opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/06/02 - Nurburgring, GER - Rock-am-Ring

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/06/02 - Nurburgring, GER - Rock-am-Ring

Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Dunno if it's in the correct order. Great show btw.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

It was the first time I saw them live. Some told me they'd kick ass and some said they suck on stage.

If I ever meet the guy of the second opinion again, I'll tell him he knows a shit about them. That was such a great show I can't describe it!
I stood in the second row and had some nice fans around me to talk to before the show and they all promised me one of the best things I could ever experience.

I dunno how they do it, but if you let lose you enter a different world, when they were playing Right In Two (my favorite song) I could've cried of anything, it was amazing.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to see them next time they'll be aroung Germany :)
Btw, the Setlist seems to be correct as far as I recognize all songs in about this order.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:44 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

I'm still pretty amazed...
Second time for me to see them live.
It was absolutely great seeing a "new" Maynard.

Maynard was VERY eloquent, talked a lot (compared to my last show back in 2002)
He liked joking aroung, punished us with Rosetta Stoned (as far as I understood he said because we surely thought about rubbing our asses to those standing around us because it was very cold?!)

Some addition to the Playlist:

I think as an Intro, there was some shamanic singing like in Lipan Conjuring
Before Right In Two there was some kind of version of Intension, at least it sounded pretty much like Intension
First time Rosetta Stoned was played without Lost Keys as an Intro?!

That was a very special and unique evening.
Thanks to Tool...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Hey,
I also thought the show was pretty amazing. Unfortunately, i had to see it from quite far back. I and my girlfriend went to the front part just before korn, so that we could get good places for tool, which were next...yes, that was not a wise decision, but i was so impatently waiting for tool that i kind of refused to think quite rationally..so what happened was that the korn crowd was getting very crazy and at some point there was one big mass of people that was aimlessly going from one direction to the other, and one could barely breathe...so naturally I had to go with my gf to the security lane and then far back. What pissed me was that this idiot Johnatan Davis could perfectly see that people are almost dying and still he encouraged and manipulated his anyways quite blank minded fans (no offense, please, i'm still affected). he shouted: 'now i want you to all go crazy for me!" Yahh, great, dude!!
I think that was actually what Maynard meant when he was talking to the people about giving each other more space in order to be able to enjoy better the show.
Well, other than that, i was really amazed by the quality of the act...the songs sounded really epic with the natural ambience of the huge arena...also i think adam was playing with more delay on his guitar than usual, for the solo parts and this added to the beauty. The songs had some interesting alterations, but i cannot tell you what exactly, because i already was quite under smokey inflience :)
Now I am really looking forward to the duesseldorf show. I think tool showld be best viewed at separate shows, this reduces a lot of the unpleasant factors of a festival.
But, in general RockAmRing was quite an experience...to all that went there, :
HELGAAAAA!!! lol
you know what i mean
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

very very good show. my 3rd time seein tool. above is the correct set list. maynard's voice was in top form, and the band sounded good. they had some trouble with the pot, but all in all a very nice performance.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-09-2006, 03:54 AM   #7
the moose is loose

Bincount™: 7462

I've just got back from Germany... this was my 2nd time seeing Tool live. I didn't notice the band having any trouble during The Pot. Overall it was amazing. Maynard's voice was spot on throughout the whole show.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

The show was amazing and Maynards voice was in top form. Better than in 2001. There were no problems with the Pot I think. The only negative thing was the bass but overall it was amazing. My first tool show btw ;)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: