speaks of, and it is a good place to start.

munkyman
01-15-2003, 08:44 PM
I've recently started "Nothing In This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are." Whether you agree with it or not, it's a very interesting read, and it's worth the money just to get more of a grasp on some Tool songs.

twix elbert
01-16-2003, 12:42 AM
yeah, at the very least it's an interesting sci-fi book. it will make you question a lot of things that you believe and are willing to believe... the human race was created millions of years ago to mine gold so a race of aliens could use it to protect its atmosphere... yeah, i'm open to it but right now i don't buy it for a moment.

i agree with timesig.net... it's not so much about believing the things frissell writes about than opening your mind to a different way of seeing things. the sacred geometry and merkaba i will definitely follow up on though.

Nicholas_Pasha
01-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by iammeapparently
has anyone read Bob Frissel's other books? are they as good?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have a read "You Are a Spiritual Being Having A Human Experience.

If you read "Nothing..." then I'd say almost say you owe it to yourself to read this book as well. Of course, I'm hypocritical. And not soley based on the fact that I haven't read "Something...," but because I didn't complete "Nothing..." before jumping right into "You Are..." fee first. Granted, a friend had been offered the book and hadn't returned it in a timely fashion. Still, both books of Frissel's that I own have been entirely read.

BUT I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE WHO'S READ "NOTHING..," HAS ANYONE CONSTRUCTED AND TESTED THE THEORETICAL IDEA BEHIND THE TUBE TORUS THROUGH TETRAHEDRON AS DECRIBED THROUGH PGS. 79 & 82?

Ciao for now,
Nicholas

deathoughts
05-18-2004, 01:52 AM
i am currently reading "you are a spiritual being having a human experience"

so ive gone about it backwards...

you see i was in the library looking for something cool to read...

and i grabbed this book...

i was immediately drawn to it knowing it was all to do with tool...

mainly i thought i would figure out reason to danny's signs on his kit...

but then it opened the door to the rest of everything

i have read 50 pages of it and i feel whole already

i am in total believe of most things frissel explains...

except some things go over my head and i cant be bothered trying to figure out

what they mean....

anyway...

i am going to look for his other book when i finish this one..

and maybe i could have a good chat to some people about....everything and

nothing...

and the unity being etc.

peace

Orph8998
05-18-2004, 04:14 PM
i think that the book was one of the smartest buys i ever made, if any of you are matrix fans, i would recomend buying it, it lets you understand the plot a bit more. the book also relates to el cielo alot in my opinion

munted_soul
05-20-2004, 03:34 AM
Take a look at the date of the first post. Go on, realise what you've done and shut the fuck up.

Orph8998
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM
what the hell are you talkign about?
i am not saying that anyone copied off of one another, i am just saying that they are similar in my opinion....