Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Ænema

Reviews only, please.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-16-2012 at 12:37 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THIS SHOW*****

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Ænema

Reviews only, please.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-16-2012 at 12:37 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
tbculotta
01-14-2012, 11:27 PM

This is the setlist that has been posted on setlistfm.com
Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Aenema
Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.14.2012 - Reno, NV @ Reno Events Centre

This is the setlist that has been posted on setlistfm.com
Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
Aenema
tbculotta
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM

If this is accurate, that is one hell of a setlist!!! and pray its the same in Dallas!!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

If this is accurate, that is one hell of a setlist!!! and pray its the same in Dallas!!
entheo
01-15-2012, 12:30 AM

My 17th Tool show... They totally redeemed the last time they played Reno. Absolutely unreal to see Hooker With A Penis and Ticks & Leeches. Pushit and The Pot were nice to hear again! -Ryan ([email protected])
Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

My 17th Tool show... They totally redeemed the last time they played Reno. Absolutely unreal to see Hooker With A Penis and Ticks & Leeches. Pushit and The Pot were nice to hear again! -Ryan ([email protected])
niahthebuilder
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM

Great show. Agreed, far better then last visit to Reno. Pushit was amazing. Danny jammed on Ticks&Leeches. Outstanding visuals and sounds.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. Agreed, far better then last visit to Reno. Pushit was amazing. Danny jammed on Ticks&Leeches. Outstanding visuals and sounds.
Lobster
01-15-2012, 12:42 AM

This was my second Tool show and I gotta say it was a lot better than the Sacramento one I went to on 7/13/10. The set list was amazing and everyone looked and acted like they had and were having an awesome time!

When Maynard flipped us off at the end before he left the stage was amazing, it was really awesome to see him acting like he was having fun. He also screamed which was crazy, because I thought he didn't like to do that anymore.

Hooker with a Penis was fucking crazy for an opening song, talk about a surprise. Hearing Pushit and Ticks and Leeches was also so amazing! The lights, the visuals, the music, the crowd everything about tonight was just great. I love Tool and I am sooooooo outta my head right now :)
Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

This was my second Tool show and I gotta say it was a lot better than the Sacramento one I went to on 7/13/10. The set list was amazing and everyone looked and acted like they had and were having an awesome time!

When Maynard flipped us off at the end before he left the stage was amazing, it was really awesome to see him acting like he was having fun. He also screamed which was crazy, because I thought he didn't like to do that anymore.

Hooker with a Penis was fucking crazy for an opening song, talk about a surprise. Hearing Pushit and Ticks and Leeches was also so amazing! The lights, the visuals, the music, the crowd everything about tonight was just great. I love Tool and I am sooooooo outta my head right now :)
Lobster
01-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
How were Maynard's vocals?
Fucking amazing, like he screamed for god's sake! They were really awesome!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Fucking amazing, like he screamed for god's sake! They were really awesome!
Lobster
01-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
and if anyone has any videos that would be tubular
Trying to figure out how to upload them haah
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
and if anyone has any videos that would be tubular
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
01-15-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
goddamnit lobster i was just about to call it a night and go to sleep
whats ur status lookin like on those videos?
bahh good luck and hopefully u post a link im out

Last edited by Lackymacky; 01-15-2012 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:

Last edited by Lackymacky; 01-15-2012 at 01:10 AM..
niahthebuilder
01-15-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
You could tell it was a beginning tour (seen TOOL 7 times now).... He didn't sing some lyrics. Even during Lateralus, he coughed and said, "Sorry, got a frog.". Then slammed water and got right back to it. He did hit some high parts of The Pot. Overall, great show. Justin was amazing and totally into the gig....
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
You could tell it was a beginning tour (seen TOOL 7 times now).... He didn't sing some lyrics. Even during Lateralus, he coughed and said, "Sorry, got a frog.". Then slammed water and got right back to it. He did hit some high parts of The Pot. Overall, great show. Justin was amazing and totally into the gig....
Lobster
01-15-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I'll figure it out tomorrow, I'm to stoned right now so I'm gonna go to sleep! haha I think, tomorrow I'll have videos up!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I'll figure it out tomorrow, I'm to stoned right now so I'm gonna go to sleep! haha I think, tomorrow I'll have videos up!
StoneyB's Avatar StoneyB
01-15-2012, 01:28 AM

Good to hear. Glad you guys could enjoy the show. I've always wanted to hear ticks live, so I hope they add an LA date.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Good to hear. Glad you guys could enjoy the show. I've always wanted to hear ticks live, so I hope they add an LA date.
kanaduh
01-15-2012, 03:09 AM

Please remember that this thread is strictly for those individuals who attended the show. If you did not attend this show, please post in other Live Discussion threads such as 01.14.12 - Reno, NV and/or 2012 Tour Setlist Discussion where you may comment freely. If something said in this thread peaks your interest, feel free to private message the member who posted it.

Any future posts that are not show reviews will be deleted.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-15-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Please remember that this thread is strictly for those individuals who attended the show. If you did not attend this show, please post in other Live Discussion threads such as 01.14.12 - Reno, NV and/or 2012 Tour Setlist Discussion where you may comment freely. If something said in this thread peaks your interest, feel free to private message the member who posted it.

Any future posts that are not show reviews will be deleted.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-15-2012 at 03:29 AM..
base341
01-15-2012, 08:05 AM

Great fucking show!!
Setlist was awesome. I never thought I'd see Hooker with a penis and Ticks and leeches played. I've seen the band about 13 times and this was one of the best.
The little hiccup in Lateralus was cool. Maynard said something like "You'll have to sing this part for me"
Everyone in the band was having a good time and Justin was into it as always.
I wish I could see more shows on this mini tour.
If you have a chance to get tix to one of the shows, don't miss it.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Great fucking show!!
Setlist was awesome. I never thought I'd see Hooker with a penis and Ticks and leeches played. I've seen the band about 13 times and this was one of the best.
The little hiccup in Lateralus was cool. Maynard said something like "You'll have to sing this part for me"
Everyone in the band was having a good time and Justin was into it as always.
I wish I could see more shows on this mini tour.
If you have a chance to get tix to one of the shows, don't miss it.
AlsoKnownAsGG
01-15-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yielded View Post
Can anyone tell me what time the band hit the stage?
Few minutes past 9
Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yielded View Post
Can anyone tell me what time the band hit the stage?
Few minutes past 9
AlsoKnownAsGG
01-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
He sounded great I thought. He actually screamed during Ticks and Leeches and it wasn't a pathetic little scream like he has done during The Outsider for APC, he went full out and sounded awesome. The only part I thought he sounded kinda crappy was during the verses of Ticks and Leeches. I think that had to do with the megaphone or whatever vocal effects he was using more than his actual voice though. And like stated above, during Lateralus he stops during the 2nd verse and says "Sorry, got a frog. Maybe you all will sing it for me." Those incidents aside, he was spot on, the vocals for Pushit especially were phenomenal.

.....Also, during Hooker With a Penis, he changed the lyrics to "I sold my soul to fuck your mother," which the crowd loved.

...And after the first few songs he says "Welcome to hell" and "Some of these songs have been around longer than you have had pubic hair."

I have seen people asking which version of Pushit they played. It was the Aenima version with a little of the Salival version mixed in during the quiet interlude. And they played the fast and slow interludes during schism.*

The visuals they played during The Pot didn't look like a music video but I could be wrong. Most of it was a red screen with a red person/skeleton/alien thing moving around. The visuals during Intension were really nice, different from when I saw it in LA in 2010. The visuals were a mix of purple and blue foggy clouds floating infront of the stage with a few green lasers going out to the sides. But,the most awesome *visuals were during the break before the encore. The screen had an intricate design of blue, green, yellow and purple skinny lines circled by the Lateralus eyes. The screen stayed like that and then started rotating counter clockwise. Then a bright purple muscular/skeleton body came on with it's backside facing the audience and then it started moving in circles, rolling upside down then right side up with the background. I would have liked the break to last longer just so I could stare at it some more. Hope they play it at the other shows so you all can see it. Another cool visual was during.....I forget which song, but it was reminiscent of the naked person in the Aenima booklet rocking back and forth. It had like 6 of those naked people connected to each other in a circle and they rocked back and forth in unison.....so it kind of looked like they were sticking their heads up each other's ass.

When the encore was about to start, with those awesome spinning visuals still playing, Danny comes on stage, goes to his drum set and starts making this super low pitched sound. It repeats slowly, over and over, getting higher and higher pitched each time until eventually it's so high pitched that it kills your ears. At that moment, the rest of the band come on and Maynard starts The Pot.*

Not really necessary to comment on Adam, Justin and Danny because they sounded awesome as they always do. I was also right behind the sound board so that might have made a difference. Danny especially killed on Tick and Leeches and Justin's bass was soooo clean and had the perfect tone.
In have never seen Justin so hyped up for a show before. I've only seem them 8 times sine 10,000 Days but man....that dude was going completely insane. I thought he was either going to fall backwards or land flat on his face he was rocking back&forth so hard. Oh, he also shaved his head if anyone cares. Going back to the Aenima days.

Adam seemed super happy at the end of the show. Like normal, Maynard walked off stage while the rest of the band waved to the crowd. Justin walked off next. Then it was just Adam and Danny and they hugged. Then Danny walked off. Adam stayed a bit longer waving and staring at the audience. He seemed so psyched to be there. Right before walking off stage, he made a move/gesture that sports players make when they score a touchdown or make a basket, bending both arms and fastly pulling them down towards his chest like "Fuck yeah! "

Awesome awesome show!! Although I would have liked Hush,Cold & Ugly, D/R/T and an Undertow track, I can't possibly complain. Shit....I just realized they didn't play Parabol > Parabola. I'd also KILL TO SEE H. The show could have done without Schism, The Pot and Lateralus, IMO. But again, no complaints. Just getting Ticks and Leeches, Pushit (JESUS FUCK, PUSHIT WAS INSANE) and Intension again, combined with the band's stellar performance and enthusiasm was beyond worth it. If you are on the fence about going to see them this tour, GO!

Note about merchandise: Not many interesting shirts but there are some pretty cool keychains. There is also an awesome small tour poster. It's small and has a tan-ish background with what looked like a mutated woman dressed in red...or with red hair. Anyway, the colors were tan and red. It's an awesome poster and sold out fast.*

The crowd was drunk and happy. But getting into the venue was a bitch. There was only one door for entry. Hundreds to thousands of people were lining sidewalks and blocking streets waiting in the line that stretched around the city. But still, everyone was in great spirits, drunk & happy. Amazing. I want to go again.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
He sounded great I thought. He actually screamed during Ticks and Leeches and it wasn't a pathetic little scream like he has done during The Outsider for APC, he went full out and sounded awesome. The only part I thought he sounded kinda crappy was during the verses of Ticks and Leeches. I think that had to do with the megaphone or whatever vocal effects he was using more than his actual voice though. And like stated above, during Lateralus he stops during the 2nd verse and says "Sorry, got a frog. Maybe you all will sing it for me." Those incidents aside, he was spot on, the vocals for Pushit especially were phenomenal.

.....Also, during Hooker With a Penis, he changed the lyrics to "I sold my soul to fuck your mother," which the crowd loved.

...And after the first few songs he says "Welcome to hell" and "Some of these songs have been around longer than you have had pubic hair."

I have seen people asking which version of Pushit they played. It was the Aenima version with a little of the Salival version mixed in during the quiet interlude. And they played the fast and slow interludes during schism.*

The visuals they played during The Pot didn't look like a music video but I could be wrong. Most of it was a red screen with a red person/skeleton/alien thing moving around. The visuals during Intension were really nice, different from when I saw it in LA in 2010. The visuals were a mix of purple and blue foggy clouds floating infront of the stage with a few green lasers going out to the sides. But,the most awesome *visuals were during the break before the encore. The screen had an intricate design of blue, green, yellow and purple skinny lines circled by the Lateralus eyes. The screen stayed like that and then started rotating counter clockwise. Then a bright purple muscular/skeleton body came on with it's backside facing the audience and then it started moving in circles, rolling upside down then right side up with the background. I would have liked the break to last longer just so I could stare at it some more. Hope they play it at the other shows so you all can see it. Another cool visual was during.....I forget which song, but it was reminiscent of the naked person in the Aenima booklet rocking back and forth. It had like 6 of those naked people connected to each other in a circle and they rocked back and forth in unison.....so it kind of looked like they were sticking their heads up each other's ass.

When the encore was about to start, with those awesome spinning visuals still playing, Danny comes on stage, goes to his drum set and starts making this super low pitched sound. It repeats slowly, over and over, getting higher and higher pitched each time until eventually it's so high pitched that it kills your ears. At that moment, the rest of the band come on and Maynard starts The Pot.*

Not really necessary to comment on Adam, Justin and Danny because they sounded awesome as they always do. I was also right behind the sound board so that might have made a difference. Danny especially killed on Tick and Leeches and Justin's bass was soooo clean and had the perfect tone.
In have never seen Justin so hyped up for a show before. I've only seem them 8 times sine 10,000 Days but man....that dude was going completely insane. I thought he was either going to fall backwards or land flat on his face he was rocking back&forth so hard. Oh, he also shaved his head if anyone cares. Going back to the Aenima days.

Adam seemed super happy at the end of the show. Like normal, Maynard walked off stage while the rest of the band waved to the crowd. Justin walked off next. Then it was just Adam and Danny and they hugged. Then Danny walked off. Adam stayed a bit longer waving and staring at the audience. He seemed so psyched to be there. Right before walking off stage, he made a move/gesture that sports players make when they score a touchdown or make a basket, bending both arms and fastly pulling them down towards his chest like "Fuck yeah! "

Awesome awesome show!! Although I would have liked Hush,Cold & Ugly, D/R/T and an Undertow track, I can't possibly complain. Shit....I just realized they didn't play Parabol > Parabola. I'd also KILL TO SEE H. The show could have done without Schism, The Pot and Lateralus, IMO. But again, no complaints. Just getting Ticks and Leeches, Pushit (JESUS FUCK, PUSHIT WAS INSANE) and Intension again, combined with the band's stellar performance and enthusiasm was beyond worth it. If you are on the fence about going to see them this tour, GO!

Note about merchandise: Not many interesting shirts but there are some pretty cool keychains. There is also an awesome small tour poster. It's small and has a tan-ish background with what looked like a mutated woman dressed in red...or with red hair. Anyway, the colors were tan and red. It's an awesome poster and sold out fast.*

The crowd was drunk and happy. But getting into the venue was a bitch. There was only one door for entry. Hundreds to thousands of people were lining sidewalks and blocking streets waiting in the line that stretched around the city. But still, everyone was in great spirits, drunk & happy. Amazing. I want to go again.
Lobster
01-15-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolgrrrrl13 View Post
Are they allowing photography this time?
When I was standing in line waiting to get felt up by security, someone came out and said "No pictures tonight, please." Honestly that didn't matter because people were getting videos and pictures and I don't think they kicked anyone out, for that. So as long as you're somewhere where security can't get you, you'll be fine! :D
Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
When I was standing in line waiting to get felt up by security, someone came out and said "No pictures tonight, please." Honestly that didn't matter because people were getting videos and pictures and I don't think they kicked anyone out, for that. So as long as you're somewhere where security can't get you, you'll be fine! :D
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Um. hell no. the search pat down caused the line to back up badly.

show was good. the highlites were worth it but they did sound a bit rusyy in parts. MJK certainly gave it his best.

i think 90 mins is a bit of a rip off. especially charging 70 fv.

Pushit was sick. a new hybrid version. kind of bummed they went from Int to 46&2 rather than RI2.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Um. hell no. the search pat down caused the line to back up badly.

show was good. the highlites were worth it but they did sound a bit rusyy in parts. MJK certainly gave it his best.

i think 90 mins is a bit of a rip off. especially charging 70 fv.

Pushit was sick. a new hybrid version. kind of bummed they went from Int to 46&2 rather than RI2.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
AlsoKnownAsGG
01-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
No, you're not supposed to take pictures/video but it depends on the venue and security. Last night, security was really tight going in, but almost nonexistent once you actually got inside. For that reason, people were able to record and take pictures during the show. I didn't see anyone even get asked to put their phone away.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
No, you're not supposed to take pictures/video but it depends on the venue and security. Last night, security was really tight going in, but almost nonexistent once you actually got inside. For that reason, people were able to record and take pictures during the show. I didn't see anyone even get asked to put their phone away.
triadinity
01-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Awesome show, rough edges and all. My 14th show in 16 years. Definitely in my top five because of the energy from the band and hearing 'Ticks' for the first time. Security was all bark and no bite. I didn't see anyone stopped from taking photos or videos. I was able to record a few songs once I saw there was no enforcement. Check out Forty-six & 2 and the last 5 minutes of Pushit on my Youtube page. I'll be posting Intension soon. Username: professorfarnsworth
Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show, rough edges and all. My 14th show in 16 years. Definitely in my top five because of the energy from the band and hearing 'Ticks' for the first time. Security was all bark and no bite. I didn't see anyone stopped from taking photos or videos. I was able to record a few songs once I saw there was no enforcement. Check out Forty-six & 2 and the last 5 minutes of Pushit on my Youtube page. I'll be posting Intension soon. Username: professorfarnsworth
pixedit
01-15-2012, 12:23 PM

What a great show! So much for the rock star life, I just ran into Maynard at the Reno airport this morning getting ready for his Southwest flight to Vegas. I told him "they put on a killer show, loved the set list" Maynard: "thanks man"
Old 01-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

What a great show! So much for the rock star life, I just ran into Maynard at the Reno airport this morning getting ready for his Southwest flight to Vegas. I told him "they put on a killer show, loved the set list" Maynard: "thanks man"
Lobster
01-15-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
any luck with the video friend ? :)
I have found a way to upload them, because iPhones can do that, but you hear me and my friend singing the whole time. So I don't know if people want to hear that. :(
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
any luck with the video friend ? :)
I have found a way to upload them, because iPhones can do that, but you hear me and my friend singing the whole time. So I don't know if people want to hear that. :(
temporary sanity
01-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Great show.I bought the tickets friday night so they were in will call.There was a box office at the end of the building where the line was stretching around.I tried to get my tics but the idiot just pointed me to the huge security line. We get in line and finally get through and then they tell me to go to the right out of secure area to get my tickets.I get them and the security won't let me in without going back to the start of the line.I blew the fuck up.I think I actually scared the kid working security and screamed a bunch of f-bombs and made my way back to the end of the line.
After that debacle it got much better. Seats were dead center behind the sound board.
Maynard fucked the lyrics up a bit to Hooker,but it was nice to hear again since 98'.I can't afford too many posters.I feel the need to put them in a $300 frame so I bought the event shirt which had the poster artwork on the back.
http://i.imgur.com/BkdjB.jpg front http://i.imgur.com/RgosC.jpg

Audio sucks but check out the energY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkflXdtGx9M

Last edited by temporary sanity; 01-15-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Great show.I bought the tickets friday night so they were in will call.There was a box office at the end of the building where the line was stretching around.I tried to get my tics but the idiot just pointed me to the huge security line. We get in line and finally get through and then they tell me to go to the right out of secure area to get my tickets.I get them and the security won't let me in without going back to the start of the line.I blew the fuck up.I think I actually scared the kid working security and screamed a bunch of f-bombs and made my way back to the end of the line.
After that debacle it got much better. Seats were dead center behind the sound board.
Maynard fucked the lyrics up a bit to Hooker,but it was nice to hear again since 98'.I can't afford too many posters.I feel the need to put them in a $300 frame so I bought the event shirt which had the poster artwork on the back.
http://i.imgur.com/BkdjB.jpg front http://i.imgur.com/RgosC.jpg

Audio sucks but check out the energY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkflXdtGx9M

Last edited by temporary sanity; 01-15-2012 at 02:02 PM..
R_J81
01-15-2012, 03:30 PM

TOOL WAS FUCKING AWESOME LAST NIGHT!! PERFECT SOUND!! AWESOME VISUALS!! BADASS SETLIST!! CANT WAIT TO GO AGAIN!!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

TOOL WAS FUCKING AWESOME LAST NIGHT!! PERFECT SOUND!! AWESOME VISUALS!! BADASS SETLIST!! CANT WAIT TO GO AGAIN!!
Expurg8d
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM

I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-15-2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

I enjoyed the show, it was a good performance. I liked it a lot more than the last show in Reno. Maynard seemed his usual self, hiding in the background. His vocals were very good and crisp, anyone notice he changed the lyrics to "hooker with a penis" from "dope beastie t" to "slip knot t"? The irony of starting the show with "hooker" was hilarious as the fans sang along with "buy my new record, send more money, fuck you buddy!". The line to get inside the venue was ridiculous. I gave up walking away from the entrance and just walked a 1/2mile back to hang out in front.... I as inside in 5 minutes after security opened a new line (shrug), in my 4rth row seat in 10 min right before the show started at 9pm. Tool played for their usual 1:20, the music was worth it, the visuals made it much more fun. I didn't enjoy the seating with security all over keeping people from smoking up during "the pot" but there were a lot of Reno basement rats running up to the front and causing problems. I think Maynard should've interacted with the crowd more, at least insult us or turn your back on us; but if he isn't feeling it I think his performance stands on its own. Ticks and Leeches was a special treat, not enough to make a $50 t-shirt seem worth it but I will see them again the next time I can.

Last edited by Expurg8d; 01-15-2012 at 04:16 PM..
maadas
01-15-2012, 06:19 PM

After Ticks and Leeches Maynard said I have a fifteen year old whose trying to act pissed all the time. What the fucks up with that?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

After Ticks and Leeches Maynard said I have a fifteen year old whose trying to act pissed all the time. What the fucks up with that?
zen len
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM

drove up from sac and hit up a brewery in sparks to start things off right

stayed at el dorado and walked to venue (3 mins)

line was ridiculous as others stated so we missed most of opening act but saw enough to know that the drummer was great and no matter what happens, i just can't get into the "death metal screaming" on well

merch stand was lacking i thought (i want my phurba hoodie dammit!)

crowd was pumped and as alwyas an eclectic mix of generally friendly stereotypes

acoustics were shite from section 118 10th row - ear plugs helped unfortunately... still sounded way better than the brief bit of opening act (intronaut i think) so hopefully tucson is better (sitting by board i think) reno was small-ish having no upper deck. perhaps not the best place to say it but puscifer's sound and vocals are not to be missed...the venue choices on that tour were phenominal

anyway....the band and setlist were AMAZING (hooker, ticks, pushit)- are you f'ing kidding me! i NEVER thought i'd hear those live and i was not disappointed

visuals were fantastic as always - the pot visuals were sick but not sure if new cause either i don't remember (gettin old) or they didn't play it in sac or sfo in 2010.

funny moment: dude in the front row getting absolutely blasted by the smoke machine...hahaha looked like the memorex commercial for 15mins straight...hilarious

vocals were as others described but overall it was great to hear a bit more effort (puscifer trickle down effect perhaps) i'm glad he chose NOT to scream the parts he knows he can't do with any accuracy or consistency and the band covers it well enough for my taste.

the bit about being 50 and trying to act angry was amusing as were the VERY few other things he said.

the other 3 were super appreciate as i've seen in the past although the crowd last night stood out as one of the best in a long time - i think it showed as they stayed onstage for several minutes tossing swag to the crowd and what not.

should have made vegas BUT decided on tucson / jerome trip instead.

hope ya'll have an equally fantastic show

:cheers:
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

drove up from sac and hit up a brewery in sparks to start things off right

stayed at el dorado and walked to venue (3 mins)

line was ridiculous as others stated so we missed most of opening act but saw enough to know that the drummer was great and no matter what happens, i just can't get into the "death metal screaming" on well

merch stand was lacking i thought (i want my phurba hoodie dammit!)

crowd was pumped and as alwyas an eclectic mix of generally friendly stereotypes

acoustics were shite from section 118 10th row - ear plugs helped unfortunately... still sounded way better than the brief bit of opening act (intronaut i think) so hopefully tucson is better (sitting by board i think) reno was small-ish having no upper deck. perhaps not the best place to say it but puscifer's sound and vocals are not to be missed...the venue choices on that tour were phenominal

anyway....the band and setlist were AMAZING (hooker, ticks, pushit)- are you f'ing kidding me! i NEVER thought i'd hear those live and i was not disappointed

visuals were fantastic as always - the pot visuals were sick but not sure if new cause either i don't remember (gettin old) or they didn't play it in sac or sfo in 2010.

funny moment: dude in the front row getting absolutely blasted by the smoke machine...hahaha looked like the memorex commercial for 15mins straight...hilarious

vocals were as others described but overall it was great to hear a bit more effort (puscifer trickle down effect perhaps) i'm glad he chose NOT to scream the parts he knows he can't do with any accuracy or consistency and the band covers it well enough for my taste.

the bit about being 50 and trying to act angry was amusing as were the VERY few other things he said.

the other 3 were super appreciate as i've seen in the past although the crowd last night stood out as one of the best in a long time - i think it showed as they stayed onstage for several minutes tossing swag to the crowd and what not.

should have made vegas BUT decided on tucson / jerome trip instead.

hope ya'll have an equally fantastic show

:cheers:
Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Christ. Best show I've ever seen, hands down.

Intronaut was pretty cool, I suppose. I'm personally not a huge fan of their music, but they weren't bad or anything. I especially don't dig the vocals, but I'm sure many people will enjoy them a lot.

Such fantastic setlist surprises. I almost died when Pushit started, one of my favorite songs. The lyrics changes in Hooker were hilarious ('sold my soul to fuck your mother', 'dope Slipknot tee', 'OGT back from twenty-twelve'). There were plenty of other lyrics changes, but I can't remember them all. At least one Schleyer thrown in for good measure. Maynard was pretty talkative. Mentioned something about "50 year olds shouldn't be so angry" before going into Pushit.

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us? Well go fuck yourself." And a correction on the pubic hair comment, it was more along the lines of "We decided to play some songs that we haven't played since before some of you had pubic hair." Close enough though.

The band seemed to be having a good time. Justin was definitely rocking the fuck out. I was near the side of the stage, so I probably didn't have the best sound, but it wasn't especially bad or anything. Had a great view though. Got bitched at many times for standing up, even the venue attendant told me to sit down. I told her to fuck off and just moved to another seat, where I got bitched at some more to sit down. Got told twice to put my phone away because I was taking pictures, even though I never took a single picture. While people all over the place were recording HD video on their fucking iPhones.

All in all, really awesome time, other than the 'DOWN IN FRONT!!' pussies and the phone hasslers. I managed to catch one of Danny's drumsticks. Also, a few other fans and myself met Danny, Justin, and Adam out back by the buses. Got signatures, shook hands. Fun night.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Christ. Best show I've ever seen, hands down.

Intronaut was pretty cool, I suppose. I'm personally not a huge fan of their music, but they weren't bad or anything. I especially don't dig the vocals, but I'm sure many people will enjoy them a lot.

Such fantastic setlist surprises. I almost died when Pushit started, one of my favorite songs. The lyrics changes in Hooker were hilarious ('sold my soul to fuck your mother', 'dope Slipknot tee', 'OGT back from twenty-twelve'). There were plenty of other lyrics changes, but I can't remember them all. At least one Schleyer thrown in for good measure. Maynard was pretty talkative. Mentioned something about "50 year olds shouldn't be so angry" before going into Pushit.

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us? Well go fuck yourself." And a correction on the pubic hair comment, it was more along the lines of "We decided to play some songs that we haven't played since before some of you had pubic hair." Close enough though.

The band seemed to be having a good time. Justin was definitely rocking the fuck out. I was near the side of the stage, so I probably didn't have the best sound, but it wasn't especially bad or anything. Had a great view though. Got bitched at many times for standing up, even the venue attendant told me to sit down. I told her to fuck off and just moved to another seat, where I got bitched at some more to sit down. Got told twice to put my phone away because I was taking pictures, even though I never took a single picture. While people all over the place were recording HD video on their fucking iPhones.

All in all, really awesome time, other than the 'DOWN IN FRONT!!' pussies and the phone hasslers. I managed to catch one of Danny's drumsticks. Also, a few other fans and myself met Danny, Justin, and Adam out back by the buses. Got signatures, shook hands. Fun night.
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maadas View Post
Actually, I think he said " a bunch of 50 year olds trying to act pissed, whats up with that", referring to him and the band. His son is turning 17 this year so that wouldn't really make sense anyway.

Anyway, amazing show. Best Tool show I have seen yet. Awesome awesome awesome.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maadas View Post
Actually, I think he said " a bunch of 50 year olds trying to act pissed, whats up with that", referring to him and the band. His son is turning 17 this year so that wouldn't really make sense anyway.

01-15-2012, 08:04 PM

Was a great show overall--were a few "first show of the tour" hiccups, but getting to see Hooker With A Penis, Ticks and Leeches, and Pushit was great. Maynard seemed to forget the verse to Lateralus, he claimed "I've got a frog in my throat, help me out on this one" but then forgot the next verse as well :p It was interesting they they did not play the extended version of Stinkfist, they always have the other times I've seen them. Another person I met at the show (said was their 16th time seeing Tool) was surprised as well they didn't do the extended version, said they always had every time she'd seen them too.

The minor lyric changes Maynard made we great, but his vocals were rather low in the mix (maybe it was just where I was sitting)? The rest of the band sounded phenomenal however. Justin pretty much owned the stage show, as per the other times I've seen Tool. Intronaut was interesting, as someone else mentioned their vocals weren't very good but the musicianship was otherwise top notch. Methinks they could use a little work on their songwriting as well though, but definitely a band I'll keep my eye on. My 3rd time seeing Tool (still a nub? ;) ), but this was definitely my favorite show I've seen from them so far.

Last edited by Dash Rantic; 01-15-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Was a great show overall--were a few "first show of the tour" hiccups, but getting to see Hooker With A Penis, Ticks and Leeches, and Pushit was great. Maynard seemed to forget the verse to Lateralus, he claimed "I've got a frog in my throat, help me out on this one" but then forgot the next verse as well :p It was interesting they they did not play the extended version of Stinkfist, they always have the other times I've seen them. Another person I met at the show (said was their 16th time seeing Tool) was surprised as well they didn't do the extended version, said they always had every time she'd seen them too.

The minor lyric changes Maynard made we great, but his vocals were rather low in the mix (maybe it was just where I was sitting)? The rest of the band sounded phenomenal however. Justin pretty much owned the stage show, as per the other times I've seen Tool. Intronaut was interesting, as someone else mentioned their vocals weren't very good but the musicianship was otherwise top notch. Methinks they could use a little work on their songwriting as well though, but definitely a band I'll keep my eye on. My 3rd time seeing Tool (still a nub? ;) ), but this was definitely my favorite show I've seen from them so far.

Last edited by Dash Rantic; 01-15-2012 at 08:06 PM..
eulogy46a2
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM

If anyone found a black 160 Gb ipod and wants to return it to its owner please email [email protected]
Old 01-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

If anyone found a black 160 Gb ipod and wants to return it to its owner please email [email protected]
maadas
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foursixandtwo View Post

Sorry I must have heard him wrong and I didn't stop and put that much thought into it. The acoustics were pretty shitty so it was hard to understand stand him......Anyway Great show in my top three!!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foursixandtwo View Post

Sorry I must have heard him wrong and I didn't stop and put that much thought into it. The acoustics were pretty shitty so it was hard to understand stand him......Anyway Great show in my top three!!
Expurg8d
01-16-2012, 10:05 AM

I thought Maynard was referring to older people in the crowd moshing during "ticks and leeches" when he asked "a bunch of 50 year olds acting pissed off, what's up with that", especially during a song that where Maynard shows his anger towards the record industry and fans. Is this what you wanted? Cuz this is what you're getting. I hope, I hope, I hope you choke. There were a bunch of 50 year olds up front near where I was acting all pissed off, good call Maynard. I understand why Maynard hates his fans so much, bunch of retards most of the time, myself included. I'm happy to part with my money to be entertained.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

I thought Maynard was referring to older people in the crowd moshing during "ticks and leeches" when he asked "a bunch of 50 year olds acting pissed off, what's up with that", especially during a song that where Maynard shows his anger towards the record industry and fans. Is this what you wanted? Cuz this is what you're getting. I hope, I hope, I hope you choke. There were a bunch of 50 year olds up front near where I was acting all pissed off, good call Maynard. I understand why Maynard hates his fans so much, bunch of retards most of the time, myself included. I'm happy to part with my money to be entertained.
Penn99
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Awesome show as always. I did think it was a little rough, but that was understandable since this is the first show of the tour and Maynard has been busy with Puscifer. I did like how he changed the lyrics during Hooker w/a Penis. Did anyone notice that he messed up the lyrics on one of the other songs? (I forget which one.)
Acoustics were not the best, but certainly better than the Oakland Coliseum. Loved Justin's enthusiasm, and Adam sounded amazing, especially on Aenima. I love the love between Danny and Maynard. The fans were generally super-cool (lots of Bay Area peeps up there), except for the lame drunk guy standing next to us.
14th row! The closest I've ever been to Maynard.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Awesome show as always. I did think it was a little rough, but that was understandable since this is the first show of the tour and Maynard has been busy with Puscifer. I did like how he changed the lyrics during Hooker w/a Penis. Did anyone notice that he messed up the lyrics on one of the other songs? (I forget which one.)
Acoustics were not the best, but certainly better than the Oakland Coliseum. Loved Justin's enthusiasm, and Adam sounded amazing, especially on Aenima. I love the love between Danny and Maynard. The fans were generally super-cool (lots of Bay Area peeps up there), except for the lame drunk guy standing next to us.
14th row! The closest I've ever been to Maynard.
Expurg8d
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us?

I agree, but that's how Maynard is, take it or leave it. I'll take it and pay for it next time. Looking out at the crowd I can't blame him, the guys in the band are intelligent, they enjoy fucking with fans. And to be honest the typical fan isn't splitting the atom in their free time, so why not take their money and make fun of them?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

Maynard sounded a little too Hooker and Ticks. Like, "Hey, you know how you guys paid $90 a piece to see us?

I agree, but that's how Maynard is, take it or leave it. I'll take it and pay for it next time. Looking out at the crowd I can't blame him, the guys in the band are intelligent, they enjoy fucking with fans. And to be honest the typical fan isn't splitting the atom in their free time, so why not take their money and make fun of them?
Lobster
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM

Did anyone get sad during the intermission? I seriously thought they were just leaving without saying goodbye. Oh and that sound board thing Danny has that made those cool noises during the intermission that was sick too! :D
Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Did anyone get sad during the intermission? I seriously thought they were just leaving without saying goodbye. Oh and that sound board thing Danny has that made those cool noises during the intermission that was sick too! :D
Expurg8d
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
When I've seen them before and they always had an intermission where they left the stage, maynard changes, the band refuels and they come back onstage for 2 or 3 songs. It was a great show, I thought the vocals were too low as well. I was in the 5th row and wore ear plugs (I usually do and enjoy the concert more, you can feel the noise all over your body instead of just obliterating your ears)
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
When I've seen them before and they always had an intermission where they left the stage, maynard changes, the band refuels and they come back onstage for 2 or 3 songs. It was a great show, I thought the vocals were too low as well. I was in the 5th row and wore ear plugs (I usually do and enjoy the concert more, you can feel the noise all over your body instead of just obliterating your ears)
Lobster
01-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expurg8d View Post
:D I can't really remember a lot from the first Tool concert I went to so I can't remember the intermission, but the show in Reno's intermission was super sick! Vocals I thought could have been turned up a tiny bit more, like I could hear that crappy singer for the opening band, but it was a strech to hear Maynard. I was in section 116 in the 4th row. I tried getting floor seats, but ticket master said I couldn't buy 7 tickets on the floor.D:

Anyways this was seriously and an awesome concert!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
:D I can't really remember a lot from the first Tool concert I went to so I can't remember the intermission, but the show in Reno's intermission was super sick! Vocals I thought could have been turned up a tiny bit more, like I could hear that crappy singer for the opening band, but it was a strech to hear Maynard. I was in section 116 in the 4th row. I tried getting floor seats, but ticket master said I couldn't buy 7 tickets on the floor.D:

Anyways this was seriously and an awesome concert!!!!!!!!!
nrca
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM

show was FUCKING awesome. Like others have been saying, the songs they played were awesome! Was on the floor in row 21, and the sound was really good from there. Hooker with a Penis, Intension, Pushit and Ticks and Leaches were all a first for me, which was awesome to hear. In my opinion, I think Hooker is bright back. Since Maynard has a bunch of twitter accounts , I'm sure the Tool complaints/shit talkers bombard all his twitter accounts. Many say he isn't into it, only still doing it for the $, etc. So it's not that surprising he finds relevance to bring this song back. Thanks to all who have quoted Maynard's lyric changes to the song, I could tell he was singing different words, but were hard to make out due to all the excitement of myself and everyone around me. Maynard comments were funny, my favorite was when he said something along the lines of "This past year we've been not doing much, just hanging out in Palm Spring, sipping martinis by the pool." Jam before schism was really cool. At this point I think some of these riffs from the jams between songs might end up in new songs when they eventually release new music.
Just to make a few quick comparisons to the last Reno show (just some facts, no opinion about them): was cool that they played Intension and The Pot, both weren't played last time they came though. They didn't play Vicarious this show or last Reno show, so they've never played Vicarious in Reno. Also last time they played Reno they did not do the extended version of Stinkfist, which makes the only two times I've seen them where they haven't done it was the two Reno Shows I been too.
Well I tried to make this short, didn't do too well on that.
Anyway hope you all had as much fun as I did, glad to see Tool is still in top notch.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

show was FUCKING awesome. Like others have been saying, the songs they played were awesome! Was on the floor in row 21, and the sound was really good from there. Hooker with a Penis, Intension, Pushit and Ticks and Leaches were all a first for me, which was awesome to hear. In my opinion, I think Hooker is bright back. Since Maynard has a bunch of twitter accounts , I'm sure the Tool complaints/shit talkers bombard all his twitter accounts. Many say he isn't into it, only still doing it for the $, etc. So it's not that surprising he finds relevance to bring this song back. Thanks to all who have quoted Maynard's lyric changes to the song, I could tell he was singing different words, but were hard to make out due to all the excitement of myself and everyone around me. Maynard comments were funny, my favorite was when he said something along the lines of "This past year we've been not doing much, just hanging out in Palm Spring, sipping martinis by the pool." Jam before schism was really cool. At this point I think some of these riffs from the jams between songs might end up in new songs when they eventually release new music.
Just to make a few quick comparisons to the last Reno show (just some facts, no opinion about them): was cool that they played Intension and The Pot, both weren't played last time they came though. They didn't play Vicarious this show or last Reno show, so they've never played Vicarious in Reno. Also last time they played Reno they did not do the extended version of Stinkfist, which makes the only two times I've seen them where they haven't done it was the two Reno Shows I been too.
Well I tried to make this short, didn't do too well on that.
Anyway hope you all had as much fun as I did, glad to see Tool is still in top notch.
Mohandas_Rand's Avatar Mohandas_Rand
01-17-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:

No, there's nothing wrong with that. I would gladly pay again to have them mock me. I don't care, because I enjoy the fuck out of the music, even at my own expense.

Also, just a suggestion, should a mod/admin read this... I'm pretty sure there isn't a single 'Spring' show this tour, so I don't know why this forum is the 'Spring 2012' forum.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

No, there's nothing wrong with that. I would gladly pay again to have them mock me. I don't care, because I enjoy the fuck out of the music, even at my own expense.

Also, just a suggestion, should a mod/admin read this... I'm pretty sure there isn't a single 'Spring' show this tour, so I don't know why this forum is the 'Spring 2012' forum.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply