opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

setlist....

stinkfist
46 and 2
jambi
schism
right in two
lost keys
rosetta stoned
the pot
lateralus
vicerious
aenima

unfukinbeleivable

ill try this again! the thunder and lightning and hail before the show was amazing.... it was mother natures way of saying " tool is about to play inside....get ready"

good night .....im gonna go have sex all nite w/ my girlfriend.....she deserves it since she caught danny's drumstick!!!!!

jambi and the pot were my favs

Last edited by original f/x; 05-21-2006 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: also
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

Stinkfist
Forty-Six&2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
Lateralus
[something electronicky that I didn't recognize]
Vicarious
ænema

Probably my favorite Tool show so far...very straightforward in general. Maynard didn't do a lot of talking. After Stinkfist, he asked "where the fuck are we?" and mumbled a bit before heading into Forty-Six&2, and before The Pot he said something about the internet and how "less capable singers" would fail at this song, or something to that effect. [see other reviews below for better quotage] It was nearly impossible to understand what he was saying, especially from the next to last row, so maybe someone from closer in could verify this. In any case, he ended his lil speech with "if I fail, it's because you have failed me" and then went right into The Pot. After that, he simply said "that one goes out to the neighborhood."

After Lateralus, they all sat down on stage and just seemed to enjoy the endless cheering and applause from all of us, who were more than willing to indulge for however long they sat there. Whether or not this was the "end" of the show before the encore or just a breather I don't know. At this point it was about 115º up in the balcony so I can't be trusted for rational thought. They did some sort of synthesizer-type segue thing which I couldn't match to anything from 10,000 Days and it definitely wasn't anything I had heard from another album, but hopefully someone else can place it. During Vicarious, Maynard did one of my favorite lead singer mistakes and left out almost an entire verse because he got lost ("stare like a junkie.......[excessive pause].....'cause I need to watch things die"), which I'm not sure everyone caught. They had been tweaking about every other song with either extended guitar parts or changed lyrics, so this may have slipped under the radar for the more stoned in the crowd.

In general, the show was a textbook Tool concert, with screens behind the band playing video along with each song, often times from music videos for the singles. Danny wore a basketball jersey (shocking), while Adam and Justin wore their average garb...not that I could really tell, being 5'4" and those two being close to the front of the stage. Maynard, however, was apparently still playing cowboy, and had jeans with a large belt buckle, no shirt, and a straw hat that he occasionally doffed to reveal what looked like a mohawk. He seemed to be in the mood to rock, not chit chat, so he didn't talk much but gave a stellar performance in all cases. Danny's drumming was exceptional, especially in the intricate 10,000 Days and Lateralus stuff, with very solid performances from Adam and Justin. The guitar seemed to be turned up too loud at some points, but it didn't really affect the show. In general, it was a really good time. The Orpheum could use a ventilation system of some kind, but I'm sure all of us had an easier time of it than the band, so I'm not complaining. It was great.

Last edited by Ambut; 05-21-2006 at 07:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

The show was really great. I wish they'd played anything off of opiate or 'tow but I still can't complain.
Approximate Maynard quotes:
-"There's been a lot of flooding around here. A whole lot of floods [this is true, New England suffered a lot of damage thanks to all the rain]. I hate to say I told you so...." (Starts in on Aenema)
-"Have you heard the internet? It's a place where you can send letters without stamps. Can you imagine that? No stamps? Anyway, you might have read on the internet that I've been sick lately, and we haven't been able to do some songs because I'm an inferior singer. Well, I'm going to try doing them tonight, but know that if I fail, it is because you have failed me." (Starts in on the pot)
-"This one goes out to my neighborhood" (Maynard lived around the Boston area a while back)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712

lol i cought maynard fuck up
my friend was trying to tell me he did it on purpose and i was like "he missed a whole line"

imo maynard could have been a tiny bit louder
i didn't like the voice thingy maynard was using for rosetta, it just sounded like feedback from where i was sitting. got orch row k ticks for free.

my first tool show and it was excellent overall. i can't wait until fall.

oh, and what did maynard hand that guy during jambi?

Last edited by Setve; 05-21-2006 at 07:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

i can die a happy man/teenager/whatever.

my first tool show.

the setlist, while obviously popular song loaded and somewhat brief, was great. the only dissappointments were the beginning 3-4minutes of rosetta stoned. the megaphone/whatever thing that maynard was using didn't really work well at all. it just sounded like a jumbled mess. the rest of rosetta stoned is great but id rather lose it to get some undertow or another aenima or lateralus song. lost keys and it take up a little too much time for the amount that i like them.

i was way back (row y) in the balcony and the sound was great except the vocals were kind of low. that didn't matter because I knew everything anyway...as did most hardcore fans there. i can see how somebody not fluent in Tool would dislike the songs they don't know because literally you couldn't hear very much of Maynard's vocals unless you knew exactly what to hear for.

the energy was great. there was a wicked cool guy from TA (im TA too I was wearing a cornell hat and my TA shirt) behind me and the people around us including some guy with a shitload of hair 2 rows up were really into it. there were a few people that didn't seem totally into the concert which is a dissappointment, considering how many hardcore fans didn't score a ticket or couldn't (or wouldn't) pay a premium on scalped/ebayed/brokered tickets. i was balc LC and there was a grandma there. i expected like a younger teenage kid to come and be with her...but nobody came and she was, in fact, alone that was a surprise.

there were a few mistakes but nothing critical. only adam and maynard had a few hiccups that I noticed. the talkbox on jambi worked really well. its great to have heard right in two AND the pot...totally unexpected and a first on the tour. the video during the pot was sick it was just like a smoke cloud. too bad practically nobody was smoking. stupid security. i really sincerely fucking hope tool doesn't play the fleetcenter when they come back around again with their gay ass security and no pit. like i understand smoking in buildings is illegal and smoking pot is illegal but its so fucking annoying that at other cities/venues people can get as stoned as they please and enjoy the concert that much more. it was so hot in there but you really cant complain becuase it must have been so much worse for the band.

i understand the need (in the band's eyes) to play the hits on the warmup tour. honestly, they are too modest ... they are one of the biggest bands of the present day but they were scared they weren't going to be recieved as well as they were. they probably felt the need to supplant the new stuff (advertise/support the album) with old hits to bring everybody back in. the problem w/ that logic is that most tool fans don't really need to be brought back in...we have been in and riding the spiral for fucking ever and are ready to continue. hopefully come the stadium tour we'll get a longer (2hour) set with a more varied set list per venue including different older songs. i know DRT is pretty much out of the question and some of opiate/undertow might not fit with the current songs but that still leaves a lot of possibilities. i hope that if we start to get wings/10k then we see less of rosetta stoned because those 2 take up 40ish minutes of the set and would leave less room for other things. i like rosetta stoned but I just don't see it on the same level as other things they could have played. especially with the way the megaphone thinger worked (badly). it was kind of 3 minutes of everybody standing around wanting to get into the music but having Maynard's ramblings drown out and make for some annoying background noise. If we can get a rosetta stoned that sounds like the album I'm all for it but I don't know if thats possible...

Songs I Need to Hear Live Before I Die:
Lateralus - Check
Magdalena - Check
Third Eye - I'd shit myself. Favorite song ever...
Pushit - Please God/foreign being.
No Quarter - there's always hope.
H. - for some reason I see it happening this fall.

Last edited by mjr; 05-21-2006 at 08:22 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Is The Pot's "internet" reference one about the ongoing "Think you can sing the intro?" thread on ToolNavy?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

fucking sick. and I also met a super hot girl on the T after the show. woohoo.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712

the friend i was with flipped out, because before one of the songs (lateralus?), adam did a slide with his pick. all night he had been wishing they would play prison sex, i knew they wouldn't, but adam had us both going.

Last edited by Setve; 05-21-2006 at 07:44 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

I thought the set list kinda sucked. Nothing off Undertow? That's just crazy. They should've ditched Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned, those two take up WAY too much time, and played a couple other songs from Aenima or Undertow. I was really hoping to hear something off Aenima other than the "hits." Eulogy, H, Pushit, etc. Still a good show, but the set list was really lacking imho.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

So before getting into Boston, I bought a pair of $20 sneakers, but I was wearing sandals to the concert. Once in Boston, I decided to change into my sneakers, it was about 2 hours before the show, but I needed a pair of socks. I went into Macy's with my friend, found a pair of socks for $7 and while I was waiting in line, I turned around and who was coming up the escalator, but...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...jonesandme.jpg

;)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Maynard said,.... "the place we played last night was smelly" ...... then he was saying " if any of you know go on the internet , like it's a place you can actually be on"......... then he said "blah blah blah, this is blah blah blah and this is from the new album"
the show was put together very well except for the obvious (security acting like 400lb dickheads) A woman was sitting front row right and she was really into the show and they threw her out because she was too excited. 3 people got thrown out behind us because 1 of them took a drag off of a cigarette. All in all the show was outstanding in such a small venue. The only improvement would be for them to play a deeper selection of cuts when they come back in the fall.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioniccommandos
So before getting into Boston, I bought a pair of $20 sneakers, but I was wearing sandals to the concert. Once in Boston, I decided to change into my sneakers, it was about 2 hours before the show, but I needed a pair of socks. I went into Macy's with my friend, found a pair of socks for $7 and while I was waiting in line, I turned around and who was coming up the escalator, but...

;)
this is true. i actually took the picture (i'm 'the friend'). Anyway, about the show. GREAT show. I was very satisfied and I'm at a loss for words. Maybe I'll post something later. Peace.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #14
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioniccommandos

;)

woah...i was waiting in line at like 6:00 ish when camella drove adam right up to the entrance in an SUV...wonder wtf he needed in macy's...did you see him buy anything?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

was it the extended stinkfist and schism?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

WHEW....Tonight, when ranked amongst past TOOL shows..... these new songs have put them at a level I felt just wasn't there....(because I was so in awe the last time I saw them, I said the same thing)
This band and these songs.....are at a whole 'nother level....thats all I can say.

Danny drives that bus.......a Master Craftsman.....so, so powerful....pushing along.

Long waves goodbye, sitting on the stage for break, mixing up the set list, Stinkfist opener, Urgh ..."The Pot".."Right in Two"..

"Who got flooded?" "Lots of floods"......"We tried to warn you...hehe.." - AEnema

Man....it just simply cannot be Duplicated.....or contained...THAT is what it is about.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh, My, god. this was absolutely fucking ridiculous. Yeah Maynard missed a couple of words but other than that i dont think anything else went wrong. This show was fucking amazing. I dont know what else to say other than i should have paid more for this concert. haha. And also i met this chic who knows Maynard( and the band but she seemed to re-iterate that she knows Maynard for some reason) it was cool when she showed me a pic of Maynard and her on her phone. I thought that the mega phone thing was amazing. not only the sound but how he used it, like both the mic and that at the same time.

Adam was crazy it seemed like he was having a great time on stage, at the end of the "inside the outside" tour it looked like he was tired of the whole thing(could be wrong)

Justin was awesome, i especially liked how he was rippin it up at the end of Ænima. Crazy

And of coarse Danny was ridiculously crazy, unbelievable. Im not sure I can say anything else about him. Insane.

I liked the fast middle of schism, never get enough of the "extended" stinkfist.

And to answer someone else's question, during jambi someone gave Maynard a(im not sure of the name) battery pack(?) for the wireless earpiece that he clipped onto his pocket. Someone else can correct the name of that.

Thank You
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
woah...i was waiting in line at like 6:00 ish when camella drove adam right up to the entrance in an SUV...wonder wtf he needed in macy's...did you see him buy anything?
No, he seemed to be cutting through it, he was with some older guy who I'm assuming was either his guitar tech or a roadie or something. My theory is that he was cutting through Macy's to avoid being seen on the streets and attacked by hundreds of TOOL fans. Cuz what kinda TOOL fans shop at Macy's (besides the one's wearing Steve Nash jerseys*)?

*see photo
**my logic for wearing that: Danny's usual stage attire + Maynard's place of residence = a Steve Nash jersey being a perfectly appropriate thing to wear to a TOOL concert

On a side note: for a busy rockstar, he was a genuinely nice guy. He was clearly in a hurry, and I had to be "that guy" and stop him, but he was sincerely nice to me and Adam (Alveolate).
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

Great show. The Pot kicked all kinds of ass.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

as mentioned by most, frickin amazing......17th show, another reminder why I keep coming back for more & shall continue to... couple things to help clarify:

it looked like Maynard was having issues w/ his mike during Vicarious, i don't think he forgot / left out the verse as mentioned above - he was looking @ his mike & kinda looked like he may have switched it on before the chorus kicked in.

several maynardisms....."something something something, witty comment, something something something insert another witty comment - new album, new song..." - then into Jambi.

"where are we? - we were in NY last night, they were louder, but you're better" - then into 46&2

afore mentioned flood & internet comments...pretty accurate from what I recall.

Danny had some issues w/ the snare? i think - had to be swapped out after schism...Maynard has to swap a battery or monitor or something during jambi...seemed to be having some trouble getting it clipped back onto his belt initially, but he got it once the verse ended. After Stinkfist, was a delay - looked like Justin came to the front right of the stage & a tech took his bass...not sure what was going on there...perhaps someone closer to that side knows more.

Right before schism, maynard kinda pulled adam over - almost like they were gonna play someting else, then jumped in schism...once that was done, they talked again & maynard was kinda pointing to the setlist - then they played Right In Two - almost like they were swapped on the original setlist -

Not sure how anyone could complain about the setlist - i mean, the most songs off 10,000 days to date in 1 show - other classics were excellent as always.
Extended version of Stinkfist (no extra lyrics), fast bridge in schism - very cool -

Sound was great in the orpheum, though i'm guessing that depends on where you were located - few times seemed the bass overpowered the vocals, but fortunately that didn't happen too often, just a couple times. Audience was definitely into it & was very loud - seemed the band really felt the vibe tonight!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #21
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

let me add that the video during Lateralus was amazing. the bird (pheonix?) thing that changed colors w/ the lyrics...extremely cool. when the eye came on the screen before the song started I was hoping for something different (parabola or third eye) lateralus later on...but whatever you can't always win. and it ended up being a kickass video during lateralus...so that was cool enough
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

danny in a clippers jersey is great. maynard wearing a cowboy hat when doing all 10k days songs (aenema too). took a 5 minute break on stage. unreal.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCmdr
fucking sick. and I also met a super hot girl on the T after the show. woohoo.
So did I. She talked to me half way through the ride, I didnt even know she was a Tool fan. We both got off on Riverside and I shook her hand. Awesome girl :)

Really Cool

The show was amazing, we got more off of the new album than the other shows, I was quite happy about that. Maynard even joined in on the group hug this time around. Great guys, great show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Sound wasn't so great in the far right mezzanine, we couldn't understand a single word Maynard spoke and vocals were overpowered.

Getting my camera in was way easier than trying to use it...unsuccessful...too damn much security near my seat and they were busting people using their camera phones. And this stupid chick in front of me spent half the show text messaging which had security looking our way constantly. YOU'RE AT A CONCERT WATCH THE SHOW OR LEAVE! Ugh...wanted to smack her upside the head, the light from her phone was bright and annoying.

Was glad to see Maynard wasn't "hiding" behind a screen. Clear view of him made up for lack of vocal clarity.

When they were all sitting on the stage "resting" the drum tech was fixing something on the kit.

Oh and speaking of grandmas at the show...well, we were among the oldest in our section...we're 43 & 45...and I'll be loving TOOL when I'm 50 and 60!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 09:08 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Fuckin' amazing. Placing aside Lollapalooza like 7 years ago, this was my first Tool show, and I'm absolutely in love. Didn't think I could love Tool more than I already did before the show, haha. The setlist was AWESOME, considering that I thought they wouldn't play The Pot AND Right in Two. Absolutely orgasmic. I felt a little outta place 'cause I was like the only blonde chick wearing white, from what I saw, haha. Anyone see me? Had balcony row Q seats, sound was amazing, even though I had a hard time understanding what Maynard was saying. Despite the fucking crazy rain, the waiting in line was kinda fun. The guy in charge, the one who seemed to be on a powertrip, was actually pretty cool and placed me right in front of the line, haha. :D It was great - got to see Adam and Danny when they came in. I'm very jealous of the person who got to meet Adam. If I'd meet ANY of them, I'd die happy.

Danny was fucking insane. I've been to a few rock concerts - NEVER seen a drummer rip it up like that. Maynard looked absolutely smokin', mrowr, and his vocals were out of control. Gave me the chills. Adam and Justin did an amazing job... don't know how they fucking DO that. Argh. Fuckin' tight.

All in all, I'm depressed now that it's over, but fucking overwhelmed. I can't wait till they come back. :)
"For a voice like thunder, and a tongue to drown the throat of war! Souls are torn to everlasting fire, and fiends of Hell rejoice upon the slain. Who hath caused this? Kings and Nobles of the Land have done it. Hear it not, Heaven, thy Ministers have done it."
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

completely inspiring show..
yet another reaffirmation why we love this band

cant wait for the fall tour
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show, it was my first Tool show and it blew me away. I love this band. Seeing Right in Two gave me goosebumps. Also, when Maynard missed the line in Vicarious, I'm pretty sure it was because something was wrong with the mike. It looked like he had to adjust the wire connected to it, and then keep going. Good for him for not losing his place in the song.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Show was frickin awesome. Band was very tight and it sounded great. I am one happy tool fan right now in much need of sleep. Did anyone get any photos??? Post some urls if you did...I know it's a bitch to take a picture in that place.
Thanks Tool for the great show!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

First Tool show and all I can say is Holy Moses smell the Roses. It was so goddamed loud and intense. It was almost perfect 'cept for the douchebag next to me who was high on god knows what and insisted on moshing despite the seated arena. Great to hear the pot and when I can hear again I'll tell my friends about it. Tool is neato
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

hmmm i posted and it just sort of dissapeared, wow this forum has bugs, anyway....
i was in left balcony and couldn't hear a fucking thing maynard was saying cept for"heard you got flooded...we tried to tell ya" even though just about all the songs i couldn't make out as well, but it didn't really matter, seemed like they were all in a good mood, maynard looked like a badass and was really into it, i noticed his f-up on vicarious but i think he messed up on the pot as well, he did the first line..then kinda hesitated and they just went into the song, other than that they all seemed to be in tune and energetic, as the crowd was insane as expected

the rain/hail before the show was awesome, then one big round of thunder and lightning pumped me up, sorry for my friend everybody in left balcony, he was trippin and was a complete fucking idiot, banging chairs and moving around like an idiot....i just wanted to take it all in and just ignored him

after the show he had wbcn stickers all over his body and was loosing it, but all in all a great fucking time

Last edited by canorus; 05-21-2006 at 10:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #31
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus
but i think he messed up on the pot as well, he did the first line..then kinda hesitated and they just went into the song
he did that on purpose. he knew we would all try to be singing along so he caught us. it was actually pretty cool. you could hear everybody singing "you musta been out your head" while maynard was silent. then everybody looking around like what the F then he kicked it in. that was actually an awesome way to do it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
he did that on purpose. he knew we would all try to be singing along so he caught us. it was actually pretty cool. you could hear everybody singing "you musta been out your head" while maynard was silent. then everybody looking around like what the F then he kicked it in. that was actually an awesome way to do it.
i don't think so dude, everyone was singing along on every song..what r u talking about? u don't skip verses in ur song to fool the audience.............
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
i don't think so dude, everyone was singing along on every song..what r u talking about? u don't skip verses in ur song to fool the audience.............
He's been doing that for all the live shows. At least the ones that I've had the priviledge of hearing.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

3 words: Best Show Ever. Nuff said.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Me and my (7 months pregnant) girl sat outside for 2.5 hours waiting for tickets. So here's a pregame show for you all. At around 4 something the bus showed up. Security had already been assholes to us (the 30 or so waiting outside in the hope of getting tickets), stupid shit like putting up caution tape to keep us corralled on the sidewalk. When the bus showed up they made everyone move from the ticket line the whole way almost out of the alleyway. I guess they thought we were gonna rush the band or something?

It was raining for most of the day. After they parked the bus in the alley in front of the Orpheum, about 10 minutes later, a long-dark-haired man with a guitar case came out of the bus and walked into the theater. Very few people seemed to notice but I definitely knew it was Adam. A few minutes later, I was walking down the street towards the theater to throw something away in the trash can and he walked out again. I almost ran into him. We made eye contact and he waved at me and the rest of the crowd, there were a few claps and cheers as he walked towards the bus. A few minutes later he came back out and walked into the theater again.

At around 5:45 the line went the whole way from the theater, down the block and around the corner so I guess the staff decided it was time to be uber assholes again. They counted out the first 20 people in line that didn't have tickets, and told the rest of us to get the fuck out (it sucks because we were 21 and 22 in line). They also said that they weren't gauranteeing those 20 people tickets, so I hope you all got them anyway but it didn't sound promising. While the dickhead security was kicking people out of the alley I noticed Danny walking out of the theater towards the bus. Me and my girl were walking away and I looked over and Danny and I stared at each other for about 5 seconds, I am not going to question why he looked at me out of a group of 200 or so people, but he did. I turned and walked off, excited and dissapointed, it was an odd feeling.

It started to downpour about 10 minutes later as we were pulling out of the parking garage.

All in all I guess it was worth the 2+ hours of waiting for the contact I had with the band members, would have been nice to get tickets as my girl had never seen Tool in concert before.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-22-2006, 05:50 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
He just skipped a line, not a verse. And it may not have been to 'fool' us, per se, but I think it's a lot more likely that he intentionally left out the second line than that he forgot to do it. I mean, it's a vocal solo. You don't just forget it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-22-2006, 06:25 AM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

I thought the show was awesome. This was my 4th Tool show, and they never cease to amaze. The vocals weren't great up in the balcony, but I had a great view of Danny Carey. The man simply isn't human (and a really nice guy--I met him after a show back in 2001). It was really hot in the balcony, but I was rocking out too hard to care. I just love that we have access to something so powerful--it's a much-needed kick in the ass. Spiral out, and see everyone in the fall!

Highlight was definitely "Lateralus." That song really gets me, and I don't know why.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

anyone who can complain about this show should just hang it up....i mean idont think you will ever be happy!!!!!...this drumstick my girl got is so cool...it is autographed and has a weird eye on it ...best of all she gave it to me...thank you tool for a most memorable night....btw im siked that i posted the setlist first ;)
Old 05-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Saw Maynard outside

Hey all....great show...not the best I've seen, but still pretty damn good. My buddy and I were standing by the Littlest Bar puffing on a jibba, just hanging out. This was at 7:55, show was to start at 8. Lo and behold, I hear people walking behind us, I turn around, and "Holy Fucking Shit, Maynard!". He was with a guy and a girl with dyed red hair. He had on his US POSTAL hat, and just walked on by. I tried to get his attention, "Hey, Maynard".....but alas, he pulled a "Maynard" and kept on walking. They went down the back alley leading to the rear of the Orpheum (which we had tried to sneak down minutes earlier to no avail) and were gone. Well, it's 5 minutes to showtime, and he's walking in off the street.....show wil definitely be starting late. So, putted around for a bit more, went inside and had a beer, went to my seat, and spiraled out.

FAKE TIX: met some dudes that had bought fake tix off a scalper....$200 each. I took a look at them, and they looked pretty legit to me. I felt bad for them. Fucking scalpers. Word on the street was that any tix with row "M" or "MM" were fakes.

Goddamn. Shit the bed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-22-2006, 06:56 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Best show & crowd I've ever experienced in the Boston area! Thank you Tool and everyone else!!!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: