(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended version)
46-2
Schism (extended with turbo)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended with drum solo)
Vicarious

This was my third Tool-show, and although being very good (through being a Tool-show), I have to admit that it was the most disappointing one I have attended so far, mostly due to a very short set (they actually finished about 5 minutes before the 'end-all-concerts-and-pack-it-up-time', making it about 1h10m in total), and the fact that the sound was pretty badly put together most of the time, with Maynard's vocals being really low (yes, I know they normally are but this was beyond that point), the guitar suffering from much the same at points, while Justin was banging away really hard. It seemed this made a couple of songs (especially Rosetta Stoned) pretty impenetrable for people who did not know them well from before, as the vocals drowned a lot and some riffs were hard to make out. The (somewhat expected) exclusion of Wings, which I personally was praying to see, together with Ænema and Right in Two/Pushit, was also a kind of a letdown. Posters saying "Warning: Lasers will be used tonight" or something like that really revived my hope of seeing Wings, but in the end they were used for Lateralus and Vicarious. But hey, they were really nice!

That having been said (tda), though; there were obviously a lot of things to be happy about too. Lateralus and Vicarious are both incredible live and as usual made for a really good ending. Finally seeing Danny's extended drum solo was cool, and in general all these extended parts were great. Not being the biggest Flood-fan from before I have to say that it really rocked live too. Maynard was pretty animated throughout the whole show, and had a really good thing going, although not saying much. Apart from the thank you in the end I think the only words were "Hello. Damn fine meetin' ya", which he said while raising and waving his thumb in that MJK-sarcastic way. Justin was really on target throughout the whole show and his solo parts (46-2, Schism, ...) were awesome. Adam seemed to miss out a bit during the intro on Lateralus and somewhere during Jambi, but in general he was rock solid as usual (although the sound was low). Danny was, well... Danny, and that should say enough.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:54 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended version)
46-2
Schism (extended with turbo)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended with drum solo)
Vicarious

This was my third Tool-show, and although being very good (through being a Tool-show), I have to admit that it was the most disappointing one I have attended so far, mostly due to a very short set (they actually finished about 5 minutes before the 'end-all-concerts-and-pack-it-up-time', making it about 1h10m in total), and the fact that the sound was pretty badly put together most of the time, with Maynard's vocals being really low (yes, I know they normally are but this was beyond that point), the guitar suffering from much the same at points, while Justin was banging away really hard. It seemed this made a couple of songs (especially Rosetta Stoned) pretty impenetrable for people who did not know them well from before, as the vocals drowned a lot and some riffs were hard to make out. The (somewhat expected) exclusion of Wings, which I personally was praying to see, together with Ænema and Right in Two/Pushit, was also a kind of a letdown. Posters saying "Warning: Lasers will be used tonight" or something like that really revived my hope of seeing Wings, but in the end they were used for Lateralus and Vicarious. But hey, they were really nice!

That having been said (tda), though; there were obviously a lot of things to be happy about too. Lateralus and Vicarious are both incredible live and as usual made for a really good ending. Finally seeing Danny's extended drum solo was cool, and in general all these extended parts were great. Not being the biggest Flood-fan from before I have to say that it really rocked live too. Maynard was pretty animated throughout the whole show, and had a really good thing going, although not saying much. Apart from the thank you in the end I think the only words were "Hello. Damn fine meetin' ya", which he said while raising and waving his thumb in that MJK-sarcastic way. Justin was really on target throughout the whole show and his solo parts (46-2, Schism, ...) were awesome. Adam seemed to miss out a bit during the intro on Lateralus and somewhere during Jambi, but in general he was rock solid as usual (although the sound was low). Danny was, well... Danny, and that should say enough.
OFFLINE |