View Single Post
jswearengen
05-16-2007, 04:07 PM

This was my second TOOL concert--the first being last year in Dallas. Am a 61 y/o female TOOL fan. My brother, 52, was with me. Aside from the cigarette smoke (didn't mind the 'other'; brought back a lot of memories), it was great. Only problem for us in the nosebleed seats was that we could NOT hear Maynard's vocals. After the sound in Dallas last year being so goddamned prsitine, this was just a muddy mess. Did rock with the music but not the words. Thought it interesting that several fans stopped us along the way with "What are YOU doing here?". Hey old folks rock. And if it was the over-the-top sercurity that got us Aenime, so be it.

As for the exorbitant t-shirt prices--forget it. I have the money but not the ethics to pay that amount for a fucking t-shirt.

As for the monumental cluster fuck that was Desoto Convention Center traffic control, what a mess. It took us almost as long to get out to the interstate as TOOL played. This place needs to get a grip.

Last edited by jswearengen; 05-16-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/15 - Southaven, MS - DeSoto Center

This was my second TOOL concert--the first being last year in Dallas. Am a 61 y/o female TOOL fan. My brother, 52, was with me. Aside from the cigarette smoke (didn't mind the 'other'; brought back a lot of memories), it was great. Only problem for us in the nosebleed seats was that we could NOT hear Maynard's vocals. After the sound in Dallas last year being so goddamned prsitine, this was just a muddy mess. Did rock with the music but not the words. Thought it interesting that several fans stopped us along the way with "What are YOU doing here?". Hey old folks rock. And if it was the over-the-top sercurity that got us Aenime, so be it.

As for the exorbitant t-shirt prices--forget it. I have the money but not the ethics to pay that amount for a fucking t-shirt.

As for the monumental cluster fuck that was Desoto Convention Center traffic control, what a mess. It took us almost as long to get out to the interstate as TOOL played. This place needs to get a grip.

Last edited by jswearengen; 05-16-2007 at 04:09 PM..
OFFLINE |