PDA

View Full Version : mushrooms

im_naked_and_fearless
09-07-2003, 09:50 AM
i read that indians would take mushrooms not ingest them but actually "stuff" them in their anal cavity for the pshychodelic experience.

"You won't do what you'd like to do.
Lay back and let me show you another way.
I'll kill what you want me to,
take what's left and eat it.
Take all or nothing.
Life's just too short to push it away.
Take it all.
Take it all in.
All the way in.
Let it go.
Let it go in.
You won't feel what you'd like to feel.
Lay back and let me show you another way."

"it won't be long now
All the way in.
All the way.
Take it up higher.
4 degrees warmer.
Give in now
and let me in.
You'll like this in
Don't pull it out.
It brings us closer than
dying and cancer and crying.
Come on .
You can take it all.
Just like that. "

maybe it's maynard's point of view as a mushroom :-P

Opium of the Masses
09-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Interesting theory man, I always assumed it was about first time anal sex - "cavern of treasures that no one has been to"

The title refers to the fact that the anus has 8 more working muscles and is 4o warmer than the vagina.

On to something slightly different - I remember that I watched a doco about the Boer war between the English and the Zulu nation, and the Zulus had all kinds of mind altering drugs that they used to whip themselves into a killing frenzy. It was fasinating.

Mehhico
09-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Man, those indians do some fucked up shit? Where did you read that?
I think I read somewhere, maybe in a Carlos Castaneda book, but the Oaxaca Indians, when they were/are doing a ceremony which involved the consumption of the Peyote cacti, they would drink the urine from someone who had consumed some of the cactus because it still had some potency.
But mushies up the arse, thats a fucking wild experience.

yllwcrystlstr
09-25-2003, 09:04 AM
Man, those indians do some fucked up shit? Where did you read that?
I think I read somewhere, maybe in a Carlos Castaneda book, but the Oaxaca Indians, when they were/are doing a ceremony which involved the consumption of the Peyote cacti, they would drink the urine from someone who had consumed some of the cactus because it still had some potency.
But mushies up the arse, thats a fucking wild experience.

thats siberian eskimos using aminita muscaria

Mehhico
09-25-2003, 09:55 PM

What the hell is aminita muscaria? It sounds like an animal.
I may have mistaken the drugs the indians did this for, but I am pretty sure I read it in one of Castanedas' books.
But, tell me more about those eskimos. Being so ICEolated, they probably got up to some fucked up shit.

Regards,
Andy

im_naked_and_fearless
09-27-2003, 11:18 AM
What the hell is aminita muscaria? It sounds like an animal.
I may have mistaken the drugs the indians did this for, but I am pretty sure I read it in one of Castanedas' books.
But, tell me more about those eskimos. Being so ICEolated, they probably got up to some fucked up shit.

Regards,
Andy

aminita muscaria is a mushroom a hallucinogenic mushroom to be exact

AllforUnity
10-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Ok...l really don't think Maynard is shoving mushrooms in his bodily cavities (especially his anus). And yes...the anus does have more working muscles which make it warmer inside...but it just seems to me that Maynard wouldn't write about someone having anal sex. Although, it does sound like that is what it's referring to...l even have a live tape that says "This is another song about anal sex." But if it is referring to it...l think it's more like something about letting go, and taking chances, and exploring new things...even if it something like anal sex, it's still perhaps a new experience...l see the song as saying you should do what you want to do, and don't take shit from people.

paraflux
10-21-2003, 12:28 PM
the cavern of treasures could be the vast space inside ourselves, we have an endless array of possibilities for reality locked inside us.

AllforUnity
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey...that's cool. l like that.

anhour
10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Interesting theory man, I always assumed it was about first time anal sex - "cavern of treasures that no one has been to"

The title refers to the fact that the anus has 8 more working muscles and is 4o warmer than the vagina.

If you check the FAQ on this page it says 4 Degrees is a military term refering to new recruits if my memory serves correctly. This may be another red herring tossed out by Tool to illustrate the need to be aware of the information you are being fed.

I always thought of the song as a "call to action." To "free yourself from yourself."

The "cavern of treasures" I believe refers to the untapped potential of the human mind.

"Let's go digging...."

AllforUnity
10-30-2003, 07:54 AM
That does make sense, to me. Considering there is alot of military influence, l suppose, in this album...and l like that interpretation of the song...

"The untapped potential of the human mind." Clever.

The Grudge
11-23-2003, 08:19 AM
The mushrooms theory was interesting, but I think this its just good old anal sex ;-)

Convoy_X
11-25-2003, 11:38 PM
You are not seeing the big pic. here. This song only usees ass loving and a medifor(SP) for being open to try new things and not just new sexual things.

themazi
01-25-2004, 11:34 AM

There are no eskimos in Siberia. Amongst native Siberians in the easternmost parts of Siberia amanitas are used as commonly as Vodka and other alcoholic beverages. Especially the old people dig em caps.

ThreeDeviations
01-25-2004, 01:12 PM
that first idea of mushrooms in the ass. ignorant.

the song is not about mushrooms or dicks in the can.

AFU- I have a video of a concert in California where he says something like.... "Well, this song.... like every other Tool song.... is about..... anal sex!" Then he sort of throws his hands up in the air and throws his head to the side...

If you can't detect the sarcasm in his voice and body language.... then you struggle. (even if it was just an audio)

but of course when he said that, all the kiddies went wild with screams of delight and reassurance...
then later on, all the kiddies went home and had some butt sex with thoughts of Maynard dancing in their head.

go mosh. go smoke. go mosh. go goth. go mosh. go shroom. go lsd. go mosh. go scream. go mosh. go buttsex.

Wu-Li Novice
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
ya never know.
He could just be writing a song and not trying to make some crazy elaborate song with this huge meaning behind it..or not.

Could be a specific instance that we can never know or something personal.

or could be anal sex.

anal sex is prob vry good for maynard a vry spirtual thing............................................. ........!

royc
02-24-2004, 11:23 AM
my impression of this song is that is full of freedom and confidence. its like someone tring to make it picture clear that freedem comes of choosing to live life as intended, not only how we have been conditioned to. in a sense leaving the security of the castle, and putiing faith in ourselves. i can definatly see the mushroom connection, but either you get it or you dont. i would have never guessed the anal connection until i was unlightened by this board. personally i dont really think this is a song about anal, the title might represent that for some people to open their mind is as painful for them as i imagine anal sex would be.

radmanics
02-27-2004, 04:20 PM
This idea of mushroom in the anus... seems more of a humourus thread. NOT to be taken 100% seriously TD....

Maynard's writing of songs in tool is "not" personal he "starts with a knowledge base".
Maynard's writing with APC is personal; meaning that Thinking of You (If he's telling the truth of course) is his song about Anal Sex... I was the only one who cheered at the manchester gig for that... (found it amusing.. not that I wanted anal sex).

Can we be more specific with our races guys? which indians? Native Americans, or Native Idians? And the eskimos, would be Inuits, yes?

AllforUnity
03-02-2004, 12:57 PM
l really don't think this song is about mushrooms or anal sex...and l really don't think l will any time soon until Maynard straight up tells us it is.

Luna Galapogos
03-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Don't we all know that it's about the anus being four degrees warmer than the vagina? j/k, even though it is, and the anus also has I think eight more muscles or something like that.

Suso22
03-03-2004, 10:40 AM
If you check the FAQ on this page it says 4 Degrees is a military term refering to new recruits if my memory serves correctly. This may be another red herring tossed out by Tool to illustrate the need to be aware of the information you are being fed.

I always thought of the song as a "call to action." To "free yourself from yourself."

The "cavern of treasures" I believe refers to the untapped potential of the human mind.

"Let's go digging...."

I must agree with you, hour. I believe a big part of all tool's lyrics, but especially in this song, is to always BE AWARE of the information you are being fed...to be careful and not interpret different media in the same way everytime.

In other words, if you can take one song and have one person interpret it in ten different ways...it's inevitable that one person would have perhaps grown and learned something about himself in the process.

ThreeDeviations
03-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Ahh yes. I am sure Maynard is at home now... getting wordy, yet vague, getting literal but kidding, smoking crack while praying...
contemplating clever analogies and metaphors so they can universally apply to everyone and absolutely nobody simultaneously.

and do you want to know the best part
the song never really had any actual meaning in the first place.

At least it helped reduce teenage goth suicide.

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 07:46 AM
l think Maynard wrote this song in 1984.

Suso22
03-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Ahh yes. I am sure Maynard is at home now... getting wordy, yet vague, getting literal but kidding, smoking crack while praying...
contemplating clever analogies and metaphors so they can universally apply to everyone and absolutely nobody simultaneously.

and do you want to know the best part
the song never really had any actual meaning in the first place.

At least it helped reduce teenage goth suicide.

He was probalaby doing all those things when he wrote this song, but you forgot one one stop on his thought train--"How can I heal people and make it sound like anal sex at the same time??, that would be groovy!"

AllforUnity
03-04-2004, 12:15 PM
That sounds too hippy-ish. Maynard isn't old enough to be a hippy.

LthirdSeyeD
03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Considering mushrooms in the anus. Im sure you guys know theres different ways to take drugs, internasal (snorting), IM, IV (injecting), smoking, and theres anal and vaginally. You can takes drug in the anus for a quicker and much more intense trip so it might be possible to take mushrooms anally although Ive never heard it done. I have heard about taking Amantia Muscaria through urine, it retains all the hallucigon effect but gets rid of the posion that is usually involved with it. So you never know it could be about a shroom trip through the anus.

Lol considering shrooms come from shit maybe the real way to experince them is right back through your shit hole...

Luna Galapogos
03-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Considering mushrooms in the anus. Im sure you guys know theres different ways to take drugs, internasal (snorting), IM, IV (injecting), smoking, and theres anal and vaginally. You can takes drug in the anus for a quicker and much more intense trip so it might be possible to take mushrooms anally although Ive never heard it done. I have heard about taking Amantia Muscaria through urine, it retains all the hallucigon effect but gets rid of the posion that is usually involved with it. So you never know it could be about a shroom trip through the anus.

Lol considering shrooms come from shit maybe the real way to experince them is right back through your shit hole...

That in some way disgusts me. Not that I care if people take drugs, do so if you choose, but sweet Lord, through the anus?!

royc
03-06-2004, 07:02 AM
ass shrooming is probably very old indeed, from a time before all of todays modern stipulations.

AllforUnity
03-08-2004, 12:25 PM
That's pretty damn weird.

royc
03-09-2004, 03:31 PM
think about our earliest ancestors, the ones that lived in caves and tree dwellings. so 5 of them are out in the bush on a hunting expidition. after one of them having a dump he notices some tempting mushrooms growing on a wild cow dung patty. sure enough he pops a couple fresh ones up his rear while he has his pants down and returns to the hunt. after a little bit he has to report to his comrads how espesially fun this hunting trip had become since made this connection and shortly thereafter they are all walking funny.

2 years later our 5 friends contruct fences made from tiber they collect to enclose an area of grassland which they fill with cattle to poop and make these mushrooms. they could collect each morning to be consumed by their ass during the hunt. oh, and with all this cattle and milk at home they need not hunt as much so they could have mushroom events with all the town as well.

it sounds strange but who knows? maybe mushrooms are another high all together when they go that way, eating pot is different than smoking it although i'll admit that im not the one whos going to guinea pig this theory. even with all of todays technology still some medicins better serve you from behind.

AllforUnity
03-09-2004, 10:32 PM
But even if they are pedestrain, premitive people...why would they just randomly put something growing out of cow shit up their ass?

royc
03-10-2004, 10:39 AM
i dont know maybe it wasn't random maybe it was painfully obvious

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Question-do we actually think that Maynard is talking about popping anus shrooms when he sings this song?

AllforUnity
03-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Well l don't, l think that's one of the most rediculous things l've ever heard.

But that's just me.

royc
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
i doubt it too, i was drifting i know just trying another perspective. i doubt all this ass stuff all together to me 4 degreese sybolises a slight shift... perhaps a significant one.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Well l don't, l think that's one of the most rediculous things l've ever heard.

But that's just me.

It is not just you. But hey, I don't know, what should we expect from a man that wears funny white face makeup and a bra?

brilliantname
03-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I'll take what's left and eat it

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 07:17 PM
l see the song as saying you should do what you want to do, and don't take shit from people.

hmmm.....I must say that this is an interesting thought considering what is being said.

AllforUnity
03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah, well l think all that anal mushroom popping is rediculous.

royc
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
ok well we know, even if you never posted in this thread again we would know from reading your previous post that you think its rubbish.

AllforUnity
03-12-2004, 07:49 AM
That's alright.

im_naked_and_fearless
07-24-2004, 03:39 PM
wow. i haven't been in here in a long time. although it was pretty entertaining reading all of your posts. i really do doubt that song is about popping shrooms up the stinkhole. :-D

royc
07-24-2004, 07:09 PM
personally i prefer to chomp shrooms but apparently the back door is safer than dirty needles for the junkie.

http://www.pastornet.net.au/fwn/2000/aug/art14.html