Sober
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-01-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

*****DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU WERE AT THE SHOW*****

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty Six & 2
Lateralus
Ænema

Reviews only. No links to bootlegs.

Last edited by kanaduh; 02-01-2012 at 09:50 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mjr
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM

Band was amazing but we got screwed on the setlist. Maynard said some bullshit about playing songs they haven't played since before we were a fetus in our mothers, but didn't even come through with a rare-ish setlist. After Sober was really hoping for Parabola and was left disappointed. New song is amazing and schism and lateralus extended are great. Pushit is the shit but regular stinkfist pales in comparison to extended stinkfist.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Band was amazing but we got screwed on the setlist. Maynard said some bullshit about playing songs they haven't played since before we were a fetus in our mothers, but didn't even come through with a rare-ish setlist. After Sober was really hoping for Parabola and was left disappointed. New song is amazing and schism and lateralus extended are great. Pushit is the shit but regular stinkfist pales in comparison to extended stinkfist.
Oblio's Avatar Oblio
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Set list was:
Hooker with a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (extended with a guest playing a synth or something, forget his name)
Pushit
Schism (with the new intro)
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer)
Intermission
Ænema

So I just got back from Izod, and FUCK was it a good show! They started out with Hooker and Jambi which were both awsome. Before Jambi Maynard was talking about how he had been to Rutherford in the late 20th century to see Van Halen, neat stuff I guess. Then after Jambi was Stinkfist which was fucking amazing. Only wish they had played the extended version of it, but whatever. Then was sober, and it started off great, then about the time were the song starts to get quieter, Manard anounced a guest (who's name escape's me!) who started playing a synth or something and vocalizing. It was pretty interesting, however in my opinion it could have been a bit shorter. Then they finished Sober and Started Pushit, which was awesome. It had a bit of a slower tempo, but was really great, and that was when they started to drop some of the LED screens which was cool. Then the new Schism intro came on which was pretty nice (maybe part of a new song?), and they played schism. It was really awsom with the sped up part, and the visuals were off the video. Then came Intension, which for some reason some of the people around me didn't quite like, but with the lights and all I myself found it quite captivating. Then they went into 46 & 2, which was great, with all of the screens dropped into position. Then came Lateralus. What a great song. They played it perfectly, with a guest drummer (Frank I think) which was awesome. All of the lasers and smoke, the lights and the screens, was just fa nominal! Probably the best song of the night. Then they had an intermission where on the big screen it had a video of the game Asteroids being played, which was really funny. Player one, Frank, won with 10,000 points... After the intermission they played Ænema. That was another fantastic song with lots of laser play, which I found really super when they had the lasers crossing and blocking out the bottom levels of the arena (I was in the top rows btw, nice view).
All in all a terrific show, I kinda wish they had played Ticks & Leeches, but I guess I'm being a bit too greedy. Maynard was talking a bit, not too much, but at least he wasn't silent.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Set list was:
Hooker with a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (extended with a guest playing a synth or something, forget his name)
Pushit
Schism (with the new intro)
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer)
Intermission
Ænema

So I just got back from Izod, and FUCK was it a good show! They started out with Hooker and Jambi which were both awsome. Before Jambi Maynard was talking about how he had been to Rutherford in the late 20th century to see Van Halen, neat stuff I guess. Then after Jambi was Stinkfist which was fucking amazing. Only wish they had played the extended version of it, but whatever. Then was sober, and it started off great, then about the time were the song starts to get quieter, Manard anounced a guest (who's name escape's me!) who started playing a synth or something and vocalizing. It was pretty interesting, however in my opinion it could have been a bit shorter. Then they finished Sober and Started Pushit, which was awesome. It had a bit of a slower tempo, but was really great, and that was when they started to drop some of the LED screens which was cool. Then the new Schism intro came on which was pretty nice (maybe part of a new song?), and they played schism. It was really awsom with the sped up part, and the visuals were off the video. Then came Intension, which for some reason some of the people around me didn't quite like, but with the lights and all I myself found it quite captivating. Then they went into 46 & 2, which was great, with all of the screens dropped into position. Then came Lateralus. What a great song. They played it perfectly, with a guest drummer (Frank I think) which was awesome. All of the lasers and smoke, the lights and the screens, was just fa nominal! Probably the best song of the night. Then they had an intermission where on the big screen it had a video of the game Asteroids being played, which was really funny. Player one, Frank, won with 10,000 points... After the intermission they played Ænema. That was another fantastic song with lots of laser play, which I found really super when they had the lasers crossing and blocking out the bottom levels of the arena (I was in the top rows btw, nice view).
All in all a terrific show, I kinda wish they had played Ticks & Leeches, but I guess I'm being a bit too greedy. Maynard was talking a bit, not too much, but at least he wasn't silent.
ProfoundHaytred's Avatar ProfoundHaytred
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM

This being my 7th tool show I came in with low expectatoons. I was blown away. The band was on point, maynard sounded great. Short setlist but still jam packed with goodness. The extended sober was really really good. Enjoyed intension too.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
predicticus maximus

Bincount™: 2

This being my 7th tool show I came in with low expectatoons. I was blown away. The band was on point, maynard sounded great. Short setlist but still jam packed with goodness. The extended sober was really really good. Enjoyed intension too.
godhenry
02-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Great show. Will write more later (maybe). Parabola was on the setlist (I have a picture to prove it), but they decided not to play it. The drum-off (or more like a drum-on) definitely made up for it. That is all.

spiral out!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Great show. Will write more later (maybe). Parabola was on the setlist (I have a picture to prove it), but they decided not to play it. The drum-off (or more like a drum-on) definitely made up for it. That is all.

spiral out!!!
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

02-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Great show but damn Parabola would have been nice. And I would have gladly traded Sober for Ticks and Leeches. Still had a blast.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Great show but damn Parabola would have been nice. And I would have gladly traded Sober for Ticks and Leeches. Still had a blast.
02-02-2012, 12:28 AM

8th time seeing Tool, 4th time at this venue. It seems that they don't really respect their fans in Jersey. They always play a very tame setlist, and compared to the shows I've seen in Seattle, they seem to be holding back. Avoid seeing Tool in Jersey if you can, because they just phone it in. Waste of time and money.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

8th time seeing Tool, 4th time at this venue. It seems that they don't really respect their fans in Jersey. They always play a very tame setlist, and compared to the shows I've seen in Seattle, they seem to be holding back. Avoid seeing Tool in Jersey if you can, because they just phone it in. Waste of time and money.
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
02-02-2012, 01:49 AM

^ disagree with the above.

shism, believe it or not, was so alive.

the odd "ritual" they performed during sober was odd, but not totally unexpected. i took part in it, in my own way, just as we all did.

the mohegan sun show was TRIPPIER, for sure.

this one was powerful though, no doubt about that.

felt like a constant give and take.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #9
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

^ disagree with the above.

shism, believe it or not, was so alive.

the odd "ritual" they performed during sober was odd, but not totally unexpected. i took part in it, in my own way, just as we all did.

the mohegan sun show was TRIPPIER, for sure.

this one was powerful though, no doubt about that.

felt like a constant give and take.
Joe&Ant
02-02-2012, 04:16 AM

I am 38 and have been a somewhat tool fan for a long time. My son is 9 and somehow became an insane tool nut since he was 7. Last night he was just in awe! We had amazing ppl sitting aroud us with great upper level row 4 seats. I was worried about the sound when I heard the opening band, but tool sounded amazing. Perfect sound! We were blth very pleased with the setlist. (Sober being my favorite).
One of the guys sitting near us after the show said to my son "do you realize what you just saw?"
This will be a memory for life for us! Thank you!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I am 38 and have been a somewhat tool fan for a long time. My son is 9 and somehow became an insane tool nut since he was 7. Last night he was just in awe! We had amazing ppl sitting aroud us with great upper level row 4 seats. I was worried about the sound when I heard the opening band, but tool sounded amazing. Perfect sound! We were blth very pleased with the setlist. (Sober being my favorite).
One of the guys sitting near us after the show said to my son "do you realize what you just saw?"
This will be a memory for life for us! Thank you!
TJBundy's Avatar TJBundy
02-02-2012, 04:19 AM

awesome show, not disappointed at all! everything was perfect. thank you to the people next to me with the j! this show felt like lateralus tour, excellent energy. they nailed every song. parabola would have been nice but im not complaining :) maynard sounded better than ever imo.
~ 05.20.06 New York City Center, NY
~ 10.07.06 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY
~ 06.08.07 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore MD
~ 01.28.12 TD Garden, Boston MA
~ 02.01.12 Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ
Old 02-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

awesome show, not disappointed at all! everything was perfect. thank you to the people next to me with the j! this show felt like lateralus tour, excellent energy. they nailed every song. parabola would have been nice but im not complaining :) maynard sounded better than ever imo.
~ 05.20.06 New York City Center, NY
~ 10.07.06 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale NY
~ 06.08.07 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore MD
~ 01.28.12 TD Garden, Boston MA
~ 02.01.12 Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ
rockin914
02-02-2012, 04:45 AM

Great awesome show, but why do people have to carry on conversations with their friends throughout the show? Can you please shut the fuck up for an hour or two?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Great awesome show, but why do people have to carry on conversations with their friends throughout the show? Can you please shut the fuck up for an hour or two?
viti's Avatar viti
02-02-2012, 04:59 AM

The show was awesome. I was really hoping for parabola but I cant complain because everything was so well done.

Sober was interesting. Does anybody know who that was who came on stage?

The only downfall was the security. We had this lady who was yelling at people for taking pictures, constantly shining flashlights in our faces...I couldnt even smoke a J which would have made the concert that much better. Realllly fucken annoying...

Other than that, I cant wait for them to come back around again.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

The show was awesome. I was really hoping for parabola but I cant complain because everything was so well done.

Sober was interesting. Does anybody know who that was who came on stage?

The only downfall was the security. We had this lady who was yelling at people for taking pictures, constantly shining flashlights in our faces...I couldnt even smoke a J which would have made the concert that much better. Realllly fucken annoying...

Other than that, I cant wait for them to come back around again.
02-02-2012, 05:16 AM

Some Maynardisms from last night, not exact quotes just from memory:
"We haven't played some of these songs since you were just your parents having unprotected sex. What I'm saying is that we're old, so if we wander off looking for mashed potatoes, just remind us of what we're doing"

"In the late 1900's I saw Van Halen in this place.....with Dave"

"Here comes the drum silliness" (during Lateralus when the other drummer took the stage). "Who won, was it this guy?" (gesturing towards Danny right before they went back into the song).

This was my 21st time seeing Tool live, and all in all it was a great show. Better performance than any of the shows I saw on the 10kdays tour. Although I would've liked to have seen Parabola like that setlist someone posted says.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #14
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 43

Some Maynardisms from last night, not exact quotes just from memory:
"We haven't played some of these songs since you were just your parents having unprotected sex. What I'm saying is that we're old, so if we wander off looking for mashed potatoes, just remind us of what we're doing"

"In the late 1900's I saw Van Halen in this place.....with Dave"

"Here comes the drum silliness" (during Lateralus when the other drummer took the stage). "Who won, was it this guy?" (gesturing towards Danny right before they went back into the song).

This was my 21st time seeing Tool live, and all in all it was a great show. Better performance than any of the shows I saw on the 10kdays tour. Although I would've liked to have seen Parabola like that setlist someone posted says.
02-02-2012, 06:03 AM

nothing to complain about. i most likely had the worst seat in the house, and they still sounded great.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 8

nothing to complain about. i most likely had the worst seat in the house, and they still sounded great.
02-02-2012, 06:25 AM

To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
godhenry
02-02-2012, 06:43 AM

Have to agree with biff. Having gone to both Camden and ER, the show at Camden was definitely more magical, more energetic all around. I've seen Pushit a few times (from this tour and previous), and MJK delivered the most powerful and compelling performance at Camden. And people talking during Intension? Maybe it's not avoidable given that people on average are just annoying and cannot enjoy some serenity when presented at a rock concert.

Having said all that, I really think the drum-off made up most of the shortfalls. It was one of the best drum-off I've seen by far; the next best would be the one with the drummer from Meshuggah back in the Lateralus tour. Typically, the drum-off only takes place during the Lateralus breakdown, but last night the guest drummer stayed to play the rest of the song and ride the concert to climax with Danny through the end of the song. The drummer was so psyched when they were finished and kept raising his fist in satisfaction. That just put a big smile on my face.

Maynardism: "Who won?" pointed at Danny, "Did you win?" Looking at both Danny and the guest drummer, said to the crowd, "We all win."

Indeed.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Have to agree with biff. Having gone to both Camden and ER, the show at Camden was definitely more magical, more energetic all around. I've seen Pushit a few times (from this tour and previous), and MJK delivered the most powerful and compelling performance at Camden. And people talking during Intension? Maybe it's not avoidable given that people on average are just annoying and cannot enjoy some serenity when presented at a rock concert.

Having said all that, I really think the drum-off made up most of the shortfalls. It was one of the best drum-off I've seen by far; the next best would be the one with the drummer from Meshuggah back in the Lateralus tour. Typically, the drum-off only takes place during the Lateralus breakdown, but last night the guest drummer stayed to play the rest of the song and ride the concert to climax with Danny through the end of the song. The drummer was so psyched when they were finished and kept raising his fist in satisfaction. That just put a big smile on my face.

Maynardism: "Who won?" pointed at Danny, "Did you win?" Looking at both Danny and the guest drummer, said to the crowd, "We all win."

Indeed.
02-02-2012, 06:53 AM

They killed it Sunday night in Camden so.... Maybe people should not have these great expectations of what songs they want to hear, then you wont be disappointed or have anything to complain about... Parabola has only been played a handful of times since the Lateralus Tour, Great song, but So What, Enjoy the show for what it is, the Band will play what they want to play, this set list on this tour is actually really good, obviously not going to get 2+ hour shows this go around so enjoy it and savor it, Feel blessed that you are getting to witness music above and beyond the caliber of 99% of what is considered "music" in this day and age... there are people who really like the band, then there are those who truly FEEL the music and know the show is not going to be personally catered to their every selfish inflated needs ;)

Last edited by Awakened1; 02-02-2012 at 06:54 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

They killed it Sunday night in Camden so.... Maybe people should not have these great expectations of what songs they want to hear, then you wont be disappointed or have anything to complain about... Parabola has only been played a handful of times since the Lateralus Tour, Great song, but So What, Enjoy the show for what it is, the Band will play what they want to play, this set list on this tour is actually really good, obviously not going to get 2+ hour shows this go around so enjoy it and savor it, Feel blessed that you are getting to witness music above and beyond the caliber of 99% of what is considered "music" in this day and age... there are people who really like the band, then there are those who truly FEEL the music and know the show is not going to be personally catered to their every selfish inflated needs ;)

Last edited by Awakened1; 02-02-2012 at 06:54 AM..
mdh85
02-02-2012, 07:01 AM

I have to admit, i was a little dissapointed last night as I went to bed at 12 and looked at this site's setlist to see I missed seeing Sober. (Work until 9:00 and 40 min drive to E Rutherford)

However with that being said, the show in Camden on Sunday was a truly life changing experience. Did i get to hear The Pot, or Sober? NO. Did I need to? Nope. TOOL brought new life to songs that I never really deemed as my "favs" (ticks and leeches, pushit, hooker...holy fkn shit to all of these songs). Seriously, if someone would have been talking during any of these songs I probably would have started a moshpit all over there faces. These guys have not lost it and continue to be one of the best "live" bands of all time.

On a side note, as a guitar "hobbyist" for 7 years, i'd really like to delve into that bonkers intro to Schism. If you listen to that intro, then fast forward to the main "heavy" part of the song, you will see that they are extremely similar. Both parts are played in the same key and chord progressions and I highly doubt (sorry to everyone wishing for a new album, believe me I'm with you!) this is part of a new song. Just a different way of expressing the song, and a damn good one at that. We will just have to wait and be patient for these guys to settle down after the tour and fully record what they have all been working on! I read toolband.com's news section this morning and it did say the band would be practicing new material after the soundcheck for each show...who knows someone could get lucky during the last leg of the tour and hear a new song...good luck!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

I have to admit, i was a little dissapointed last night as I went to bed at 12 and looked at this site's setlist to see I missed seeing Sober. (Work until 9:00 and 40 min drive to E Rutherford)

However with that being said, the show in Camden on Sunday was a truly life changing experience. Did i get to hear The Pot, or Sober? NO. Did I need to? Nope. TOOL brought new life to songs that I never really deemed as my "favs" (ticks and leeches, pushit, hooker...holy fkn shit to all of these songs). Seriously, if someone would have been talking during any of these songs I probably would have started a moshpit all over there faces. These guys have not lost it and continue to be one of the best "live" bands of all time.

On a side note, as a guitar "hobbyist" for 7 years, i'd really like to delve into that bonkers intro to Schism. If you listen to that intro, then fast forward to the main "heavy" part of the song, you will see that they are extremely similar. Both parts are played in the same key and chord progressions and I highly doubt (sorry to everyone wishing for a new album, believe me I'm with you!) this is part of a new song. Just a different way of expressing the song, and a damn good one at that. We will just have to wait and be patient for these guys to settle down after the tour and fully record what they have all been working on! I read toolband.com's news section this morning and it did say the band would be practicing new material after the soundcheck for each show...who knows someone could get lucky during the last leg of the tour and hear a new song...good luck!
mjr
02-02-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
Bastards.

I gotta say though...extended Schism has grown on me a lot and this was definitely the best of the 4 drum-off Lateralus' I've seen. The guy staying on 'till the end was magical.

Pushit live is just amazing. I kind of like this new, 3rd version which is not quite album but is certainly not the Aenima era Salival extended version.

Seeing Sober for the first time was great too but I second everyone saying that the random noise guy stayed on too long. It's a Tool show and that shit is totally cool...but for 4 minutes not 8.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry View Post
Bastards.

I gotta say though...extended Schism has grown on me a lot and this was definitely the best of the 4 drum-off Lateralus' I've seen. The guy staying on 'till the end was magical.

Pushit live is just amazing. I kind of like this new, 3rd version which is not quite album but is certainly not the Aenima era Salival extended version.

Seeing Sober for the first time was great too but I second everyone saying that the random noise guy stayed on too long. It's a Tool show and that shit is totally cool...but for 4 minutes not 8.
kims
02-02-2012, 07:32 AM

I absolutely love Tool and especially Maynard. Maynard is God-like and can do no wrong in my eyes. I must say that although last night was a great show, the sound seemed f'd up to me and my husband. We could barely hear Maynard over the music except for the few times when the stadium got quiet and he was speaking, and that was if the rude assholes sitting around me would STFU. It wasn't until the end when that guy in the lab coat started screwing with something in the back that Maynard's mike started going in and out.
This was my first show in over five years (since I started having kids, my social life has declined) so this was a real special treat for me. I must say that the people around me chain-smoking (cigarettes and pot) put a damper on my experience, I'm pregnant again so it was tough to get through it. And I couldn't get far enough away from Yob. Would've been nice if the asshole who knocked me over would have apologized too.
Overall, I had a great time, I love Maynard, I love Tool.
I hope they are still playing for years to come so my kids can experience the magic of Tool. As it is, my 4 year old daughter was very jealous that she didn't go with us last night so she can meet Maynard. Can't wait until I can bring her along.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

I absolutely love Tool and especially Maynard. Maynard is God-like and can do no wrong in my eyes. I must say that although last night was a great show, the sound seemed f'd up to me and my husband. We could barely hear Maynard over the music except for the few times when the stadium got quiet and he was speaking, and that was if the rude assholes sitting around me would STFU. It wasn't until the end when that guy in the lab coat started screwing with something in the back that Maynard's mike started going in and out.
This was my first show in over five years (since I started having kids, my social life has declined) so this was a real special treat for me. I must say that the people around me chain-smoking (cigarettes and pot) put a damper on my experience, I'm pregnant again so it was tough to get through it. And I couldn't get far enough away from Yob. Would've been nice if the asshole who knocked me over would have apologized too.
Overall, I had a great time, I love Maynard, I love Tool.
I hope they are still playing for years to come so my kids can experience the magic of Tool. As it is, my 4 year old daughter was very jealous that she didn't go with us last night so she can meet Maynard. Can't wait until I can bring her along.
SonOF
02-02-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin914 View Post
Yeah, so many idiots. I swear some of these folks don't know how to act at a show. This dumb twat behind me was YELLING on her phone at her retarded friend that was apparently across the area. "WHAT!? I CAN'T SEE YOU! WHAAAT?!!" Who gives a shit, you moron! Enjoy the show!

I was excited that the setlist was changed from what I was expecting (Sober instead of T & L), but the synth jam in the middle of the song was a failure. It should have been about two minutes instead of 9. Those 7 minutes could have been used for Parabola or ANYTHING else.

But other than some retarded fans (I know Tool is a semi-commercial band, but where do these people come from!?), and that synth bit in Sober, I thought it was a terrific show. My highlights were Jambi (sentimental reasons), 46&2 and Lateralus (best drum battle yet). Schism is actually probably my least favorite Tool song (if there is such a thing), simply because I have heard it too much, but I REALLY liked what they did with it. Brilliant stuff. Sound overall was top notch, other than during Hooker, when I assume they were still getting settled.

Visuals were best I have seen at a Tool show. This was my 5th Tool show, and probably up there as top 3. As for the bad Jersey crowd (and "mailing it in"), I'm not sure. I have only seen Tool in NY and NJ, so I guess I'm used to the crowd. haha
Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin914 View Post
Yeah, so many idiots. I swear some of these folks don't know how to act at a show. This dumb twat behind me was YELLING on her phone at her retarded friend that was apparently across the area. "WHAT!? I CAN'T SEE YOU! WHAAAT?!!" Who gives a shit, you moron! Enjoy the show!

I was excited that the setlist was changed from what I was expecting (Sober instead of T & L), but the synth jam in the middle of the song was a failure. It should have been about two minutes instead of 9. Those 7 minutes could have been used for Parabola or ANYTHING else.

But other than some retarded fans (I know Tool is a semi-commercial band, but where do these people come from!?), and that synth bit in Sober, I thought it was a terrific show. My highlights were Jambi (sentimental reasons), 46&2 and Lateralus (best drum battle yet). Schism is actually probably my least favorite Tool song (if there is such a thing), simply because I have heard it too much, but I REALLY liked what they did with it. Brilliant stuff. Sound overall was top notch, other than during Hooker, when I assume they were still getting settled.

Visuals were best I have seen at a Tool show. This was my 5th Tool show, and probably up there as top 3. As for the bad Jersey crowd (and "mailing it in"), I'm not sure. I have only seen Tool in NY and NJ, so I guess I'm used to the crowd. haha
poopgas
02-02-2012, 07:50 AM

Really hard to understand any negative reviews. Been to like 10 shows since
01 and this one was wayyy up there. Sounds like most of the dissapointment in these threads came from setlist expectations which ive learned is a bad thing to set yourself up for. Tool was getting dirty in jersey, period. Maynard sounded better and took more chances than i can remember with him. Justin was ferocious. adam is opening up more and more. They feel re-energized to me, idk. Peace and love tool fans.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

01 and this one was wayyy up there. Sounds like most of the dissapointment in these threads came from setlist expectations which ive learned is a bad thing to set yourself up for. Tool was getting dirty in jersey, period. Maynard sounded better and took more chances than i can remember with him. Justin was ferocious. adam is opening up more and more. They feel re-energized to me, idk. Peace and love tool fans.
platz814
02-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Saw the show, it was my 6th tool show. Maybe I've been spoiled but thought it was a bit lacking. Sober instead of ticks and leeches, which I wouldn't have minded except for the dreadful "jam" in the middle which I took No enjoyment from. Maynard was pretty low as he has been the last few shows I've seen, also missed the last key change at the end of push it (staring down the hole again, survival is my only friend). Justin was rocking out hard the entire show, brought some much needed energy to their set. Maynard left the stage more than normal and the band was incongruous at times. Overall a decent show.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Saw the show, it was my 6th tool show. Maybe I've been spoiled but thought it was a bit lacking. Sober instead of ticks and leeches, which I wouldn't have minded except for the dreadful "jam" in the middle which I took No enjoyment from. Maynard was pretty low as he has been the last few shows I've seen, also missed the last key change at the end of push it (staring down the hole again, survival is my only friend). Justin was rocking out hard the entire show, brought some much needed energy to their set. Maynard left the stage more than normal and the band was incongruous at times. Overall a decent show.
mjr
02-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopgas View Post

Agreed, definitely the best Maynard performance of the 5 I've seen except for the '06 mini tour.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #25
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Agreed, definitely the best Maynard performance of the 5 I've seen except for the '06 mini tour.
poopgas
02-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Hooker with a penis and Pushit
Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Hooker with a penis and Pushit
SonOF
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:

That was Adam "opening up?" haha, I guess it's progress, but I saw him do little more than play and stand around like a statue. I even mentioned after the show that it is good they have Justin, because Maynard is so quirky, and Adam is a statue. Justin headbangs like he's in Pantera, and I love it. Danny is always high-energy, but he's behind the kit, so obviously that's different.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

That was Adam "opening up?" haha, I guess it's progress, but I saw him do little more than play and stand around like a statue. I even mentioned after the show that it is good they have Justin, because Maynard is so quirky, and Adam is a statue. Justin headbangs like he's in Pantera, and I love it. Danny is always high-energy, but he's behind the kit, so obviously that's different.
gizmus's Avatar gizmus
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Wow! I do not understand the negative comments regarding the quality of this show... This was at least for me the best I have seen out of the last four. I must agree about the crowd not showing respect. I hate to be redundant but they need to to shut the fuck up and listen. Personally I was blown away by the technical, visual, sonic and overall superior stage performance that I have yet seen from Tool or any other band for that matter.
I am still in awe of the fact that we were up in the nose bleed area and the quality of the sound was incredible. I got a lot of nice comments on my light up jacket and hat from other fans. Thanks to all that helped make this the best show ever for me and thanks to the band for their awesome performance and music all these years. Makes life that much better... Peace
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow! I do not understand the negative comments regarding the quality of this show... This was at least for me the best I have seen out of the last four. I must agree about the crowd not showing respect. I hate to be redundant but they need to to shut the fuck up and listen. Personally I was blown away by the technical, visual, sonic and overall superior stage performance that I have yet seen from Tool or any other band for that matter.
I am still in awe of the fact that we were up in the nose bleed area and the quality of the sound was incredible. I got a lot of nice comments on my light up jacket and hat from other fans. Thanks to all that helped make this the best show ever for me and thanks to the band for their awesome performance and music all these years. Makes life that much better... Peace
TecKs15
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM

My first Tool show so i can't really compare to other shows like the majority of people can on here but from my perspective it was probably one of the most mesmerizing experiences ever, so glad i made the decision to buy these tickets because the whole experience was worth every penny. I was sitting lower level 106 great view of everything but i dont know if it was just me but i could not hear the opening bands singer for shit it just sounded like one big hodgepodge of noise so i was getting worried that i wouldn't be able to hear Tool either but boy was i wrong, perfection. People behind me and infront of me were awesome met alot of cool people no annoying pieces of shit which is always good, was especially happy that they played Sober since it was the first song i've ever heard from them and it is my favorite, Maynard was hitting high notes and to me definitely didnt seem like he was mailing it in. Overall amazing experience hope i get the opportunity to see them again sometime. Security was strict as shit i got a 1 minute clip of the intermission in Sober and i dont know how the lady saw me but she yelled so hard and loud at me to put it away it was crazy lol, i guess they were doing there job to perfection because after that i was petrified to take any more videos..visuals were freakin awesome and maynards quotes were classic, best band i've ever seen perform.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

My first Tool show so i can't really compare to other shows like the majority of people can on here but from my perspective it was probably one of the most mesmerizing experiences ever, so glad i made the decision to buy these tickets because the whole experience was worth every penny. I was sitting lower level 106 great view of everything but i dont know if it was just me but i could not hear the opening bands singer for shit it just sounded like one big hodgepodge of noise so i was getting worried that i wouldn't be able to hear Tool either but boy was i wrong, perfection. People behind me and infront of me were awesome met alot of cool people no annoying pieces of shit which is always good, was especially happy that they played Sober since it was the first song i've ever heard from them and it is my favorite, Maynard was hitting high notes and to me definitely didnt seem like he was mailing it in. Overall amazing experience hope i get the opportunity to see them again sometime. Security was strict as shit i got a 1 minute clip of the intermission in Sober and i dont know how the lady saw me but she yelled so hard and loud at me to put it away it was crazy lol, i guess they were doing there job to perfection because after that i was petrified to take any more videos..visuals were freakin awesome and maynards quotes were classic, best band i've ever seen perform.
SawThatGapAgainToday's Avatar SawThatGapAgainToday
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM

7th show. Show was amazing! The Vegas show for me was better musically b/c I was 3rd row and saw a longer setlist with The Pot and Ticks. But, this show was better visually for me because I was a little farther back, I could take more in. First time I heard Sober in 16 years, not to knock the guy "Bill" who played in the middle of it but I couldve done without him. For me it just didnt seem to fit that song.
Got a signed poster, and fish shirt, BUT best of all got to meet Alex Grey! I was waiting on a drink line and he walked out of the bathroom next to the line. I said Hello Mr. Grey, he was so nice and stopped and talked to me for a few minutes, and I showed him my tattoo of one of his paintings and he said " That is really cool, awesome!" Made my freaking night. So funny no one else even recognized him, what kind of Tool fans are they not knowing who Alex Grey is?
As far as the crowd goes, im so sick of seeing Tool in these arenas b/c the crowds are so lame. Most of them are just there for something to do rather than being there to see the most amazing live band ever. I was in Floor sec. 6 and the 2 dicks in front of me wouldnt freaking shut up. During Intension they just yapped and yapped, not even about the show, random shit. This is the exact reason why all shows should have GA Standing room/pit areas, filter the true fans to the front and the dbags can get shoved to the back where they can talk to each other. I thought this was the weakest crowd i've seen at a Tool show ever, no wonder they dont want to play in NYC any more.

Oh and one more thing, do us all a favor and STOP SINGING MJK's LYRICS while he's singing. STFU and spiral out. You know he does variations of his songs so why try to sing the lyrics you hear on the album when he isnt singing the same version as the album? I really wish punching ppl in the face for singing along was fair game cuz my knuckles wouldve been sore.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

7th show. Show was amazing! The Vegas show for me was better musically b/c I was 3rd row and saw a longer setlist with The Pot and Ticks. But, this show was better visually for me because I was a little farther back, I could take more in. First time I heard Sober in 16 years, not to knock the guy "Bill" who played in the middle of it but I couldve done without him. For me it just didnt seem to fit that song.
Got a signed poster, and fish shirt, BUT best of all got to meet Alex Grey! I was waiting on a drink line and he walked out of the bathroom next to the line. I said Hello Mr. Grey, he was so nice and stopped and talked to me for a few minutes, and I showed him my tattoo of one of his paintings and he said " That is really cool, awesome!" Made my freaking night. So funny no one else even recognized him, what kind of Tool fans are they not knowing who Alex Grey is?
As far as the crowd goes, im so sick of seeing Tool in these arenas b/c the crowds are so lame. Most of them are just there for something to do rather than being there to see the most amazing live band ever. I was in Floor sec. 6 and the 2 dicks in front of me wouldnt freaking shut up. During Intension they just yapped and yapped, not even about the show, random shit. This is the exact reason why all shows should have GA Standing room/pit areas, filter the true fans to the front and the dbags can get shoved to the back where they can talk to each other. I thought this was the weakest crowd i've seen at a Tool show ever, no wonder they dont want to play in NYC any more.

Oh and one more thing, do us all a favor and STOP SINGING MJK's LYRICS while he's singing. STFU and spiral out. You know he does variations of his songs so why try to sing the lyrics you hear on the album when he isnt singing the same version as the album? I really wish punching ppl in the face for singing along was fair game cuz my knuckles wouldve been sore.
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (with "Bill")
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer Frank Ferrer)
Ænema
Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Hooker With a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (with "Bill")
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer Frank Ferrer)
Ænema
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM

I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
Level 666 - Cenobite (tdn $supporter)

Bincount™: 20

I think it was Will not Bill.

and no they don't scew nj and ny fans. they had two guests tonight, none at Camden or Mohegan Sun. and in 01 at the garden they played undertow the one and only time on the lateralus tour. also it was the first time they ever played triad live.

people's expectations, wants, and disappointments amuse, especially from the people who have seen them before. everyone should know by now what they will get. they dont really change their sets, no encores, and not that many songs.

but even with 10 songs the show was almost 2 hours. and like the Camden reviews and Mohegan Sun reviews people keep failing to mention how much more than those 10 songs you're getting. sober and schism were extended, they've been teasing at everyshow with the intro to no quarter, and a TON of never before heard instrumental stuff.

of the 3 I went to this time Mohegan Sun was the best. Schism sounded better at izod though.

any one else notice that maynard says "in-between snorts of coke" instead of "sips"? he did it at all three.

the only comment I have, for him specifically, is how he jokes that some of the songs they are playing are some that they haven't played since "some of you were nothing but sperm or unprotected sex."

I don't know what he has against younger fans, but that is simply not true. they played hooker as late as 96 maybe later, and the rest are either newer or they play a lot. I'm 33 and one of the younger people i know who listen to TOOL. I have a cousin in his 20s that does but that's about it. I don't know how he doesnt realize that lease 60-70% of the crowd are in their 30s or older. he either cant do math anymore or has a real complex about getting older.

ah well, its still nice to see how much Danny, Justin, and Adam love the fans, so I ignore maynard's disdain. I mean it's no coincidence they are playing hooker and ticks. think of the combined message there.

lastly in this day and age the no camera thing is getting stupid. with cell phones these days virtually everyone has one in their pocket. I understand no flash photography, but geeze Maynard lighten up already.
11.19.'96 nyc • 5.20.'01 nyc • 9.24.'01 willkes-barre, pa • 10.1.'01 nyc • 10.2.'01 nyc • 8.13.'02 nyc • 8.15.'02 east rutherford, nj • 10.31.'02 long island • 5.19.'06 nyc • 5.20.'06 nyc • 10.7.'06 long island • 8.1.'09 liberty island • 1.29'12 camden, nj • 1.31.'12 mohegan sun, ct • 2.1.'12 east rutherford, nj • 11.18.'19 philly, pa • 11.19.'19 brooklyn, ny

pull the wool over your own eyes...

[eeq]
Tiresias
02-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Great show. 9th time since the King Crimson tour in 2001. Section 101 dead center, 14 rows back from the sound booth. Perfect sound and lighting from there. Loved seeing Hooker, Intension and Pushit. Highlights were 46&2 and Lateralus. I think the DJ was Will Bailey, but I am not sure. Frank Ferrer KILLED IT, and Danny and Maynard loved the drum beat down. "We all win." That was probably the coolest thing that has happened at the Meadowlands since the last time Tool played there. F**kTheNYGiants. NINERS!!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. 9th time since the King Crimson tour in 2001. Section 101 dead center, 14 rows back from the sound booth. Perfect sound and lighting from there. Loved seeing Hooker, Intension and Pushit. Highlights were 46&2 and Lateralus. I think the DJ was Will Bailey, but I am not sure. Frank Ferrer KILLED IT, and Danny and Maynard loved the drum beat down. "We all win." That was probably the coolest thing that has happened at the Meadowlands since the last time Tool played there. F**kTheNYGiants. NINERS!!
New Jeresey Sucks
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM

I agree with the above comments about the crowd. They ruined the show. I've been going to shows for 30 years and have never experienced a concert with such rude people who would not shut the fuck up. They spoke over the music and were more interested in socializing with their buddies than appreciating a musical event. For a region that brandishes its sophistication and superiority over the rest of the country, New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans once again reaffirm themselves as self-absorbed hogs. The experience solidified the notion that New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans are the most insufferable bores on the planet who have no respect for others.

Having said that, the band seemed off sync and the sound was not the best I ever heard. Do they think fans want to hear that idiotic synthesizer solo during Sober from some hooded specter over another song? By Laterlus, they were really cooking and then boom! They ended with Aenema and no encore. What the hell was that?

Overall, it was not worth the time and money unless you are a mindless minion. Fans said screw you to each other and the band said screw you to the fans with a mediocre show.

Would it have killed Maynard to acknowledge the fans at the end with his band mates? Since when does a rock and roller own a vineyard? Maynard's pretension is wearing thin, but at least the rest of the band was gracious at the end of the performance. And the light show was good. But I'm sick and tired of being fleeced by the entertainment industry with over-priced tickets and mindlessly accepting average performance.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree with the above comments about the crowd. They ruined the show. I've been going to shows for 30 years and have never experienced a concert with such rude people who would not shut the fuck up. They spoke over the music and were more interested in socializing with their buddies than appreciating a musical event. For a region that brandishes its sophistication and superiority over the rest of the country, New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans once again reaffirm themselves as self-absorbed hogs. The experience solidified the notion that New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans are the most insufferable bores on the planet who have no respect for others.

Having said that, the band seemed off sync and the sound was not the best I ever heard. Do they think fans want to hear that idiotic synthesizer solo during Sober from some hooded specter over another song? By Laterlus, they were really cooking and then boom! They ended with Aenema and no encore. What the hell was that?

Overall, it was not worth the time and money unless you are a mindless minion. Fans said screw you to each other and the band said screw you to the fans with a mediocre show.

Would it have killed Maynard to acknowledge the fans at the end with his band mates? Since when does a rock and roller own a vineyard? Maynard's pretension is wearing thin, but at least the rest of the band was gracious at the end of the performance. And the light show was good. But I'm sick and tired of being fleeced by the entertainment industry with over-priced tickets and mindlessly accepting average performance.
Christo413
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM

Hey TOOL lovers who saw them last night. I saw them the night before in CT and in Boston last weekend. I just am curious to know when the show ended did Maynard just give his peace sign give Danny a fist pound and bounce off stage while the rest of the band waved to you guys and walked around on stage?? I am curious to know cause iv read that the band MJK in particular wasn't thrilled about doing this tour. Could be all rumors but you never know with the lack of info we hear about them. If anyone can reply it would be appreciated.

"SPIRAL OUT..KEEP GOING".
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey TOOL lovers who saw them last night. I saw them the night before in CT and in Boston last weekend. I just am curious to know when the show ended did Maynard just give his peace sign give Danny a fist pound and bounce off stage while the rest of the band waved to you guys and walked around on stage?? I am curious to know cause iv read that the band MJK in particular wasn't thrilled about doing this tour. Could be all rumors but you never know with the lack of info we hear about them. If anyone can reply it would be appreciated.

mindlattice's Avatar mindlattice
02-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Bummed to see Parabola on the setlist.... compared to the energy just pouring off the stage @ the Camden, this show was mediocre at best. Maybe its the crowd (i'm not a fan of going to concerts in North Jersey at all) Still, a mediocre TooL show is pretty damn good.

Last edited by mindlattice; 02-02-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Bummed to see Parabola on the setlist.... compared to the energy just pouring off the stage @ the Camden, this show was mediocre at best. Maybe its the crowd (i'm not a fan of going to concerts in North Jersey at all) Still, a mediocre TooL show is pretty damn good.

Last edited by mindlattice; 02-02-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Tiresias
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo413 View Post

He seemed pretty stoked to me. Big waves to the crowd. Looked like a smile on his face. Letting the guys take credit for the badass job that they do is not disrespect to the crowd, it is respect for what Adam, Danny and Justin do, and what they do is ROCK.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo413 View Post

He seemed pretty stoked to me. Big waves to the crowd. Looked like a smile on his face. Letting the guys take credit for the badass job that they do is not disrespect to the crowd, it is respect for what Adam, Danny and Justin do, and what they do is ROCK.
tooltour2012
02-02-2012, 02:20 PM

seen tool many times and Maynard always leaves following the encore and Danny, Justin, Adam hug it out and stuff on stage. quit with the drama/gossip...lame.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

seen tool many times and Maynard always leaves following the encore and Danny, Justin, Adam hug it out and stuff on stage. quit with the drama/gossip...lame.
poopgas
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM

A Celestial performance, an affirmation of why their music art and message are so amazing and important. The best most fun Tool show Ive been to since Halloween 2002.

Last edited by poopgas; 02-02-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

A Celestial performance, an affirmation of why their music art and message are so amazing and important. The best most fun Tool show Ive been to since Halloween 2002.

Last edited by poopgas; 02-02-2012 at 02:51 PM..
hatred in a jar's Avatar hatred in a jar
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM

i got there just as maynard was doing his speech before sober, really pissed for missing hooker and i feel betrayed that they didn't play ticks and leeches. i was really looking forward to it as i have never heard it live and probably never will :/ i kind of though that hooker, ticks and pushit were staples on this tour but i guess not. about the crowd all you people talkin shit about new york and new jersey can shove it up your ass. i will admit that i have never seen a more dead GA section than last night it was fucking pathetic. i was actually contemplating bumrushing the floor just to rile people up. god even if you don't like moshing fuckin move around or something. i was by myself and vibing in my seat section 104 seat 2 but i just didn't feel anything from the crowd. all i'm gonna say is i'm from brooklyn and when i go to shows i fuckin participate in the vibing to the music no matter who the fuck is around me and that's what's up. if you're gonna stand around that's your own fuckin problem not mine. look at live tool videos from 96 and how the crowds were wild as shit back then. i don't recall seing one head move in the GA it was like everyone was just standing there. beyond my understanding how that many people could be so dead at a tool show. maybe that's why they fucked us on the setlist. definitely regretted not taking shrooms but still i had a great time and am so happy i got to see pushit, but i missed hooker and they didn't play ticks. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh i'm so sad. i am definitely buying tickets to more than one show next tour so i have a possible chance of hearing songs i haven't heard them play live before. and i am going GA next time so i can show you fuckers how to move. I WILL MAKE YOU MOVE!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

i got there just as maynard was doing his speech before sober, really pissed for missing hooker and i feel betrayed that they didn't play ticks and leeches. i was really looking forward to it as i have never heard it live and probably never will :/ i kind of though that hooker, ticks and pushit were staples on this tour but i guess not. about the crowd all you people talkin shit about new york and new jersey can shove it up your ass. i will admit that i have never seen a more dead GA section than last night it was fucking pathetic. i was actually contemplating bumrushing the floor just to rile people up. god even if you don't like moshing fuckin move around or something. i was by myself and vibing in my seat section 104 seat 2 but i just didn't feel anything from the crowd. all i'm gonna say is i'm from brooklyn and when i go to shows i fuckin participate in the vibing to the music no matter who the fuck is around me and that's what's up. if you're gonna stand around that's your own fuckin problem not mine. look at live tool videos from 96 and how the crowds were wild as shit back then. i don't recall seing one head move in the GA it was like everyone was just standing there. beyond my understanding how that many people could be so dead at a tool show. maybe that's why they fucked us on the setlist. definitely regretted not taking shrooms but still i had a great time and am so happy i got to see pushit, but i missed hooker and they didn't play ticks. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh i'm so sad. i am definitely buying tickets to more than one show next tour so i have a possible chance of hearing songs i haven't heard them play live before. and i am going GA next time so i can show you fuckers how to move. I WILL MAKE YOU MOVE!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply