Pushit
Schism (Extended Intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Parabola
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-29-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
01.25.2012 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THE SHOW*****

Hooker with a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober
Pushit
Schism (Extended Intro)
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Parabola
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 01-29-2012 at 08:53 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
snakecharmer
01-25-2012, 09:12 PM

So that was fucking mindblowingly awesome. Can't until tomorrow.

Had never seen hooker or the original pushit before and I feel like I haven't seen intention but I could be wrong. Loved every moment of it. Great drum battle, great everything.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 01.25.2012 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center

So that was fucking mindblowingly awesome. Can't until tomorrow.

Had never seen hooker or the original pushit before and I feel like I haven't seen intention but I could be wrong. Loved every moment of it. Great drum battle, great everything.
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Fucking incredible.

Holy fuck.

bummed I'm not going to London now.

More thoughts tomorrow

Awesome pre-show gathering with you guys, Kanaduh I hope your tickets got sorted in the end dude!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Fucking incredible.

Holy fuck.

bummed I'm not going to London now.

More thoughts tomorrow

Awesome pre-show gathering with you guys, Kanaduh I hope your tickets got sorted in the end dude!
eaglez
01-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Smokin show as usual!! For the set list lets sneak in Ions between Jambi and Stinkfist. Not really a "song" but still played. The guys killed it tonight!! No signs of "rust" on them. Even though as Maynard said "we haven't played some of this stuff since you were sperm".
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Smokin show as usual!! For the set list lets sneak in Ions between Jambi and Stinkfist. Not really a "song" but still played. The guys killed it tonight!! No signs of "rust" on them. Even though as Maynard said "we haven't played some of this stuff since you were sperm".
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
01-26-2012, 05:01 AM

Was pretty happy we got Sober and Parabola over Ticks and The Pot. Gotta love Danny teasing the first 10 seconds of Ticks before they launched into Sober.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Was pretty happy we got Sober and Parabola over Ticks and The Pot. Gotta love Danny teasing the first 10 seconds of Ticks before they launched into Sober.
kanaduh
01-26-2012, 06:34 AM

TOOL show #27.

with a bit of luck of knowing the right people, i managed to score row 1 floor tickets. yes, row ONE floor. these are pretty much the best possible tickets you're ever going to get at a show. no words to describe how excited i was for this one.

...then i find out hours before the show the tickets were not legit.

it was 8:45PM and my only option for getting in was paying a scalper $240 for two upper bowl shitty tickets. that still stings. even worse is the fact i had 2 extra tickets i gave away to friends earlier in the day for below face value so they could go to their first tool show. basically, i got fucked over pretty hard. sucks.

okay, that's out of the way.

had a great time at the toolshed/fourtheye preshow meetup at Scotland Yard. Was really nice getting to meet some of you, and definitely want to keep in touch. I hope you put that charity weed to good use ;)

unforunately i missed intronaut, because of all my ticket issues before the show. i'll definitely be early tonight to check them out in london.

so... WOW at the setlist. pushit, hooker and parabola! brilliant.

i will say that i was not impressed getting ticks and leeches played for 10 seconds to suddenly switch into sober. not cool, tool! not cool.

lighting/visuals/video was epic, as always.

also pissed i didnt get a chance to see junior because of the ticket issues i had.

meh, i think i'm still in a pissy mood because of getting fucked over by the ticket. the show was fantastic, but i still have a major bitter taste in my mouth.

going to london tonight, hopefully for a better experience. and play ticks and leeches goddamnit!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

TOOL show #27.

with a bit of luck of knowing the right people, i managed to score row 1 floor tickets. yes, row ONE floor. these are pretty much the best possible tickets you're ever going to get at a show. no words to describe how excited i was for this one.

it was 8:45PM and my only option for getting in was paying a scalper $240 for two upper bowl shitty tickets. that still stings. even worse is the fact i had 2 extra tickets i gave away to friends earlier in the day for below face value so they could go to their first tool show. basically, i got fucked over pretty hard. sucks.

had a great time at the toolshed/fourtheye preshow meetup at Scotland Yard. Was really nice getting to meet some of you, and definitely want to keep in touch. I hope you put that charity weed to good use ;)

unforunately i missed intronaut, because of all my ticket issues before the show. i'll definitely be early tonight to check them out in london.

i will say that i was not impressed getting ticks and leeches played for 10 seconds to suddenly switch into sober. not cool, tool! not cool.

also pissed i didnt get a chance to see junior because of the ticket issues i had.

meh, i think i'm still in a pissy mood because of getting fucked over by the ticket. the show was fantastic, but i still have a major bitter taste in my mouth.

going to london tonight, hopefully for a better experience. and play ticks and leeches goddamnit!
01-26-2012, 06:48 AM

$240 for 2 300 level tickets?!?! fuuuuck dude. Sorry it got screwed, I saw solid 100 level tickets on stubhub a few hours before the show for like $100 each

anyways, glad you go in still. pre-show meetup was fun, nice to talk Tool obsessiveness with y'all before the show :)
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

$240 for 2 300 level tickets?!?! fuuuuck dude. Sorry it got screwed, I saw solid 100 level tickets on stubhub a few hours before the show for like $100 each

anyways, glad you go in still. pre-show meetup was fun, nice to talk Tool obsessiveness with y'all before the show :)
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-26-2012, 07:03 AM

damn that sucks, where did you buy the 'fake' ticket from??? Scalper outside?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

damn that sucks, where did you buy the 'fake' ticket from??? Scalper outside?
Noopie
01-26-2012, 07:10 AM

I thought the show was great...although unlike sianspheric...I was disappointed we didn't get the Pot, and VERY disappointed when they switched to Sober after 10 seconds of Ticks. Also, they dropped some video screens down during 46&2 that prevented me from being able to watch Danny during this drum orgasm of a song. They seemed pretty tight though...Justin sure is fun to watch.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I thought the show was great...although unlike sianspheric...I was disappointed we didn't get the Pot, and VERY disappointed when they switched to Sober after 10 seconds of Ticks. Also, they dropped some video screens down during 46&2 that prevented me from being able to watch Danny during this drum orgasm of a song. They seemed pretty tight though...Justin sure is fun to watch.
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM

yeah I know The Pot/Ticks and Leeches switch with Sober and Parabola is kind of hard to choose.

Even though I've heard Sober a bunch of times, I was happy because I was with a friend at his first Tool show and he LOVED that one, so I was happy for him. My appreciation for Parabola has grown over the years, it now is prob my 3rd favorite from Lateralus after The Grudge and Lateralus, so I was happy to hear it again for the first time since 2002.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Level 10 - Vehement

yeah I know The Pot/Ticks and Leeches switch with Sober and Parabola is kind of hard to choose.

Even though I've heard Sober a bunch of times, I was happy because I was with a friend at his first Tool show and he LOVED that one, so I was happy for him. My appreciation for Parabola has grown over the years, it now is prob my 3rd favorite from Lateralus after The Grudge and Lateralus, so I was happy to hear it again for the first time since 2002.
kanaduh
01-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

Yeah, agreed. Parabola was the highlight for me.

I still do not like the ticks and leeches intro switch into sober. i would think most people from this site would agree with me, too. of course, not knowing the setlist ahead of time makes the "ZOMG TICKS AND LEECHES" to... "what, wait...!? sober now..? wtf?"
Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

Yeah, agreed. Parabola was the highlight for me.

I still do not like the ticks and leeches intro switch into sober. i would think most people from this site would agree with me, too. of course, not knowing the setlist ahead of time makes the "ZOMG TICKS AND LEECHES" to... "what, wait...!? sober now..? wtf?"
01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
TOOL show #27.

Sucks about the tickets. I bought a pair of 5th row floor tickets for Orlando. Hope they're legit. Where did you get yours? Anyway to get your money back?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
TOOL show #27.

Sucks about the tickets. I bought a pair of 5th row floor tickets for Orlando. Hope they're legit. Where did you get yours? Anyway to get your money back?
troyeringordon
01-26-2012, 08:31 AM

Incredible. I bought a ticket yesterday when ticketmaster released new tickets and got front row, beside the stage, on Justin's side.

I could not stop rocking it out for the whole show, as always just mind blowing.

To be that close to Tool hammering it out really 'fueled my fire', thanks Adam.

Troy
Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Incredible. I bought a ticket yesterday when ticketmaster released new tickets and got front row, beside the stage, on Justin's side.

I could not stop rocking it out for the whole show, as always just mind blowing.

Troy
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
01-26-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noopie View Post
I had the EXACT same experience right down to the video screens in front of Danny. Were you in 118.

Teasing Ticks and switching to boring old Sober was a major letdown and it kind of tainted the rest of the show for me as I have seen every other song besides Ticks and Leeches before many times. It was what I was most looking forward to.

Pot > Parabola (w/o Parabol)
Ticks >>>> Sober

Still had a great time and even a slightly disappointing Tool show is better than any other band going. Wish I was going to London to see Ticks tonight :(
Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noopie View Post
I had the EXACT same experience right down to the video screens in front of Danny. Were you in 118.

Teasing Ticks and switching to boring old Sober was a major letdown and it kind of tainted the rest of the show for me as I have seen every other song besides Ticks and Leeches before many times. It was what I was most looking forward to.

Pot > Parabola (w/o Parabol)
Ticks >>>> Sober

Still had a great time and even a slightly disappointing Tool show is better than any other band going. Wish I was going to London to see Ticks tonight :(
randomtoolfan
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM

Tool's my favorite band and I thought they were great last night. Loved the setlist.

However, did anyone think the sound at the ACC kind of sucked? Like you couldn't really make out the different notes or instruments or Maynard's voice most of the time. I had pretty good seats too, section 107, row 12. I saw them a few years ago in Montreal at the Bell Centre and it sounded way better. Anyone agree, or is it just me?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool's my favorite band and I thought they were great last night. Loved the setlist.

However, did anyone think the sound at the ACC kind of sucked? Like you couldn't really make out the different notes or instruments or Maynard's voice most of the time. I had pretty good seats too, section 107, row 12. I saw them a few years ago in Montreal at the Bell Centre and it sounded way better. Anyone agree, or is it just me?
01-26-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtoolfan View Post

Thought that for the first song but after that things sounded good.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Thought that for the first song but after that things sounded good.
baraz1111
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:

I was in 106, row 25 and thought the sound was really good.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

I was in 106, row 25 and thought the sound was really good.
01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:

I agree, I was in 110 and wished the sound was better, mainly the vocals. I thought they actually sounded better at the Molson Amp which I didn't expect. Still, they were on point. First Tool show I didn't smoke up beforehand and actually glad I didn't. I can remember everything much more clearly now. Great show.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:

I agree, I was in 110 and wished the sound was better, mainly the vocals. I thought they actually sounded better at the Molson Amp which I didn't expect. Still, they were on point. First Tool show I didn't smoke up beforehand and actually glad I didn't. I can remember everything much more clearly now. Great show.
jayde
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM

My 8th show. 9th tonight. Wasn't my favorite but was still great. It was just cruel to tease ticks. Casual fans likely don't even know the song so it only really screws with us hardcore fans. Why though?
Pushit was incredible.
I'm hoping tonight they change back to their other setlist. Perhaps integrate a new song? (pray).
Also $50 concert shirts!!!!
I did get the specific tour poster and will tonight too.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My 8th show. 9th tonight. Wasn't my favorite but was still great. It was just cruel to tease ticks. Casual fans likely don't even know the song so it only really screws with us hardcore fans. Why though?
Pushit was incredible.
I'm hoping tonight they change back to their other setlist. Perhaps integrate a new song? (pray).
Noopie
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Just curious, how much are the location specific tour posters? I'm not really a merch type guy...but kinda wishing I would have taken a look.

Eighteenth Eye: I was in 119 row 22, but had an aisle seat right beside 118...so pretty similar angle to you I'm sure. There were a bunch of people sitting down in 118...blew my mind. I like to dance/rock in my 2x2 square though...so I wasn't about to sit down just so they could see.

I didn't realize it was usually a direct change up for Pot/Ticks -> Sober/Parabol. I love Parabol...but Ticks has always been one of my favourites due to the ridiculous opening by Danny, and I *kinda play bass and so therefore love Justin's work on The Pot. If this is my biggest complaint about the show though...I'd say I'm doin ok.

If I didn't have to play hockey tonite I'd totally be hitting up that London show. oh, and as for sound...I thought it was pretty clear most of the time...Hooker was a little muddy on bass though, but they seemed to clean that up. Certain frequencies from Justin I found would resonate a little more than higher register notes...but I just love to watch that guy jam.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just curious, how much are the location specific tour posters? I'm not really a merch type guy...but kinda wishing I would have taken a look.

Eighteenth Eye: I was in 119 row 22, but had an aisle seat right beside 118...so pretty similar angle to you I'm sure. There were a bunch of people sitting down in 118...blew my mind. I like to dance/rock in my 2x2 square though...so I wasn't about to sit down just so they could see.

I didn't realize it was usually a direct change up for Pot/Ticks -> Sober/Parabol. I love Parabol...but Ticks has always been one of my favourites due to the ridiculous opening by Danny, and I *kinda play bass and so therefore love Justin's work on The Pot. If this is my biggest complaint about the show though...I'd say I'm doin ok.

If I didn't have to play hockey tonite I'd totally be hitting up that London show. oh, and as for sound...I thought it was pretty clear most of the time...Hooker was a little muddy on bass though, but they seemed to clean that up. Certain frequencies from Justin I found would resonate a little more than higher register notes...but I just love to watch that guy jam.
baraz1111
01-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayde View Post
Pushit was incredible.
Dude, we'll get ticks tonight I bet...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Pushit was incredible.
Dude, we'll get ticks tonight I bet...
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM

This is probably a long shot, but do any of you know if they have plans to return to Toronto in 2012 or 2013? I am huge Tool fan and have been for many years, yesterday was my first live Tool show and it was AMAZING and I literally cant wait for them to comeback ....any idea's?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

This is probably a long shot, but do any of you know if they have plans to return to Toronto in 2012 or 2013? I am huge Tool fan and have been for many years, yesterday was my first live Tool show and it was AMAZING and I literally cant wait for them to comeback ....any idea's?
nedak's Avatar nedak
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor86 View Post
Nobody ever really knows Tool's plans.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor86 View Post
GoldenKiwi
01-26-2012, 06:12 PM

I felt bad for Maynard when his voice cracked big time at the end of pushit.

I was sitting a couple rows from the stage and could see he looked upset.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

strong_zo
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM

kanuduh,quick ?.The posters that Adam is drawing for each city,Do you know if they Have signed ones ,They have in past tours.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

kanuduh,quick ?.The posters that Adam is drawing for each city,Do you know if they Have signed ones ,They have in past tours.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strong_zo View Post
Every show so far has had signed posters as far as I know.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Every show so far has had signed posters as far as I know.
01-26-2012, 09:59 PM

First Tool Concert experience, managed to see the first song and a half, Hooker and Jambi (both amazing, Maynard was shredding his mohawk).

I bought floor left row 7 tickets, and was ejected for "smoking the dope." The security was absolutely horrible. After trying to reason with Guard #1, (unfortunately I had not been smoking) I asked Guard #2 to "smell my hands and breath." After Guard #2 admitted there was no scent of pot on my hands or breath, Guard #1 became furious and escorted my friend and I, taking my tickets and keeping them. I even asked to speak to the police, which was when both Guard #1 and #2 dragged me to the door and threw me out (picture a bum being tossed from a bar).

This ends my first Tool Concert experience. Hopefully, I will make it to the London show, however I doubt I'll get there seeing as I spent all my money on the ticket (and two $14.50 beers).

Looks like I'll have to..
Be Patient.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

First Tool Concert experience, managed to see the first song and a half, Hooker and Jambi (both amazing, Maynard was shredding his mohawk).

I bought floor left row 7 tickets, and was ejected for "smoking the dope." The security was absolutely horrible. After trying to reason with Guard #1, (unfortunately I had not been smoking) I asked Guard #2 to "smell my hands and breath." After Guard #2 admitted there was no scent of pot on my hands or breath, Guard #1 became furious and escorted my friend and I, taking my tickets and keeping them. I even asked to speak to the police, which was when both Guard #1 and #2 dragged me to the door and threw me out (picture a bum being tossed from a bar).

This ends my first Tool Concert experience. Hopefully, I will make it to the London show, however I doubt I'll get there seeing as I spent all my money on the ticket (and two $14.50 beers).

Be Patient.
01-27-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post

I felt bad as well...Maynard was really good tonight but his voice cracked like a pimply faced teenager at the end of Pushit. I think he more than made up for it with his effort the rest of the night.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I felt bad as well...Maynard was really good tonight but his voice cracked like a pimply faced teenager at the end of Pushit. I think he more than made up for it with his effort the rest of the night.
01-27-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklyon View Post

Be Patient.
Awful experience. Many dope smokers in and around 118 and nobody was tossed out. Tool will be back again in the future and all will be right in the end.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklyon View Post

Be Patient.
Awful experience. Many dope smokers in and around 118 and nobody was tossed out. Tool will be back again in the future and all will be right in the end.
01-27-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
They did in Toronto. $130 I think.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
They did in Toronto. $130 I think.
jayde
01-27-2012, 08:44 AM

THe signed posters were $130.
The ones with Adam drawings were $300
I got a poster in Toronto and London.

The $50 shirts to me looked like bootlegs.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

THe signed posters were $130.
I got a poster in Toronto and London.

The $50 shirts to me looked like bootlegs.
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
hmmmm....not sure of what mean by this.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
jayde
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
There were 3 level prices for the event posters.

1. Regular - $30
2. Signed by the band - $130
4. Signed by the band + one of a kind Adam drawings - $300
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

1. Regular - $30
2. Signed by the band - $130
4. Signed by the band + one of a kind Adam drawings - $300
Third_Eye_Opiate's Avatar Third_Eye_Opiate
01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

Amazing Show! As always from TOOL! Crowd was great and in my section (122) was loud as hell! Loved the whole show! Kind of knew that they would tease us with Ticks into Sober just reading other reviews so not that surprised on that.. I was surprised that the audio was not good in the first quarter of the show from start to about the end of Jambi. The audio was muffled at parts and you could hear Maynard too well.. But after that it seems like the audio engineers fixed it cause it sounded much clearer. I don’t about other areas of the ACC but that’s what it was like (I least I thought in my section) then again I had about 8 beers in me.. Thank God me and wife went to the Loose Moose before and had $6 beers! Geez man, like $15 a beer!! What tha' ****!!!!
The guys sounded tight as always! Loved the drum mash-up at Lateralus! with Maynard saying "Who Won?"...*Every Cheers*...."We All Win"! That was great!
It was my wife’s first TOOL concert and now she a part of the vast TOOL ARMY becoming a fan real quick! She did keep asking me where the singer was and why he's in the shadows.. I tried explaining "Maynard" but that’s like trying to explain abstinence to a hooker...with a penis* lol.
Only one small negative comment but no big deal is>> Don’t know why Maynard doesn’t stick around like the rest of the band during the applause..
Can't wait till next time!

Spiral Out.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing Show! As always from TOOL! Crowd was great and in my section (122) was loud as hell! Loved the whole show! Kind of knew that they would tease us with Ticks into Sober just reading other reviews so not that surprised on that.. I was surprised that the audio was not good in the first quarter of the show from start to about the end of Jambi. The audio was muffled at parts and you could hear Maynard too well.. But after that it seems like the audio engineers fixed it cause it sounded much clearer. I don’t about other areas of the ACC but that’s what it was like (I least I thought in my section) then again I had about 8 beers in me.. Thank God me and wife went to the Loose Moose before and had $6 beers! Geez man, like $15 a beer!! What tha' ****!!!!
The guys sounded tight as always! Loved the drum mash-up at Lateralus! with Maynard saying "Who Won?"...*Every Cheers*...."We All Win"! That was great!
It was my wife’s first TOOL concert and now she a part of the vast TOOL ARMY becoming a fan real quick! She did keep asking me where the singer was and why he's in the shadows.. I tried explaining "Maynard" but that’s like trying to explain abstinence to a hooker...with a penis* lol.
Only one small negative comment but no big deal is>> Don’t know why Maynard doesn’t stick around like the rest of the band during the applause..
Can't wait till next time!

Spiral Out.
Third_Eye_Opiate's Avatar Third_Eye_Opiate
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedak View Post
*Yeah that’s true. Expect a fake something on April 1 they always make you think something big is going down.. Album, Tour, Live DVD... Don’t believe it...

They will be back for sure. But it took 'em 4 years to get back.. It won’t be that long again. Album will be out sooner than later (Some say May 2012, others say Late 2012).. expect a tour to follow a couple months after..
I think this was just a taste to say to their fans that Hey! were still here,
be patient...
Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedak View Post
*Yeah that’s true. Expect a fake something on April 1 they always make you think something big is going down.. Album, Tour, Live DVD... Don’t believe it...

They will be back for sure. But it took 'em 4 years to get back.. It won’t be that long again. Album will be out sooner than later (Some say May 2012, others say Late 2012).. expect a tour to follow a couple months after..
I think this was just a taste to say to their fans that Hey! were still here,
be patient...
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Signed by the band + one of a kind Adam drawings - $300
I didn't know about those. Wouldn't have paid for it but would like to see what it looks like.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Signed by the band + one of a kind Adam drawings - $300
I didn't know about those. Wouldn't have paid for it but would like to see what it looks like.
jayde
01-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
In London Ontario they did not have that event specific poster signed at all. In Toronto they had all 3 versions. From what I saw, the Adam Jones drawings were of fish, and skeletal figures
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
In London Ontario they did not have that event specific poster signed at all. In Toronto they had all 3 versions. From what I saw, the Adam Jones drawings were of fish, and skeletal figures
dereklyon
01-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
That's the thing! The entire stadium was hotbed, and I got tossed because of it, even though I had no weed!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
That's the thing! The entire stadium was hotbed, and I got tossed because of it, even though I had no weed!
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyeringordon View Post

Troy
Were you the guy *right* on the corner overlooking the stage in the actual stands? Because my friends and I kept spotting this guy who was basically almost on stage with the band. We were in the upper bowl near the back of the arena and kept looking down there saying "holy fuck that guy is having the time of his life! Looks like he just won the lottery!". Arms were up rocking out the whole time. If that was you, then congrats!!! You DID win the lottery! :)
Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyeringordon View Post

Troy
Were you the guy *right* on the corner overlooking the stage in the actual stands? Because my friends and I kept spotting this guy who was basically almost on stage with the band. We were in the upper bowl near the back of the arena and kept looking down there saying "holy fuck that guy is having the time of his life! Looks like he just won the lottery!". Arms were up rocking out the whole time. If that was you, then congrats!!! You DID win the lottery! :)
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
01-27-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Ya he seemed pretty bummed but everyone cheered really loud at the same time so I was hoping it hid the error enough that he didn't feel we held it against him. He missed one of the ending verses too probably because of the voice cracking, "staring down the hole again" until "remember I'll always love you" it was also kind of a bummer that he changed up the "you still love me, but you didn't need to pushit on me" I mean I get songs change with time but the music was still really heavy so the long breaks before his next beat felt a little out of place to me. I of course am just being incredibly picky with my favourite tool song and still feel like I can now die a happy man finally having seen it performed. Even with having taken a bit of a break from tool the last few years they still got that Boom Boom Pow. I love those men.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Ya he seemed pretty bummed but everyone cheered really loud at the same time so I was hoping it hid the error enough that he didn't feel we held it against him. He missed one of the ending verses too probably because of the voice cracking, "staring down the hole again" until "remember I'll always love you" it was also kind of a bummer that he changed up the "you still love me, but you didn't need to pushit on me" I mean I get songs change with time but the music was still really heavy so the long breaks before his next beat felt a little out of place to me. I of course am just being incredibly picky with my favourite tool song and still feel like I can now die a happy man finally having seen it performed. Even with having taken a bit of a break from tool the last few years they still got that Boom Boom Pow. I love those men.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply