Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro/Right In Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. One post in this thread per poster, if you want to add something, then edit your original post. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-15-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and Two
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. One post in this thread per poster, if you want to add something, then edit your original post. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-15-2007 at 09:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
neondistraction462
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and Two
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-Six and Two
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima
OFFLINE |  
xloc
05-15-2007, 10:12 PM

Great show. Security was a little over the top. Shining flashlights on people who were smoking. Full body search it seemed to get in. But nobody throwing anything and Tool played the full set including Aenima, as opposed to their last show before this where they ended with Vicarious. Thank you! My first Tool concert even though I have been listening to them for over ten years. Awesome visuals. Saw the smoke being shot up into the air after the first few songs. My sister asked what that was for. I said, here comes the frickin lasers... heh. Good crowd response. Enough lighters being flicked on at that one time to make the Civic Center look like it was lit with candlelight. $43 for a concert tee though. But I buckled. Who knows when they will tour again?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. Security was a little over the top. Shining flashlights on people who were smoking. Full body search it seemed to get in. But nobody throwing anything and Tool played the full set including Aenima, as opposed to their last show before this where they ended with Vicarious. Thank you! My first Tool concert even though I have been listening to them for over ten years. Awesome visuals. Saw the smoke being shot up into the air after the first few songs. My sister asked what that was for. I said, here comes the frickin lasers... heh. Good crowd response. Enough lighters being flicked on at that one time to make the Civic Center look like it was lit with candlelight. $43 for a concert tee though. But I buckled. Who knows when they will tour again?
OFFLINE |  
FlyinRazors
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Awesome show. My first time seeing Tool live and I was blown away. The lights and lasers were dead on with the music. Crowd seemed into it. Band seemed into it. Thankfully no one threw anything up on the stage. I kinda like Jambi as an opener, I know some people had complained about it. The set had a nice flow to it as well. Like everyone else I could probably name a song or two that I would have liked to hear, but after seeing a show like that I feel like an ass for even mentioning it.

But the highlight of the evening was watching Danny. He is a machine. After seeing him up close and live I don't think there is anyone who can do it any better. Fucking amazing.

One other thing. The songs off of 10,000 Days are alot better live. The disc does not do them justice. The entire section from Lost Keys to 10,000 Days was amazing.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Awesome show. My first time seeing Tool live and I was blown away. The lights and lasers were dead on with the music. Crowd seemed into it. Band seemed into it. Thankfully no one threw anything up on the stage. I kinda like Jambi as an opener, I know some people had complained about it. The set had a nice flow to it as well. Like everyone else I could probably name a song or two that I would have liked to hear, but after seeing a show like that I feel like an ass for even mentioning it.

But the highlight of the evening was watching Danny. He is a machine. After seeing him up close and live I don't think there is anyone who can do it any better. Fucking amazing.

One other thing. The songs off of 10,000 Days are alot better live. The disc does not do them justice. The entire section from Lost Keys to 10,000 Days was amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Kody27
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Flawless...in my eyes, but Maynard did say something during Rosetta Stoned and he stepped forward and looked at the audience and mouthed "Sorry" and motioned with his hands, like he new he had messed up somehow. I love the intricate movements he makes along with whoever he is looking at in the band, it's like when he's not singing, he's feeding off the energy of another musician, who is in turn feeding off of the others...what is their source? Couldn't of asked for a better choice of songs, how could anyone complain about those masterpieces being presented in front of you like that. So what they didn't play Pushit or The Pot, they're never going to be able to fully satisfy everyone with a setlist so just enjoy what you're given. Love Danny's melted cymbal set, it literally shook my soul out of my chest, or my pineal gland. Danny takes Justin's simple bass line in Lateralus, and rapes it for about 2 minutes. He bends over time and makes it his bitch then goes right back into the real song like nothing happened...my god i've got shivers just remembering the obsessed look on his face. Tool has done it again. I could hear a subtle hissing alien like sound during parts of lost keys/rosetta stoned. Noticed Danny really does play with his bass pedals at a 90 degree angle, so it's like he builds momentum and just slams his bass drums whenever he plays, like the mallet goes through instead of just hits the surface, you just have to hear what I'm talking about in person.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Flawless...in my eyes, but Maynard did say something during Rosetta Stoned and he stepped forward and looked at the audience and mouthed "Sorry" and motioned with his hands, like he new he had messed up somehow. I love the intricate movements he makes along with whoever he is looking at in the band, it's like when he's not singing, he's feeding off the energy of another musician, who is in turn feeding off of the others...what is their source? Couldn't of asked for a better choice of songs, how could anyone complain about those masterpieces being presented in front of you like that. So what they didn't play Pushit or The Pot, they're never going to be able to fully satisfy everyone with a setlist so just enjoy what you're given. Love Danny's melted cymbal set, it literally shook my soul out of my chest, or my pineal gland. Danny takes Justin's simple bass line in Lateralus, and rapes it for about 2 minutes. He bends over time and makes it his bitch then goes right back into the real song like nothing happened...my god i've got shivers just remembering the obsessed look on his face. Tool has done it again. I could hear a subtle hissing alien like sound during parts of lost keys/rosetta stoned. Noticed Danny really does play with his bass pedals at a 90 degree angle, so it's like he builds momentum and just slams his bass drums whenever he plays, like the mallet goes through instead of just hits the surface, you just have to hear what I'm talking about in person.
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-16-2007, 12:28 AM

seeing tool in small towns has always been hit or miss for me. either they do something crazy, as in CO springs when alex grey painted maynard and they opened with cold and ugly on the last leg of the lateralus tour, or they kind of just go through the paces. tonight, they really fucking did it up. i dare say this show was even better than either vegas show, excpet for the vibe in vegas really cant be topped. musically though i gotta say tool are at their best right now. its really helping that they arent playing the songs that thrash maynards voice. you can bitch about setlists all night long, but for me this is fucking brilliant. the band is really just nailing it night after night right now. im a veteran of about 30 shows now since 93, and they are at thier best. sorry for the drunken rambling. great show, cool crowd, brutal long ride home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_0194-1.jpg
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

seeing tool in small towns has always been hit or miss for me. either they do something crazy, as in CO springs when alex grey painted maynard and they opened with cold and ugly on the last leg of the lateralus tour, or they kind of just go through the paces. tonight, they really fucking did it up. i dare say this show was even better than either vegas show, excpet for the vibe in vegas really cant be topped. musically though i gotta say tool are at their best right now. its really helping that they arent playing the songs that thrash maynards voice. you can bitch about setlists all night long, but for me this is fucking brilliant. the band is really just nailing it night after night right now. im a veteran of about 30 shows now since 93, and they are at thier best. sorry for the drunken rambling. great show, cool crowd, brutal long ride home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_0194-1.jpg
OFFLINE |  
TOOL_Rules
05-16-2007, 06:37 AM

Wow, what a great show. 12th TOOL show dating back to 1993 and I have to agree with insaner. They are indeed in top form and it's hard to imagine them ever being any tighter. All band member's energy was good. Maynard had no trouble with the Rosetta screams and put a couple of ad-lib screams in other songs for good measure. His voice was quite powerful last night. The mix was good in 4th row. Not used to getting to sit that close for my favorite band. I took, along with other family and friends, my 65-year old mother who I am trying to convert into understanding a bit about TOOL. It seemed to be a successful conversion as the show blew her away. She, like most of us, doesn't understand how DC does what he does (after seeing him do it live it's now even more puzzling to her). But she knows it is brilliant and seemed most impressed with how incredibly "tight" they are as a band. She was a music major in college and I have always known she would have some appreciation for this band if I could just get her into the music a bit and ultimately to a show. Well, that finally happened last night and it seems to have gained me another soul to talk genuinely about TOOL with. You can't put a price on that! Drove straight to to Civic Center from St. Louis and home at 5 a.m. Ugh!! But it was worth it. Thank you, TOOL!!!!!! That was one of the most memorable nights of my life. See you in Pensacola, St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's obvious that you're having fun. And by the way, Aenima IS the perfect set closer. They can do it as their last song for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned. There was only one discernable mistake, but Danny covered it so well 9900 of the 10K people didn't even notice. As they were doing the chugga chugga build up before the the lead guitar solo, Danny apparently did something that caused Justin to whip his head around with a "What the fu..?" kind of a look and probably wondering how they were all going to break at the same place with something now out of sync. No problem, Danny raised his arms a little higher for when HE was going to break cueing Justin and Adam and making for a well-covered mistake. Danny gestured a few apologetic smiles and laughs to Justin afterwards just to let him know that "it was his bad". Great show overall and not sure how this band could ever get any better than they are right now. Enjoy, everyone!!

Last edited by TOOL_Rules; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Wow, what a great show. 12th TOOL show dating back to 1993 and I have to agree with insaner. They are indeed in top form and it's hard to imagine them ever being any tighter. All band member's energy was good. Maynard had no trouble with the Rosetta screams and put a couple of ad-lib screams in other songs for good measure. His voice was quite powerful last night. The mix was good in 4th row. Not used to getting to sit that close for my favorite band. I took, along with other family and friends, my 65-year old mother who I am trying to convert into understanding a bit about TOOL. It seemed to be a successful conversion as the show blew her away. She, like most of us, doesn't understand how DC does what he does (after seeing him do it live it's now even more puzzling to her). But she knows it is brilliant and seemed most impressed with how incredibly "tight" they are as a band. She was a music major in college and I have always known she would have some appreciation for this band if I could just get her into the music a bit and ultimately to a show. Well, that finally happened last night and it seems to have gained me another soul to talk genuinely about TOOL with. You can't put a price on that! Drove straight to to Civic Center from St. Louis and home at 5 a.m. Ugh!! But it was worth it. Thank you, TOOL!!!!!! That was one of the most memorable nights of my life. See you in Pensacola, St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau. Just keep doing what you're doing. It's obvious that you're having fun. And by the way, Aenima IS the perfect set closer. They can do it as their last song for as long as they want as far as I'm concerned. There was only one discernable mistake, but Danny covered it so well 9900 of the 10K people didn't even notice. As they were doing the chugga chugga build up before the the lead guitar solo, Danny apparently did something that caused Justin to whip his head around with a "What the fu..?" kind of a look and probably wondering how they were all going to break at the same place with something now out of sync. No problem, Danny raised his arms a little higher for when HE was going to break cueing Justin and Adam and making for a well-covered mistake. Danny gestured a few apologetic smiles and laughs to Justin afterwards just to let him know that "it was his bad". Great show overall and not sure how this band could ever get any better than they are right now. Enjoy, everyone!!

Last edited by TOOL_Rules; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Aaedyn
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM

The prerequisite, this was my first Tool show. Drove from Hattiesburg, made it in about 4 hours and some change. We hauled ass. The parking lot was cool, met some cool people and chilled for a little while. I walked up to the entrance, and stuck my ear to the door, and I swear I heard Adam playing little riffs from No Quarter during the soundcheck. That was a treat, even though I knew they wouldn't play it at the show, it's nice to know they still jam it.

Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening.

I was sitting in Section 4, Row 4, seat 1. My seat kinda sucked. But only because I couldn't see Jones that well. I got a great view of Justin and Danny though, and I could see Maynard really well if I just tilted my head a little (You know what I'm talking about.) If anyone saw me, I was the crazy kid in the brown beanie rocking out the whole time.

Tool really brought it tonight. It was incredible. Maynard was on fire. I'm thinking the reason he doesn't scream the "Vicariously I.." part, and turns the mic toward the crowd, is not because he can't do it, it's because he wants you to do it. After hearing some of the longer notes he hit in other songs, I'm sure he could do it if he wanted. He may be getting old, but he's still a bad mother fucker.

Standard setlist, but who cares? Every song they played rocked my world like no other band could do. The drum breakdown in Lateralus was INSANE. I couldn't follow it half of the time, because Danny was just going off in all kinds of random beats. It was great though.

Okay, seriously, the lasers? Badass. The whole visual experience was incredible. Tool's visuals are topnotch. The highlights for me were definately Laturalus and Wings/Days. Those two songs were stunning. I was moved.

Security was lame as hell though. Too many old bastards with nothing better to do than shine their little mini-maglights at you. They can all go to hell. I couldn't light up because I was right on the end of the row.

Even though I've heard about how cool it is when Justin holds up his lighter, and everyone follows suit, being there, seeing it is great. There were so many lighters, the Civic Center was light up like a Christmas tree.

It was a great experience, I can't wait to see them again. I loved every minute of it. Except for the ridiculous traffic jam on the way out. I just sat in my car and got blazed for about 45 minutes then drove out without much of a delay. The ride home was a bitch, but it was all worth it.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

The prerequisite, this was my first Tool show. Drove from Hattiesburg, made it in about 4 hours and some change. We hauled ass. The parking lot was cool, met some cool people and chilled for a little while. I walked up to the entrance, and stuck my ear to the door, and I swear I heard Adam playing little riffs from No Quarter during the soundcheck. That was a treat, even though I knew they wouldn't play it at the show, it's nice to know they still jam it.

Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening.

I was sitting in Section 4, Row 4, seat 1. My seat kinda sucked. But only because I couldn't see Jones that well. I got a great view of Justin and Danny though, and I could see Maynard really well if I just tilted my head a little (You know what I'm talking about.) If anyone saw me, I was the crazy kid in the brown beanie rocking out the whole time.

Tool really brought it tonight. It was incredible. Maynard was on fire. I'm thinking the reason he doesn't scream the "Vicariously I.." part, and turns the mic toward the crowd, is not because he can't do it, it's because he wants you to do it. After hearing some of the longer notes he hit in other songs, I'm sure he could do it if he wanted. He may be getting old, but he's still a bad mother fucker.

Standard setlist, but who cares? Every song they played rocked my world like no other band could do. The drum breakdown in Lateralus was INSANE. I couldn't follow it half of the time, because Danny was just going off in all kinds of random beats. It was great though.

Okay, seriously, the lasers? Badass. The whole visual experience was incredible. Tool's visuals are topnotch. The highlights for me were definately Laturalus and Wings/Days. Those two songs were stunning. I was moved.

Security was lame as hell though. Too many old bastards with nothing better to do than shine their little mini-maglights at you. They can all go to hell. I couldn't light up because I was right on the end of the row.

Even though I've heard about how cool it is when Justin holds up his lighter, and everyone follows suit, being there, seeing it is great. There were so many lighters, the Civic Center was light up like a Christmas tree.

It was a great experience, I can't wait to see them again. I loved every minute of it. Except for the ridiculous traffic jam on the way out. I just sat in my car and got blazed for about 45 minutes then drove out without much of a delay. The ride home was a bitch, but it was all worth it.
OFFLINE |  
statusfear
05-16-2007, 10:21 AM

My 5th Tool show and far and away the best. You just can't say enough about the visuals, the sound, the tightness of the band (o my god Danny, what planet did you come from anyway) my only regret is not paying the extra $200.00 on eBay to get floor seats so I could actually see the band.

Every song killed even those I thought may be a little sketchy live (Wings & Rosetta were both brilliant). The highlight had to be Lateralus, the way the song creeps and builds to a crescendo, and the added couple of minutes was perfect. I agree that live is the only way to truly appreciate Tool's artistry and their mastery of their craft.

Another highlight was being able to share the experience with my 19 year old son, who was just out of diapers when I first began listening to Tool. I don't know if there will ever be another band whose music remains vital for such a long period of time, i mean most "older" bands at some point become caricatures of their former selves but thankfully this has not happened to this band yet. I hope they have at least one more album and tour in them, but we'll see.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

My 5th Tool show and far and away the best. You just can't say enough about the visuals, the sound, the tightness of the band (o my god Danny, what planet did you come from anyway) my only regret is not paying the extra $200.00 on eBay to get floor seats so I could actually see the band.

Every song killed even those I thought may be a little sketchy live (Wings & Rosetta were both brilliant). The highlight had to be Lateralus, the way the song creeps and builds to a crescendo, and the added couple of minutes was perfect. I agree that live is the only way to truly appreciate Tool's artistry and their mastery of their craft.

Another highlight was being able to share the experience with my 19 year old son, who was just out of diapers when I first began listening to Tool. I don't know if there will ever be another band whose music remains vital for such a long period of time, i mean most "older" bands at some point become caricatures of their former selves but thankfully this has not happened to this band yet. I hope they have at least one more album and tour in them, but we'll see.
OFFLINE |  
toolbox4907
05-16-2007, 11:14 AM

even though they are my favorite band, this was my first tool concert. it was amazing. pretty much everything that people have already said about the concert is what i was going to say. Lateralus, my favorite song, I thought was the best of the night. Maynard is incredible. I love how he sits back during the instrumentals and just dances/floates to the music. All the songs they played were great. Lateralus and Aenema being the best I thought. All Maynard said all night was "Good Evening" when they first came out, "Thank you" after the ovation following Lateralus, and "There you have it" after Vicarious. Cant wait to go to another concert of theirs sometime. I drove from Northwest Arkansas, was staying with a buddy in Russellville, AR. 18-wheeler turned over on the interstate about an hour west of memphis last night after the concert. sat still on the road for 2 1/2 hours. so after the 1 hour wait to get out of the parking lot and the 2 1/2 hour wait to get the truck off the interstate, we rolled into Russellville at straight up 6:00am...well worth it though...thank you tool
Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

even though they are my favorite band, this was my first tool concert. it was amazing. pretty much everything that people have already said about the concert is what i was going to say. Lateralus, my favorite song, I thought was the best of the night. Maynard is incredible. I love how he sits back during the instrumentals and just dances/floates to the music. All the songs they played were great. Lateralus and Aenema being the best I thought. All Maynard said all night was "Good Evening" when they first came out, "Thank you" after the ovation following Lateralus, and "There you have it" after Vicarious. Cant wait to go to another concert of theirs sometime. I drove from Northwest Arkansas, was staying with a buddy in Russellville, AR. 18-wheeler turned over on the interstate about an hour west of memphis last night after the concert. sat still on the road for 2 1/2 hours. so after the 1 hour wait to get out of the parking lot and the 2 1/2 hour wait to get the truck off the interstate, we rolled into Russellville at straight up 6:00am...well worth it though...thank you tool
OFFLINE |  
black<i>'s Avatar black<i>
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM

This was a wonderful show. Maynard, although not too talkative, seemed to be in good spirits. The entire show was spot-on from every member of the band. Everything meshed together flawlessly. I can't really offer any other information that's not already on here except for the following:

After the show, my wife and I hung out for a while. After a while, we saw Adam walking around at which point my wife yelled out to him. There weren't too many other's hanging around, however, there was some asshat we'll refer to as Superfan #1.

Before we continue. let me say, this was our 4th Tool show, and up to this point, we had managed to meet both Maynard and Justin twice. Being into art and design myself, I had always wanted to meet Adam. We had came close once, at Ozzfest in St. Louis back in 98, I believe...which is where we met Maynard for the first time. Maynard told us that Adam was ill, and so when we did see him, we didn't want to bother him, so we never said anything.

So, this time, however, my wife yells out to him and he waves and continues on. Superfan #1 tells us then, "Do not talk to them." Fuck him.

So, a little later, Adam comes back around and motions up to my wife for us to meet him at the gate, Suffice to say, we oblige. We run over to the gate. Superfan warns us, "Do not run up to him" WTF? Once there, he tells us he's sick (again), so he doesn't feel like taking any photographs or anything, but that it was a great crowd and a good time and he'll be happy to sign a few things. He was very polite and very friendly. He signed our stuff and our two friends and moved on to sign for "Superfan" who goes on to tell Adam he "Saved his life." Dude, if you happen to read these forums, I think Tool would agree, it's time you go ahead and let that go. :)

So, Adam goes back, we wait a little longer, and Justin rides up on his bike and signs some stuff and again mentions what a great crowd it was and what a good time the band had. Justin signs some stuff and talks for a while as well. Superfan tells Justin that he "Saved his life" as well, but doesn't mention if Justin had saved his life more than Adam had or not ;)....I ask if he thinks Danny might be able to come out and he says, "Well, he's getting a massage right now, but sure. I'll let him know."

We're all super-stoked. We wait. And then some rent-a-cop security fucktard with nothing more than a flashlight comes up and tells us we have to leave that the entire band just left on a van....we call his bluff, but he obviously was not going to NOT be a cock about the whole deal...so we left. A little dishearted that we missed Danny, but an over-all wonderful experience. The show was amazing and it really meant something that Adam took the time to walk out and talk a bit and sign a few things even though he was sick.

I can only hope that I can manage to gather some good seets for the Cape Girardeau show and that the Little Rock date pops back up so I can, perhaps, get that chance to say "thanks" to Danny that the lame-ass security guard made us miss....

Last edited by black<i>; 05-16-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

This was a wonderful show. Maynard, although not too talkative, seemed to be in good spirits. The entire show was spot-on from every member of the band. Everything meshed together flawlessly. I can't really offer any other information that's not already on here except for the following:

After the show, my wife and I hung out for a while. After a while, we saw Adam walking around at which point my wife yelled out to him. There weren't too many other's hanging around, however, there was some asshat we'll refer to as Superfan #1.

Before we continue. let me say, this was our 4th Tool show, and up to this point, we had managed to meet both Maynard and Justin twice. Being into art and design myself, I had always wanted to meet Adam. We had came close once, at Ozzfest in St. Louis back in 98, I believe...which is where we met Maynard for the first time. Maynard told us that Adam was ill, and so when we did see him, we didn't want to bother him, so we never said anything.

So, this time, however, my wife yells out to him and he waves and continues on. Superfan #1 tells us then, "Do not talk to them." Fuck him.

So, a little later, Adam comes back around and motions up to my wife for us to meet him at the gate, Suffice to say, we oblige. We run over to the gate. Superfan warns us, "Do not run up to him" WTF? Once there, he tells us he's sick (again), so he doesn't feel like taking any photographs or anything, but that it was a great crowd and a good time and he'll be happy to sign a few things. He was very polite and very friendly. He signed our stuff and our two friends and moved on to sign for "Superfan" who goes on to tell Adam he "Saved his life." Dude, if you happen to read these forums, I think Tool would agree, it's time you go ahead and let that go. :)

So, Adam goes back, we wait a little longer, and Justin rides up on his bike and signs some stuff and again mentions what a great crowd it was and what a good time the band had. Justin signs some stuff and talks for a while as well. Superfan tells Justin that he "Saved his life" as well, but doesn't mention if Justin had saved his life more than Adam had or not ;)....I ask if he thinks Danny might be able to come out and he says, "Well, he's getting a massage right now, but sure. I'll let him know."

We're all super-stoked. We wait. And then some rent-a-cop security fucktard with nothing more than a flashlight comes up and tells us we have to leave that the entire band just left on a van....we call his bluff, but he obviously was not going to NOT be a cock about the whole deal...so we left. A little dishearted that we missed Danny, but an over-all wonderful experience. The show was amazing and it really meant something that Adam took the time to walk out and talk a bit and sign a few things even though he was sick.

I can only hope that I can manage to gather some good seets for the Cape Girardeau show and that the Little Rock date pops back up so I can, perhaps, get that chance to say "thanks" to Danny that the lame-ass security guard made us miss....

Last edited by black<i>; 05-16-2007 at 11:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Kody27
05-16-2007, 11:32 AM

At one point during the climax of Lateralus, I asked my friend next to me to kill me, because I knew my life could only get worse at that moment. Nothing could of topped it. And I felt the same when I witnessed Danny playing the break down to Rosetta Stoned from the 3rd row, I could of been blinded at that instant and been satisfied that the last image I ever saw was Danny's intense possesed paradiddle playing petrified face.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

At one point during the climax of Lateralus, I asked my friend next to me to kill me, because I knew my life could only get worse at that moment. Nothing could of topped it. And I felt the same when I witnessed Danny playing the break down to Rosetta Stoned from the 3rd row, I could of been blinded at that instant and been satisfied that the last image I ever saw was Danny's intense possesed paradiddle playing petrified face.
OFFLINE |  
digital_bath
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM

This was my first time seeing tool and it could not have been better. We got there about 1:30 and only 3 people were there already. My friend and I sat there all afternoon to wait and actually got to hear the sound check , they played Stinkfist and Jambi. The divestity of people was interesting, there were a lot of older people there which spiked my curiosity as to whether they were hardcore tool fans or just people who came because it was another band to hear. One thing that comes to mind was an older woman with grey hair who was fairly heavyset and who was wearing sweats who was there with who I guess was her husband. I felt rediculously out of place wearing a polo and a hat because everyone was wearing black and black tool shirts. People who saw me probably thought I didn't know a thing about tool. I have been waiting to see them play since I was in 8th grade and now I'm out of school. I could have not been more pleased with the concert and today my throat still hurts from screaming!

Last edited by digital_bath; 05-16-2007 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first time seeing tool and it could not have been better. We got there about 1:30 and only 3 people were there already. My friend and I sat there all afternoon to wait and actually got to hear the sound check , they played Stinkfist and Jambi. The divestity of people was interesting, there were a lot of older people there which spiked my curiosity as to whether they were hardcore tool fans or just people who came because it was another band to hear. One thing that comes to mind was an older woman with grey hair who was fairly heavyset and who was wearing sweats who was there with who I guess was her husband. I felt rediculously out of place wearing a polo and a hat because everyone was wearing black and black tool shirts. People who saw me probably thought I didn't know a thing about tool. I have been waiting to see them play since I was in 8th grade and now I'm out of school. I could have not been more pleased with the concert and today my throat still hurts from screaming!

Last edited by digital_bath; 05-16-2007 at 12:29 PM..
OFFLINE |  
cancelface
05-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Amazing show, I had the center front row seats and it was such an experience.

First tool show ever, although I've been a fan since Undertow was originally released. The only complaint I had was that during some parts of songs, the bass and drums drowned out Maynard's voice and it could barely be heard, but that's alright because they made up for it with the last half of the setlist.

They played some crowd favorites, I met a few people before the show and had quite a good time overall.

The laser light show was killer, and I loved watching the visuals behind the band on the screens, especially when they had the 10,000 days artwork displayed above. Excellent stuff.

Maynard dancing and flowing to the instrumental parts was fun to watch.
Out of all the songs, I was so glad to hear Wings/10,000 days and Rosetta Stoned.

Like someone before me said, the album doesn't do it justice, you have to hear it live to get the full atmosphere of those songs.

At the end, Maynard was throwing waterbottles into the crowd and he looked right at us about to throw us one. He chucked it to his right instead, taunting us. Haha, good show, good sportsmanship by the band overall.

Go see tool if you haven't.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing show, I had the center front row seats and it was such an experience.

First tool show ever, although I've been a fan since Undertow was originally released. The only complaint I had was that during some parts of songs, the bass and drums drowned out Maynard's voice and it could barely be heard, but that's alright because they made up for it with the last half of the setlist.

They played some crowd favorites, I met a few people before the show and had quite a good time overall.

The laser light show was killer, and I loved watching the visuals behind the band on the screens, especially when they had the 10,000 days artwork displayed above. Excellent stuff.

Maynard dancing and flowing to the instrumental parts was fun to watch.
Out of all the songs, I was so glad to hear Wings/10,000 days and Rosetta Stoned.

Like someone before me said, the album doesn't do it justice, you have to hear it live to get the full atmosphere of those songs.

At the end, Maynard was throwing waterbottles into the crowd and he looked right at us about to throw us one. He chucked it to his right instead, taunting us. Haha, good show, good sportsmanship by the band overall.

Go see tool if you haven't.
OFFLINE |  
Anirak
05-16-2007, 02:31 PM

This was an awesome show and my first time to see Tool. I was in 105 and it was great. I was hoping to hear parabola, pushit, and reflection, but I realize they can't play everything. Glad I get to see them again Thursday.

I agree with the part about not being able to hear maynard in certain parts. It was still totally amazing. When jambi first came on, I was like "holy fucking shit" at how awesome the lighting was. I don't like that song as much as the rest, but the visuals totally blew me away.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

This was an awesome show and my first time to see Tool. I was in 105 and it was great. I was hoping to hear parabola, pushit, and reflection, but I realize they can't play everything. Glad I get to see them again Thursday.

I agree with the part about not being able to hear maynard in certain parts. It was still totally amazing. When jambi first came on, I was like "holy fucking shit" at how awesome the lighting was. I don't like that song as much as the rest, but the visuals totally blew me away.
OFFLINE |  
trey5winds's Avatar trey5winds
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM

Good evening to all - still trying to recover from the experience. A very positive experience is difficult to come by these days; the power of this one shook me to the core.

My friends and I were all sitting on that rise between the floor and the first row off the floor. With concrete walls and one previous experience to guide me, I knew the sound might take my head off. It didn't, but threatened to a few times.

As this is more sort of a first impression thing, I thought I'd list the song and speak briefly on it, then move to the next. I hope anything written here is helpful.

JAMBI - They were spot on, as far as I could tell. I'm not convinced it's a good opener, but it had plenty of impact. Should TOOL ever decide to play shows with two sets and an intermission, it would be a great second set opener. The sound was roughest here, with this song and "Stinkfist" serving to get the soundman acclimated to the night; nevertheless, it was a very good beginning to the evening. As with other songs, the vocals were tough to hear in some places; this is perhaps more the venue than the band or technical set-up - in music performance areas, concrete and piping are not your friends. I wish I could've heard the Talk Box better on the guitar solo; the playing, though, was brutal and precise. Very good.

STINKFIST - The straighter version (and why not), though I wish I'd heard the "rearranged" version they did the last time they were in Memphis. Vocals were lost most on this one - probably the effects. The bottom end really rose here, and it made some solo notes harder to hear. The power, though, was incredible. As with "Jambi", a cool use of the video show, too.

FORTY SIX & 2 - Very, very good. At this point it got harder to hear Maynard because now everyone is singing along with him. That got the energy moving back and forth in a steady, rippling oscillation. The drum solo here was crisp and well-played, and the band seemed to find the groove of the show here; the energy from this point on was very relentless, with very few weak ripples; there was the feeling of a lot of open space in this piece, on this night - very different from my experience of the recording and the only other show I'd seen in 2002.

SCHISM - Came out swinging like a champ. It took me a moment to realise that the guitar part at the beginning was leading into it; I wondered, at first, if it was a new composition altogether until I heard the recorded intro. The sped-up portion added in the interlude (with the video interplay) was stunning; one friend who came with me only ever saw this video - that was almost all his experience with TOOL, and that on that afternoon. He leaned over and said "I don't remember this part; I wish the video had that." I agreed - a concert DVD would be great, but then, we know where that madness leads...

LOST KEYS/ROSETTA STONED - I lost some definition and clarity in the sound; I'm glad I know the pieces so well - that knowledge enabled me to keep my place in it. The power alone was brighter and seemed to rush into the middle of the arena. The vocals were lost more here than anywhere, but what I heard sounded really good. The video presentation absolutely rocked. My friend Dave (who was still sitting with us and NOT floating away) just shook his head and laughed at it. The song with this footage would make a great video and/or sci-fi movie. A possible cult classic?

RIGHT IN TWO - I didn't expect them to play it. It's my favourite from the CD, and sounded pretty good. The drum feature was fun to watch, and I loved the softer guitar sounds during that and on the end. The intro to "Intension" fits right in with it; I read they'd been doing that, and I would love to hear "Intension" from beginning to end (perhaps transitioning into this) in a concert setting. The power and the fury was there, and from what and where I could hear, Justin, Danny and Adam were all just brilliantly spot on in all the many different polyrhythmic sections.

The light show presentation and sound effects before "Wings For Marie" was unusual, striking, and attention-getting. Very intriguing. Loud, and hard to get used to with all that bottom end, but as it transitioned into "Wings", I think then I understood it, even if I can't fully explain it. This moment was my one picture that I had to grab with my phone; the candlelight playing against the stage lighting was simply too gorgeous to let slip away.

WINGS FOR MARIE/10,000 DAYS - It's not an easy piece to play, and it must be heart-achingly wretched for Maynard to have to sing over and over on the tour. I felt priviledged to have heard it and seen the wonderful visual presentation for it, and I felt its magic seep through the audience - especially considering Mother's Day had just passed us. It sounded great, full, bright and hopeful; it touched me deeply, and I felt that others felt it.

I wouldn't blame the band if they never played it again after this tour; Maynard shouldn't have to relive this over and over again for the benefit of "the show" - but I'm grateful that they played it. The hope therein was beautiful. I wish it could be bottled and shared. Pity our world doesn't work that way.

LATERALUS - I've waited for YEARS to hear this live. I had to leave in the middle of the intermission (not by my choice, I might add) the last time TOOL came to Memphis - somewhere in my head, there's a TOOL show that has never been concluded. I missed "Triad", "Opiate", and this one, from what I've been told. But hearing this one on the night more than made up for it, and with a new drum solo to boot! It was my favourite piece of the night - Danny did himself honour and the band proud with his performance. The only problem was again with the way the sound traveled in the building - the softer parts came out very well, but the bass lost some definition on this near the end with the octave sweeps. As a mass, though, it still sounded bristling and beastly. It really is the perfect set closer; I could've left the show at this point. Luckily there was still a little more.

VICARIOUS - The energy faltered just a slight bit here (and so did some of Maynard's vocal - is it a new habit for him to leave out singing the final chorus on this one, now, or was his voice simply shot?) and I'm not totally convinced of the sound effects intro, though I thought it was neat. The playing was still sharp as a tack, and the collective intensity still held and even grew as it went along. The bass sounded just massive, and the guitar's timbre seemed to brighten somewhat (I couldn't tell if he changed guitars - too far away and no binoculars). I liked the light show for all of it, but the one for this one stood out. If there was a weak moment in the set, I would say this is the one, and only in part. Though Maynard didn't sing the last chorus (or wasn't heard - I couldn't tell), the band itself roared and pulled off a razor-sharp coda. Not my favourite moment of the night, but still a good one.

ÆNEMA - Wasn't sure I wanted to hear this at the end of the set, but it rocked hard, and it kicked ass. Some of the sonic cohesion finally started to drift, though the playing was still spot on and spiky. The energy and aggression of the crowd really came out here, and we all seemed to sense that this was the end of the show. Maynard was very clearly heard all through this one; Danny, Justin and Adam powered everything else viscerally forward. It felt good to hear this by the end of it, and perhaps there is something positive to be said for cheerful, abrasive negation.

Thank you, Gentlemen. Thank you, Audience. I, myself had a wonderful time. I think Music did, too. My second TOOL show with a near-perfect setlist ("Third Eye" would've made it heaven), and it even had an ENDING this time! I was stoked.

If the rest of the tour is like this, I feel cheated that this was the only show I got to see. But I still came out pretty good in the end, and I think the band came off even better.

I hope everyone else had a ball.

from "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" by Genesis
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Good evening to all - still trying to recover from the experience. A very positive experience is difficult to come by these days; the power of this one shook me to the core.

My friends and I were all sitting on that rise between the floor and the first row off the floor. With concrete walls and one previous experience to guide me, I knew the sound might take my head off. It didn't, but threatened to a few times.

As this is more sort of a first impression thing, I thought I'd list the song and speak briefly on it, then move to the next. I hope anything written here is helpful.

JAMBI - They were spot on, as far as I could tell. I'm not convinced it's a good opener, but it had plenty of impact. Should TOOL ever decide to play shows with two sets and an intermission, it would be a great second set opener. The sound was roughest here, with this song and "Stinkfist" serving to get the soundman acclimated to the night; nevertheless, it was a very good beginning to the evening. As with other songs, the vocals were tough to hear in some places; this is perhaps more the venue than the band or technical set-up - in music performance areas, concrete and piping are not your friends. I wish I could've heard the Talk Box better on the guitar solo; the playing, though, was brutal and precise. Very good.

STINKFIST - The straighter version (and why not), though I wish I'd heard the "rearranged" version they did the last time they were in Memphis. Vocals were lost most on this one - probably the effects. The bottom end really rose here, and it made some solo notes harder to hear. The power, though, was incredible. As with "Jambi", a cool use of the video show, too.

FORTY SIX & 2 - Very, very good. At this point it got harder to hear Maynard because now everyone is singing along with him. That got the energy moving back and forth in a steady, rippling oscillation. The drum solo here was crisp and well-played, and the band seemed to find the groove of the show here; the energy from this point on was very relentless, with very few weak ripples; there was the feeling of a lot of open space in this piece, on this night - very different from my experience of the recording and the only other show I'd seen in 2002.

SCHISM - Came out swinging like a champ. It took me a moment to realise that the guitar part at the beginning was leading into it; I wondered, at first, if it was a new composition altogether until I heard the recorded intro. The sped-up portion added in the interlude (with the video interplay) was stunning; one friend who came with me only ever saw this video - that was almost all his experience with TOOL, and that on that afternoon. He leaned over and said "I don't remember this part; I wish the video had that." I agreed - a concert DVD would be great, but then, we know where that madness leads...

LOST KEYS/ROSETTA STONED - I lost some definition and clarity in the sound; I'm glad I know the pieces so well - that knowledge enabled me to keep my place in it. The power alone was brighter and seemed to rush into the middle of the arena. The vocals were lost more here than anywhere, but what I heard sounded really good. The video presentation absolutely rocked. My friend Dave (who was still sitting with us and NOT floating away) just shook his head and laughed at it. The song with this footage would make a great video and/or sci-fi movie. A possible cult classic?

RIGHT IN TWO - I didn't expect them to play it. It's my favourite from the CD, and sounded pretty good. The drum feature was fun to watch, and I loved the softer guitar sounds during that and on the end. The intro to "Intension" fits right in with it; I read they'd been doing that, and I would love to hear "Intension" from beginning to end (perhaps transitioning into this) in a concert setting. The power and the fury was there, and from what and where I could hear, Justin, Danny and Adam were all just brilliantly spot on in all the many different polyrhythmic sections.

The light show presentation and sound effects before "Wings For Marie" was unusual, striking, and attention-getting. Very intriguing. Loud, and hard to get used to with all that bottom end, but as it transitioned into "Wings", I think then I understood it, even if I can't fully explain it. This moment was my one picture that I had to grab with my phone; the candlelight playing against the stage lighting was simply too gorgeous to let slip away.

WINGS FOR MARIE/10,000 DAYS - It's not an easy piece to play, and it must be heart-achingly wretched for Maynard to have to sing over and over on the tour. I felt priviledged to have heard it and seen the wonderful visual presentation for it, and I felt its magic seep through the audience - especially considering Mother's Day had just passed us. It sounded great, full, bright and hopeful; it touched me deeply, and I felt that others felt it.

I wouldn't blame the band if they never played it again after this tour; Maynard shouldn't have to relive this over and over again for the benefit of "the show" - but I'm grateful that they played it. The hope therein was beautiful. I wish it could be bottled and shared. Pity our world doesn't work that way.

LATERALUS - I've waited for YEARS to hear this live. I had to leave in the middle of the intermission (not by my choice, I might add) the last time TOOL came to Memphis - somewhere in my head, there's a TOOL show that has never been concluded. I missed "Triad", "Opiate", and this one, from what I've been told. But hearing this one on the night more than made up for it, and with a new drum solo to boot! It was my favourite piece of the night - Danny did himself honour and the band proud with his performance. The only problem was again with the way the sound traveled in the building - the softer parts came out very well, but the bass lost some definition on this near the end with the octave sweeps. As a mass, though, it still sounded bristling and beastly. It really is the perfect set closer; I could've left the show at this point. Luckily there was still a little more.

VICARIOUS - The energy faltered just a slight bit here (and so did some of Maynard's vocal - is it a new habit for him to leave out singing the final chorus on this one, now, or was his voice simply shot?) and I'm not totally convinced of the sound effects intro, though I thought it was neat. The playing was still sharp as a tack, and the collective intensity still held and even grew as it went along. The bass sounded just massive, and the guitar's timbre seemed to brighten somewhat (I couldn't tell if he changed guitars - too far away and no binoculars). I liked the light show for all of it, but the one for this one stood out. If there was a weak moment in the set, I would say this is the one, and only in part. Though Maynard didn't sing the last chorus (or wasn't heard - I couldn't tell), the band itself roared and pulled off a razor-sharp coda. Not my favourite moment of the night, but still a good one.

ÆNEMA - Wasn't sure I wanted to hear this at the end of the set, but it rocked hard, and it kicked ass. Some of the sonic cohesion finally started to drift, though the playing was still spot on and spiky. The energy and aggression of the crowd really came out here, and we all seemed to sense that this was the end of the show. Maynard was very clearly heard all through this one; Danny, Justin and Adam powered everything else viscerally forward. It felt good to hear this by the end of it, and perhaps there is something positive to be said for cheerful, abrasive negation.

Thank you, Gentlemen. Thank you, Audience. I, myself had a wonderful time. I think Music did, too. My second TOOL show with a near-perfect setlist ("Third Eye" would've made it heaven), and it even had an ENDING this time! I was stoked.

If the rest of the tour is like this, I feel cheated that this was the only show I got to see. But I still came out pretty good in the end, and I think the band came off even better.

I hope everyone else had a ball.

from "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" by Genesis
OFFLINE |  
jswearengen
05-16-2007, 04:07 PM

This was my second TOOL concert--the first being last year in Dallas. Am a 61 y/o female TOOL fan. My brother, 52, was with me. Aside from the cigarette smoke (didn't mind the 'other'; brought back a lot of memories), it was great. Only problem for us in the nosebleed seats was that we could NOT hear Maynard's vocals. After the sound in Dallas last year being so goddamned prsitine, this was just a muddy mess. Did rock with the music but not the words. Thought it interesting that several fans stopped us along the way with "What are YOU doing here?". Hey old folks rock. And if it was the over-the-top sercurity that got us Aenime, so be it.

As for the exorbitant t-shirt prices--forget it. I have the money but not the ethics to pay that amount for a fucking t-shirt.

As for the monumental cluster fuck that was Desoto Convention Center traffic control, what a mess. It took us almost as long to get out to the interstate as TOOL played. This place needs to get a grip.

Last edited by jswearengen; 05-16-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second TOOL concert--the first being last year in Dallas. Am a 61 y/o female TOOL fan. My brother, 52, was with me. Aside from the cigarette smoke (didn't mind the 'other'; brought back a lot of memories), it was great. Only problem for us in the nosebleed seats was that we could NOT hear Maynard's vocals. After the sound in Dallas last year being so goddamned prsitine, this was just a muddy mess. Did rock with the music but not the words. Thought it interesting that several fans stopped us along the way with "What are YOU doing here?". Hey old folks rock. And if it was the over-the-top sercurity that got us Aenime, so be it.

As for the exorbitant t-shirt prices--forget it. I have the money but not the ethics to pay that amount for a fucking t-shirt.

As for the monumental cluster fuck that was Desoto Convention Center traffic control, what a mess. It took us almost as long to get out to the interstate as TOOL played. This place needs to get a grip.

Last edited by jswearengen; 05-16-2007 at 04:09 PM..
OFFLINE |  
extraDemensionalBeing's Avatar extraDemensionalBeing
05-16-2007, 05:05 PM

Amazing show. Second time seeing them on 10000days tour and this was better than the first!
Let's first get over the cons:
SECURITY!!!!!!!!! security! and more security! Fuck you guys! Shining your light lights in peoples faces while they are trying to enjoy a show! Asking people to get the attention of a person smoking because they are ignoring the security. You wanna know something? Fuck you. I hope someone in your family dies soon. Completely ridiculous. Some girl that a came to the concert almost got kicked out for smoking cigarettes and ended up having to give the secuity guard 2 packs.
TRAFFIC!!!!! I thought the show would be over by the time we got there. Luckily got there right before they started and had time to get a beer.

Amazing setlist don't listen to the downers out there. They are so tight in all of the songs they do both with each other and the videos and effects. Sure i would like to see them change up the setlist, but the one they are using is (did i mention?) amazing. There were more videos added to the background of songs since last time i saw them. I really liked the rosetta stoned video. That song makes me laugh when they do it live. It's just so much fun. The video in lateralus with the spirals of bodies looks crazy. Speaking of crazy and Lateralus- Danny's new drum solo is mind blowing. He was killer all night. I was really excited before this show to see right in two live, but would have rather seen pushit, loved right in two though. Also wanted to see the pot again, but i'm definetly satisfied with what i saw. Can't wait until june 22 in St Louis
My friend saw Adam and Camella at Huey's Restuarant in Memphis after the show. Camella talked to him and asked they not go ask him for autographs. And that was the end of that

"there you have it"- maynard before Aemina
Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

there you have it

Amazing show. Second time seeing them on 10000days tour and this was better than the first!
Let's first get over the cons:
SECURITY!!!!!!!!! security! and more security! Fuck you guys! Shining your light lights in peoples faces while they are trying to enjoy a show! Asking people to get the attention of a person smoking because they are ignoring the security. You wanna know something? Fuck you. I hope someone in your family dies soon. Completely ridiculous. Some girl that a came to the concert almost got kicked out for smoking cigarettes and ended up having to give the secuity guard 2 packs.
TRAFFIC!!!!! I thought the show would be over by the time we got there. Luckily got there right before they started and had time to get a beer.

Amazing setlist don't listen to the downers out there. They are so tight in all of the songs they do both with each other and the videos and effects. Sure i would like to see them change up the setlist, but the one they are using is (did i mention?) amazing. There were more videos added to the background of songs since last time i saw them. I really liked the rosetta stoned video. That song makes me laugh when they do it live. It's just so much fun. The video in lateralus with the spirals of bodies looks crazy. Speaking of crazy and Lateralus- Danny's new drum solo is mind blowing. He was killer all night. I was really excited before this show to see right in two live, but would have rather seen pushit, loved right in two though. Also wanted to see the pot again, but i'm definetly satisfied with what i saw. Can't wait until june 22 in St Louis
My friend saw Adam and Camella at Huey's Restuarant in Memphis after the show. Camella talked to him and asked they not go ask him for autographs. And that was the end of that

"there you have it"- maynard before Aemina
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Haha, so true. I was thinking to myself that next week can NOT come soon enough (birmingham). I had this big come down after the show. Fucking work.

Wings/10k Days was phenominal live. I really like it on the CD but hearing it live, it was fucking epic. Same with Jambi. I'm rediscovering this song, I loved it live.

Vocals a bit messed up, couldn't hear them for some parts.

I didn't think the crowd was that great, it seemed like the only time they really came alive was when Ænema was played. It was like "oh hey I know this song! they play it all the time on my shitty local rock station!"

All in all, great, loved it.

Last edited by sam959; 05-16-2007 at 05:30 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Haha, so true. I was thinking to myself that next week can NOT come soon enough (birmingham). I had this big come down after the show. Fucking work.

Wings/10k Days was phenominal live. I really like it on the CD but hearing it live, it was fucking epic. Same with Jambi. I'm rediscovering this song, I loved it live.

Vocals a bit messed up, couldn't hear them for some parts.

I didn't think the crowd was that great, it seemed like the only time they really came alive was when Ænema was played. It was like "oh hey I know this song! they play it all the time on my shitty local rock station!"

All in all, great, loved it.

Last edited by sam959; 05-16-2007 at 05:30 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Cheesegreater
05-16-2007, 07:54 PM

Absolutely incredible show! This was my second Tool show, and I had the time of my fucking life. Security was pretty tight, a little too tight. I was the most pissed when a security guard was flashing his light and yelling at someone in an upper level to put out their cigarette during Jambi. He kept trying to "deal" with the guy from our lower level. I was thinking, "Dude, if you're going deal with this guy, you're going to have to get your lazy ass up there. Tool just took the stage. Show a little respect and shut the fuck up." He left to get the guy finally; it was a minor inconvenience.

The last show I went to was Dallas in September of 2006. Only my girlfriend and I went then because a couple of folks bailed on us at the last minute, but it was still a wonderful time. This time we got four friends to tag along, and it really made the experience that much more phenomenal. It was also their first show. Three of them were long time Tool fans and one, as he has said, "Is just now getting into them, but they're growing on him really fast." After the concert he said, "Well, if I wasn't a Tool fan before, I sure as hell am now. And you can quote me on that." So... I did. :)

Firstly, I'd like to say that our seats were great. Section 104 like five rows back was a fantastic view for the show. I mean we were only about 30 feet from the stage, and we were all like, "These seats are actually fucking awesome!" Great view of Danny. We could see the drums almost from his perspective. It was as if our section was designed to watch Danny tear the drums to pieces. And I just love the energy from Justin, he's like a wild animal when he really gets into those bass lines. Great place to see the show.

"Jambi"--- I think this is a great opener personally. I like the fact that it doesn't "creep" in like a lot of their beginning songs. It's just dead silent, then a white light shines on Adam, and he's shredding to Jambi. It's such a fun song, and Maynard's bullriding techniques are always fun to watch.

"Stinkfist"--- So if Jambi wasn't enough of an intro for you, how about this classic? It's cool to have seen both the extended and Aenima versions. I love them both equally. Let me tell you guys, if you aren't getting to see any of the floor show this tour you are really missing out on a key component that makes this tour so incredible. The part where Adam is playing the guitar real loud and Danny does that tribal beat is awesome. There's this complex pattern of squares that go round and round the stage, then stop for Danny's drum part. Perfect timing.

"46 & 2"--- They always nail this song, and I love how Danny and Justin play with each other on this song (not in a gay way, they are just sharing themselves, and expressing their feelings together.) Hmmmm... Anyway, wonderful song. One of my friends I brought with me is a pretty good drummer. I could tell that he was just so happy to see Danny in his element last night.

"Right in Two"--- The drummer that was with us, my girlfriend, and I were all dying to see this song live. I think of Yoplait's slogan "It is so good." I remember the expression Randall (the drummer) had on his face when he was looking at the rolls at the end. It was just a smug ass grin. He was just kinda rubbing his chin and shaking his head in agreement with everything Danny did. A couple of times he almost laughed and shook his head in disbeleif when the drums got really insane.

"Lost Keys-Rosetta Stoned"--- This is the song that I think just slapped all my friends in the face with amazingness. The song that everybody kinda shakes their head to when it's over like "Yeah, I get it." As in you're thinking, these guys are blowing my mind and performing flawlessly. At the end of Rosetta Stoned my friend who's "the new Tool fan" turned to me and said, "Holy fucking God." and smiled.

"Wings for Marie-10,000 Days"--- Here come the lasers! Wonderful song. So emotional for me to watch though, I must say. It has to be quite the soul-sucking perfomance for Maynard to sing, but he does it, probably even against his will. Still, the ensemble is very crucial for the show, and I think it's incredibly brave to share emotions like the ones expressed in this song. From Right in Two til Lateralus... I don't know, it just feels so organic, so right. I don't give a flying rat's ass what people say about the setlists, props to Tool for coming up with an ingenius setlist for 10,000 Days. Also, that crazy-all-over-the-place lead that Adam plays for 10,000 Days is JUST like the album. You wouldn't think it because of the aforementioned all-over-the-place-edness, but he nails it. Really a wonderful guitarist, and it stinks how underated he is. Moving on.

"Lateralus"--- Definitely my favorite song. The lasers really kick up at this point. The extended part is such a great idea. It's so awesome for them to give Danny like three or four minutes to really show off his skills. God... if you haven't seen it live, I'm just not going to attempt to put it into words.

"Vicarious"--- The lasers are great in this song. Really a song that shines brightest live, and it wakes people up and let's them know that Tool is going to rock them out for the rest of the show.

"Aenima"--- You know what? This is a PERFECT closer. It just leaves you feeling so numb, your jaw hanging on the floor. The strobe light effect is out of this world. All of a sudden it's bright as day in the arena, and Justin is literally stomping the end of this song into the ground. Unforgetable.

The guys stayed on stage awhile and really soaked it up. It was great, and Justin, Adam and Danny made a point to wave at our section on their left side. Justin started the trend. It was great. I hope they felt our energy because we were totally pumped the whole show, and it was really cool of them to make sure we knew we got noticed, even though we were at the side-most section of the arena. I could have applauded them until my arms fell off.

Thank you so much Adam, Justin, Maynard, and Danny for providing such a positive experience. People get so caught up in the drab corporate world we've all become wrapped up in that they look forward to events like this so their life makes at least a little sense. What I mean to say is simply this; last night's show was one of the most positive experiences I've ever had, as I'm sure it was for many of you. What a great high it is to be with your friends mutually enjoying such a wonderful emotional experience! Yes, to some, it's just a show. A pretty good rock concert and nothing else. But for many of us, it's just a complete transcendental time. Everything comes into focus. You think "Here I am with my friends watching my favorite band, all of them enjoying their first Tool show. They're all smiling and dancing. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen them happier. I'll never forget this as long as I live. This... THIS feeling is the kind of thing that makes life worth living for."

Maybe a little bit overboard for some of you guys, but this is the reason I think Tool plays their hearts out at all their shows. I'm guessing they're trying to arouse those feelings inside of you. Hell, if the quote before you enter the opinion forum isn't an indication, I don't know what is.

Justin, YOU ROCK!!! Of course people like to go on and on about Danny, but I feel like Justin deserves credit where it's certainly due. Adam and Justin get the shit end of the stick when it comes to musical appreciation. I view all of them as equals, all specialising in different areas. They are all a crucial part of something a little higher than themselves: TOOL.

Looking forward to continually riding this spiral!

Last edited by Cheesegreater; 05-16-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Absolutely incredible show! This was my second Tool show, and I had the time of my fucking life. Security was pretty tight, a little too tight. I was the most pissed when a security guard was flashing his light and yelling at someone in an upper level to put out their cigarette during Jambi. He kept trying to "deal" with the guy from our lower level. I was thinking, "Dude, if you're going deal with this guy, you're going to have to get your lazy ass up there. Tool just took the stage. Show a little respect and shut the fuck up." He left to get the guy finally; it was a minor inconvenience.

The last show I went to was Dallas in September of 2006. Only my girlfriend and I went then because a couple of folks bailed on us at the last minute, but it was still a wonderful time. This time we got four friends to tag along, and it really made the experience that much more phenomenal. It was also their first show. Three of them were long time Tool fans and one, as he has said, "Is just now getting into them, but they're growing on him really fast." After the concert he said, "Well, if I wasn't a Tool fan before, I sure as hell am now. And you can quote me on that." So... I did. :)

Firstly, I'd like to say that our seats were great. Section 104 like five rows back was a fantastic view for the show. I mean we were only about 30 feet from the stage, and we were all like, "These seats are actually fucking awesome!" Great view of Danny. We could see the drums almost from his perspective. It was as if our section was designed to watch Danny tear the drums to pieces. And I just love the energy from Justin, he's like a wild animal when he really gets into those bass lines. Great place to see the show.

"Jambi"--- I think this is a great opener personally. I like the fact that it doesn't "creep" in like a lot of their beginning songs. It's just dead silent, then a white light shines on Adam, and he's shredding to Jambi. It's such a fun song, and Maynard's bullriding techniques are always fun to watch.

"Stinkfist"--- So if Jambi wasn't enough of an intro for you, how about this classic? It's cool to have seen both the extended and Aenima versions. I love them both equally. Let me tell you guys, if you aren't getting to see any of the floor show this tour you are really missing out on a key component that makes this tour so incredible. The part where Adam is playing the guitar real loud and Danny does that tribal beat is awesome. There's this complex pattern of squares that go round and round the stage, then stop for Danny's drum part. Perfect timing.

"46 & 2"--- They always nail this song, and I love how Danny and Justin play with each other on this song (not in a gay way, they are just sharing themselves, and expressing their feelings together.) Hmmmm... Anyway, wonderful song. One of my friends I brought with me is a pretty good drummer. I could tell that he was just so happy to see Danny in his element last night.

"Right in Two"--- The drummer that was with us, my girlfriend, and I were all dying to see this song live. I think of Yoplait's slogan "It is so good." I remember the expression Randall (the drummer) had on his face when he was looking at the rolls at the end. It was just a smug ass grin. He was just kinda rubbing his chin and shaking his head in agreement with everything Danny did. A couple of times he almost laughed and shook his head in disbeleif when the drums got really insane.

"Lost Keys-Rosetta Stoned"--- This is the song that I think just slapped all my friends in the face with amazingness. The song that everybody kinda shakes their head to when it's over like "Yeah, I get it." As in you're thinking, these guys are blowing my mind and performing flawlessly. At the end of Rosetta Stoned my friend who's "the new Tool fan" turned to me and said, "Holy fucking God." and smiled.

"Wings for Marie-10,000 Days"--- Here come the lasers! Wonderful song. So emotional for me to watch though, I must say. It has to be quite the soul-sucking perfomance for Maynard to sing, but he does it, probably even against his will. Still, the ensemble is very crucial for the show, and I think it's incredibly brave to share emotions like the ones expressed in this song. From Right in Two til Lateralus... I don't know, it just feels so organic, so right. I don't give a flying rat's ass what people say about the setlists, props to Tool for coming up with an ingenius setlist for 10,000 Days. Also, that crazy-all-over-the-place lead that Adam plays for 10,000 Days is JUST like the album. You wouldn't think it because of the aforementioned all-over-the-place-edness, but he nails it. Really a wonderful guitarist, and it stinks how underated he is. Moving on.

"Lateralus"--- Definitely my favorite song. The lasers really kick up at this point. The extended part is such a great idea. It's so awesome for them to give Danny like three or four minutes to really show off his skills. God... if you haven't seen it live, I'm just not going to attempt to put it into words.

"Vicarious"--- The lasers are great in this song. Really a song that shines brightest live, and it wakes people up and let's them know that Tool is going to rock them out for the rest of the show.

"Aenima"--- You know what? This is a PERFECT closer. It just leaves you feeling so numb, your jaw hanging on the floor. The strobe light effect is out of this world. All of a sudden it's bright as day in the arena, and Justin is literally stomping the end of this song into the ground. Unforgetable.

The guys stayed on stage awhile and really soaked it up. It was great, and Justin, Adam and Danny made a point to wave at our section on their left side. Justin started the trend. It was great. I hope they felt our energy because we were totally pumped the whole show, and it was really cool of them to make sure we knew we got noticed, even though we were at the side-most section of the arena. I could have applauded them until my arms fell off.

Thank you so much Adam, Justin, Maynard, and Danny for providing such a positive experience. People get so caught up in the drab corporate world we've all become wrapped up in that they look forward to events like this so their life makes at least a little sense. What I mean to say is simply this; last night's show was one of the most positive experiences I've ever had, as I'm sure it was for many of you. What a great high it is to be with your friends mutually enjoying such a wonderful emotional experience! Yes, to some, it's just a show. A pretty good rock concert and nothing else. But for many of us, it's just a complete transcendental time. Everything comes into focus. You think "Here I am with my friends watching my favorite band, all of them enjoying their first Tool show. They're all smiling and dancing. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen them happier. I'll never forget this as long as I live. This... THIS feeling is the kind of thing that makes life worth living for."

Maybe a little bit overboard for some of you guys, but this is the reason I think Tool plays their hearts out at all their shows. I'm guessing they're trying to arouse those feelings inside of you. Hell, if the quote before you enter the opinion forum isn't an indication, I don't know what is.

Justin, YOU ROCK!!! Of course people like to go on and on about Danny, but I feel like Justin deserves credit where it's certainly due. Adam and Justin get the shit end of the stick when it comes to musical appreciation. I view all of them as equals, all specialising in different areas. They are all a crucial part of something a little higher than themselves: TOOL.

Looking forward to continually riding this spiral!

Last edited by Cheesegreater; 05-16-2007 at 08:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
btravis311
05-17-2007, 04:58 AM

4th Tool gig, the other three during the Lateralus tour. I came from Knoxville...had a floor seat...section 4, row 7, seat 9. I liked the DeSoto Center - staff was polite. Pretty good sound. This was my first time using my Etymotic ER-20 earplugs, and I was pleased. Vocals were clear and the guitar and cymbals weren't muddied like foam earplugs can do. Anyway, the show was great, with Lateralus, Wings, and Rosetta as my highlights. Overall, not quite as magical as the Lateralus tour, but they were supporting a better album on that tour, plus Maynard seemed to be more into it then. And to be honest, I could easily forego the lasers and projections if it meant more music. That said, it was well worth the trip, and I can't wait to see them in ATL and Cincinnati.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

4th Tool gig, the other three during the Lateralus tour. I came from Knoxville...had a floor seat...section 4, row 7, seat 9. I liked the DeSoto Center - staff was polite. Pretty good sound. This was my first time using my Etymotic ER-20 earplugs, and I was pleased. Vocals were clear and the guitar and cymbals weren't muddied like foam earplugs can do. Anyway, the show was great, with Lateralus, Wings, and Rosetta as my highlights. Overall, not quite as magical as the Lateralus tour, but they were supporting a better album on that tour, plus Maynard seemed to be more into it then. And to be honest, I could easily forego the lasers and projections if it meant more music. That said, it was well worth the trip, and I can't wait to see them in ATL and Cincinnati.
OFFLINE |  
Ssj2yugi
05-17-2007, 05:37 AM

2nd Tool gig, 3rd concert ever. Section 1, row 6, seat 28. Absolutely amazing experience. I'd even go so far as to say that it was better than when I saw them in Dallas on 9/14/2006. None of the instruments overpowered the others (where I was sitting at least) and Maynard's vocals were spot on and hearable the whole time, except in Rosetta Stoned. If I didn't know the words to it I never would've been able to hear wtf he was saying. Also the fuckin primal ass scream he let rip during Stinkfist (if I'm correct) was amazing. Completely took me by surprise because after seeing them in Dallas, I thought that Maynard's vocals were getting bad, but he proved me wrong tonight. They were in tip top shape. Highlights were the last 3 songs. Incredible amounts of energy in Lateralus, Vicarious and Ænema (not to say that the other songs had no energy, they were awesome also). Hopefully they'll put out at least one more album so I can definitely see them again
Old 05-17-2007, 05:37 AM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

2nd Tool gig, 3rd concert ever. Section 1, row 6, seat 28. Absolutely amazing experience. I'd even go so far as to say that it was better than when I saw them in Dallas on 9/14/2006. None of the instruments overpowered the others (where I was sitting at least) and Maynard's vocals were spot on and hearable the whole time, except in Rosetta Stoned. If I didn't know the words to it I never would've been able to hear wtf he was saying. Also the fuckin primal ass scream he let rip during Stinkfist (if I'm correct) was amazing. Completely took me by surprise because after seeing them in Dallas, I thought that Maynard's vocals were getting bad, but he proved me wrong tonight. They were in tip top shape. Highlights were the last 3 songs. Incredible amounts of energy in Lateralus, Vicarious and Ænema (not to say that the other songs had no energy, they were awesome also). Hopefully they'll put out at least one more album so I can definitely see them again
OFFLINE |  
Norfleet's Avatar Norfleet
05-17-2007, 05:41 AM

A little late to the show, but...

My 4th show and I enjoyed every minute of it. Someone mentioned Maynard mouthing "sorry" or something at some point - it may have been because he came in early during the "hey hey hey" part right before the solo in Rosetta Stoned. He recovered nicely though.

46 & 2 was probably the best song of the night, followed closely by Jambi and Right In Two.

I kind of wondered how they would enter the stage to open the show, because nothing can compare to the Biloxi show last tour, with the Buddhist monk throat chant playing and the Lateralus circle of eyes on the video screens and the low end rumbles and wind and distortion that led in to Sober. For this show, I was surprised that a single low-end note that fluctuated in intensity could get me that pumped up for the opening.

It took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot afterwards, and that was because I took the back road out that no one else seemed to know existed.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

A little late to the show, but...

My 4th show and I enjoyed every minute of it. Someone mentioned Maynard mouthing "sorry" or something at some point - it may have been because he came in early during the "hey hey hey" part right before the solo in Rosetta Stoned. He recovered nicely though.

46 & 2 was probably the best song of the night, followed closely by Jambi and Right In Two.

I kind of wondered how they would enter the stage to open the show, because nothing can compare to the Biloxi show last tour, with the Buddhist monk throat chant playing and the Lateralus circle of eyes on the video screens and the low end rumbles and wind and distortion that led in to Sober. For this show, I was surprised that a single low-end note that fluctuated in intensity could get me that pumped up for the opening.

It took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot afterwards, and that was because I took the back road out that no one else seemed to know existed.
05-17-2007, 10:14 PM

hey ya'll, i gotta say, i had time of my life at this concert! i sat in section 2, row 12, seat 15 and this being my first tool concert, i didnt know what to expect. but then again, i did. total fuckin annihilation!!! psychedelic lasers, the fog, and INCREDIBLE music put me at a state of "one"ness with every tool fan in the house...and i believe that the complexity and intensity of tool's music allow us to immerse our minds into an altered consiousness. with the help of certain herbal remedies....i'm glad we fixed our minds in the truck before the show! the security, although polite, was to controlling and overbearing.

but tool! unbelievable! i followed along during much of rosetta stoned and wings for marie. lateralus is my favorite song so that sealed the deal! but the entire show was amazing! every song was perfect! i had a little bit of trouble hearing maynard, but thats okay.

total spiritual experience! thanks tool!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

hey ya'll, i gotta say, i had time of my life at this concert! i sat in section 2, row 12, seat 15 and this being my first tool concert, i didnt know what to expect. but then again, i did. total fuckin annihilation!!! psychedelic lasers, the fog, and INCREDIBLE music put me at a state of "one"ness with every tool fan in the house...and i believe that the complexity and intensity of tool's music allow us to immerse our minds into an altered consiousness. with the help of certain herbal remedies....i'm glad we fixed our minds in the truck before the show! the security, although polite, was to controlling and overbearing.

but tool! unbelievable! i followed along during much of rosetta stoned and wings for marie. lateralus is my favorite song so that sealed the deal! but the entire show was amazing! every song was perfect! i had a little bit of trouble hearing maynard, but thats okay.

total spiritual experience! thanks tool!
05-18-2007, 11:23 AM

It was insane!!!! We sat front fucking row!!!!!!! Adam Jones was less than 10ft away from us!!! I rocked out so hard to Stinkfist that i face planted the rail in front of me and caused my tooth to go straight through my lip!!! I missed the last of Stinkfist and almost all of 46&2 but i was back in time for Schism. But no worries i recieved a life long reminder of how awsome the show was and ill get to see the whole set in 8 days in Birmingham can't wait. By the way it was my first show and im hooked i want to see them again and again. I don't think concerts will ever be the same for me again. My advice to all you tool fans who haven't seen them live do its worth every penny!!!

Ps. we too had trouble hearing maynard we heard him the best during rosette stoned. um the dead head chemistry had a hold of us so the light show was intense my favorite thing was the background thingy with the head things from 10 thousand days it was all bright and it seemed to sway.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-18-2007 at 12:53 PM..
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 8

It was insane!!!! We sat front fucking row!!!!!!! Adam Jones was less than 10ft away from us!!! I rocked out so hard to Stinkfist that i face planted the rail in front of me and caused my tooth to go straight through my lip!!! I missed the last of Stinkfist and almost all of 46&2 but i was back in time for Schism. But no worries i recieved a life long reminder of how awsome the show was and ill get to see the whole set in 8 days in Birmingham can't wait. By the way it was my first show and im hooked i want to see them again and again. I don't think concerts will ever be the same for me again. My advice to all you tool fans who haven't seen them live do its worth every penny!!!

Ps. we too had trouble hearing maynard we heard him the best during rosette stoned. um the dead head chemistry had a hold of us so the light show was intense my favorite thing was the background thingy with the head things from 10 thousand days it was all bright and it seemed to sway.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-18-2007 at 12:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
mommyluvsmusic
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM

This was my second show this tour and I feel so blessed in the fact that both of them were unfucking believable performances! The sound quality from my section (106) was pretty clear. (much better than what I got during the Dallas show from the uppers) The Dallas crowd seemed louder than the ones at this concert, but that probably had to do with the fact that AAC seats twice as many people as DC Civic Center does. "Right in Two" was bad ass live... So glad they played it, and although Maynard didn't say as much as he did in Dallas, he really seemed to be "feeling" the music. He was really into his "Maynard dance" and you could just tell that the whole band was "on" Tuesday night. Loved the extra few minutes added into "Lateralus". Danny Carey is a fucking God! He beats the hell out of those drums! Did anyone else notice that Justin played a good part of Lateralus while sitting on his knees turned to Danny? It was as if they were just feeding off of each other? Hearing it live is always a spiritual experience but Tuesday nights performance was exceptional! Still don't like Jambi as the opener... Stinkfist fits so much better. Btw, the scream in Stinkfist was unfucking believable! The visuals for Rosetta were different than in Dallas and Maynard definitely messed up when he came in too early on the hey, hey, hey part. He covered nicely. All and all it was well worth my 4 hour trip from Arkansas even though we were all dog ass tired on the way home that night. The one bad thing about this concert was the crazy ass security.... I literally got "felt up" from this female security guard before walking in the door. The poor old lady in front of me got it even worse. She made the mistake of bringing in a purse. She spent 10 minutes pulling out everything that was in it. They made her throw away a fingernail file... I guess because it could be used as a weapon??? I also wanted to say a big thank you to the guy sitting right next to me (in roll D) for telling the drunk motherfucker behind us to STFU during 10,000 Days/WFM. It was also extremely cool that he made sure to angle himself in a way that made it easy for me to see the band completely. He was at least a foot taller than me and could have easily obstructed my view, but he didn't. For that dude... you rock! All and all it was another excellent Tool experience. Now if I could just get these guys to add that Little Rock date back into the schedule... I surely don't want to wait another 3-5 years before seeing them in concert again!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This was my second show this tour and I feel so blessed in the fact that both of them were unfucking believable performances! The sound quality from my section (106) was pretty clear. (much better than what I got during the Dallas show from the uppers) The Dallas crowd seemed louder than the ones at this concert, but that probably had to do with the fact that AAC seats twice as many people as DC Civic Center does. "Right in Two" was bad ass live... So glad they played it, and although Maynard didn't say as much as he did in Dallas, he really seemed to be "feeling" the music. He was really into his "Maynard dance" and you could just tell that the whole band was "on" Tuesday night. Loved the extra few minutes added into "Lateralus". Danny Carey is a fucking God! He beats the hell out of those drums! Did anyone else notice that Justin played a good part of Lateralus while sitting on his knees turned to Danny? It was as if they were just feeding off of each other? Hearing it live is always a spiritual experience but Tuesday nights performance was exceptional! Still don't like Jambi as the opener... Stinkfist fits so much better. Btw, the scream in Stinkfist was unfucking believable! The visuals for Rosetta were different than in Dallas and Maynard definitely messed up when he came in too early on the hey, hey, hey part. He covered nicely. All and all it was well worth my 4 hour trip from Arkansas even though we were all dog ass tired on the way home that night. The one bad thing about this concert was the crazy ass security.... I literally got "felt up" from this female security guard before walking in the door. The poor old lady in front of me got it even worse. She made the mistake of bringing in a purse. She spent 10 minutes pulling out everything that was in it. They made her throw away a fingernail file... I guess because it could be used as a weapon??? I also wanted to say a big thank you to the guy sitting right next to me (in roll D) for telling the drunk motherfucker behind us to STFU during 10,000 Days/WFM. It was also extremely cool that he made sure to angle himself in a way that made it easy for me to see the band completely. He was at least a foot taller than me and could have easily obstructed my view, but he didn't. For that dude... you rock! All and all it was another excellent Tool experience. Now if I could just get these guys to add that Little Rock date back into the schedule... I surely don't want to wait another 3-5 years before seeing them in concert again!
OFFLINE |  
Roxyfran19
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM

This was my first TOOL show...and it was fucking brilliant...they are the most powerful musical force i have ever heard...i was really close to justin....perfect view of maynard...his voice was absolutly beautiful....great setlist...i have to say, you could tell how much the band loved to perform their new material...rosetta stoned...they ripped that song apart...it was beautiful to see the animation in maynard as he sang his heart out...the drum solo in the middle gave me chills...the whole song really stood out..the energy from the whole band was awesome...maynard nailed the cresendo note at the end...omg i almost came in my pants. i loved to see the band so close up..they all support each others part so well...the albums dont do them justice as far as seeing it live...i will remember every bit of that show forever. I had great seats and all i wanted was to see where that amazing music really came from. They are superior! I cant really put to words how much i love TOOL...i love the way i see things and feel things when i listen to them...but seeing it live will forever be the highlight of my musical life. I loved Lateralus...HOLY FUCKING SHIT....it was amazing.. surreal..watching Danny live...he is a monster! they are all such amazing muscians... it was everything i hoped it would be...my favorite thing was watching maynard dance...they were all so into it...danny and maynard and justin and adam..thank you so much! I love ya!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first TOOL show...and it was fucking brilliant...they are the most powerful musical force i have ever heard...i was really close to justin....perfect view of maynard...his voice was absolutly beautiful....great setlist...i have to say, you could tell how much the band loved to perform their new material...rosetta stoned...they ripped that song apart...it was beautiful to see the animation in maynard as he sang his heart out...the drum solo in the middle gave me chills...the whole song really stood out..the energy from the whole band was awesome...maynard nailed the cresendo note at the end...omg i almost came in my pants. i loved to see the band so close up..they all support each others part so well...the albums dont do them justice as far as seeing it live...i will remember every bit of that show forever. I had great seats and all i wanted was to see where that amazing music really came from. They are superior! I cant really put to words how much i love TOOL...i love the way i see things and feel things when i listen to them...but seeing it live will forever be the highlight of my musical life. I loved Lateralus...HOLY FUCKING SHIT....it was amazing.. surreal..watching Danny live...he is a monster! they are all such amazing muscians... it was everything i hoped it would be...my favorite thing was watching maynard dance...they were all so into it...danny and maynard and justin and adam..thank you so much! I love ya!
OFFLINE |  
jusmaroon's Avatar jusmaroon
05-21-2007, 08:41 PM

5th show, "wings" was beautiful. great job guys.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

5th show, "wings" was beautiful. great job guys.
OFFLINE |  
borealisorchestra
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM

"Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening."

First of all they played for like 25 Min, they cut most of their songs short I assume because they wanted to play more songs. Obviously Tool thinks they should be seen or they wouldn't be on tour with them. Why should a band have a singer when they can say it all with four instruments? I have been listening to Kinski for about 3 years now and they are probably my favorite band on earth. I can only hope that some people that saw them on this tour can see past the fact that they don't have singer.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

"Kinski was cool, I dug on some of the guitarist's use of his delay pedal. They really do need a singer though, the music, while cool, isn't intricate or dynamic enough in it's own right to keep you listening."

First of all they played for like 25 Min, they cut most of their songs short I assume because they wanted to play more songs. Obviously Tool thinks they should be seen or they wouldn't be on tour with them. Why should a band have a singer when they can say it all with four instruments? I have been listening to Kinski for about 3 years now and they are probably my favorite band on earth. I can only hope that some people that saw them on this tour can see past the fact that they don't have singer.
OFFLINE |  
FightingMonkey's Avatar FightingMonkey
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Totally my first show and I loved every minute of it. Anyone know where I can get a torrent of the show? I heard there was one floating around online somewhere.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Totally my first show and I loved every minute of it. Anyone know where I can get a torrent of the show? I heard there was one floating around online somewhere.
OFFLINE |  
YouLied29's Avatar YouLied29
05-30-2007, 06:38 AM

I didn't miss a second of that show. It was freakin brilliant, the best concert I've ever seen. Lateralus was one of the highlights, Danny Carey did a drum solo during an extended part that was crazy!! Also during the last song, Ænema, where everyone was reaaly into it, the whole crowd was wild. It was just great, amazing..I can't wait to go see TooL again..
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

I didn't miss a second of that show. It was freakin brilliant, the best concert I've ever seen. Lateralus was one of the highlights, Danny Carey did a drum solo during an extended part that was crazy!! Also during the last song, Ænema, where everyone was reaaly into it, the whole crowd was wild. It was just great, amazing..I can't wait to go see TooL again..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply