Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Het_Bijeenroepen
04-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Right, so by now everyone has had a good laugh at the April Fool's day joke here on Toolshed. However, look at the final line of Kabir's post today; "The real significance of yesterday's headline, however, remains to be discovered."

I think that Kabir is hinting that there will be four (4) shows in the US before Tool head over to Europe. Blair has already hinted at this, and that would give an (alternative) "real significance" to the headline. So although it was a joke, it was also a cryptic message that a US minitour is going to happen. Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere.

Last edited by Het_Bijeenroepen; 04-01-2006 at 12:58 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
"The real significance of yesterday's headline remains to be discovered"

Right, so by now everyone has had a good laugh at the April Fool's day joke here on Toolshed. However, look at the final line of Kabir's post today; "The real significance of yesterday's headline, however, remains to be discovered."

I think that Kabir is hinting that there will be four (4) shows in the US before Tool head over to Europe. Blair has already hinted at this, and that would give an (alternative) "real significance" to the headline. So although it was a joke, it was also a cryptic message that a US minitour is going to happen. Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere.

Last edited by Het_Bijeenroepen; 04-01-2006 at 12:58 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
04-01-2006, 12:57 PM

Kabir thinks hes Blair.

And this whole thing is just kind of lame... I expected more from Kabir than this.

Of course, the day isn't over yet. Maybe something will still happen.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929
Re: "The real significance of yesterday's headline remains to be discovered"

Kabir thinks hes Blair.

And this whole thing is just kind of lame... I expected more from Kabir than this.

Of course, the day isn't over yet. Maybe something will still happen.
Hodge
04-01-2006, 01:00 PM

new york, philly, atlanta, chicago again?

hopefully they mix it up
Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

hopefully they mix it up
birdyxxx
04-01-2006, 01:01 PM

4/4/06
Old 04-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

4/4/06
04-01-2006, 01:02 PM

Hopefully they'll keep it exactly the same.

Or just play 4 shows in Chicago, because I'm cool enough to deserve that.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
On Probation

Hopefully they'll keep it exactly the same.

Or just play 4 shows in Chicago, because I'm cool enough to deserve that.
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
04-01-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdyxxx
4/4/06
I hope something happens.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
4/4/06
I hope something happens.
ScarletLetterMan's Avatar ScarletLetterMan
04-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
4/4/06
The CD comes out on 4/4/06, which is Tuesday. That would be real significant. I actually read something online today that mentioned the album coming out on 4/4, now I see all this. We shall see............I will link to the article as soon as I find it.

Here it is: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=tool&pl=true

Could be something to this, maybe not. I am so far beyond believing anything at this point.........I need a drink.

Last edited by ScarletLetterMan; 04-01-2006 at 01:34 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
4/4/06
The CD comes out on 4/4/06, which is Tuesday. That would be real significant. I actually read something online today that mentioned the album coming out on 4/4, now I see all this. We shall see............I will link to the article as soon as I find it.

Here it is: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=tool&pl=true

Could be something to this, maybe not. I am so far beyond believing anything at this point.........I need a drink.

Last edited by ScarletLetterMan; 04-01-2006 at 01:34 PM..
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletLetterMan
That just can't happen, dude. Thousands of people work in CD retail... if the CD was coming out in 3 days, it would have already leaked and we'd all know about it.

Plus it doesn't make any sense.

The new Chili Peppers single is going to air on Tuesday though. So thats just as good.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #8
On Probation

Quote:
That just can't happen, dude. Thousands of people work in CD retail... if the CD was coming out in 3 days, it would have already leaked and we'd all know about it.

The new Chili Peppers single is going to air on Tuesday though. So thats just as good.
thejesus's Avatar thejesus
04-01-2006, 01:37 PM

New single on 4/4
Old 04-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

New single on 4/4
ScarletLetterMan's Avatar ScarletLetterMan
04-01-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

THEORETICALLY....The shipments to all retailers could be precisely scheduled to arrive Monday morning, leaving only one day at most for any leaks to happen. I used to work for a major retail chain, and there were a few times when we received movies, etc. the day before, and the boxes were put away by management, opened before the store closed, and a precise inventory was taken. Not saying that will happen here, not really even believing that it can at this point, just theorizing, same as everyone else.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:

THEORETICALLY....The shipments to all retailers could be precisely scheduled to arrive Monday morning, leaving only one day at most for any leaks to happen. I used to work for a major retail chain, and there were a few times when we received movies, etc. the day before, and the boxes were put away by management, opened before the store closed, and a precise inventory was taken. Not saying that will happen here, not really even believing that it can at this point, just theorizing, same as everyone else.
04-01-2006, 01:39 PM

Systolic did say that his friend though it might come out on the 4th...

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. The new Chili Peppers single is coming out Tuesday, and it hasn't even leaked yet, even though anybody who cares knows about it.

Plus, the Chili Peppers album releases a week after Tool's album... which means Tool is seriously shortsiding themselves with air/exposure time before release.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
On Probation

Systolic did say that his friend though it might come out on the 4th...

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. The new Chili Peppers single is coming out Tuesday, and it hasn't even leaked yet, even though anybody who cares knows about it.

Plus, the Chili Peppers album releases a week after Tool's album... which means Tool is seriously shortsiding themselves with air/exposure time before release.
StoneyB's Avatar StoneyB
04-01-2006, 01:40 PM

Yea, he's right. I work inventory at best buy. If the album were coming out tuesday we would have received it in our geo shuttle already for pricing and preping. We usually get new releases the wednesday before they come out, so almost a full week. I'll be getting my Tool early.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Yea, he's right. I work inventory at best buy. If the album were coming out tuesday we would have received it in our geo shuttle already for pricing and preping. We usually get new releases the wednesday before they come out, so almost a full week. I'll be getting my Tool early.
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Any place that specializes in a certain thing (CDs, Movies, whatever) gets stuff in pretty early. At the very least a week in advance. They need time to recieve the stuff into inventory, prime it for the shelves, and shelve it. Giving them a day to do that would be really REALLY annoying.

Plus, almost all retail shops get their inventory through DC, so DC can put their label and barcodes on it, and package it the way they like to. If the CD is coming out Tuesday and the CD is in stores Monday sometime, DC has had and worked with the CDs for the last week or two.

And we haven't seen a leak. And thats pretty rare.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
On Probation

Quote:
Any place that specializes in a certain thing (CDs, Movies, whatever) gets stuff in pretty early. At the very least a week in advance. They need time to recieve the stuff into inventory, prime it for the shelves, and shelve it. Giving them a day to do that would be really REALLY annoying.

Plus, almost all retail shops get their inventory through DC, so DC can put their label and barcodes on it, and package it the way they like to. If the CD is coming out Tuesday and the CD is in stores Monday sometime, DC has had and worked with the CDs for the last week or two.

And we haven't seen a leak. And thats pretty rare.
Hodge
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM

chilis single and video has leaked now
Old 04-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #14
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM

It looks like tool is following the same model as the Lateralus release. I.E. Release at the beginning of May, play four shows in the U.S. and then head to Europe for the summer
Old 04-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

It looks like tool is following the same model as the Lateralus release. I.E. Release at the beginning of May, play four shows in the U.S. and then head to Europe for the summer
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge
I'm tempted...

I want to wait, but... bleh....
Old 04-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
On Probation

Quote:
I'm tempted...

I want to wait, but... bleh....
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
04-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Personally I think it's much more likely that the single, not the album, would be out on 4-4-06.

Although I don't think either is particularly likely. The single will almost surely out on the 17th like we've been told.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Personally I think it's much more likely that the single, not the album, would be out on 4-4-06.

Although I don't think either is particularly likely. The single will almost surely out on the 17th like we've been told.
04-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Labels won't release an album from a band as big as Tool without releasing the single first. Its marketing suicide...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #18
On Probation

Labels won't release an album from a band as big as Tool without releasing the single first. Its marketing suicide...
04-01-2006, 01:47 PM

4 open and loud listening parties = 4 outdoor concerts
Concerts are loud and the listening parties they have been giving are relatively quite with headphones only.
Open means outdoors perhaps

Last edited by meatchunk; 04-01-2006 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #19
Banned.

Concerts are loud and the listening parties they have been giving are relatively quite with headphones only.

Last edited by meatchunk; 04-01-2006 at 01:50 PM..
Goldfoot
04-01-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
How? If people weren't gonna buy the album until they heard the single, it's even better since the single would be out AFTER the album is released in this case. That way the people could go right out and buy it and not have to wait. Oh damn, that would suck huh? Not having to wait, that IS marketing suicide.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
How? If people weren't gonna buy the album until they heard the single, it's even better since the single would be out AFTER the album is released in this case. That way the people could go right out and buy it and not have to wait. Oh damn, that would suck huh? Not having to wait, that IS marketing suicide.
04-01-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
That just can't happen, dude.
Quote:
And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #21
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Quote:

?
NoD
04-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Kabir thinks hes Blair.
QFMF'nT
Old 04-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #22
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Quote:
Kabir thinks hes Blair.
QFMF'nT
embracingyou's Avatar embracingyou
04-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Well, I'm sure glad I stayed in bed and had a wank instead of going to the Mean Fiddler.

x
Old 04-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Well, I'm sure glad I stayed in bed and had a wank instead of going to the Mean Fiddler.

x
04-01-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Don't be stupid, dude. The point of releasing a single prior to an album's release is to attract attention to the band from fans who aren't as up Tool's butt as we all are. If you don't release a single until you release the CD, a good majority of the world doesn't have a clue that you've just released something, and therefore won't buy it.

Thats why its marketing suicide. Its not really arguable... its the way its done. Talk to anybody in sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffel
Quote:
Quote:
?
The first quote I was responding to the idea that the entire album was going to be released on the 4th. The second quote is me responding to someone who said that they thought the single was going to be released on the 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
QFMF'nT
Huh?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #24
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Don't be stupid, dude. The point of releasing a single prior to an album's release is to attract attention to the band from fans who aren't as up Tool's butt as we all are. If you don't release a single until you release the CD, a good majority of the world doesn't have a clue that you've just released something, and therefore won't buy it.

Thats why its marketing suicide. Its not really arguable... its the way its done. Talk to anybody in sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffel
Quote:
Quote:
?
The first quote I was responding to the idea that the entire album was going to be released on the 4th. The second quote is me responding to someone who said that they thought the single was going to be released on the 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
QFMF'nT
Huh?
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
04-01-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:

hopefully they mix it up
fuck that. i'm in Philly.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 04-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #25
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:

hopefully they mix it up
fuck that. i'm in Philly.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Het_Bijeenroepen
04-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatchunk
This is the only person who's posted in this thread who understood my point, I think.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
This is the only person who's posted in this thread who understood my point, I think.
troutmask's Avatar troutmask
04-01-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:

hopefully they mix it up
It was Detroit and not Philly last time if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and first post so I might as well add something. "Four (4)" means that Danny has abandoned his quirky time signatures and the entire album will be in 4/4 time, clearly.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

hopefully they mix it up
It was Detroit and not Philly last time if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and first post so I might as well add something. "Four (4)" means that Danny has abandoned his quirky time signatures and the entire album will be in 4/4 time, clearly.
waffel
04-01-2006, 02:40 PM

Its not like the CDs go bad. If you release the CD before the single all its going to do is sell albums slower but once people start hearing the single they'll sell more.

They're just going to sit on the shelf a bit longer then normal.

Releasing tuesday, with a single a few days later will sell more then waiting and releasing a single in a few weeks and the CD a month later.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #28
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Its not like the CDs go bad. If you release the CD before the single all its going to do is sell albums slower but once people start hearing the single they'll sell more.

They're just going to sit on the shelf a bit longer then normal.

Releasing tuesday, with a single a few days later will sell more then waiting and releasing a single in a few weeks and the CD a month later.
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
04-01-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:

I like it. Simple is usually best. Makes sense. I hope one is close.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #29
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

I like it. Simple is usually best. Makes sense. I hope one is close.
04-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Huh?
geekspeak for 'quoted for motherfuckin truth'
Old 04-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #30
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Quote:
Huh?
geekspeak for 'quoted for motherfuckin truth'
agnomos
04-01-2006, 03:09 PM

new chilli peppers single sucks
Old 04-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

04-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnomos
Yeah everyone was talking the other day how the "Chili Peppers might sell more albums than TOOL because their previous record sells. First they noted the sells of 'Californication' and then 'By the way.' I feel 'Californication' sold more because it was the return of John Fusciante. This new album will do worse than 'By the way.' Don't get me wrong I like the Chili Peppers, but it think they are losing some of their appeal.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #32
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnomos
Yeah everyone was talking the other day how the "Chili Peppers might sell more albums than TOOL because their previous record sells. First they noted the sells of 'Californication' and then 'By the way.' I feel 'Californication' sold more because it was the return of John Fusciante. This new album will do worse than 'By the way.' Don't get me wrong I like the Chili Peppers, but it think they are losing some of their appeal.
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
04-01-2006, 03:37 PM

yeah they really should start performing naked again
Old 04-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

yeah they really should start performing naked again
04-01-2006, 03:42 PM

I have a psychological exam on the 4th, I hope that isn't when the album is released, I think it might skew my results.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #34
XQ_
Level 1 - Lurker

I have a psychological exam on the 4th, I hope that isn't when the album is released, I think it might skew my results.
ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ
04-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Old 04-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

04-01-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
So there you go... The open loud listening party
Old 04-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #36
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
So there you go... The open loud listening party
RedVilliam
04-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Someone further up the thread pretty much said this, but a concert is pretty much a listening party.. Like Kabir said.. listening party no autographs, video, etc. That's pretty much a concert. I'm thinking its like the Lateralus thing. A 4 stop minitour before they go abroad.
every rule?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Someone further up the thread pretty much said this, but a concert is pretty much a listening party.. Like Kabir said.. listening party no autographs, video, etc. That's pretty much a concert. I'm thinking its like the Lateralus thing. A 4 stop minitour before they go abroad.
every rule?
tempathy's Avatar tempathy
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM

maybe there will be shows. the dj for kufo in portland hinted at possibly being able to see tool up here (probably seattle, which, strangely, i've heard before somewhere) right around the time the cd is released.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #38

Bincount™: 17

maybe there will be shows. the dj for kufo in portland hinted at possibly being able to see tool up here (probably seattle, which, strangely, i've heard before somewhere) right around the time the cd is released.
04-01-2006, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempathy

Was that savage, or bozik (sp?) ? I don't really listen to KUFO anymore (thanks to SIRIUS).
Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempathy

Was that savage, or bozik (sp?) ? I don't really listen to KUFO anymore (thanks to SIRIUS).
teleincision's Avatar teleincision
04-01-2006, 10:02 PM

4 shows.....

Phonix
L.A
Albuquerque
Dallas

we never get to see them in the southwest....
Old 04-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #40

Bincount™: 8

4 shows.....

Phonix
L.A
Albuquerque
Dallas

we never get to see them in the southwest....

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply